StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Icefire nodded in understanding and waited, nervous.

Leafstar looked at Starlingleaf when she heard her name being called. Her gaze drifted to the stranger and she curiously looked at Icefire, eyes widening as she saw Icefire's eyes. Then she walked over to Starlingleaf.

"Yes, Starlingleaf?" she asked, eyeing the stranger nervously.

Starlingleaf gave Icefire a reassuring smile. She then turned to Leafstar and gave the leader a nod of respect. "Leafstar, this is Icefire. She's a loner and would like to join the Clan." After a moment's pause, she added, "Oh, and she was also the cat that saved Sunpaw when the rogue and that awful kittypet, I think she was called Fluffy, almost got him." Starlingleaf winced a little at the memory, knowing she was in a position to help, yet she just stood there frozen as the apprentice was in danger... but hey, at least now Leafstar knew that ThunderClan was in Icefire's debt. Perhaps she would agree to take the loner in.

"She did? Well then, I would happily welcome her into the clan," Leafstar said, surprised. Then, with a sigh, added, "Fluffy. Still causing trouble, huh?"

Leafstar turned to Icefire. "Thank you for helping Sunpaw. I have heard from Starlingleaf that you would like to join the clan."

"Oh," Icefire was a bit surprised when the cat turned to talk to her. This cat's scent... There was something familiar about it... "Um..." she began, dipping her head in respect, "Yes, I do wish to join the clan..."

"Well then, Thunderclan welcomes you and we're happy to have you join us. Starlingleaf, why don't you show Icefire around and introduce her to the clan. I'll hold the ceremony later."

"Ceremony?" Icefire wondered aloud.

((Sorry on my inactivity everyone! Family stuff and then Sandy decided to blow in. V_V Thankfully it isn't terrible, but I got school off today and maybe even tomorrow (Got a school closing text alert yesterday during dinner stating that it was closed 'today and tomorrow' so I'm wondering if today was yesterday or this today as school had already been over and out for almost five hours when I got it...) I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping warm!))

Foxthunder smiled as Hazelpaw went after a squirrel, catching on quick. Then she wasn't after it anymore. Looking up from where he saw her figure, he saw trees. (She's at Fourtrees, correct? I can't think of any other closeish wooded area she could be but thought I'd make sure.) "Hazelpaw, come back!" He ran after her, worried about what RiverClan would say about a stray apprentice so far from camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunapaw paused, her fur still spiked and ready to fight back, when Sky did. "You're kidding me? You've never heard of the clans?" She was honestly shocked to find that there was someone that didn't know about the four clans, or even the four great clans. She stood up, loosening up a bit so she could calmly explain, but still kept her guard. She motioned with her tail to the area surrounding them and beyond. "There are four clans that own these lands; ThunderClan lives in the forests over there," she nodded. "Most of them think they're better than everyone else. The ghastly looking territory over there," she nodded once again, "is ShadowClan. They eat rats and kits for breakfast. That way," pointing with her paw, "is where WindClan eat. They're so skinny you could see right through them and all they do every day is run around chasing their prey like mad dogs. This here is RiverClan, the best clan there is. We know how to fish and we aren't afraid to get our paws wet like the rest of those mange pelts in the other clans." Realizing she may have said too much already, she shut her mouth and turned back to Sky, watching him with a blank expression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oakpaw nodded. "Okay!" Eager to know, he asked, "What kind of prey is at the old badger set?"

((I think it might be better to act as though Twistedpaw was never Wildshade's apprentice. GF never said anything about not being allowed to let others use him, but she never said we could, so we'll just keep to the safe side. While I'm over checking the OOC, I'm going to add a new section- Adoptions. If you want to leave, or just put together kitties for others to adopt, then you can put a kitty there and they'll get reused/used. Helpful for those that have a horrid time coming up with stuff for their characters. smile.gif))

Edited by StarSea

"Huh," Sky said blankly, "What... What do you do in a clan?" he asked, sitting up to listen eagerly. His posture was now relaxed but his ears were pricked. He looked like a kit listening to an elder's story now. His eyes gleamed with curiosity but there was still a trace of hostility in them.

Wildshade's ears twitched when he heard his name spoken in the deputy's voice. Tilting his head slightly, he listened as Nightstar suggested someone else to lead instead or with him and then as Lightningstreak chose another warrior. Padding towards the deputy (since the leader had already slipped out with her apprentice), Wildshade circled Lightningstreak slowly and eyed her. "What's wrong with me leading the patrol? I have more experience than anyone in this wretched camp! I'm offended really."

Sitting down with a faint thud, he inspected a front paw before rubbing his nicked ear. "Well, if Deadwinter must tag along, I'll be leading with him. I'll settle for nothing less. 'sides, the little tot of a feline could learn a thing or two from me..." Some had to wonder if he was actually a bit off in the head since, in plenty of occasions, he could come off just as normal as any other cat.

"Wildshade!"

The elderly warrior turned his head, quickly shifting his gaze to the source of the call in irritation. "Blasted ball of fur! I told you never to speak to me! How dare you disobey me!" He narrowed his eyes, glaring at Graykit as the tiny 'ball of fur' bumped into his side.

"Sorry, Wildshade! I like talking to you though. You're funny and you don't make a lot of sense!" Graykit mewed, bouncing slightly to try and be more at Wildshade's level.

The warrior's eyes hardly changed as he tried to follow the kit's bouncing. "No sense?! I make perfect sense! It's everyone else who's the buffoon and can't understand!"

Graykit stopped bouncing, lowering his belly to the ground and lightly pawing the dirt. "Sorry, Wildshade..." Glancing over, he realized Lightningstreak was there and instantly cheered up again. "Lightningstreak! I'm getting bigger every day! Am I going to be an apprentice soon?"

((X3 These two are going to be fun together.))

Dusteye motioned for Oakpaw to follow with his tail, starting on their trek to Outlook Rock as he spoke. "Wells, there's the obvious rabbit and mouse or vole. Sometimes there might be a snake or two since it's close to the forest." He shrugged, trying to plan for any other questions that Oakpaw might ask. He didn't want to be caught off guard too soon or find that he had no answer to something he should.

[stay safe, StarSea! :] and yeah, Fourtrees]

"Awesome!" Starlingleaf grinned as Leafstar agreed to let Icefire join the Clan. Her tail waved wildly in excitement as the leader told her to show Icefire around the camp. "Yes, the ceremony for you to join the Clan, of course," she meowed in response to Icefire's question. "Icefire already works well as a warrior name... I guess Leafstar could change it, although I don't see any reason to. She probably won't," Starlingleaf added just in case Icefire was worried. "Um, she might give you a mentor so you can just be an apprentice for now, until you learn Clan ways." The medicine cat smiled reassuringly. "Nothing to worry about...

"And now, I get to show you around the camp! First, I'll show you my den. It's right over here." Starlingleaf padded over to her den and slipped inside. "Cozy, isn't it?" She smiled proudly. "This is where I keep all my herbs" - the medicine cat gestured to the neatly stacked piles of leaves, cobwebs, berries, and other things - "and that is where I sleep." She pointed with her tail to her nest. "And that extra nest over there" - she nodded to it - "is where ill cats can sleep, so I can take care of them overnight."

Starlingleaf smiled, looking around her den for a moment more before she slipped back out. "Now, let's show you the nursery."

Hazelpaw glanced back as Foxthunder called her name. She waited as he caught up to her. "Sorry," she muttered, tail drooping. "I kind of misjudged how far away the squirrel was. I'll try to do better next time, though." She was already opening her mouth to catch any scent of prey.

Edited by Stunningfire

Icefire smiled as she looked around the den. It was pretty cool being here and all. She was used to being in the city with the awful smell of twolegs and trash, always being on her guard in case some cat from another group attacked or came to steal from them. Here, the air was clean and fresh. It was wild and comfortable in the forest with the trees overhead instead of twoleg nests. She quietly followed Starlingleaf and she pricked her ears when she heard the word 'nursery'. She loved kits.

[[Yeah, sorry for the inactivity. Sandy was annoying me.]]

Mountainmist flew at Sunpaw. "Prepare yourself for this, Sunpaw!" Stopping right in front of him, Mountainmist lashed out a series of quick blows. Since Mountainmist was Sunpaw’s mentor, she knew most of his weaknesses.

Coldstorm let out a fearsome screech that was mixed with pain. Coldstorm allowed himself to fall to the ground, then sent sharp blows towards the rogues pelt. “Tch. What do you want with the clan, anyways?”

Sunpaw thrashed desperately to avoid Mountainmist’s attacks, but there was just too much to be avoided. As soon as Sunpaw was hit, he suddenly felt himself being overwhelmed by the series of attacks. Foxdung! The difference is so large...! His breath was knocked out of him and he flung himself to the ground, closing his eyes, his paws covering his head.

Silentpaw stared at his mentor, as if waiting for a command. "?" He flicked his tail.

(The gathering in ten pages, right?)

Mountainmist placed all four paws back on the ground, and then walked towards Sunpaw. As she stood over him, she let out a mrrow of amusement. Then she prodded Sunpaw. “Hey. Sunpaw. Get up, this isn’t how you face an enemy!”

[[ So much stuffffff is happeninggg... ]]

"I give up..." Sunpaw let out a muffled mew. He shifted his paws so that his mentor could see his face. Part of it. Eyes half-closed, Sunpaw twisted around, tail lashing. “Mountainmist…I don't feel well. Can we do something else?” He complained, being his lazy self again. His motivation doesn’t spark well.

“What?” was Mountainmist irritable reply. “You give up already? Honestly, Sunpaw, this is why you couldn’t beat those rogues. You’re too lazy, and you don’t take things seriously enough. How do you expect to…” Mountainmist let out a sigh as she realized that Sunpaw was probably not listening. He never did pay full attention. “Alright…we’ll go back to camp, then. Let’s call this a day for training.” Mousebrain, Sunpaw barely did anything. Mountainmist thought in exasperation. Well, maybe hunting will be better. Sunpaw’s a expert at hunting birds… “Let’s go back to camp first, rest a bit. There has been a strange amount of rogues roaming around our territory. We cannot let this continue.” Flicking her tail, Mountainmist turned around. “Come on, let’s get going.”

"Yes..." Sunpaw leaped up to his paws, trotting after Mountainmist. "Those rogues won't see me coming!" Sunpaw reared up on his hind paw to bat in the air, almost like a kit. Then he unsheathed his claws and lashed out at a leaf, that was falling to the ground. "I hate snow," Sunpaw complained, following Mountainmist in a daze. "They seem so harmless, but a bunch of them? They can kill cats." Sunpaw used his claws to strike a snowflake, making it burst into tiny little wet pieces. Then, wrinkling his nose, Sunpaw followed Mountainmist back to camp.

Scar quickly jumped off before he was hit and backed away a little. He didn't reply to Coldstorm , but gave the clan cat a heartbeat to get himself back up before attacking without warning, trying to get Coldstorm to lose his balance again. Fall had taught him this trick. It was something called a Slash and Run technique.

Nightstar nodded faintly, touching her tail tip to Silentpaw's shoulder. He knew what the touch meant, that she wished for him to watch and follow her example. She had been using such a motion since day one of his training. Dropping low, similar to a regular hunting crouch, she kept her tail straight behind her. "When the ground is covered in snow and frost, you must be wary of how you distribute your weight. If a cat is not attentive, then their paws are sure to slip out beneath them. To be successful in hunting during Leaf-Bare, you must keep your feet light and your body evenly balanced."

((You probably misread Choco, but Nightstar did wish for Silentpaw to mimic her actions.))

Lightningstreak eyed Wildshade back evenly. "And who's the deputy here? I'm in charge of patrols." She flicked her tail irritably. "You're second in command, and that's that." Her green eyes widened slightly as a high-pitched mew called out Wildshade's name. A moment later Graykit came along. Lightningstreak's eyes softened as the kit bounced happily, talking to Wildshade despite the warrior's words.

Graykit then turned to Lightningstreak and addressed her, asking if he was going to be an apprentice soon. "You are definitely getting bigger," she purred, padding over and giving the kit an affectionate lick on his head. "Although it'll be a while until you're ready to become an apprentice." She smiled. "Don't worry - good things come to those who wait. Just be patient and you'll be an apprentice in no time."

Starlingleaf padded to the nursery. She stuck her head in and let out a gentle meow. "Hello, Brightheart," she greeted the queen. "Mind if I come in for a bit? This is Icefire, a new addition to our Clan." The medicine cat glanced back at Icefire. "There aren't any kits in there right now, but Brightheart is expecting to have kits soon, so she stays in the nursery."

((Oops, LOL, sorry about that.))

Silentpaw nodded, pricking his ears at his mentor's words. Narrowing his eyes in concentration, Silentpaw dropped down to a crouch. As he took a step forwards, his right paw slipped as it met the wet snow. Silentpaw immediately unsheathed his left paw in order to regain balance. There was a loud crunch as Silentpaw placed his left paw down. "..." Silentpaw lashed his tail in mind annoyance and shifted back down to a crouching position. Slowly and carefully, He stalked forward, and this time, he managed to stalk a few feet forward without slipping. Silentpaw looked back at his mentor expectantly, as if waiting for comments.

Icefire nodded, peering into the nursery curiously and spotting the queen. She smiled as she looked around.

---

Fall raced across the moors, looking for prey. The grass was slippery with snow, but Fall still kept his balance.

((Cat, I don't know what's going on in Thunderclan but, if I managed to glean enough from skimming through, I do believe that Icefire (a former loner) has just joined the clan and is currently looking about the camp. I think Starlingleaf is showing the new cat around. She currently at the nursery.

That's all I know. Hope this helps.))

Nightstar watched Silentpaw's trial from the corner of her eye. Nodding slightly, she stood straight and reached a paw out to gently nudge his hind leg into a better position. "For a first try, that wasn't bad. Your quick-thinking kept you from outright falling where so many others wouldn't succeed in such a maneuver. Again."

((-.- Sorry. It's small. I gotta start getting ready for school.))

Silentpaw dropped to the ground once more. He held his position for a moment, trying to remember what the ‘feeling’ is like. “It does seem sturdier,” he mewed, then stalked forward, black paws slowly entering the cold snow. Eyes aimed at a leaf, Silentpaw stalked forward, eyes narrowed. His ears pricked and his tail brushed low to the ground, as if hunting real prey. Then, Silentpaw leaped, and his unsheathed claws pierced the leaf like it would to a mouse. Silentpaw looked at his mentor. “Nightstar, won’t hunting be difficult in this…white environment?”

Edited by ChocoBrownie

As everything began to quiet down between Sky and Lunapaw, Ash kit slowly stopped mewling and got up on wobbly legs. He began padding back towards where Lunapaw had been when she was talking to Fall.

"Well," she began and then spotted Ashkit hobbling off again. She quickly reached out and grabbed him before he could go too far. "We look out for each other," she said, giving Ashkit a calming lick- he seemed unusually impatient. "Everyone works together and everyone gets fed. Lots of us hunt and fight, but some are too old or too young or still caring for kits, so they can't fight..." She paused. Did I say too much? Now she was worried that something would happen, Sky would end up taking advantage of her knowledge, and do something that wouldn't have happened if she hadn't told him about them and just chased him away. "Wh- Why don't you come see for yourself?"

-------------------------------------------

"Aren't some snakes poisonous?" Oakpaw asked Dusteye. Realizing he had slowed down a bit, he picked up the pace.

-------------------------------------------

Foxthunder shook his head at Hazelpaw. "Not that," he said, flicking his tail to point over near RiverClan. "Fourtrees is a point where all of the clans' territory borders and some cats get hostile at others being around them. We're pretty close to the RiverClan border, so let's head back and see if we can't find anything a bit farther away. At least until you're a warrior, it'd probably be best." He hoped he hadn't put her down, but he'd rather do just that and keep her safe than leave her be and her end up getting seriously hurt.

(Soiled, are you hoping that someone will notice Fall, or has he got some place to be? xd.png)

Mountainmist sighed again. “I always wondered why you were like that.” She glanced back at Sunpaw, who was lashing out at a leaf.

Coldstorm whipped around. “You’re one annoying rogue. I don’t like to repeat myself, but I’ll say this once more. What…do…you…want.” Coldstorm charged towards the rogue, lashing his claws at all sides. This battle was going nowhere.

“Huh? Always like what?” Sunpaw mewed, turning towards Mountainmist. He picked up the pace, catching up to her. “What do you mean, Mountainmist?” He meowed, tilting his head in confusion.