StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

(Stunning, posted in the OOC about Foxthunder and Hazelpaw. smile.gif Girl, I posted there for you as well about something Blizzardstar needs to do, preferably before RiverClan leaves for the gathering. You should read the bottom of the linked post as well so we can get started.)

"Thank you, Crystaldrop." Nightstar quickly ate the herbs and briefly brushed her muzzle with a forepaw. "If you are all set for the Gathering, then it is time for us to leave," she stated, faintly flicking her tail as she padded towards where Lightningstreak, Silentpaw, and Wildshade waited.

"I don't understand why you insist on leaving the food for weak felines instead of having some for yourself, Nightstar." Wildshade's ear twitched as he rose to all fours at the leader's approach.

"It's called compassion, Wildshade. You will do well to learn to have some." Nightstar did not bother to glance at the old warrior, nodding once at Lightningstreak and Silentpaw. "Time to go." She glanced back, checking on Crystaldrop to be sure the medicine cat wasn't being left behind, then bounded out of the camp towards Fourtrees.

---

Dusteye looked up at Galeheart as the deputy approached him. "It's all my fault Galeheart! I'm a horrible mentor and it's not even the end of my first day! Oakheart got bit by a poisonous snake because of me. I'm a mouse-brained fool!" Clearly, the young warrior was hard on himself and he sighed, shaking his head as he lowered it. "I fear, Pigeonstar has made a mistake, trusting me to mentor Oakpaw..."

((Alright, Star

BTW, It's Fall, not Fluffy, GGG))

Fall was about to answer when another cat barreled into Slash.Surprised, he nearly fell off the fence.

---

Dew and Drop returned to their positions to chase, but Spirit had already ran away.

"It's all your fault, left side! Why did you stumble?" Dew hissed angrily.

"Eh, who cares if she got away. There's more prey around here elsewhere, I bet," Drop replied, shrugging.

---

Leafstar looked over at Sunpaw. "Didn't you already eat?" she asked. "You should save the vole for later, I have an announcement to make."

She leaped onto the Highrock.

"Let all cats that are old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting!" she yowled.

( YEah, I know. I saw that post after I posted.) AS Blizzardstar dropped the fish. he pondered for a moment. voices from the nursery. Obviously, there SHOULD be voices from there, but he checked anyway. He saw a loner and Lunapaw. " What's the loner doing here?" He asked Lunapaw. He wanted an answer.

~~~~~~~~

Russet padded through the grasslands of WindClan, being careful not to be heard. a rabbit was ahead, and the kit didn't want to lose it. her tail accidently thumped! and the rabbit went hopping away hurriedly. sighing, Russet stared in the direction the rabbit went. stupid thing. she thought, then went into the rabbit hole she lived in.

Lunapaw looked up in shock as Blizzardstar came in and found the two. Why shouldn't he, but she had expected he'd have started leading whoever it was going to the gathering there. She turned to him and replied, "This is... um... Sky? I found him on our territory and he agreed to come check out the clans. He helped me out quite a bit with bringing Ashkit back home." Going off track a bit, she commented, "Speaking of whom, I haven't seen his mother in forever and he almost bolted out of camp and I would have lost him if Sky hadn't grabbed him. I swear to StarClan, Ashkit is going crazy! He's got bees in his brain or something..." Worry trailed in her voice.

((Just wish to make a note - this will be posted in the OOC as well - any kits would not be able to actually fight or, in Sky's case, catch small fish in a river with a current that's stronger than them. They're too small and have very little skills, no matter how much they've been training.))

Dovepaw stretched out her legs and back, shaking out her fur as she yawned briefly. Tonight would be the Gathering and she wondered who would be going. Blizzardstar hadn't announced it just yet and she hoped she would be one of the cats chosen to go. She had gone last moon after being made a new apprentice and had found it completely exciting. Oh, all of the cats that were there! So many to meet and make friends with!

Her ears twitched as she picked up voices by the nursery. Hurrying over, she spotted Blizzardstar and Lunapaw. "Lunapaw! Is everything okay? How's Ashkit doing?" Dovepaw loved Ashkit and would always keep him entertained while his mother was out taking care of her warrior duties. That is, if she wasn't stuck with her own apprentice training or such. Coming to a halt and sitting beside Lunapaw, she peered forward and squeaked in surprise when she noticed a new kit. "Who's he?" She had just missed the kit's name, not having heard Lunapaw say it as she came up.

Silentpaw nodded, casting Wildshade a glance of disdain. Then, he quickly turned to catch up with Nightstar, amber eyes warily looking around.

“I think…we’re finally leaving.” Sunpaw mewed in a hushed whisper. He padded in front of the HighRock, looking up at Leaftstar.

“It’s not your fault, Dusteye.” Galeheart mewed. “Who knew that a snake would be there? Unfortunately, he can’t go to the gathering this time, but he’ll recover.” Oh, no. A snake. It had to be poisonous, too. What if…Oakpaw doesn’t recover? No, Fawnlily can handle these things… Galeheart shook off the thought. “It’s alright. With Fawnlily handling Oakpaw, he should be fine. Though, next time, you should be a bit more careful.”

"Before we leave for the gathering, I have to welcome a new member to our clan!" Leafstar announced, "Icefire, please come over here." She jumped off onto level ground with Icefire as the newcommer uncertainly walked over.

"I, Leafstar, leader of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this loner. She has given up her life as a loner and decided to walk upon the path of a warrior and I welcome her into our clan.

"Icefire, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Leafstar asked.

"Um... uh..." Icefire stuttered and turned to look at Starlingleaf, hoping that the medicine cat could help.

---

((Sky is almost old enough to become an apprentice, and I thought that the river was half-frozen since it's winter))

Sky shuffled to hide behind Lunapaw as more cats turned their attention on him.

---

"How can you be sure they are here, Scar?" Fluffy asked as they walked, leaving Fall and Slash behind.

"Oh, they'll be here. I know them better than you think..." Scar replied.

"Well, then, I trusting you."

Drop suddenly caught a familiar scent on the wind. Dew did right after and the two exchanged a glance before heading to the source.

"Fluffy?" "Scar!"

"See, what did I say?" Scar asked as they saw the two younger cats appear from the undergrowth.

Fluffy huffed and greeted the two. "Dew, Drop, we need your help."

"For what?" they chorused.

"You see..." Scar explained the situation to them.

"Sounds... Interesting..." Dew said.

"So hows about it, right side?" Drop asked, "Should we help?"

"I think we should, left side, I think we should..."

Edited by SoiledLove

((Ooops! Missed that part about Socks o_0 Oh and also, SL... yeah... o_0||| x2 COMBO))

Out of instinct, Slash immediately started hissing at his attacker. He immediately calmed down when he realized who it was. "I know you... You're Socks, right?" he asked.

---

Robintail looked on to the newcomer with encouragement. Yeah, he'd never seen her in his life, but it was still cool to have a new recruit to the clan.

---

Crystaldrop nodded and followed after her leader

" That's Ashkit." Blizzardstar replied to Dovepaw. Looking at Sky, he also meowed, " Thank you for helping Lunapaw rescue Ashkit." he glared at the kit for a moment. " We have to leave for the gathering." He looked at the warriors that would come.

~~~~

Twistedpaw limped up to Nightstar. " Am I coming too?" He didnt really know if it would effect ShadowClan's honor or not; but he did want to go! He hadn't before, being told he was too weak for the journey. The young tom stared at his twisted paw.

Edited by girlfairy76

((>_< Urk, it's not just yet leaf-bare so the river won't be frozen over. Plus, I don't recall it freezing over in the books.

Also, Girl, kits don't go to Gatherings...

Sorry, don't mean to nitpick but my mind is screaming 'where is the logic?'))

Nightstar paused, glancing back before turning around towards Twistedpaw. Motioning with her tail, she signaled for the others to go on and she would catch up. "You have been an apprentice for a few months now, yes? Do you believe you can keep up Twistedpaw?" she asked, waiting momentarily for his response. "Alright, come along." Flicking her tail, she motioned for the apprentice to follow her as she headed out of camp and towards Fourtrees. She had asked if he could keep up because she was uncertain if he had rested today and recently ate, giving him strength for the night.

((I'll pop Shadowclan into the OOC now.))

Fawnlily checked her store of herbs, taking a brief note that she would need to go out and get more of some. Reaching for Tormentil, she briefly chewed up the root and carefully laid the pulp over Oakpaw's snakebite. "This will extract as much of the poison as possible. If you start to feel anything other than being okay, let me know. I've got Tansy that should help." She was explaining things that the young apprentice probably wouldn't understand but talking helped her to remain focused.

---

"Yes, Galeheart," Dusteye replied, lowering his head in shame like an apprentice who was in trouble. Looking up and back towards the medicine den, he hoped Oakpaw would be okay and was anxious to trust in Fawnlily's skills as a medicine cat. He knew she would do her best but, had she ever healed a poisonous snakebite before? Shaking his head, he tried not to worry too much. He had to keep his mind focused for the Gathering lest he wind up in trouble.

---

Dovepaw sniffed at Sky, smiling brightly. "Welcome to the clan, Sky! It's been a long while since I've seen a cat that wasn't in one of the clans! My name's Dovepaw." She sat down, waving her tail excitedly as she introduced herself.

" Of course I can!" Twistedpaw exclaimed, following his mentor. Finally! I can go! I'm not the weak little kit anymore. he thought happily as he looked at the familiar dark undergrowth. It was just a twisted paw. What was the difference? He just couldn't hold to trees as well as other, hunt as well as others....

Voodoo and Whitefeather raced back into the Twolegplace. The black she-cat took the lead for her brother didn't know the layout of the Twolegplace. The siblings reached Voodoo's Twoleg nest in a matter of moments. Voodoo leaped first onto the fence, having to hook her claws in to steady herself. Her brother launched himself up next to her, hooking his claws in too, so he didn't fall. They both sat down to wait for the others to come back.

"How soon will the others be here?" Whitefeather asked, tilting his head.

"They should be here soon. Don't worry, brother." Voodoo nudged his white spotted shoulder with her head.

Russet looked around the moorland, frustrated. She got out of her rabbit hole and heard voices carried by the wind. Curious, the kit went in the direction the voices came from. She saw what looked like den; but not rabbit holes, like where she lived. Amazed, she watched the cat. "Yes, Galeheart," the cat said. Galeheart? What kind of name is THAT? Russet asked herself, staring.

((Guess I'll jump in now tongue.gif))

Bluepool was just finishing a vole as the camp began stirring. They were getting ready for the Gathering of course. The she-cat had been unable to sleep, and left Stormkit in her nest. The full moon shone bright overhead and the stars twinkled mysteriously. Flicking her tail in amusement at the strange ways nature worked, Bluepool got to her paws and padded into the nursery to Stormkit.

((Girl, you need to post who is going to the Gathering for RiverClan in the OOC. The Gathering should have been started a while ago...

On another note, I'm just going to jump Foxthunder and Hazelpaw back to camp. Hazelpaw can do her part when they get back from the gathering... supposing she'll realize some time between leaving and coming back that Oakpaw didn't come when he should have.))

Pigeonstar trusted Fawnlily's care of Oakpaw, but no matter how much she wanted to check on him and do what she could, the clan came first. When Dusteye said "I fear, Pigeonstar has made a mistake, trusting me to mentor Oakpaw...", she looked up sharply. "Dusteye," she said, then paused, thinking over her words. "There are reasons I picked you over any other cat in this clan that is willing, able, and in need of mentoring an apprentice to mentor Oakpaw. Almost as many reasons as there are warriors in SilverPelt. Everyone makes mistakes, and having you mentor Oakpaw is not one of my many. Fawnlily is very skilled and wise; you should have a little more faith in her. The both of you," she commented, presuming her deputy would be fretting about the poison. "Oa-" She broke off as two cats padded into camp; Foxthunder and Hazelpaw. "Come on, we really needed to go a while ago." Flicking her tail, she signaled that she was done and bounded over to the two. "We're leaving for the gathering right away. If you two need to eat something, do it now and do it quick. I hadn't expected everyone's patrols to be out so long."

Foxthunder nodded, a bit exhausted from all of the training that the two had done, but knowing he'd get to go to the gathering gave him a little more energy. Taking the few rabbits he had collected from demonstrations, he put all but one on the freshkill pile. "Want to share it?" he asked Hazelpaw, figuring that it'd be faster the each their own and it'd be enough to fill the both of them through.

When they finished, Pigeonstar looked around at her group. "Alright, ready?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Socks looked up at Slash when he said her name. "Ye-yeah... Slash?" Her body was still shaking from fear and her mind was still telling her to run. Why do I keep coming back? she asked herself, wary of what might happen if she came back to her twolegs again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oakpaw nodded. "Okay," he told Fawnlily. Looking up at the sky, he sighed. "I'm missing my first gathering. I can't believe it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunapaw looked at Dovepaw. "Sky is his name. Umm... maybe we should go somewhere else?" She looked over her shoulder at Sky, whom seemed to be hiding behind her. "I don't think he likes all of the attention."

Edited by StarSea

[[ I totally forgot who is who... xd.png ]]

Galeheart dipped his head. Oh no. Pigeonstar totally knew what I was thinking. What if she lectures me about being in doubt of Fawnlily's skills? And then, she might take away my position as deputy because she doesn't want a Windclan to have a leader who doesn't trust the medicine cat... Guilty, Galeheart bounded towards Pigeonstar. "Let's get going, then." He mewed. He stared into the forest. What if another clan lays a ambush for us? And...what if Pigeonstar is murdered and I'll have to take her place as a leader?! What will I do then?! Galeheart frowned, keeping a pretty straight face despite the rush of thoughts in his mind. Then he looked towards Russet's direction, eyes narrowed.

"Icefire!" Sunpaw exclaimed. "Mountainmist and I met her in the forest. She saved me from a rogue," He hissed to Moonpaw.

Silentpaw glanced back at Twistedpaw, nodding before turning his head back ahead, ears pricked.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((I guess Narvix is right... I tend to not be so logical with things that I find fun, unfortunately, that includes chess. That means I often lose really bad at chess... Hah...))

"Thanks...?" Sky said in reply to Dovepaw. Then he nodded when Lunapaw suggested going elsewhere.

---

Scar and Fluffy lead Dew and Drop back to Voodoo's garden. Fluffy waved her tail as they approached, greeting Voodoo. She leaped onto the fence. "So this is...?" She asked, looking at Whitefeather. Scar leaped up afterwards, Dew and Drop following, keeping at their respective sides.

---

Fall looked at Socks and then at Slash. "This is...?" He asked the kittypet.

((Mean Thunderclan, no one helps Icefire?))

((Robintail encouraged Icefire silently... although I guess that doesn't really count... blink.gif))

"Uh... Socks here is from the Twolegplace I live in..." responded Slash. Then, he looked back at Socks. "W-What happened to you?" he asked, looking at her state of fear.

---

Nettle finally woke up. Guh, shouldn't mess around with twoleg stuff next time she thought groggily. Remembering what she had to do, she raced towards Slash's Twolegs' den.

(( I know. I will. When I get on the computer.))

Blizzardstar nodded. " We have to go, Lunapaw." The leader meowed, padding towards the entrance of RiverClan. They were late a couple of times, not much.

~~~~~

Russet almost fell backwards when the strange cat stared in her direction. Had he scented her? Russet sniffed her fur. Yuck! she thought. The loner smelled like a rabbit! And of course her scraggly fur went straight up, my a surprise. The loner hasn't groomed herself since... Well, she never did clean herself. Russet crouched down, hoping the cat hadn't seen her ginger fur.

~~~

Twistedpaw sighed. Did Silentpaw ever talk? Who cares? he thought to himself, then limped up to Silentpaw so they were side by side.

Edited by girlfairy76

"This is my brother, Whitefeather." Voodoo introduced her brother. She prodded his white spotted shoulder with a paw when he didn't reply. "It's not polite to stare, you know." His sister hissed quietly in his ear. Whitefeather started slightly before meowing,"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." He quickly fell silent again.

Voodoo rolled her eyes before locking her green eyed gaze on the two mirrored cats at the end of the fence."My name is Voodoo. Who might you two be?"

"The idiot on my left is Drop..." Dew said.

"And this annoying one on my right is Dew," Drop followed up.

"Together that's Dew Drop. Nice to meet you," they chorused. Then they looked into the garden to see fall and Slash talking with another cat.

"Fall!" they chimed, jumping down. "Fall, long time no see!" Drop said, walking ahead of his sister. Dew shoved him aside, "How are you?"

Fall smiled as the two came over. "Very well, thank you two," he replied.

---

Icefire then realized that Leafstar was waiting for an answer. Deciding to make a guess on the answer, she said, "I do!" and hoped she had got it right.

Her voice rang clearly in the clearing and Leafstar smiled, making her determined and proud.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I confirm your warrior name. Starclan honors you for your courage and kind heart," the news of Icefire saving Sunpaw had obviously spread, "And we welcome you as a full member of our clan!"

---

Mistfall walked through the entrance of camp and put the fish that were in her jaws onto the freshkill pile. She saw Blizzardstar who was looking prepared to leave and walked up to her leader with a cheerful smile. "Was I gone that long? Looks like you're ready to go to the gathering already," she commented.

" Yes I am, Mistfall. We're late by now. Is anyone still on patrol or hunting?" He asked his deputy, staring at the nursery. " Oh yes! We have a new kit, Sky, who will be named Skykit tomorrow." Blizzardstar meowed. " Lunapaw, Dovepaw, Winterpelt, Mistfall, Coldstorm, Silverbreeze." He thought aloud. Those were the cats that were coming.

"That's good to hear," Mistfall commented cheerfully, "I don't think any other cat is on patrol, most should be back by now. Where is Skykit...?" She peered round her leader to look for Skykit who edged even further behind Lunapaw.

Fawnlily smiled gently, touching her tail tip to Oakpaw's nose briefly. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll admit that I didn't get to go to my first Gathering either. The full moon after I was made into a Warrior apprentice, I ended up falling into an old fox den on the way to Fourtrees. Dappleleaf took me back to camp and saw to my strained paw. At that point, neither of us could go to the Gathering and so I had to wait for the next Gathering." Purring softly, the medicine cat stepped away momentarily to recount her stock of herbs.

"Oakpaw, I'm certain you'll get to go to the next Gathering. Just keep your head up and be positive. You're a young cat and so you've got a lot of strength in you. You just need to find it." Fawnlily turned to glance at the apprentice. "How does your paw feel? Any better or worse?"