StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Fluffy saw the cat running away. She swiftly followed, jumping into the younger cat's path. "Who's the coward?" she asked, leaping at Sunpaw.

"Sunpaw! Wait-" Before Mountainmist could complete her sentence, Sunpaw darted away to pursue the kittypet. Mountainmist growled in frustration. She was trying to decide; should she follow Sunpaw, try to corner the kittypet by approaching from a different direction, or stay here? Maybe not the last one. Sunpaw might get careless; what he was facing was a kittypet, after all. Mountainmist decided to approach from a different angle. Weaving around, Mountainmist covered herself with some mud. This might be too much...[/i She darted through the bushes and carefully stalked forward. Her eyes and ears were pricked, searching for any signs of fighting or running.

Sunpaw narrowed his eyes. "You are!" He mewed. "I mean, seriously. Why are you, a kittypet, here?" Sunpaw leaped back to dodge Fluffy. Sunpaw followed his mentor; because of his size and his mentor's teachings, his speed was greater than his strength. Darting away, Sunpaw bared his teeth. "Are you here to steal prey? I won't allow you!" He rushed in with unsheathed claws and slashed towards Fluffy's head.

Using her more superior strength and size, Fluffy simply lunged forwards, as Sunpaw rushed forwards, to crash into him and pin him down. Her head went straight between his front paws as she did so, and she slammed into him full force.

"I have no reason to answer any of your questions."

((I'm still consfuzzuled on the menoring thing lol))

Fallenvoice nodded. "Well, actually i was looking for something to do." she answered sheepishly, looking at the ground. She had realized that there was plenty to do. Organize patrols, go on patrols, go hunting, go training... She shook her head and licked her chest. her long fur was always a bother, getting dirty easily and makin it hor in the summer. She often wished she didn't have such a mane, but it did look beautiful when clean.

Leafstar smiled at her deputy. "Why don't we patrol the borders? I know it's been quite peaceful recently, but you never know when a loner or rouge might intrude upon our territory," she suggested. Then she let out a yawn, realizing how tired she was. She hadn't had a good sleep last night.

Sunhawk squealed loudly. He used his hind paws to repeatedly claw the kittypet's belly. He thrashed as much as he could, trying to free his front paws. "You dirty kittypet! I meant my words; you'll be punished!" Sunhawk twisted around a bit, using all of his strength to gnaw at the kittypet's ankle.

[[Where is everyone?]]

Fluffy smirked. "You shouldn't underestimate others, foolish kit," she hissed. Her thick, long and sleek fur helped cushion the damage from Sunpaw's attacks, but she knew he'd make a serious wound if he kept this up. So, she swiped her claws at his belly and backed away.

"My name is Sunpaw!" Sunpaw hissed, letting out a mew of pain as Fluffy swiped him. "I was born in the bright sunlight of Greenleaf!" He lunged for Fluffy, but as he was about to reach Fluffy's range, he swerved, using his speed to a advantage. He lashed out at Fluffy's side before darting away. "That's why I won't use to a kittypet like you!"

Hazelpaw was extremely happy. Now that Oakpaw was an apprentice, the two of them could train together and sleep in the same den again - it had only been a quarter moon, maybe, since Hazelpaw's apprentice ceremony, but it felt like ages without her friend's warm fur beside her as she slept. She'd wanted to congratulate Oakpaw on earning his apprentice name, but for some reason she felt a little shy about it. And, besides, Oakpaw was already busy with his new mentor, Dusteye, anyhow. Hmm, perhaps Foxthunder would be willing to work with Dusteye and Oakpaw for the day?

Where was Foxthunder, anyway? Hazelpaw glanced around the clearing just in time to see her mentor's tail disappearing out of the camp entrance. "Oh, found him," she murmured. What was he up to, anyway? Uncertainly, Hazelpaw glanced at Oakpaw (who was talking excitedly with Dusteye) and Pigeonstar (who looked a little sad, although Hazelpaw wasn't really sure why) before hurriedly padding after her mentor.

"Foxthunder?" Hazelpaw mewed as she neared the warrior. She leaped forward the last few steps until she was walking side by side with her mentor. "What are you up to? Mind if I join you?" Her whiskers twitched worriedly as her mind came to the possibility that Foxthunder was doing something alone. After all, he hadn't asked her to come with him - although that didn't really mean anything. But still. "Sorry to interrupt," Hazelpaw added, staring at the ground.

Fluffy flinched at the attack, but didn't show any signs of being in pain. "You'll win because you were born in greenleaf? What kind of reason is that?! Don't make me laugh, kit. The only cat that made me feel like I've truely lost before from your little group is that Leaf whatever. She was pretty lame though, refusing to deal any lethal damage to me. What, did she think she had to pitty me because I am a kittypet or something? What a joke," she hissed, lunging again with greater force and speed than before, showing what had helped her escape the fire in which the rest of her family had died in.

What? She fought against Leafstar? Sunpaw thought, eyes narrowed. This is really bad... Sunpaw darted just out of the way, eyes examining Fluffy. "I'm the light of Thunderclan; one of their future warriors!" Sunpaw unsheathed his claws and his ears were flattened, ready to lunge. "Any warrior wouldn't lose to a kittypet!"

"But you aren't a warrior... Yet..." Fluffy hissed.

Scar, who had gotten bored of lying around, had walked into this.

"Well, well, Fluffy. Long time no see... I see you still have the hobby of bullying others..." he said, appearing from behind Sunpaw and looking down upon him.

"Oh, it's you," Fluffy replied stiffly.

"What kind of response is that? When I've decided to join in the fun..." Scar laughed. Then he examined Sunpaw, "So... this is a clan cat?"

"If you mean the little groups in the forest by 'clan' then yes."

"Hey, kit, what's your name? You're pretty brave to challenge Fluffy..."

Sky dragged a small fish across from sunning rocks, where he had been hunting. Then, he sat down and began to eat, watching carefully for any other cats.

"I have to admit, you aren't bad..." Sunpaw mewed. "...for a kittypet." He was about to leap when another cat appeared. A rogue, by the smell of it. Another cat?Sunpaw thought. He narrowed his eyes warily and backed away from the two cats that stood in front of him. "My name is Sunpaw." Sunpaw glared at Fluffy with defiance as he heard some more insults to the clan. "You have no idea what clan life is like, you foxheart! Quit talking about it like some sort of elder!" His eyes were filled with anger as his tail was shot straight up. Sunpaw's claws were unsheathed and his sharp teeth were bared.

"And you have no idea what my life is like, kit... So stop comparing your life to mine..." Scar hissed, his voice suddenly becoming cold and icy. He leaned in closer, "You're always surrounded by cats who have your back, who are your friends, your rivals, who you can trust. Don't compare that sort of nice life... TO MINE!" Scar hissed and lashed out with long claws at Sunpaw's shoulder.

"Ooh~ You got him angry~" Fluffy said, sitting up and watching.

"Quiet, kittypet! You are no better!" Sunpaw screeched to Fluffy and he lurched backwards, but was scratced by the rogue. He then turned back to the rogue. "But still...since you are a rogue, I guess I can imagine your life. It's like a warrior's, but twolegs, rubbish, kittypets, and loneliness, right?" Sunpaw looked up at Scar. "And how do you know that I have a better life than yours? I mean, I could have been an outcast, or hated, or bullied..." Sunpaw slashed out in front of him, trying to slash Scar.

Scar didn't say anything or move as he was slashed across the muzzle. It added to his collection of scars. "Because I know all about your lives from Fall..." Scar said, grinning, "Oh, and, Fluffy's life wasn't all daisies and dandelions either..."

"Exactly kit. Those kittypet stereotypes aren't always true..." Fluffy added. Then she jumped at Sunpaw while his back was turned and tried to pin him down.

"Huh! It's not as easy as a warrior's life, either." Sunpaw let out a mew of protest as he rolled away from Fluffy, hind claws slashing the air in case any cat wants to jump on him. "I mean, some cats have easy lives, and some suffered miserably. Who is Fall, anyways? Another one of those rogues?" Sunpaw eyed Scar and Fluffy. "Clan cats have tough lives, too. Give me a break! We already have enough trouble without you shameless cats barging in our border lines."

"Oh, so all cats with no one to trust is a shameless cat?" Scar questioned, narrowing his eyes, "I see... No wonder Fall hates you cats so much... Not only did you kill his mate and take his daughter from him, but you're also rude to outsiders and and full of yourselves... Plus, you have all this territory and prey around... As well as cats you can trust."

Fluffy sighed, "This cat is more boring than that Leaf cat. At least she didn't try to avoid fighting by saying these meaningless things to me... I wish he'd just shut up and die under my claws."

Fluffy stood up and began to circle Sunpaw.

"Oh, really? Look at yourself." Sunpaw retorted, mind whirling. "You don't insult my clanmates, either. They are different; you'll regret what you said!" Sunpaw eyed Fluffy, then jumped up and scaled up a tree as fast as he could, trying to remember all the training tips that Mountainmist gave him. "I don't even know who is Fall! There's no point in telling some cat about some other stupid cat that he has never met all these things...!"

"Well, I've confirmed my suspicions... Fall never said that the young ones were so... I feel bad insulting you now. It's like hurting a kit," Scar said, looking up at Sunpaw, "What about clan cats was so appealing to Fall, I wonder... He fell in love with one. But it seems like you kill your own clanmates. Nearly as bad as us..."

"Shut up, Scar. There was always something wrong with Fall. Now he wants revenge, but he didn't seem very serious about it. What an idiot..." Fluffy said, climbing the tree after him.

"Hm, now that you gave more information about it, I think I heard a bit of that story from the elder..." Sunpaw mewed. "But my clanmates would never kill another clanmate! Our leader wouldn't allow it! You must have got it wrong!"

"Got it wrong? Fall said he saw your clan take his daughter from her mother's paws with his own eyes" Scar said, tilting his head.

Fluffy stood on the branch Sunpaw was on now and smiled. "Are you cats really that trustworthy and nice?" she asked, approaching Sunpaw.

"Well, all clanmates should be loyal to each other...but to other cats...no, my clanmates would never do such a thing..." Sunpaw mewed in hesitation. He wondered if he should jump down the tree, or just stand there...standing there seemed too dangerous. "You say that the mother was from my clan? But why would my clan kill that mother if the kit was going to stay in the clan? Or does the mother want the kit to become a rogue?"

Starlingleaf was worried.

She was out collecting herbs, and had stocked up a nice pile of marigold. The herb scent had prevented her from being able to check up on her surroundings, but now that she had put down the clump of marigold she had been holding in her mouth, she could scent unfamiliar cats in the territory. "Fox dung," the medicine cat spat, opening her mouth and tasting the air. There were more than one; definitely kittypets, or maybe a couple of rogues scouting around on Clan land.

With a hiss, Starlingleaf stored the herbs in a nearby hollow tree trunk and began to follow the scent. I wish I'd brought a warrior along, she thought with bitter regret. Starlingleaf usually wasn't so absent-minded, but she had been pretty desperate because the herb stock was running low and she didn't want to bother any warriors . . . well, it was too late now. She planned to just go see how many cats were trespassing on ThunderClan land, maybe eavesdrop a little and find out what they were up to. Then she would go back and report to Leafstar.

The scents grew stronger as Starlingleaf quickened her pace. Now she could distinguish a couple of ThunderClan cats as well - if she wasn't mistaken, that was Mountainmist's scent. Starlingleaf frowned as she began to hear voices: two unfamiliar ones as well as young Sunpaw's. She wriggled under a bush and peered out. When Starlingleaf saw what was going on, she stifled a gasp of horror.

Two unfamiliar cats were cornering young Sunpaw, who was up a tree for some reason. Mountainmist, his mentor, was nowhere in sight. The cats were bristling and were obviously arguing; the medicine cat's keen eyes picked up signs of battle. Oh, this wasn't good... this wasn't good at all. Starlingleaf shuddered at what she knew she had to do. StarClan help me... With a deep breath, she sprang out of hiding "What's going on?" she hissed, green eyes flashing. "You're trespassing on ThunderClan territory." She unsheathed her claws, trying to hide her fear and ignore the fact that she'd had very little battle training.

"Get down from the tree," she growled at the cat who was carefully stalking after Sunpaw. "Don't you dare hurt that apprentice, or you'll pay for it."

Edited by Stunningfire