TSparkle123

In the Shadows

The Master looked at Fluttershy, empathy written all over her face. She threw her own paper in the garbage bin then motioned for Fluttershy to follow her. "I can't trust Jack and Derpy free in the TARDIS right now but you can still visit them. If a bit of time goes by and I decide I can trust him, I'll let him wander around the TARDIS just like you. She glanced back at Fluttershy. She was upset, that was obvious. Although the Master did honestly feel bad for her, it was also a good thing. She wouldn't cause as much trouble if she was upset.

Guiding her to a nearby room, she opened the door and walked inside. Jack was hanging from several chains near the back of the room while Derpy was nowhere in sight. Good, good. It seemed like the TARDIS still listened to her mental commands when she ordered it to detain people, even if the TARDIS seemed uncomfortable around her. She'd have to reprogram her a bit. "He's in here," The Master said, motioning inside the room. "Would you like for me to leave you two alone...?"

"Y-yes, please, Master." She frowned, seeing Jack hanging from the chains. But she wouldn't make any move to free him. Her life had changed in an instant... but she couldn't figure out whether or not it was for the better. She made sure her paper was secure before flying towards Jack. "Jack... please wake up." She had adjusted the paper to her hooves so she could talk freely.

((user posted image

How's this, Echo?))

The Doctor beamed and followed Vinyl to the clinic. Maybe all that worrying was for nothing!

((You can just skip to the hospital in your next post, Echo.))

Vinyl had sprinted to the hospital, panting for breath as she got there. "Hurry, Doctor! She's in here~" she couldn't stop from hopping on the spot like a filly before entering the hospital. She mentally groaned as she heard screams of delight, and was swarmed by fans.

She's making a comeback!

Sign my book?

No shoving!

PARTY!

Vinyl's eyes twitches. "Actually, I'm here to-Gah!" Some of her bolder fans leap onto her bringing her to the floor. "Doctor, can you handle-h-hey! Don't you dare touch me there!" She hoped that the stallion would get what she was trying to say and go to get their daughter.

(I had to have a Fan-Freak Out moment. xd.png)

The Doctor nodded as Vinyl was interrupted and made for the clinic through the mass of ponies. This was why he was glad to be anonymous. Fans were annoying. Once inside the hospital, he asked the pony at the main desk where Rose was. After acquiring this information, he made his way to her room. "Rose?"

The Master nodded and turned, leaving the room quickly. She went down the hallway to the control console and began fiddling with it, trying to fix the TARDIS. She was going to fix its Chameleon circuit first. She couldn't stand to have it in the same shape as the Doctor's TARDIS.

Jack was silent as the large wound in his chest gradually healed. He let out a painful gasp as he woke up then looked at the chains keeping him suspended in air. Confusion crossed his face before he looked at Fluttershy. "Fluttershy?" he asked, staring at her as he tried to struggle against the chains. "What's going on?"

"I got my answer, Jack. I'm a Time Pony now. It all makes sense." She hugged him tightly. "Now I won't die and leave you behind. We can be together forever..." She then looked sad. "But... there's one thing. The Master ran a scan on me. Here, read it..." She handed him the paper, looking at the ground as he read it.

Jack stared at her then looked at the paper. Using his wings like hands, he reached around and held the paper. His eyes scanned over it briefly before it reached the end. Alarmed, he looked up at her then dropped the paper and sighed. "So?" he asked, smiling. "Its not like I love you any less," he added. He motioned with his wings, trying to get her to hug him. Because of the chains he couldn't really hug her but she could still embrace him.

She wrapped her hooves around him tightly. She sniffled, fighting her tears. "But... we c-can't have foals together." Fluttershy had been planning on having foals with Jack... but that was out of the question. "Oh, I don't care, Jack. I love you so much!" She rested her head on his shoulder.

Jack wrapped his wings around her since his arms were chained. He though back to everything he knew about the Doctor then stopped short. "Wait!" He said suddenly as he struggled against the chains. "Wait, what about the Loom? If my hunch is right, the Master either has one or can create one for us! Can you go get her for me?"

"Loom?" She shrugged, confused. She flew down towards the door. "Master? Jack has a request. Something about a 'Loom' I think."

Rose's head popped up. "Daddy?!" She opened the door with her magic, tears coming to her eyes as she saw him. "Daddy!"

The Master's eyes narrowed in suspicion as she stood up and ran into the room where Jack was. She stared at him then slammed her hoof on the ground. The chains around his limbs let go, causing him to drop to the floor. He still had one more chain around his neck but at least he could move around the room now. Standing over Jack, she scowled down at him and grimaced. "How do you know about the Loom?" she asked as Jack smiled up at her.

"The Doctor told me about it," Jack replied. "Do you have one?"

"Yes.... Why?"

Fluttershy stood there, looking confused. "Um... what's a Loom?" She was glad that Jack wasn't suspended in the air. He could make himself comfortable now, probably. She stood behind The Master, looking around the room.

"Time ponies are sterile," the Master informed Jack softly. "But we still managed to create more Time Ponies via a device called the Loom. We literally wove children out of genetic material. So even though we were sterile, we could still make more Time Ponies."

Fluttershy let out a surprised, "Oh." She closed her eyes, thinking about the possibilities. But would I want that? An unnatural child to be brought into this World... I would have liked it to be borne from me... she lamented silently.

"Rose!" the Doctor came running in when his daughter greeted him. As soon as he got to her, he hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her. She was okay! His little girl was alright... It was all going to be okay. Suddenly, the fact that Lightning wasn't here occurred to him. He released Rose. "What happened, Rose?" he asked in what was almost a whisper.

"Yes," The Master continued softly. "The time it takes to weave a child is about the same time it takes to actually bear a child." She looked between them then coughed. "BUT," she said loudly, trying to catch both of their attentions. "Although I have a Loom, I will not operate it for the two of you."

She wrapped her hooves around him as well, careful not to rip out the IVs. Slowly, she explained everything that had happened. "...and then Raven brought me here," Rose finally finished. "Chrysalis still has her." She shifted uncomfortably. "I can't help you save her, Daddy. I can't move..."

Fluutershy tried to appear sad. Flashing a quick grateful glance at her, she asked, "Why can't you?"

Edited by EchotheWolf

"I could," the Master replied. "But I won't. The reasons are mine alone." She looked at Jack as he snarled then looked at Fluttershy. "Of course, there are other ways to give you kids. If I recall correctly, Jack's been pregnant before.... Just saying." She raised her eyebrow at Jack then turned and left the room to let them talk.

"Wait... what?" Fluttershy's eye twitched as she looked at Jack. "How in the wide world of Equestria...?" She was glad that The Master bailed her out of the awkward explanation that she didn't want to weave a child into existence.

Jack laughed uncomfortably and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah... long story," he said as he looked at Fluttershy. "I mean... I'm not sure how sterility works in Time Ponies but yeah.... Its a very long story."

Fluttershy wrapped Jack up in her hooves, pressing her lips to his. "I love you, Jack," she says simply, rubbing her hoof on his back. After a moment, she kisses him again, wrapping her hooves around him reassuringly. "I'm going to keep you safe," she whispers.

Jack looked at her then look past her unhappily. "But I want to leave here," he said unhappily, tugging against the chains around his neck. "I don't like this," he added. "We're supposed to be helping the Doctor, not staying trapped in here."

"I know," she choked out. "I know. But we're trapped here now. Th-the Doctor will be f-fine." She felt the tears come to her eyes, opting to bury her face in Jack's mane, her sobs being muffled. "Th-this is all t-too much," she sobbed.

Jack hugged her back then looked at her. "Why don't you leave? The Master doesn't seem to care about you staying here. Go and tell the Doctor to stay far away from here."

The Master sighed as she put away her tools. There, that should fix it. Now the TARDIS should change forms again. Wiping her forehead, she sighed then quickly navigated the TARDIS so it was back in Ponyville. It appeared as a fountain near the center of Ponyville. Smiling, she walked out of the TARDIS and locked the door behind her. Alright, now to find the Doctor.