TSparkle123

In the Shadows

The Master watched Derpy briefly. While the pegasus was distracted, she took the carton of blueberries and promptly hid them from sight. When Derpy turned around and looked through the bags for supplies, she frowned then looked at the Master. "There aren't any blueberries!" she exclaimed unhappily.

"Oh, I'll go get some," The Master replied. "I'll be right back!" She added as she ran out the door quickly. Instead of heading to the store, however, she ran to the Torchwood base and quickly went inside. Thankfully, no one was there. Smiling, she ran down the stairs to where her TARDIS was. The machine hummed softly as she approached then went inside. Moments later, the TARDIS faded away.

Derpy looked up when she heard a whirring sound from outside. That sound. She knew that sound. Hurrying outside, she watched as a Police box appeared outside her house. "Doctor?" She asked as she walked over. The door didn't open and the box just sat there.

(Echo uses Force Control on... everypony needed to advance Rose's plotline.)

Rose's red eyes open, the owner groaning loudly. "Mom, I don't feel... Wh-what the?!" She sat up immediately, noticing that she wasn't in the safety of her own home. She looked around in confusion for a few moment, until realization hit her. "Lightning..." A torrent of sorrow crashed through her as she remembered her little sister's sacrifice. (I know they're twins. I typed that because Rose is the more mature out of the two, so she seems older. tongue.gif) She gathered her bearings, coming to the conclusion that he was in a hospital, hooked to several IVs, and a Horn-Block, probably put there so she doesn't use her magic in such the unstable state that she was in.

Vinyl's head started pulsing. She shook it off quickly, looking around. She looked around for Pinkie. "Didn't Fluttershy and Jack go off to check the Everfree and Sugarcube Corner? If she's not there, I'm not sure where she is..."

(Would one of you be the nurses in the hospital?)

"She might be at the library. I've heard that Twilight Sparkle has been in a coma for a while. It couldn't hurt to check there, I think," the Doctor replied. He decided to take his mind off all this love nonsense and think about their daughters. They were the ones in immediate danger. His relationship with Vinyl was pretty much sound.

((Twi accepts Echo's challenge!))

A nurse perked up as she heard Rose beginning to speak. "Hey, 'morning, sunshine! Your friend got some help and had you brought here. Is there anypony you want us to contact? Mom, Dad, sister, brother...?"

Edited by TSparkle123

Rose seemed shocked. "My... friend?" Then it hit her. "Oh, Raven!" She tried to smile at the nurse, leaning back down so she was comfortable. "Um... I'm not sure if you'd be able to get a hold of them-" And you probably won't believe me anyways."-but I'd be glad if you tried. My Mother's name is Vinyl Scratch." She didn't give out The Doctor's name because she was never told. Heck, not even Vinyl knew it! "If you can't reach her, then maybe you can tell the pony that brought me in to go look for her?" She gave her a grateful smile. "Oh, and could you help me get this thing off my head?" She indicated the horn-block. It was giving her a headache...

Derpy reached out and opened the TARDIS with a hoof. The door opened with a familiar creaking sound. The inside was all different, though. Wires hung down from the ceiling and sparked dangerously. The inside was lot with red lights, as if screaming at her something was wrong. She stepped further inside then jumped as the door was slammed shut by the Master. The two looked at each other before the Master stepped away from the door, wiping the paint off her cutie mark at the same time.

"Doctor?" She asked hopefully as she took a cautious step back.

"No, I'm the Master," she replied as she moved forward, causing Derpy to back up against the TARDIS's controls console. The Master paused a few feet in front of her and smiled like a shark. "You're afraid of me," she noted. "Clever girl." Suddenly, she grabbed Derpy and swung her around into a nearby chair. Before the grey pony had time to react, the Master had her tied to the chair. "Stay there," The Master said as she turned back to the console and began pressing various buttons. The TARDIS groaned then landed in Everfree forest with a huff.

Fluttershy heard an odd noise. It was kinda like a whirring noise, getting louder each time it repeated itself. She looked around hastily, sure that bad things would come from it. "Jaaaack?" she was sure he heard it, too!

Vinyl nodded. "Well, the library it is, then, Doctor!" She started towards the library, eyes open for Pinkie.

Jack stopped short, his eyes widening. "I hear it," he said before suddenly springing forward. He ran briefly before he found himself face-to-face with a blue police box. He quickly threw himself at the box, only to have the door open before he could crash into it. He tumbled inside and quickly climbed to his feet, looking around angrily. There was a grey pony tied to a chair nearby, her head bowed. But no pony else was in sight.

Fluttershy followed, gasping as she saw Derpy in the chair. She realized that she was tied up. Rushing forwards to her aid, she couldn't help but say, "You never seem to stay out of danger, Derpy..." She started to attempt to untie the ropes. "Jack, can you watch my back? Something did this to her, and I don't like the thought of it being around." Seeing somepony in danger brought out the authority in her voice.

Derpy struggled against the ropes and looked past Fluttershy. A loud, piercing noise came from behind them as Jack was suddenly thrown into the air by a beam of light. The blue pony collapsed on the floor, neither breathing nor moving. The Master was standing by the doorway of the TARDIS, holding a strange-looking device in her mouth. She took a moment to drop the device into her hoof as she slammed the door to the TARDIS closed. "Don't untie her," The Master snarled. "Or I'll blast you too. Imagine, one time I was afraid to use force. Well, this baby is entirely lethal. So step away from the grey pony before I zap you too."

Fluttershy let out a shocked scream as Jack landed, motionless. Tears came to her eyes. She glared at the blue mare, but stepped away from Derpy. Her gaze didn't leave the mare's. Already, she was planning on how to save Derpy, Jack, and herself from certain doom. "I surrender. Don't you dare hurt Jack." She folded her wings, now realizing that they had been flared as a sign of aggression. She's going to tie us up, isn't she?

The Master smiled then replaced the device back into her mouth. She locked the door quickly then walked over to where Jack was laying on the ground. She picked him up and glanced at Fluttershy before smiling. Hmph. She couldn't do anything. Dragging Jack into another room, she threw him inside then locked the door. He couldn't do anything if he was locked up.

Fluttershy bit her lip, resisting the urge to tackle the mare. Anger and hatred filled her eyes as she saw her throw him into the room. But she kept calm, still glaring at her. Her eyes scanned the vast area. I won't be able to get out through the doors. They're locked. If I can take her by surprise and steal that... thing that's in her mouth, I could force her to free Jack and Derpy, then unlock the doors. Then again, I do have something else... She thought of her given power, The Stare. Concentrating on the authority in her voice, she spoke up. "I want you to tell me, right now, what you are planning, young lady!"

The Master walked back into the main room and looked at Fluttershy. Immediately, she found herself staring into Fluttershy's angry look. The Time Pony's legs stiffened and locked in place as she took a half-step back. Then, her eyes narrowed and she snarled at Fluttershy like an angry animal. "Young?" she said with a wicked laugh. "I'm far older than you are," she replied then stepped forward and thrust her face in Fluttershy's. "So take a seat, missy." she added with a snarl then reached out and slapped part of the control panel. The entire box shook violently and wheeze angrily as red lights flashed.

It worked! It wo-oh, ponyfeathers! She gulped as the blue mare snarled in her face. She stepped back, lowering herself to the ground. When the TARDIS started moving, she was flung to the side. She rolled for a few seconds, coming to a stop at the wall. She trembled in fear.

The Master ran around the console, hitting various buttons. The machine shook then gradually settled down again. She smiled as she turned back to Fluttershy and stood over her gleefully. "You're welcome to leave," she said, motioning to the door. "Jack and Derpy are the ones I want right now. You're not important."

Fluttershy growled through the black haze in her vision. "I'm not leaving Jack, you... you censorkip.gif !" Fluttershy did two things she never thought she'd do. Swear, and spit in another pony's face. She growled, struggling to her hooves.

The Master's grin remained on her face even when she was spit on. "Hmm." she said with a sigh. "Well then. I guess I'll just leave you here and go deal with Jack. He should be waking up soon." She turned and left the console, deliberately moving slowly towards the room she had left Jack in. She opened the door and walked inside as Jack woke up, panting and groaning. Immediately, she slammed her hooves down on his chest as he thrashed around.

"JACK! Fluttershy screeched, tears flowing freely as she saw the pain he was going through. Something snapped in her. She went over to the control panel, slamming her hooves down on a few random buttons, spinning a wheel-ish thing.

The TARDIS seemed to scream as the red lights turned purple. The gravity system suddenly failed and it spun out of control, causing everything that wasn't tied down to flip around the ship as it spun. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" the Master roared as she was thrown around the room with Jack. Her device slipped from her grip and began flying about as well as she tried to avoid hitting anything dangerous.

Fluttershy barely managed to grab the device in her mouth, almost gagging at the taste. She stood-a few feet away, mind you-in front of The Master. "Le' Jack an' 'erpy go, or I'rr... I'rr kirr 'ou!" she threatened through the device in her mouth.

The Master collapsed on the ground as the gravity managed to recover and the ship stopped moving around. She looked up at Fluttershy then slowly climbed to her feet. She looked at the yellow and pink pony then turned and looked at Jack. She scowled then suddenly stomped down on him again. "Try it. The controls are isomorphic. You'd need to be a computer genius to work that."

(What is The Master's device, anyways?)

"Don't tink I won't!" She stepped forwards menacingly. "Ste' away from Jack! Now!" She prayed that Jack would get up and get away from the dangerous pony in front of her. Then, she gasped. "You're... you're Ragge'y, aren't you?!"

((Laser screwdriver))

The Master snarled, her ears laying flat against her head. She was obviously not happy with the name. "No!" she snorted angrily. "Don't you dare call me that either!" She added with an angry snort.

Fluttershy smirked, seeing that she hit home. She adjusted the laser screwdriver to talk easier. "I don't get it, though. I risked my life to save you, but I was too late. Your regeneration energy exploded, and found its way into me." Her eyes flashed yellow briefly. "I don't know what happebed, but it changed me. I need to knowtwo things. First of all, I need to know how my Cutie Mark changed. Second... why are you going after us?"

[Just to make sure Rose doesn't get left behind too much - I'll get the head nurse involved there - though Nurse Redheart will still be an NPC - unless she ends up with a bigger role, then I'll make her charrie sheet.]

Nurse Redheart was making her rounds, when she overheard voices from the ward unconscious ponies were taken to for observation. Currently she only knew of one patient there - and that was Rose.

She entered the ward with a smile on her face.

"Good to see you awake." Turning to the other nurse, Redheart dismissed her with soft words. "Go and inform the relevant ponies." Then she went over to Rose,

"How are you feeling? And can you tell me what happened? Your friend seemed rather worried and she wasn't coherent with the tale." Redheart asked, though Raven had told the story - this was a test to see if there was any residual amnesia concerning the incident.

The horn-block could be removed - if Rose passed a few standard tests.