TSparkle123

In the Shadows

"Maybe I didn't want to be saved," she replied coldly then looked closely at Fluttershy. Or, more specifically, at her cutie mark. Her eyes widened as she stared at the hour glass on her side then looked at her own rear. She rubbed the paint on her flank off, revealing her own hourglass. "Well," she said bitterly. "Congratulations. You've suddenly become a lot more important. Since you're a Time Pony now, I'll have to keep you trapped. As for what I want, it actually has nothing to do with any of you. I just want to hurt the Doctor as much as possible. That's why I'm the Master."

Rose almost cringed, remembering all of what had happened. "You're gonna think I'm delirious when I tell you exactly what happened, Nurse Redheart," the young filly warned. "But I assure you, I'm telling the absolute truth. Do you understand? If not, then I can wait." She probably didn't look like she was barely a year old; talking like this, hooked up to several machines, and being calm about it wasn't the usual behavior for a year old filly.

Nurse Redheart assured Rose, "I understand," then added, since it seemed Rose was more mature than her age would indicate, "You've probably guessed that the question is a standard test for residual amnesia."

[Here's a thought - have Vinyl and the Doctor thought about checking Ponyville clinic? After all the whole feeding off love thing would probably drain the victim..]

Nurse Redheart then waited for Rose to decide whether she wanted to tell the story or not. She wasn't going to push - after all, recovery had its own pace.

(Alright. I'll get Twi to do that, then.)

Rose smiled. "Yeah. I know. And I'll answer it all." She took a breath, ready to start. "My Mom and Dad were taking my sister-Lightning-, a close friend and I to school. The friend is the filly that got me here. Anyways, Lightning and Raven thought it would be fun to have a race to the school, so they started running. I knew that Lightning could get into a lot of trouble on her own, so I had to go after her. My Mom understood why I went off as well. Anyways, when I got there, Miss Cheerilee-our teacher-offered to play a game with the three of us. I was skeptical, really, but I guess I thought she was just trying to get us to open up to her. So we started playing hide-and-seek. I hid for a long while, until I got bored. It must have been a long time, since I was getting sore. Anyways, when I came out, Miss Cheerilee found me. She suddenly grabbed onto me, and, as if she used magic, we were teleported underground. It wasn't Cheerilee. It was Queen Chrysalis, making a return. We were there for a long while, but we had each other. Raven had an idea, though. It was... something to do with a chemical chain reaction. It kinda blew up some of the ceiling, so we were able to see. Chrysalis caught us, though, and she had a plan. She told us that while two of us could be free, one would have to stay and be bait. She didn't tell us what it was for, though. I was about to say that I was staying, when Lightning beat me to it. The last thing I saw was that Changeling's smug look." Anger filled Rose's eyes briefly, but went away soon after. I must have passed out, because the next thing I knew, I woke up in here. That's what I remember, Nurse Redheart."

[i'm assuming they haven't thought of it straight away due to worry.]

Nurse Redheart smiled, Rose's story matched with Raven's - which meant no amnesia.

"No amnesia. It also matches what Raven was saying when she brought you in. I see no reason for doubting the truth- there would be little to gain from two fillies telling a false tale." Nurse Redheart reached over to detach the Horn-block from Rose, while adding,

"According to Raven - you seemed to go into a sort of shell-shocked state before passing out."

Worry crossed Redheart's features - if Chrysalis was back, then that would mean trouble - especially if the Princesses were unaware of the situation.

"So that answers that. How are you feeling?" Redheart did want to know - simply to ensure there was no side-effects from enforced teleportation - not once but twice. The nurse knew the horn-block could cause headaches - but was often necessary to ensure that subconscious magic surges didn't harm the patient - or those treating them.

She'd insist that Rose rest however, even if it was just for the rest of the day.

Rose put simply, "I feel like a mule." Then, "No offense!" she said to the mule down the hall. "But, yeah. I don't really feel that good. I-I just keep thinking of Lightning, trapped down in there... But other than that, I just have the headache." She sighed in relief as the pressure encasing her horn was released. Now, the only thing keeping her down were the several IVs in her. She had no real problem with needles, but it felt really odd to be hooked up to the machines. She smiled again at the Nurse. "Thank you, Nurse Redheart. In just a few minutes, you've been really kind. I don't know how I can repay you for this." She looked up at the ceiling again. "Is Raven okay? Did she leave after she brought me here?"

"Imagine it, for a moment," The Master said, a twisted smile forming on her face. "Imagine your entire life being snatched away from you. From what? A fake. Imagine there being absolutely no point to anything you do. Imagine the world abandoning you! Imagine being treated with silence and no one knowing who you are. 'Doctor? No, you're not the Doctor! He's that bloke over where!' Well guess what? I'm done with it! The Doctor and the world can both piss off! I'm done with all of you! You don't get my love anymore, you get me hatred and contempt!"

Fluttershy glared. "Answer my other question, Raggedy. What. Is. Going. To. Happen. To. Me?! She searched for a button on the screwdriver, showing that she would attack if she had to.

"None taken." came the traditional reply from down the hall.

[Mule only ever has that one line xd.png I'm guessing a bit here with Raven... so hopefully not too out-of-place.]

Nurse Redheart smiled at Rose, a bit taken aback by the thanks. Wasn't every day that somepony thought to thank her for doing her job.

"Thank you for thinking to thank me." Nurse Redheart said, Try saying that 3 times fast... then replied to Rose.

"Raven seemed preoccupied - possibly by the same thing - that fact that Lightning was left behind. I believe she went to Zecora's after insuring you would be looked after."

Rose grinned as the mule replied. She stifled laughter, since she heard stories about the same mule. I need to get to know him. He seems nice. She returned the smile. "So that means that Raven will tell Zecora about what happened. Zecora will probably tell the Elements of Harmony... and my Mom." She nodded. "I suppose all that I can do is wait here."

"Yep, can I get you anything? A drink or a book to read? Or something else to pass the time?" Redheart asked, "At least your mother will know where you are, while waiting here."

Redheart was expecting some restlessness - some patients didn't like enforced bed-rest. Though something relaxing should at least ease boredom-induced restlessness.

"I'm not Raggedy!" The Master roared in response as she stomped her foot on the ground. "That is not me, just like you are not a pony anymore! You're a Time Pony. Nothing will happen other than the fact you will no longer grow old, you'll be able to regenerate and, all things considering, you're probably sterile now. I'm not sure about what goes on with Time Lords but all Time Ponies are naturally sterile."

"Sterile?" Jack asked as he slowly stood up, his injures healing. "That doesn't... how?"

"None of your concern!" The Master snapped, turning to stare at him.

Rose thought for a moment. "Yes, please. A nice glass of water... and do you have any of the Daring Do books?" She'd be restless, that's for sure. But a book would really pass the time. She would have liked to talk to the white mare, but Rose knew that she had duties to attend to. It would be selfish of her to take all of her time.

"We do have Daring Do books - any preference of Book Number?" Redheart asked, thinking of the time Rainbow Dash tried to steal the first one of the series off the night shift. That was funny, though she wouldn't admit it.

Fluttershy felt sick. I'm... I'm... The laser screwdriver clattered to the ground, Fluttershy's face now hidden by her mane. Tears, though, were visibly falling to the floor. She wobbled for a few monents before joining the screwdriver on the ground. Sterile. The single word kept repeating in her head, the cruelty coursing through her.

Rose blushed. "I haven't actually started reading them yet, so the first few, I guess."

Edited by EchotheWolf

The nurse that had greeted Rose when she woke up finally caught up to Vinyl Scratch and the Doctor after a little while. "Excuse me, Vinyl Scratch? Your daughter, Rose, is in the Ponyville clinic, recovering from a state of unconsciousness."

((Figured this would be the best way to get the Doctor and Vinyl to the clinic.))

The Doctor smiled when the nurse told them where Rose was. That would probably mean that Lightning was there too, as their little fillies were practically inseparable. "We should go there, then," he suggested.

Chrysalis paced the underground halls impatiently. Why hadn't they come yet? Where were they? The Doctor surely wanted to see his daughter again! Perhaps they just hadn't found Rose yet. That had to be it. When they found Rose, they'd be on the hunt hardcore for their other daughter. That was the only way to explain it, the way she saw it. Maybe she'd find a way to transmit some sort of message and get them to come to her. She looked over at the filly she still had captured. Why would this one sacrifice herself for the other two? Chrysalis understood why for her sister, but not the other one with them. That one was not important to her. What had they called her? Raven? Yes, Raven. Raven was not important. Taking her was not a personal insult. Taking one of their daughters was. It was effective, too.

Lightning watched as the almost ghostly Chrysalis paced around nervously. What was making the changeling so anxious? Maybe she was actually afraid for when Lightning's parents came to get her. Lightning wasn't really scared, actually. She found herself looking the changeling queen right in the eyes, and she didn't even care. Maybe she'd be rebellious and scare Chrysalis.

"You shouldn't look me in the eyes, child. You do not know the power I possess," she growled.

"I'm not afraid of the power you claim to possess. You're just a scaredy cat, and I know my mommy and daddy are gonna come and get me. When they do, they're gonna help me kill you. Permanently, this time."

((Oh, and I made a Lightning Scratch. Here's the appearance code:

1J2H000100F2F2F2FFC49D002013C96BAUN1633000200002813F78CC80FFFE0V107F3FCC004CB2

))

Edited by TSparkle123

The Master stared at Fluttershy as she collapsed on the ground. Then, after a moment, she walked closer to Fluttershy and laid down on the ground next to her. "Shhh," she said softly as she reached out and wrapped a hoof around Fluttershy. Jack started to walk closer when the Master glared at her and motioned to Derpy. Jack frowned then began untying Derpy. He helped her off the chair then followed the Master's gaze and led her away from the console area, leaving Fluttershy and the Master alone.

"No need to be upset," The Master whispered. "You may not be sterile. The only confirmed one aboard this TARDIS is me. We don't know that you are actually sterile."

[Makes sense - especially since matron-I mean Nurse Redheart-told the other to go tell the right ponies..]

"Alright, I'll be back shortly with water and the books." Redheart said and left. True to her word, she wasn't long. She came back pushing a cart with Rose's glass of water - complete with straw for easy drinking, - and the first 3 books of Daring Do.

"There we are." She said as the cart was moved to next to the bed.

(I think you should make Redheart's sheet, Tak. Just some advice~)

Vinyl gasped, a look of joy on her face. "Come on, Doctor, we have to hurry!" She seemed to be resisting the urge to bounce like a filly. She started on a brisk trot to the hospital.

Fluttershy, although surprised at The Master's empathy, returned the embrace, crying into her shoulder. Any trace of authority she had was gone. "B-b-but what i-if I am? H-how do we check?"

Rose beamed as Redheart came back with her request. "Thank you, Nurse Redheart!" She took a drink of the water, relief spreading through her as the cool liquid went down her throat. She picked up the first Daring Do book-Daring Do and the Sapphire Stone- and started reading it.

(Can't get it to show up, Twi.)

Edited by EchotheWolf

"I can have the TARDIS run a scan on you," The Master replied as she wiped the tears out of Fluttershy's eyes. She clicked her tongue at the control console and, immediately, the TARDIS began whirring softly. A bright light shone down from the ceiling and ran over the two of them before the TARDIS began running several tests. "Look on the plus side, though," The Master said softly as she stared at her. "You will be able to live with Jack forever. But we'll find out in a few minutes if you are actually sterile."

Fluttershy smiled sadly. "I... I don't know what to say, Ra-Master. I mean... we were just at each others throats... and now this? How has it changed this quickly? I-if you don't mind me asking." There's still hope, she told herself, I may not be sterile after all... But even if I am... Jack and I can be together forever. Admittedly, she had cried to herself when she thought of dying and leaving Jack... but now... "Thank you, Master. Thank you so much..."

The Master stared at her briefly then sighed softly and looked away. "I wasn't trying to hurt you. The only one I want to hurt is the Doctor. Besides, I need to get along with you now. Someone's got to teach you how to be a Time Pony." She started to say more but was interrupted by a beep from the TARDIS as a paper slid out of the console and landed on the floor. "That's for you," she said, nudging Fluttershy.

Fluttershy nodded. "Being a Time Pony... I understand, Master." She smiled at the blue mare, then her heart started racing as she heard the bepp, and paper sliding to the floor. She turned, shakily walking over to it. She closed her eyes, picking up the paper. Slowly, she opened her eyes to read it.

(Your choice, Pudding.)

The Master watched as Fluttershy lifted the paper. A second passed then the TArDIS produced another paper. Standing up, the Master walked over and lifted the second paper off the ground. Oh, the TARDIS had scanned her as well. She looked briefly over the paper before her eyes locked on the comments down at the bottom.

Name: ---

Alias:The Master

Species: Time Pony

Mood: Insane

------

Comments: Watch out ponies, this alien is bat**** crazy! Also, she's sterile. But seriously, run.

The Master looked up at the TARDIS then looked at Fluttershy's paper.

Name: Fluttershy

Alias: ---

Species:Time pony

-----

Comments: STERILE

(Ha! The funn-RIGHT IN THE FEELS!)

Fluttershy read over the paper, surprisingly calm. As she read the bottom comment, she let the paper slide from her grip. She watched it fall to the ground, everything in slow-motion. Then she smiled. "Alright, then. It's official: I'm sterile." Sure, she'd cry herself to sleep for weeks, maybe even months, but she knew she couldn't change it.

After a few moments, she met The Master's gaze. "I'm staying with you. But... C-can Jack stay, as well?" She grabbed her paper once again. I need to show him the truth. "Even if he's kept as a hostage, I want to be able to see him."