TSparkle123

In the Shadows

The Master quickly fled, carrying her basket. However, she only got a couple of feet away before suddenly collapsing. The contents of her basket spilled out, revealing a blue plant. She had gone to the Everfree forest in search of herbs but accidentally mistaken poison joke for another plant. And now it was starting to take effect. She shrank in size quickly until the all powerful, second-to-last of the time ponies was a harmless filly. The Master opened her eyes, looked down at her hooves then glanced back at Rainbow Dash and the others. "Uhh," she said, her voice much higher and more child-like than her adult form. She quickly backed away, frightened as to what might happen since she was no longer able to defend herself.

"We're fine, Rainbow." Shadow said. He glared at the tiny Master. "You should consider yourself lucky I'm not a cannibal. I could eat you right now..." he snarled.

Artemis gazed intuitively at the Master. "Hmm. That substance in your basket caused the transformation. May I have a look?" he asked, reaching into his own saddlebag and extracting a pair of gloves. He also kept in there a magnifying glass, gold, some more science equipment, and also more gold. You never know.

The Master arched her back like a cat and snorted at the Dragon Back. Even though she was little, she was still acting tough. She paused briefly then suddenly straighter her back out and gave him a superior look. "It's not cannibalism if I'm an alien," she retorted, the words sounding strange since she was little. "I should know. I ate most of the royal family of Dragonbacks after my followers killed them." She tossed her head slightly then grabbed the poison joke in her mouth and flung it at the prince.

Rainbow leaped forwards, the poison joke hitting her instead. "Just go away before I stomp you into the ground!" Her head started spinning, the Poison Joke having a different effect than before. "Ooh... Unngh!" She hit the ground, already unconscious.

The Master stuck out her tongue in a very childish manner then laughed when Rainbow Dash hit the ground. She stared at the Dragonback next and grinned wickedly. "Why don't you scram before I focus my attacks on the lady over there. And the little baby growing inside her."

The Doctor took a deep breath and jumped in after Vinyl. Hopefully, this really was the right place. If it wasn't, they'd be in quite a bit of trouble...

Lightning only nodded. This definitely wasn't the first strange thing she'd heard of. She then got to work on the chains.

Shadow Moon gasped as the poison joke flew his way and Rainbow Dash intercepted it. Dragon Heart knelt beside her and tried to comfort her.

"Now, now. That is absolutely no way to behave." Artemis cut in. "What is it you are after, small alien pony thing? Surely there is a better way to resolve any issues going on."

Shadow Moon growled. "I don't care what she wants. If she lays a single hoof, or even the tip of her hoof, or anything, I'll...I'll.....I'll freaking kill her!!" He snorted and pawed at the ground.

Suddenly, a laser bolt struck the ground between the DragonBacks and the Master.

"That is ENOUGH!" somepony yelled.

The Master merely laughed and waved a hoof. "Everything," she snarled at Artemis. She laughed at Shadow Moon but was quickly silenced by a laser. Her ears pinned back and she frowned, taking a quick step backwards. "And there is no better way. I thought I had killed all the Dragonbacks. They were supposed to be extinct. I was just informing these two of the truth behind why they are the last ones left."

Rainbow groaned, whimpering, trying to grab onto Dragon Heart. "H-h-help me..."

Vinyl looked around, using her magic as a light.

Wubsy let out a sigh of relief as the chains came off. "Thank you, young one." She stretched out her hooves, testing her magic. "Alright. Now we're gonna get you out of here."

Dragon Heart gasped quietly as she was pushed aside.

"Heal." A voice said, and DH turned to see who the voice belonged to. There was a mare, rather small in size, with a chestnut coat and orange hair. She had one hazel eye and one deep blue eye, which DH though very odd. She had on a weird looking suit, with what appeared to be mechanical wings strapped to her back. Clipped to a belt she wore was a dangerous looking gun, presumably the one that had shot the laser.

"Wh-who are you?" she asked, eyes widening as she saw blue sparks emitting from the small pony's horn. They wrapped around Rainbow Dash, healing her.

Artemis looked stunned, for once. "H-Holly?" he asked.

Shadow Moon growled again. First this alien mare shows up, now some tiny fairy pony?

"Why?" he asked, turning back towards the Master. "What did we ever do to you, or anypony else? We are a peaceful race, and may it stay as such! Please, just leave us be. I don't wish to harm you."

The Master quickly stepped back when a laser was shot at her. She stared at the strange mare in shock but quickly adjusted her gaze back to the Dragonback. "It was because you were peaceful," the Master replied, quickly trotting closer than him. She was quite small now and unused to her tiny body but still managed without tripping. "And that may be the case but I want to harm you. I want to hurt you. I'll take everything and leave you broken in the dust. Then, I'll go do the same to the Doctor. Perhaps Celestia as well. In fact, why don't I just take over this Rassilon-forsaken rock? It'll be easy against such feeble ponies."

With Holly's help, Rainbow woke up. However, the effects ofthe Poison Joke were still lingering. She had practically no balance. The word kept moving, almost as if Discord was in her brain. "You'll find plenty of resistance, you censorkip.gif !"

The Master only laughed as she jumped in front of Rainbow Dash. "Haha, that's hilarious!" she yelled, thrusting her face in Rainbow's. Even though she was a young filly now, she still seemed dangerous and highly unstable. "I could breathe on you and you'd fall over. It'll be easy taking over Equestria, even like this!"

Rainbow growled. "You'd better watch where you put your hooves, foal!" She tried to look threatening. "How about I fly into the sky and drop you? It'll take... Ten. Seconds. Flat."

"Try it," The Master snarled. "I. Dare. You." She smirked up at Rainbow Dash then laughed and flicked her tail at the blue mare. She turned and started trotting away, towards a fountain nearby.

The Doctor just followed the light Vinyl created, as he hadn't really bothered to play around with the magic aspect of being a unicorn as of yet. It just hadn't been important.

Lightning shrugged. "Sure. It's so incredibly boring, anyway. I need something to do other than just sitting around like I have been."

((Hiiiiiii))

"Alright, then. I'll work on getting these bars loose..." After a while, Wubsy started cracking up. "Yeah, right." She trotted over, spun around, and gave the cell a good kick. "Be prepared. Chrysalis may come back at any moment."

Vinyl heard a loud clanging noise. "This way!" She trotted towards the source, and-

"My buckin' nose!" She fell back, clutching at her snout. "From now on, I'm just gonna start blowing up any walls that get in my way..."

Holly shot her gun.

"Nobody moves." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Dragon Heart back away slowly. She whipped around. "I SAID NOBODY MOVES. Now, someone's going to tell me just what in Frond's name is going on here, or so help me..."

The Master snorted and waved her tail dismissively. Even though she had shrunk, her arrogance had not. "Look," she said, sarcastically as she moved closer to her TARDIS. "Ooohhh, look at me. I'm moving. Oooohhhh."

Holly fired her gun, frying the ground in front of the Master.

"You think I care if you leave? Go. Get out of my face."

"All our faces." Shadow Moon added. "And do us all a favor."

((Holly SHORT POST))

The Master stuck out her tongue then retreated back to the TARDIS. A stomp of her hooves caused a door to appear in the fountain and she quickly walked inside. Instantly, the fountain began to make a whirring sound before it faded out of existence.

Inside the TARDIS, the Master frowned as she stared down at her hooves. Then, suddenly overcome by her childish emotions, she began crying loudly in front of the console.

Shadow Moon watched her disappear, then turned to his mate.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. How are you, Rainbow?" she asked, turning towards the cyan pegasus.

Artemis finally snapped out of it. Mental note: Don't blank out. Ever. Again. He trotted--actually trotted, good lord--over to Holly. Even as a pony, she still looked intimidating.

"Holly. It's good to see you again."

"You too, Fowl. Or should I say--"

"Yes, I know. Foal. That joke has already been made, Holly."

"Alright, alright. Jeez. Hey, where's big ol' Butler?"

Artemis felt his throat choke up. "He...didn't make it. His bulk was too massive to fit into a pony's body."

"Oh...wow. I'm so sorry, Arty."

Arty? "It's alright, I'll get over it. Maybe." Arty??

His blue eye met hers, and her hazel with his.

"You called me Arty again."

"I know."

"You haven't changed."

"Neither have you, Foal. Except in appearance, of course."

"Of course."

Rainbow groaned. "N-not... cool." She put a hoof to her head, but the workd wouldn't stop spinning. "Who are you?" she asked Holly, trying not to fall over.

Fluttershy's head poked up. Carefully, she slid away from Jack, kissing his forehead before trotting towards the source of the noise. "M-Master?!"