Nelrim, so caught up in his past memories, didn't notice Astrid nor did he notice Leafpaw land next to him. He continued with the sad melody that he had been howling out.

A few minutes passed and he ended the sad tune. he looked up at the stars and whispered, "I'm sorry..."

He stood up and started to turn but stopped himself and gazed back out at the sea.

"For you I'll become stronger so that I can protect those whom I care about... For you Leura." he thought but didn't realize he had spoken aloud.

Astrid sat silently even though he had not heard her, but she sat next to him and didn't move. Looking at the moon when she heard him apologize to someone..*Leura?* she thought to herself sadly, *i wonder what happened.*

"Who's Leura?"Leafpaw asked.She looked up at the stars as she asked as if expecting an answer to come from there.It was beautiful out,but the tension that always seemed to hang around made it seem to be hiding something in the shadows.

At hearing the question Nelrim looked to either side of hi and saw both Astrid, and Leafpaw sitting on either side of him.

He looked at Leafpaw who had a kind expression on her face.

Nelrim smiled and looked up at the stars before saying anything.

"She was a dragoness that I knew since she and I were hatchlings... We loved each other... We were held at one of the Temples so we could be kept safe till the war was over. We were safe for a few years... then humans stormed the temple. I watched as my friends were slaughtered in cold blood. Then they started in on her... I tried to defend her but I was hit with something and was sent sprawling across the ground. I laid on the ground, paralyzed, and watched the humans inject her with something a few seconds later they killed her..."

Nelrim went silent as he gazed at the sky then he smiled for some reason.

"When I saw that the place was clear of those humans I crawled over to her body and... I cried... on that day I made a promise to her that I would become stronger so that I could protect those whom I care about. I still seek to become stronger but... There is still much I need to learn. One of the things that gives me hope are the words of a long dead dragon sage... 'When a dragon dies, they do not truly leave this world, their spirit lives on binding itself to nature and offering hope to the future.'... Those words give me strength to go on and the hope that there is a better future for all beings... As for your next question about the song that I was howling... It's an old dragon song called The Song of Sorrow... It's the greatest way that a dragon can express their deeper emotions... but the dragon songs don't have any effect unless the emotion titled in the song itself is felt by the dragon singing..."

Nelrim fell silent once more and shifted to human form only to shift to the form of a Light dragon. His scales were white while his underbelly was yellow. He sat back down and looked up at the star filled sky once more. "She always loved the stars..."

"She sounds beautiful"

Said Astrid. She said no more as she sat next to Nelrim imagining the beautiful dragoness and peering at the stars. She had once met a starry dragon, before the boy saved her from the cold, the dragon protected her once from an animal that tried to make a meal out of her.

"she just sounds beautiful" she repeated, and looked at the reflection of the moon on the water.

Rone ran as fast as she could, trying to free as many of the creatures as she could. Her field was weakening and the bullets were pouring through. Now that do many members had escaped, the scientist were mainly trying to keep information from leaking out. They could armrest study the bodies and try to recreate the reactions. Rone held Nate close to get chest. She was using te last of her strength to give the remaining escapees a fighting chance. She surrounded each with a bubble. Rone bashed a hole in the wall to secure an exit. "run, and live!" the others ran without a second thought. Rone whispered to Nate "live a life worth living, find love and happiness. Live a life that I could only dream of. Please, don't just survive... Thrive." Robe surrounded Nate in a protective ball and sent it off, praying that it would find a place where he could be safe. Tone fell to the floor. She felt the warmth leaving her body, and the scientists encircled her. As robe looked at the scientists tears of triumph, fear, and sorrow came to her eyes. Rone's thoughts began to wander.' is this where it ends?..."

27 had been listening intently on the noise. What was happening, it sounded like the brothers and sisters were running away. That couldn't be though, why would they leave the family. This was life, you can't run away from life! 27 listened ad her heart sank as she heard some if the other hunters... They weren't her favorite brothers or sisters. Many of them were harsh and without concern for the well bring of their fellow siblings. 27's ears went back... Did the family forget about her? Did the brothers and sisters really just leave her behind? She never saw them but... They had to know she existed... Right?

The door o her chambers unlocked. "mommy! Daddy!" 27 was surpassed until she saw the blood. She tried to jump to her parents aid but was pulled back by her chains. 27 fell to the ground. "what happened!" mother clutched her arm. "I tried to secure some of your brothers and sisters from fleeing. They didn't listen and attacked me." father looked at 27 with a cold twinkle in his eye. "I am fine, none of this blood is mine. 27, we need you to capture those that ran away." mother grabbed a key from he pocket. "bring them back as safely as you can. Make sure to talk to no one." father looked at her coldly... He never understood why mOther looked t these creatures like they were people. They were simply tools to be used. Use them as you see fit. 27 was no different, she was simply more useful. Moth then exchanged glances with father. Why couldn't he see that most f these 'creatures' were once volunteers who had lives. They were people just like them, doing what they thought was right. Mother pitied 27, and so she played along in the fantasy.

27 nodded. "I will do my best! I will make you proud." father patted 37 on the head and left. Mother dressed 27 and gave her a bag full of things that she may need. Mother lead 27 to where most of the subjects had escaped from and gave her adopted daughter a hug. "come back safely." father seemed to pop out of the shadows. "remember what we taught you" 27 saw the affection in her father's eyes and nodded. She crouched to the ground and sniffed for the scent of her siblings. The smells of the outside world were so different and distracting. She couldn't focus and simply began to walk straight. 27 didn't want mother and father to think she wasn't capable of this mission! 27 would not disappoint them!

((Needs more excitement.))

Fusion shrugged. "I should check it out, anyways. It won't be too dangerous..." He muttered to himself. Fusion was wrong. It was very dangerous, indeed. Spikes were protruding everywhere like a trap. Thanks to his super sensitive eyesight he was able to make it. Close enough. Now he was faced with a different challenge. There were many tunnels ahead. How annoying. Holding his head up, Fusion tasted the air. There was a scent of bitter seawater...but what else? There was a scent...one that didn't belong there. That was it! Growling, Fusion slipped to another tunnel, going into another. How deep was this cavern, anyways!? Good thing that he was a trained night hunter. Hunting during the night was easier during the day, since not as much smells burst into the air. But, there was one problem. You needed to be really, really good at eyesight. Soon he was detecting the smell of prisoners. "..."

((Dragged here by Choco and GGG... That's the good thing about having one of us three in your RP, we tend to try and pull the other two into it! It looks interesting happy.gif

User name:SL

Name:Nicholas Stara

Normal human/dragon or mutant:Normal human

Hunter?:can't be... I think

Description:A normal, teenaged boy who likes the beach a lot...

Here is a pic

Abilities:None

Personality:You'll see...

Animals: none

History:He's just a normal teenage boy... Right?

Other:Lea's best friend

Name:Lea Sinlot

Normal human/dragon or mutant:Mutant

Hunter?:no

Description:This with giant black wings, retractable claws and fangs

Abilities:Can fly and is poisonous. He can also blend into the shadows.

Personality:Lea is a loner. He doesn't like other people, dragons or mutants. He's normally cool and calm but sometimes gets the urge to kill and murder those around him. He really values his freedom and doesn't talk much. But he is actually a good person, he just dislikes opening up to others.

Animals: Crow, cat and Cobra

History:Lea was one of the volunteers and escaped earlier. Nicholas befriended him... Somehow. He now lives in a cave... Somewhere...

Other: Is Nicholas's friend

Name:Milu Shinescales

Normal human/dragon or mutant:Mutant hatchie

Hunter?:yes

Description: Milu is a white dragon with black crow like wings and a feathery tail. She also somewhat resembles a wolf. Her fangs are overly long and her sense of smell is incredible. She also has wolf ears and claws.

Abilities:Healing others and tracking others down. She can sense heat and has very sharp fangs and claws.

Personality:RP'd

Animals: Magpie, wolf

History:Milu was just a normal hatchie... Before she changed... She learned to love the feel of the hunt after being 'changed' and now hunts her victims down with pleasure. She follows orders like a doll and can kill viciously without mercy. The scientists loved this about her so they made her a hunter.

Other:She uses her young appearance to an advantage...))

((I thinksies I wanna make a new character. It's hard being a horse. aww soiled you beat me to it and made a crow hybrid first! Also... Shinescales sounds veeeeery familiar...

User name: glasses

Name: Brendan Shadowlight.

Normal human/dragon or mutant: mutant

Hunter?: Yes, but not for long...

Description: looks like this. He normally allows his wings to show, unless he's in public. He has one retractable talon-like spike on each foot, coming out from a concealed slit on his shoes. He also has two smaller retractable spikes between his knuckles on both hands.

Abilities: can fly, attack with his talons, and go unnoticed for long periods of time. Prior to the mutation, he was capable of weak telekinesis. The mutation seemed to have had the strange side effect of increasing this power. Finally, he is also good at trickery and deceiving others to do what he wants, but he has sworn off of using that.

Personality: before, he used to be a determined, loyal hunter who obeyed every command, getting frustrated when he failed. However, once he learned of the true intentions of his employers, he became a quiet, cool-headed person who just barely finishes his missions.

Animals: human, crow

History: Brendan had always been an orphan. He had been left out on the doorstep of an orphanage in the middle of the night, like a ray of light shining in the shadowy darkness. He wasn't your average kid, and many of his fellow orphans claim they have seen objects seemingly levitating whenever he was around. As he grew older, he volunteered, hoping that whatever he was signing up for would "cure" his mutation. The scientists consoled him after he was mutated again, suggesting that he should join the hunters with his talents. Recently, though, he found out that the only reason why he was a hunter was because the scientists wanted to observe what would happen to a mutated mutant. Now, he is on the verge of running away and joining the prisoners in their escape.

Other: he prefers to go by his last name, Shadowlight.))

Nelrim looked at leafpaw and said, "Why be sorry? There's no need to be... besides the past is the past and there is always the fu... We gotta get out of here and fast. That hunter from earlier is right behind us."

Nelrim held the Lightening stone and laughed slightly, "Ever heard the term 'Fast as lightening.'?" Nelrim grabbed both Leafpaw and Astrid and channeled the energy of the stone. A flash of lightening shot down and it lit up the cave behind them like the daylight sun. In the white, blue, and red after image there was nothing remaining.

Several miles away on top of a building a bolt of lightening shoots down and vanishes. After the lightening vanishes it reveals Nelrim, Leafpaw, and Astrid safe and unharmed.

Nelrim looks around but senses nothing hostile around them. He stands up and lets out a slight whoop of joy and says, "I Command... THE LIGHTENINGS HAND! HA HAAAAaaaa..." He suddenly falls to the ground reverting to his human form. He is unconscious.

"AH!!" she screamed as she watched the ground and city blur beneath her. They landed on a building somewhere far from the cave that she felt was so safe. She basicallyWAS lightning for a minute and she loved it. She loved storms especially lightning storms and she felt that what Nelrim did was both a gift to her and a gift of safety.

She was about to thank Nelrim repeatedly when he fell to the floor and changed.

"What? NO!" she said and she watched him fall "Leafpaw! Help him!" she was freaking out, unsure how to tell if a human was living or not, she had never really socialized with humans except for the boy, and she had never even seen him sleep.

"What should I do,Astrid!?"Leafpaw asked."I don't really know anything about healing.But I think you should calm down,freaking out won't help Nelrim."

Lea's eyes snapped open. Someone had intruded upon his home. But they had left now, only to reveal to Lea that another had come as well. He slowly got up, being annoyed by the presence of that other and made his way towards it. In the dim light, his form slowly faded away as he approached the mutant that was in the cave.

---

Nicholas was on the top floor of the company his father worked in, taking a relaxing break. Suddenly, he could have sworn he had heard lightning. He frowned and went upstairs. When he got there, he had a nasty shock. Stunned, he stared at the three mutants in front of him.

---

Milu hid in a dark alleyway of the city. Her head shot up. She smelled mutants... Mutants that weren't meant to be here. Using her teeth and claws to her advantage, she leaped onto the wall and began to climb.

"Well he's just lying there! what am i supposed to do? is he dead?" she repeated question after question unable to figure out what had just happened

As she was speaking, she saw someone had noticed they were on the building and was staring at them bewildered to see them

"How am I suppose to know?"Leafpaw said."I'm not really human,I can just change into one."She turned in to the same cat person as before."What do you think we should do?You lived with a human before you were capt-"She stopped talking when she saw the shocked human staring at them.

Nicholas blinked. Aright, he admitted that he was surprised. He frowned. "Um..." he really was lost for words. He had only ever seen one mutant, his friend Lea, when he was running from some other mutants. Then the thought struck him. What if these mutants were hostile? Slowly, he took out a small knife in case he needed to defend himself.

Nicholas now smiled, however and said, "What brings you to this roof here?"

Milu could sense then now. Yes, the feeling of the hunt, she would make them fear her...

"Drop the knife."Leafpaw hissed warningly as she saw the human take the small knife out."We were just trying to get away from a hunter who was chasing us."She said in a nicer tone.

"Well, how do I know if you guys might get the sudden urge to kill me or not?" Nicholas asked, smiling and playing with the knife. "And, I needto protect my self from those hunters if they come, right? I know how mean they can be..."

Milu had nearly reached the top. She pushed off with her hind legs, making sure to tuck her wings in so she wouldn't bang them in the narrow space. When she landed, there was a human in front of her as well as three mutants.

Nicholas turned around sharply as Milu came onto the roof, taking afew steps back.

"How do we know you won't attack us first?"Leafpaw asked.She stepped back as someone came onto the roof."Who are you?"She asked,fearing the answer

A shadow suddenly covers the building and seems to paralyze everyone within.

A robed figure appears and walks towards where Nelrim is laying on the ground.

"Fool... Used too much energy performing a Lightening Teleport... Foolish move... Now your drained, and in a rather deep regenerative sleep, leaving your friends awake to face the troubles that are coming here." the figure said kneeling beside Nelrim's form.

The shadow covering the building vanishes thus allowing everyone to move once more.

"What a pity... The worlds best hope for salvation lies unconscious due to his foolishness. Now i wonder... should I help or should I just leave you three here to be captured or worse. hmmm..." The figure says as he stands back up.

He takes a few steps and stops for a moment. He then tosses a small dragon marked stone towards the feline being.

"Use that Dragon Stone to save yourselves... Nelrim used all of his inner energy to get the three of you here. Such action has costed him to become out cold. He should wake in a matter of three hours... You don't have three hours to wait." With that the figure spread deep black wings and leaped into the air and flew off into the deep of the night.

Edited by Malgorak

Milu smiled, flapping her black wings in joy of being able to use them again. Her blue eyes looked each of them over. She would lol the mutants first, she knew that the human couldn't escape her. Growling, she let lose her dragon fire at Leaf.

Leafpaw caught the stone and dropped onto the ground as the dragon mutant let lose dragon fire at her."How do I use this?"She asked,showing the stone to Astrid.

Milu leaped at the three mutants with outstretched claws, only tobe blocked by Nicholas and his knife. "Just take your time..." he muttered, slashing at the mutant.

A voice echoed from the stone...

*"Think of what will most be helpful in what situation... Though this stone has the ability to transform the holder it's energy has a limit... Use it wisely."* the voice fades into nothingness.

*Edited for the sake of the situation and such...*

Edited by Malgorak