"It's so dark it's bright" Astrid said to Nelrim as they slipped into the cave

"there are sharp rocks in here, how did you know where to go?"

"What do you think it means?"Leafpaw asked as she slipped into the cave.Her blue-green eyes reflected a little bit of the light from outside the cave.

"I think the stones were meant to help us" Said Astrid intrudingly

"they are beautiful. i wish i knew how they came to be so powerful"

Astrid then laid down on the sand floor of the cave. she could see everything and she loved it.

Fusion growled as a seagull landed near him. "Pesky birds," He hissed with contempt. Suddenly he lashed out, sending a spray of poison towards the seagull. The seagull squawked in alarm, then fell to the ground, dead. Fusion growled and looked around once more. The ocean was messing around with his sense of smell. This is going to be a challenge.

"As for the Prophecy... I think I know what it means... I think it's talking about the down fall of the three organizations that claim to have brought an end to the war... As for knowing where to go... Nothing escapes my sharp senses... like the mutated horse that is trying to follow us..." Nelrim said as he slid further into the cave.

"We should be safe here for some time. Let's just get deeper into the cave just to be sure." Nelrim said as he slowly walked deeper into the cave. "It gets extremely dark up ahead so be careful."

The cave did get darker up ahead and the ground became a bit more treacherous to walk on. The sharp rocks were becoming exceedingly over sharp spikes on the ground.

"Gah... ow..." Nelrim suppressed the pain. "Careful the ground get's worse here." he said and reached out his hand to help the other two.

Thank you" said astrid, "but i can try to keep my balance"

She said hoping he would take care of himself rather then give himself pain to help her and Leafpaw.

She loved looking at all the different shapes the rocks made in the darkness.

"wait, mutated horse? is he hunting us?" she asked urgently "does he know where we are?"

"Thank you,but I still have the balence of a cat"Leafpaw said"I think you're probably right,and do you think the snake person is with the horse?"Leafpaw asked as they went deeper into the cave.

"The horse I don't think is hunting us... I think that it is just a "pet" for that fanged hunter. As for knowing where we are... I doubt it. The smell of the ocean washed away out scent so that they could not follow us." Nelrim said as he carefully stepped over a few sharp spikes of rock.

"I'm not fully sure why the Essence Stones were created all I know is that they can grant the holder great power but they must regain their power after being used." Nelrim said quietly so his voice didn't echo off the walls.

A few hours into the cave the sharp spiked rocks were no longer present an hour back the razor rocks had also vanished. Now what was beneath their feet was extremely soft sand.

*Something's odd about this cave. Nelrim thought as his feet sunk into the exceedingly soft sand.

He knelt down and scooped up a handful of the sand and would have sworn that it was a fine powder. "This should do for a nice place to rest. Night will be upon us but my instinct is telling me that that is when our pursuers will move quicker. There might be some chambers in this cavern somewhere where we can relax without any fear..." Nelrim went silent once more and looked at the Essence stones in the leather pouch as well as the Dragon Stone he carried.

After looking at them he looked in all directions for a moment trying to decide which way to go.

To Astrid his stones seemed to glow. And really glow, as though it hurt her eyes like looking at the sun. but walking now, the sand was sweet like sugar on her feet,powdery, as though it was made of flour.

"i hope we can find a good place to sleep, i would stop and lie down right here if i could, but i fear we would be found to easily that way"

Astrid slowly moved forward to a small chamber almost to small for Leafpaw to fit into, but she barely fit which was odd to her as she normally would be able to fit...

"Nelrim, can you fit in there?" she points to the small chamber

Nelrim looked at the small opening for a moment and shook his head, "No..." He said and looked around once more...

"There." He said quietly pointing up to a large enough yet small enough cavern about ten feet up off of the ground. "We should be able to fit in there and from what I can see there are three chambers there... maybe more."

Nelrim went over to just below where the small cavern was at and he started to climb the walls carefully so as to not leave behind any trace of him being there. He made it to the small cavern and managed to get in. It was quite large for the opening to be as small or big as it was. There was room enough for three full grown dragons to stand, lay down, and spread their wings to full length with still room to spare.

"Wow..." Nelrim said quietly looking around while his eyes seemed to gawk at the place.

Astrid's eyes opened wide. "it's HUGE" she said dumbfounded

"its way bigger than anything i have ever lived in. I was caged before my human abandon me..then imprisoned..."

The sand below her feet was so silky, she almost seemed to be slipping into it.

"what is this place?"

"I... have no idea..." Nelrim said looking at the place. "Only place I've seen caves this big was at the Dragon Isle's."

As Nelrim looked around the cave he saw more than just three separate chambers... there were several chambers and choosing just one would be quite difficult for Nelrim considering his Dragon mind.

Fusion decided that being in a higher altitude would help. Swiftly climbing up the tree, he looked around. There was no time to waste. Running his gaze over the vast blue sea, Fusion realised that there was nothing. Certainly a dragon would be easy to spot? They couldn't have flew over the ocean, he would at least see them. They couldn't be in the forest, because that's where they just ran from. Plus, they would at least be making some commotion. So WHERE were they? Fusion's eyes drew to the cavern. It might be big enough to hold the prisoners. Or...maybe not.

Sugarhoof nodded and dashed off. She galloped all around the building, neighing loudly. If her neighs didn't get anyone's attention, her loud footsteps would. She hoped that 27 would come. Sugarhoof didn't exactly know where 27 is. She hoped that 27 wasn't too far away.

We each take a different chamber "

Said Astrid.

"if they find one of us, the other would likely not be found as easily"

She curiously looked between chambers deciding which one to explore. Walking this time as the sand was so smooth beneath her paws.

She could see something in one of the furthest chambers glowing slightly.

"Hopefully they never find us though."Leafpaw said.As she looked at the entrances to each chamber she noticed something in one of the chambers glowing softly."What do you think that is?"She asked, curiously moving slightly closer to the chamber.

"i don't want to know, but i do" said Astrid curiously. "i want to see it closer" and she waited for Nelrim to scold her curiosity or tell her she can see what it is.

"it's making the chamber glow whatever it is" she said to Leafpaw, "what do you think it is Leafpaw?"

"I don't know,it could be a mushroom."Leafpaw replyed inching closer as if it were calling to them."Or it could be something like an ancient relic."

Nelrim looked into the chamber and saw the soft glow. "I don't know. It's a stone of some sort. That's all I can tell of it."

Nelrim walks into the chamber to see what the stone really is but is stopped as he sees a few carvings in the walls along with some runic glyphs.

The carvings upon closer inspection look to be that of dragon guardians. The Runic glyphs were written in the dragon language.

Nelrim looked at the glyphs for a moment but could not understand what they said. He looked around the place for something and shockingly found a scroll, blank, along with ink and quill. He swiftly wrote down the glyphs onto the scroll and put the scroll into the leather pouch at his side.

He then started heading for the glowing stone but was stopped by a barrier.

"TO PASS THROUGH THE GATE OF CHAOS YOU MUST FIRST HOLD PEACE IN YOUR HEART!" A voice echoed into Nelrim's mind.

Nelrim was shocked at this but knew that peace did not hold in his heart... at least not at this time. Letting out a breath of air Nelrim turned from the barrier and headed back to his friends.

"It's an Essence stone... I think... but in order to get past the Gate of Chaos I must hold Peace within my heart... but what I could tell beyond that chamber was once a Dragon Temple of some sort. We may find more ruins in this cave so be wary." Nelrim said

He looked over his shoulder at the stone that glowed then went black.

A few minutes passed looking at other chambers. Nelrim had found one that would do for him. It was quite large able to hold two full grown dragons. Nelrim laid down on the ground and let out a sorrowful sigh.

Leafpaw looked around and chose a chamber close to the entrance and the chamber that had the stone.She wanted to be able to sound the alarm if anyone was coming and stay near the chamber with the stone.She stretched out on her stomach and concentraited on any sounds or movements coming from outside her chamber.

Astrid had found yet another chamber and alerted the other two of her findings, just so they knew where she had went and were not worried.

"the stone glows.." she said out loud but to herself

"i'm in this back chamber" she said loudly, "just letting you know!" and it echoed beautifully

"Ok."Leafpaw called to Astrid.She decided to sneak out back onto the beach and explore some more.As she came out of the cave she saw some dolphins playing out in the ocean.'It must be fun,having no cares or troubles.But for me,it would probably get boring eventually.'She thought.She looked down into a tide pool and saw herself flickering from her current form to a dolphin.Suprised she jumped back,but when she looked again she was still a cat person.'Strange'She thought as she sat down in the sand and watched the dolphins some more.

Edited by Squertle

Nelrim, having looked around his area, got up from where he was laying. He walked into the center of thee main chamber and looked up to the sky where he saw a little bit of light filtering in from the full moon.

Shifting into a a fire dragon form, Nelrim flew to the opening and landed on the ledge and walked out onto the outside ledge where he could think.

He shifted to human form and looked up to the sky and saw the stars shimmering in the heavens while the moon cast it's baleful glow upon the land. The sound of the ocean crashing on the rocks and shifting on the beach off to his right calmed his mind.

He sat there for a moment remembering bits of his past and what he could have done to change it all. If only I had the Essence stone of Time. he thought gazing out at the ocean.

The sadness soon started to get to him so he brought out the Earth stone and, no briliant display was seen, transformed into a stone wolf and set about into a howl that sounded like natural sounds of nocturnal life on the island.

The one thing about the Earth stone that always confused Nelrim was the fact that whatever he chose to become he would always be able to create a mixture of sound that would blend in so well with the natural environment. To many it was for concealment as it was for Nelrim.

As he howled out his tune it sounded as if the world were crying his pain.

Astrid sat quietly in her own chamber. She listened to Nelrim as he got up and walked out of his chamber. She heard the woosh of wings and then quiet for quite a few minutes. then she heard him howl, it was one of the saddest things she had heard, the pain in the tone showing through greatly.

She crawled out of the small hole that was the opening of her chamber and found where Nelrim had been sitting.

She flew up and sat down right next to him.

"having a bad night?" she said quiet and soft and looked at him caringly

"we have gotten this far, we will escape soon we just have to figure out how, you know anything that has happened will be over soon..." she was cut off by the breeze coming in from off of the ocean, and the beautiful smell of brine along with it.

As the dolphins went away Leafpaw thought about back home'I wonder what is happening back at the lake.'She was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard a howl that sounded like the world was crying someone's pain,when she turned she saw a wolf and Astrid standing on a ledge.She turned into a seagull and flew up onto a ledge near their's."Are you ok?"She asked.