MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know. I really was stunned. I also check with other mods too, but no replies yet...

UNpleasantly Confused,

~leaf

I personally think it was a prank (and rather enjoyed it) but as I said in a PM, only TJ knows for sure.

I like that he doesn't tell us everything, that way I can enjoy the surprises etc just like everyone else.

But... punchline...

Not a very amusing prank, if there is no conclusion. Can't just leave someone hanging, it gets annoying instead of funny. Although it does make the punchline funnier when it comes, if you wait long enough.

It'd be cool to have a Dinocave and I'm pretty sure that I'd play it, but if its a prank, I just want to know... like Carrotcave xd.png I was hoping to have a badge on my scroll or something in my inbox this morning, but there wasn't anything... If it was a pranks, i hope that TJ gives us a badge or something....

But even the Mods didn't know? thats just really weird... Maybe this year he wanted to keep it to himself? But not saying it just makes it even more strange. Plus, i thought if it was a prank, he'd take the site down...

I felt the joke was 'meh' to begin with-- not enough lols and too many "we're srs guyz". So I'm not too bothered that there wasn't a real conclusion, I've moved on.

I would've liked to get a joke email for registering though. And fewer posts detailing bugs and more "BRB gettin sued by Nintendo" and Jurassic Park jokes >=o

I thought it was a prank but had no idea there was an invite link on the first post so I didn't send in my email. If there is a badge... there goes my current perfect badge record. ;_; Will be rather disappointed if this is the case but alas, as we've all learned over the years, one cannot have everything in DC.

I also PMed TJ asking if future dino requests in Dragon Requests had come to a halt and he did not reply.

If this was the case (no more dino requests) then he would have surely said.

I'm not convinced it wasn't a prank (though it would be totally cool if it wasn't), but a good prank gets talked about and while it is unfinished (either way), it IS still being talked about .. No matter which side you're on!

And im still having fun reading everyone's comments!

Those of you who managed to get your e-mail sent in on the Dino Cave invite thing miiiiight wanna check your e-mail. I just rechecked mine, and I got one from Dino Cave. *nodnod*

Those of you who managed to get your e-mail sent in on the Dino Cave invite thing miiiiight wanna check your e-mail. I just rechecked mine, and I got one from Dino Cave. *nodnod*

OMG!!1!1!!ONE

NO WAI!

i can, liek, tutalli trade u 1 mill gold eggz 4 a code 2 git in!11!!

ahem, no.

Edited by Matmetchi

OMG!!1!1!!ONE

i can, liek, tutalli trade u 1 mill gold eggz 4 a code 2 git in!11!!

Um...okay then. Chat-speak overload.

I didn't get any codes. I just got an e-mail. I'm sorry.

Do you want a screencap? I'd blur out my other e-mails, since...y'know, PRIVATE, but I'm not opposed to showing the one I got.

Do you want a screencap? I'd blur out my other e-mails, since...y'know, PRIVATE, but I'm not opposed to showing the one I got.

Yes please!

I was lazily keeping track of this thread, and then suddenly the conversation got more interesting. xd.png

Edited by Stealthypugs

Lol umm got the email too..Very vague, doesn't really say if it's real or not rolleyes.gif

I got an email too! It thanked the reader for expressing interest in DinoCave "(which may or may not be a prank)" and said any egg could hatch into any of five dino breeds in the egg's color, and breeding dinos would mix the colors. Then it invited one to think of the lineage possibilities.

/brb brain broken

There were no invite codes or other ways to actually get into the site, though.

Just checked my email and I got one from dino cave too, couldn't fit the whole picture in the pic though, sorry

user posted image

Edited by PrincessAnaki

Here's the pic from the mail:

user posted image

Edit: blink.gif Umm a bit big, should I link it instead?

Edited by Elery.

Yes please!

I was lazily keeping track of this thread, and then suddenly the conversation got more interesting. xd.png

Well, looks like someone beat me to it. My crazily slow computer. *sigh*

Hah! That's great!

Does that count as a punchline? xd.png

Edited by Stealthypugs

TROLOLOL. I love everything about this prank. Saving my email forever, thank you TJ. This and CatBlock totally made my April Fools.

Checked, no email.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Edit*

ninja.gif'd

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl