MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aw! It was just a joke? No wonder I couldn't get to it after April Fool's Day! They sure got me but it's kina disappointing. I was really excited too. Maybe if enough people talk about it, they could consider really opening it? That'd be great! biggrin.gif

Aw! It was just a joke? No wonder I couldn't get to it after April Fool's Day! They  sure got me but it's kina disappointing. I was really excited too. Maybe if enough people talk about it, they could consider really opening it? That'd be great! biggrin.gif

The site is still accessible. wink.gif

And TJ even made the following announcement on the main page of Dino Cave:

Hello all,

Dino Cave started off as a prank. Okay. Now go back and read that sentence again. Started off as. It was an amusing idea for a prank I had at 9 pm the night before April Fool's. There is no beta; in fact, there's not even any real code. The registration page is hard-coded to always give an "invalid beta code" error, and the login page will always claim the username doesn't exist.

However, you've probably all seen the proposed game mechanics. And from what I've seen, you like them. In fact, most people seem to enjoy the entire idea of a real "Dino Cave" site. So while I don't have any new site to release to everyone, I'm open to the idea of fun little "spin-offs" of Dragon Cave. Keep in mind that any spin-offs would probably receive a lot less attention than Dragon Cave gets. That's just a fact of life when there's only so much T.J. to go around.

So perhaps in a few months I'll be posting a legitimate big announcement. Stay tuned.

-T.J. Lipscomb

Owner, Dragon Cave

Edited by Nyastara

I've received an email about dino cave (no code for reg, much for my dismay) that contained some more infos about it.

I thought about it a bit and I must say that there is no need to make tons of sprites in different colours! Only the base dino sprites and then get someone with C++ knowledge to code the colouring codes like in the PC games (example RTS games where in multi a unit must coloured in tons of different colours to mark faction alignment).

So, dino cave is possible with all it's features. So, I hope, it will be true!

So, is it just going to be a site with a ton of dino recolors? >.>

So, is it just going to be a site with a ton of dino recolors? >.>

Jup, that's what it probably will be.

I lost my Dino Cave badge for my Sig when I was putting the trophy one up. Can someone post it here of PM it to me? It was my first Badge. sad.gif

It's the one that change's color's.

Thank's for the help. biggrin.gif

I still haven't received my email D:. I entered all my email addresses too.

Yes I checked spam/junk etc.

Oh well. It was just an image anyways.

Sorry if I'm necro-ing a thread, but guess what - I tried to "register" for it and get a "closed beta" code, and this is what I got:

http://dinocave.net/invite

:"D

Oh, TJ, we love you...xd.png

I clicked the link to register and almost fell off my computer chair from laughing.

I stopped checking after April fools and didn't see those pictures. Thanks for linking, guys! xd.png That gave me a good chuckle, even though it's been over a week since April 1st.

Sorry if I'm necro-ing a thread, but guess what - I tried to "register" for it and get a "closed beta" code, and this is what I got:

xd.png, thats funny!

I myself think the idea of Dinocave would be rpetty awesome. Can't wait to see when (And if) it becomes available!

I totally missed this! Any screen shots?

*lol* I just checked the main page from time to time to see, if TJ posted another announcement. But this is awesome! xd.png

What is this I don't even-

Omg it's so random. XD

What is this I don't even-

Omg it's so random. xd.png

It's actually artwork from an old animated series...not so random, but it just had things that appealed to kids back then.

Apparently the show is called Dino Riders.

So... This has confused me all over again. The quote from a few pages back says 'Might be real, eventually', but that... That just has 'FAKE' written all over it...

Oh, stuff this for game of soliders. I've been had by chain yanked one to many times. I don't care any more.

Here that, TJ? I. DON'T. CAAAAAAAREEEEEEE! You can take you Dinocave and... do something with it! *runs off flailing madly, falls of a cliff*

I'd rather if the dinos I have on scroll could breed instead of a new site xd.png

I for one would rather have a new site. I love Dinos but I find them far too cartoony for DragCave and find them awkward among the realistic styles of the dragons. Plus, I love the idea of breeding them.

no way TJ got my hopes up >.< at least he can tell us a yes or no instead of leaving us in suspense