MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I the only one that feels like we were kind of left hanging for April Fool's day? This isn't a complaint. It just feels weird that TJ didn't come on and say something like 'Ha ha ha ha! You guys really fell for that one!' or....something. I know it' stupid, but I feel like TJ left the whole thing up in the air, and I'm sure people are probably checking emails, still hoping for a DinoCave. xd.png I'm sure it was a prank, but...why didn't TJ say something, anything? I'll admit, I find it a little confusing... lol Am I the only one that feels like this, or am I just weird? rolleyes.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

The last post of the now-locked thread is something about beta testing, BUT...

I dunno. I just dunno, and frankly it's dragging so long I'm starting not to care; it's like he's playing Hide and Seek, but kept hiding long after everyone else got bored and wandered off... Soon, TJ's gonna burst out the wardrobe, yell "SURPRISE! I fooled you, didn't I?" and we're all going to be like "Yeah, yeah... Okay, TJ. Doin' stuff over here..."

I hate to sound mean-spirited, but... Yeah. It was funny for a bit, then the appeal kind of wore off.

I'm hoping that by 'registering' our email address, we get a trophy added to our dragcave account, nothing more.

I joined the fun in both ways: I sent my email address (hoping to get a "gotcha" or hopefully a badge rolleyes.gif ) and I also fooled some people saying I got a mail (never said from whom tongue.gif )!

Well, yeah, I had a good time!

Now the April's fool game is over ^^. No big deal for me. smile.gif

Yeah, also hoping the email gets at least a 'gotcha' reply.

Secretly hoping dino cave is real, but not going to hold my breath over it either. laugh.gif

I'm hoping that by 'registering' our email address, we get a trophy added to our dragcave account, nothing more.

Quoted for truth. I know I'm in a minority here but I've never been a fan of dinos. They're ok but I don't want them on my scroll if you see what I mean. So if DinoCave really exists, I'll stick To DragonCave. I sent the email because I thought I would get a badge. That's about it really.

So I'm not particularly excited or disappointed. Would still like a badge though.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. smile.gif

Yeah, I guess I figured that the reason TJ asked for our emails was so that if the DinoCave was a prank, we'd all get some hilarious mass messege saying 'You're a fool that got fooled' or something! lol The fact that it didn't happen causes me to keep thinking about this, and wondering what's going on. It's like the joke with no closure. rolleyes.gif

And yeah, I thought for sure an April Fool badge would be on my scroll this morning! I was actually a little surprised that there wasn't one.. it just kind of adds to the mystery.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Same here smile.gif

And I'm a bit woried because I used my new e-mail adress instead of the old one on my scroll and now I hope Ican change the adress on my scroll to get a badge if there is one.

I love me my badges xd.png

Yeah, I guess I figured that the reason TJ asked for our emails was so that if the DinoCave was a prank, we'd all get some hilarious mass messege saying 'You're a fool that got fooled' or something! lol The fact that it didn't happen causes me to keep thinking about this, and wondering what's going on. It's like the joke with no closure. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps it's one giant brick joke. Perhaps next year we'll get an e-mail about it. xd.png

I voted no

I never was one for April Fools jokes

although I do hope the prank was, there was no prank.

I entered my email in hopes to get a code or an email says haha

but nothing happened, so oh well

I just wish I could access my scroll right now :'(

yet ironically I can access the dino site fine, just can't use it as I have no code tongue.gif

I'm another one that doesn't like the dinos, so I really don't care if this 'Dinocave' is real or not.

Now, if the dinos would be more 'realistic' looking rather than the silly Yoshi-wannabes, I may be interested, but as it stands right now? No.

I can't even GET on the Cave to check for badges... And my eggs aren't showing on other sites. This has happened for other people ,too. Are the glitches just glitches or signs of an update/change?

I have to say that I thought that the idea was good. We sure have been kept thinking about from the very start and maybe that was the point, to be kept actively thinking about it. I enjoyed it and yes, it would be nice to have some 'closure' as it's been called, but I, for one, kinda enjoyed reading the cries and wails, etc during the whole day, including waiting at midnight for an update (which didn't happen, but kept us on our toes waiting, lol)

All in all, I enjoyed the activity...

Thanks, TJ... biggrin.gif

Am I the only one that feels like we were kind of left hanging for April Fool's day? This isn't a complaint. It just feels weird that TJ didn't come on and say something like 'Ha ha ha ha! You guys really fell for that one!' or....something. I know it' stupid, but I feel like TJ left the whole thing up in the air, and I'm sure people are probably checking emails, still hoping for a DinoCave. xd.png I'm sure it was a prank, but...why didn't TJ say something, anything? I'll admit, I find it a little confusing... lol Am I the only one that feels like this, or am I just weird? rolleyes.gif

I feel the same there wasent anything not even a badge, I still wish he would just say something

I can't even GET on the Cave to check for badges... And my eggs aren't showing on other sites. This has happened for other people ,too. Are the glitches just glitches or signs of an update/change?

I think it's some kind of technical hoo-hah, TJ sid that something called 'he.net' borked and is causing some 'routing problems'. So basically, it works for some people and not others.

On the invite form:

Due to higher-than-anticipated interest and unanticipated difficulties sending e-mails, the invite list is currently full. Please check back later. If you have already signed up for the list, hang tight; e-mails will be sent as soon as everything is fixed.

Lol.

I think we should have got a badge for showing dedication...

The last post of the now-locked thread is something about beta testing, BUT...

I dunno. I just dunno, and frankly it's dragging so long I'm starting not to care; it's like he's playing Hide and Seek, but kept hiding long after everyone else got bored and wandered off... Soon, TJ's gonna burst out the wardrobe, yell "SURPRISE! I fooled you, didn't I?" and we're all going to be like "Yeah, yeah... Okay, TJ. Doin' stuff over here..."

I hate to sound mean-spirited, but... Yeah. It was funny for a bit, then the appeal kind of wore off.

I agree. People started counting down to midnight last night, and I was just thinking, "Nothing is going to happen guys." I do hope that he says something soon, but whatever otherwise, I will move on.

He and the mods (because I am SURE they must be in on it) must be having a good laugh, but it really isn't entertaining anymore.

I'd have liked a badge sad.gif

Me too, I was hoping that by giving the email, I'd get a little Dino badge or... I don't know - anything? I didn't see anything of this sort before the Cave started glitching for me, but I'm still hopefull we'll get something to remember this year's April Fools. :3

And if Dino Cave would turn out to be real, I'd be happy for all those Dino fans out there, but I probably wouldn't play it myself (unless there'd be some crazy magical way to transfer the new Dino sprites to my DC scroll :3) - playing one game of this type is quite enough for me. xd.png

But we all need to calm down, there's really no point getting upset over such small things. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

Personally, I'm still reserving judgement. I registered my e-mail, and I'll be happy with any kind of acknowledgement we get, whether just a 'haha, fooled you' reply or a badge or an actual code for the Dino Cave, if it should prove to be real.

I never really have liked April Fool's pranks, but you never know, sometimes pranks turn into reality, especially with things like this. There's so much enthusiasm for it, it just MIGHT be a real thing one day. :3

I find the entire thing really quite amusing, prank or no.... I guess I just love chaos tongue.gif

Since this year's badge (if there is one) depends on our participating by sending in an email, and wasn't automated by being added to our scroll when we looked at our scrolls, there is a chance that it will take 1-3 days for doing everything that needs to be done to add the badge to our scrolls. I advise patience.

I was going to say the same thing, Jill. Pranks are all fun and good, but it needs payoff.