MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got the email. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Guys! Speculation is making this discussion so much fun!

Look at this: http://dinocave.net/invite

That says:

Due to higher-than-anticipated interest and unanticipated difficulties sending e-mails, the invite list is currently full. Please check back later. If you have already signed up for the list, hang tight; e-mails will be sent as soon as everything is fixed.

Dino cave or not... I'm enjoying it even if it's a prank ^^.

Edited: I love "maybe"...

Edited by Yliah

I got an email as well. No code, but atleast a email....waits patiently....

Well, you know the error page that comes up when you type dragcave.net/whateveryouwanttoputhere? i.e. http://dragcave.net/gfhoaf

Well, it's the exact same thing, except that instead of an error page with text it's a funny picture.

yeah yeah i no that but what does it mean is my question?

I still have no e-mail and am getting paranoid if I typed my e-mail address in correctly. Hmm... dry.gif

Check your junk email. I use MSN and it was there.

If you have not received an email yet, check your junk email. wink.gif

I don't know about that.  I play PonyIsland, which is a breeding game, breeding ponies.  You can make two parents of any color you want, breed them and combine colors to get gazillions of different colors in the foals.  Now Z, the site owner and programmer of the site, is good at programming, but there's no doubt in my mind that TJ is just as good.  If Z on PI can do it, no doubt in my mind that TJ could, too, just as easily.

Yeah, I think that some people may be thinking that this is an individual recoloring of the dinos and that's not what I'm getting. It seems to me like the colors will all be changed +1 or -1 on whatever color/hue scale to get a new shade. At that point, it's just a mathematical equation that would determine the color of the offspring. So I really don't think it's difficult because each dino can be easily converted to any color.

And if you look at it from a collection standpoint, that creates a lot of gameplay. I believe that the eggs had 359 variations and then silver for 360. So you need 360 dinos to complete a collection of each dino. So 5 dinos in the cave means you need 1800 dinos. And that's not even talking about lineage building, or purebreed creations. And even that doesn't take into consideration that new dinos have been worked on.

Frankly, if this is just a joke, TJ should really reconsider. xd.png

Hey, I didn't put my e-mail in yesterday but I'm really curious to as what these emails contained. Would that info be PM-Able?

Wow I just got my email ! I'm startin to think it's real guys! But if tj turns around and says apirl fools I be like oh my gosh xd.png I'm not sure what to believe right now everything seems ri be looking real! I hope it is I love love love dinos! I think I be so affront to that place I try to get ever color of ever breed lol xd.png Dino dream come true! Lol

I got the email....no code was included.... sure glad I no longer have to worry about a monthly bandwidth.

Hey, I didn't put my e-mail in yesterday but I'm really curious to as what these emails contained. Would that info be PM-Able?

Check the third-fourth pages. They have images.

I got my email and it looks like this prank, if it is still one, will continue...

Frankly, if this is just a joke, TJ should really reconsider.

No doubt! xd.png The site would take off like a rocket if most of the user's responses here are any indicator! smile.gif I personally see so many possibilities for the site it's unreal, and I really want to believe that it will become a reality! <3

No doubt! xd.png The site would take off like a rocket if most of the user's responses here are any indicator! smile.gif I personally see so many possibilities for the site it's unreal, and I really want to believe that it will become a reality! <3

theyd make $$$$$$ probably!!

Got an email.

I'm mostly inclined to believe this is a prank because there are eggs in the AP with less than six days left. The site has only been out for a day.

Maybe I just don't see the possibility of fun in collecting a yoshi-saur that's a slightly different color. Doesn't sound like a good investment, imo, so I can't imagine it being real =P

Check the third-fourth pages. They have images.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I know what to think yet. I know I want DinoCave to be real, buuuuuuuut I don't know :/

I believe that this is real.

But he is purposely making it look like a possible prank to fool us.

If it was fake, why would he send us that email? And if it was a prank, why not make the email just say "Gotcha- April Fools!" or something?

Edited by Windnose

i would play it!!!!!!! maybe even buy a shirt or two if i convinced my parents :3 ive tried for real dragon cave X3 isnt that their point? to make $. well i love the site biggrin.gif so why not make another X3

I don't even know what to feel about this! I mean, i'd love to see Dino Cave be real, but I don't see it being a real thing. And I haven't received any e-mails telling me differently. :P

If it was fake, why would he send us that email? And if it was a prank, why not make the email just say "Gotcha- April Fools!" or something?

Because it's evolved from a prank to trolling? That's my theory, haha =)

Thanks!

I'm not sure I know what to think yet. I know I want DinoCave to be real, buuuuuuuut I don't know :/

No prob.

OT: I'm rather neutral on the issue, but this seems like a really, really weird extended joke if it is one at all. o.o

I finally got my e-mail an hour ago! biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to access Dragon Cave since this afternoon, but I have no problems accessing Dino Cave. If Dino Cave turns out to be for real, then hopefully it'll be something to occupy me whenever Dragon Cave is inaccessible for me. wink.gif

Got an email.

I'm mostly inclined to believe this is a prank because there are eggs in the AP with less than six days left. The site has only been out for a day.

maybe tj wants us to think it sfake thats the prank? and less days on eggs may help with that xd.png