silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

"Lets call it a tie." Kiera said diplomatically, before her bonds competitiveness could start an argument. Her bond glared up at her, but both of them soon colapsed into laughter at their windblown appearances. Your hair is completely vertical! Slipstream giggled. "And your mane looks like there's a rat nesting in it!" Kiera gasped out through her laughter. "That was so fun!"

Vrans smiled this time. That was fun and they seemed to be having lots of fun. He watched Slipstream and Kiera laughing together. Strange creatures humans could be. Some violent, some kind, others caring, others rude, others you just could not determine. Though where dragons not the same there? Some where nice, some violent, other cruel, and others that where caring. All these things in both beings. Just the only real difference was that of the shells both beings where in. Maybe that's why there 2 races got along so well. In a way maybe they where one race. Just out ward looks separated them from each other. The only human he had maybe began the beginnings of a bond with had to be killed thanks to the darklings. Since then he had not bothered with them very much. Up until now he hardly paid much attention to how dragons and humans behave when bonded. All he knew of it was sadness it left when they die. But maybe it just was a event, fate or something did not want him with that one human.

All this he though about as the 2 laughed together. He felt a bit lonely suddenly. He did not... could not right now share this like these 2 where right now. Maybe in the future he could.

To everyone else he may just look like he was smiling at them. Though if ya looked deep into his eye they would be able to tell what he was thinking. Well the last part.

((Tyra-Ice, I am still waiting for your post here. As much as I remember, Rin took Bruce's cooking book, and Roderick with Runara are going to let him keep it, if Bruce won't tell, where did he got this book.

And... Anyone saw dragonshard here?))

Edited by TheTron852

Slipstreams laughter cut off abruptly as she sensed the deep sadness surounding Vrans. Hiding her thoughts from her bond, she sent a silent feeling of sympathy towards the older Magi dragon. Whatever's wrong, just know that you can tell us. It helps, it really does. Kiera quieted down and turned to face the elders tent. "Well... Vrans, slipstream and I need to report now. If you wan;t to come in with us, that's great." She stepped forward, pushed aside the entrance flap, and ducked inside. Slipstream followed with a concerned glance a the forlorn Magi.

Vrans nodded when Slipstream sent him her thoughts. Though to her bond it would look like he nodded to what she said. "I'll.... I'll explain later." he sent to Slipstream. He ducked in to the tent after Slipstream and looked around. It reminded him of another place but he could not say from where. He just stayed with the small group for now. When he saw the elders he bowed in respect as he thought it was normal and well... respectful.

Sighing, Jennifer turned to face Bruce and rubbed the back of her neck, embarrassed. "Sorry about your book... He'll give it back eventually; he's quite the mischievous little thing," she chuckled, twisting one of her long braids hanging down by her face. "Well I should be getting to the village. My father's going to have a heart attack of I'm not back in time for the fishing party. Ever since that day he's been..off...," Jennifer's voice became solemn at the end until she shook her head as if dispelling the thoughts, "Anyway, I guess I'll see you later. Feel free to visit the village." With that, she turned and began briskly walking in the direction of the village. She'd need to pick up the pace if she wanted to get back on time. It'd be so much easier if I could ride a Dragon... Oh well, she thought to herself.

Jennifer then lifted her fingers to her lips and let out a shrill whistle. There was only silence at first, but then the distant rumbling of hooves could be heard in the distance. Soon, a long legged horse appeared through the thick foilage. Its coat was a shimmery dun color and its mane and tail were jet black. Its legs looked as if the horse had stepped in coal, being very black at the hoof and slowly dying away towards the elbow and heel. The most noticeable thing, however, was the blue feather braided into the horse's mane for it matched the feather Jennifer had braided in her hair. With graceful agility, Jenny swung herself up into the dun horse's soft, leather saddle, lovingly rubbed the mare's neck, then gently gripped the reins. She made a soft clicking noise with her mouth and began cantering off into the woods towards the village. "You better hurry, Rin, or you'll be left behind!" she laughed, knowing her bond would follow as soon as he realized she was leaving for the village.

((@silvrechan: Since Jennifer doesn't have an adult dragon bond she can ride yet, is the part about her horse ok? If the humans were so advanced with space craft, I figure they could have transported horses over to the new planet. 83))

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Horses are fine, as well as any other earth animal.))

Kiera bowed to the elders, Slipstream mimicking her movements. "Council, we have grave news." Kiera said solemnly. "My bond, Slipstream, and the hatchling Rin, bond of Jennifer, were attacked by darklings on their way to the village from the forest." It was the closest sighting of a resident darkling to the village ever, Slipstream added, But Rin and I managed to drive it off. Her voice held a hint of pride. "Also, this is Vrans. We met him in the forest and wished to introduce him." Kiera indicated the Magi standing behind her.

Vrans gave a nod when he was introduced. "I don't think we have met yet that I can recall. But I have lived here for a while now." he said politely. "Its a honor to get to meet you...." he paused. Should he call them Elders? But would that be calling them old then? And some don't take well to be called old. Or should he call them royal ones? But they where not exacly royal either..... "council." he eventually said "Eeerr... sorry there.... shows how often I do this sort of thing." he finished off.

The council murmured amongst themselves, a few of the younger members smiling kindly at Vrans. Finally, after a long silence, the oldest looking council member stood and spoke. "Kiera, Slipstream, you have done well to bring this to our attention. Darklings this close to the village is a threat that must be acknowledged and acted upon." He paused and smiled at Vrans. "It is nice to meet you, Vrans. Please feel welcome to address any concerns you may have for the village with us. Now however, this council is adjourned. We must discuss the new threat." He turned and sat back down. Kiera and Slipstream bowed in synchrony, then turned and exited the tent.

Vrans nodded and bowed with Slipstream and her bond. He left right behind them. "You when your not used to how somethings done when." he a said once they where out of the tent then looked the 2. "So um.... you guys mentioned something to do with fishing?" he asked not knowing what else to say. He still remembered Slipstreams offer about listening to his story but now did not seem like the time to bring it up to him.

((-is going to chuck self into story now-))

Minnie-Marie Roy, a quiet kind of girl who keeps to herself and generally, though not always, out of trouble. Today, she was in the center of town braiding daisies and forget-me-not's into a little girls hair. Nearby, young boys ran to and from flower gardens to bring her more flowers, for them, she smiled tenderly and thanked them. Each of them crawled up to sit next to her, staring intently on her nimble fingers working through the tangled strands of shimmering blond. When she was done she put her hands on either of the girls shoulders and the girl was smiling big, looking over her shoulder at Marie.- "Thanks Marie!" She chirped and Marie felt well enough to see a child smiling, she needed no verbal appreciation she she just nodded politely.

"Any time! So, who's up for a game of hiding seek?" The children thrust their arms into the air, some of them put both of them up, and waved them around excitedly with a chorus of 'Me!'s. Laughing, Marie tucked her face in her hands and began to count, the children all got to their feet with giggles and ran off to hide.

"Playing with the children, I see." Came a low, soothing voice but Marie didn't need to peek to know who it was.

"Yes, Hastarius, we're playing hide and seek, if you'd like, you could join." Hastarius only gave a gentle, deep, laugh.

"No, that's quite alright, I'll leave it to you. I'm going to go find Nejour, he's sure to have caught our dinner by now." Marie heard the gentle swoosh of air as his wings carried him to the sky, suddenly, she realized, she was long past the proper 60 second count. Getting to her feet and brushing off her bottom of the dirt she cupped her hands to her mouth.

"Ready or not, Here I come!" She called and was lead about by the trails of giggles. Every time she got close she feigned innocence of their whereabouts with. "I wonder where they can be!" and "Oh, there's no way they could be here." When their giggles were just past the point of containable she'd jump at them quickly.- "Gotcha!" and they all erupted into laughter.-

Kiera nodded affirmatively. "We need to fish at least once a week to kee bringing in meat for the village. Usually families funt for themselves, but what with the Darklings around..." Its safer to hunt in groups, and as infrequenly as possible. Slipstream finished the statement as her bond trailed off into silence. We'll be covering the river closest to town, which is the only reason they're letting Kiera, Jennifer, and I handle it. We are still just kids after all. She said the word "kids" with something close to contempt. "Anyway, we usually lay down nets and have a dragon chase the fish into them. It's a pretty efficient method, but the fish only swim straight into the net if a larger dragon chases them." Kiera explained. She added grinning, "Slipstreams tried a few times, but the fish just swim around her and get away." So will you help us? Slipstream asked hopefully.

Rin practically screamed when the new creature burst onto the scene and it was charging straight a Jennifer "Look out" he cried to Jennifer leaping out of the tree in hopes of protecting his bond.

Jennifer chuckled and put out her arms, catching Rin and holding him close to her safely. "Relax, Rin, it's only my horse. She won't hurt you, I promise," she chuckled stroking him gently. Setting him on the saddle in front of her, Golden Rain trotted into the village, giving a snort. "Atta girl, Rain...," Jenny crooned softly, rubbing the mare's majestic neck. Golden Rain nickered in return, making her way farther into the small town. Noticing Minnie, Jennifer slightly raised her hand in a wave. Jennifer and Minnie had a few things in common; their histories and personalities for which Jennifer respected the other teenage girl.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Kiera nodded affirmatively. "We need to fish at least once a week to kee bringing in meat for the village. Usually families funt for themselves, but what with the Darklings around..." Its safer to hunt in groups, and as infrequenly as possible. Slipstream finished the statement as her bond trailed off into silence. We'll be covering the river closest to town, which is the only reason they're letting Kiera, Jennifer, and I handle it. We are still just kids after all. She said the word "kids" with something close to contempt. "Anyway, we usually lay down nets and have a dragon chase the fish into them. It's a pretty efficient method, but the fish only swim straight into the net if a larger dragon chases them." Kiera explained. She added grinning, "Slipstreams tried a few times, but the fish just swim around her and get away." So will you help us? Slipstream asked hopefully.

Vrans nodded "Yes I will help you. Just I'v never fished before." he said "But I'm willing to learn." he said with a nod. "Though for kids you guys seemed pretty grown up to me. You just like to enjoy fun more." he said with a smile

((Rushed post, not met to be up lol))

Kiera smiled. It was nice for an adult not to be condescending just because she and Slipstream were young. "It's okay if you haven't fished before. It's easy!" She laughed and trailed after her bond, who was already headed toward the river. I hope Jennifer and Rin get here soon.Slipstream commented. It'll be really hard to pull the net out of the river otherwise.

-Minnie-Marie had been surrounded by hopping little boodies as they tried to pull her down to her size, though a few just wanted to be carried, when Jennifer waved hello. She could only smile, since her hands where being held hostage but, it was all the same to her. She knew of Jennifer but she didn't really know her. In fact, she didn't really know very many people, unless she did mundane chores for them, like she did for many in town. A thought crossed her mind; Perhaps that's how they'd met? Though, from a distance? Minnie knew that Jennifer was a good, kind girl but all the same, it was hard to approach anyone unless she was approached first.

Finally, a few of the children succeeded in pulling her down so that she sat criss-cross applesauce. They gathered around her, the youngest of them making her way onto Minnie's lap. All of the children were expecting a story, mostly of her adventures with Nejour, since they knew Hastarius wasn't the adventurous type.-

Jennifer pulled Rain to a halt as she watched the children pile on top of Minnie. A smile tugged at the corner of the black haired girl's lips as she gazed at the happy picture. In many ways, Jenny and Minnie were quite similar due to the fact that they were both more solitary persons, preferring the company of Dragons to other people. However, while Jennifer would rather be in the company of nature rather than humans, Minnie was a big hit among the little children in the village.

Finally, she clicked to Golden Rain and the mare began walking once more towards the hut of the Elders. Setting Rin upon her shoulder, she reined in Golden Rain before the Elder hut then gracefully dismounted. With a few motions of her hands, she'd tied her horse to the hitching post outside then had ventured into the hut. "Sorry I'm late, I ran into some trouble back at the forest," she apologized, stroking Rin's head as she approached the Elders.

Kiera smiled. It was nice for an adult not to be condescending just because she and Slipstream were young. "It's okay if you haven't fished before. It's easy!" She laughed and trailed after her bond, who was already headed toward the river. I hope Jennifer and Rin get here soon.Slipstream commented. It'll be really hard to pull the net out of the river otherwise.

Vrans nodded and came along side them "So you mentioned flying around to heard them.... how does that work? I mean would they not just swim under you then? Or do you fly in the water?" he asked unsure about how it worked "From what I know of fishing..... if they have an escape he use it no matter how small.... so that kind of leaves me confused." he admitted.

Kiera smiled and continued walking. "The fish aren't as smart as you think they are." she explained. "The thing is, it isn't you yourself that they are afraid of. They're afraid of your shadow." Slipstream added Sometimes we carry rocks to drow if they start swimming under us. That helps too. She sniffed the air curiously, and her face widened into a reptilian smile. Smells like Jenny and Rin are right behind us, she said. They'll catch up when they're done talking to the elders. "Should we wait for them?" Kiera wondered.

Vrans nodded listening "Oh..... I thought that they would be smarter.... ok." he said as the 2 spoke. "But even seemingly dumb creatures learn.... but I guess fish just go away from what ever is not normal." he said half to him self. He sniffed the air when Slipstream did but did not know the scents of there friends yet. "We could wait.... but I hope they don't get too distracted again... is that one human coming?" he asked not really wanting to cloak.

Jennifer conversed with the Elders for a while, explaining how she had bonded with Rin while out in the forest. Before long, she was following the road leading to the river, Rin still on her shoulder.

(The elders should give a certain mark to any human who's bonded to a dragon. 83 Like a little ink marking or something.))

((Good idea! Maybe a simple mark for one bond, and a more complex mark for more than on?))

Slipstream shook her head. Nope, just them by the smell of it. And we shouldn't need to wait much longer. They should be arriving any second now. Kiera squinted down the path, then relaxed as the newly bonded pair came into view. "Hey Jennifer! Rin!" She shouted out a happy greeting to her friends.

((What about an intricate ring made out of dragon symbols that is proof of the bond between dragons? Each time a new bond is formed, a new intricate ring of dragon symbols is formed and chain linked to the first one? They can be any shape or size or color because it reflects the personality of the human bearing the symbol?))

((Hmm, good idea. Let's take this conversation to the OOC. 83))

Jennifer waved at Kiera and Slipstream as she jogged to catch up with them. "Hey, sorry about that," she apologized, "I had to discuss...a few more things with the elders."