silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

"But there yummy" he said to Jennifer. He gave Jennifer a *Puss in Boots* look. "Are there any larger species to catch in the water" he said said to Slipstream.

"Oooh, no! Don't give me that look!" Jennifer groaned, cuddling her bond, "I just can't resist when you're that cute!" She laughed and shook her head, petting Rin's head. "Look, I'll promise to get you some snacks even better than the bait, but you have to promise you'll stop eating the bait, ok?" she suggested, her black hair swaying behind her slightly.

"Really yay lets let those fish" Rin cheered. He dived into the water and came out struggling to hold a fish that was half his size

Slipstream landed in the center of the group, bringing the second net with her.Watching Jennifer and rin, she and Kiera chuckled at the newly bonded pair. I remember when we were just like that. Slipstream said fondly. When I got too big to sleep inside with you, it was all your parents could do to keep you from sleeping out in the barn with me. Kiera smiled down at her bond. She had only fuzzy memories of her younger years, but she remembered the feeling of completion that the hatchling Slipstream had given her. "Yeah, I remember."

Turning to Rin, Slipstream added, You can drop the fish on the rocks to stun it. Good job, that's a big one. Kiera glanced over at Jennifer and smiled. "Can you help me get the bait set up downstream? As soon as Vrans sets down the weights, we should be able to set up nets, too."

Vrans nodded and was about to set up the weights but paused not entirely sure what to put them on the net to hold it down or how to put the weights on for that matter. He looked at Slipstream and then at his weights then the net "Um..... since I'v never fished before....... I'm not sure how to set these up." he said "Does it matter which end of the net do that go on or.....?" he asked.

Kiera trotted over to vrans. "If you could just drop them at the two bottom corners of the nets, please." she said in a slightly commanding tone. "I'll tie them on."

Vrans nodded and did so. With her tone he felt like he was slowing them down now. Though then again she was with Slipstream having to tell everyone what to do almost. He was plain new to this him self. He then looked at the weights and the nets to see how they where tied.

Upon reaching the river, Bruce started to look for a perfect place to hide the book. Some time later he has found a good one. He put the book there and tried to make it, so no one will notice that something is hidden there. It turned out not pretty good, but acceptable from Bruce's point of view, so he turned back to the inn. All this time he didn't notice, that he isn't alone.

Jennifer pulled her long black hair back and nodded to Kiera, grabbing hold of the bait bucket. She then began to stroll downstream until she came to the normal spot where they usually set up the bait. There, she knelt down and began prepping everything for the rush of fish.

Slipstream nudged Kiera playfully. You're so bossy, she teased. Can't you see Vrans is new at this? Kiera winced and turned to the Magi. "Sorry... I wasn't thinking," she said apologetically. She knelt down next to the weights and started to tie them on. Slipstream smiled and said to Vrans, If you want, I can show you how we herd the fish. Kiera did her best to smother a giggle- Slipstream had sounded like a hopeful child wanting to show off her favorite trick.

Edited by silvrechan

Vrans looked up at Kiera when she said sorry "Oh no its alright." he said. He personaly understood if she had met the tone. He looked at Slipstream when she asked if he wanted to see how they heard the fish. He caught her bonds face looking like she was about to giggle. He looked back at Slipstream and nodded "Sure." he said.

Rin wandered off and stumbled into a bush. he landed on something hard "whats this?" he looked and saw it was the cook book "*Gasp* its the book its mine again". he dragged it away and over to Jennifer "Jen I found the book again" he shouted to her.

Bruce didn't went too far, before he have heard a shout. He turned instantly... and saw the very same dragon, who took his book earlier from Roderick. "Well, at least I don't have to-- Wait..." - he suddenly froze in terror. He had to return this book! Plus, he gave himself out by speaking out loud! AAAARGH, why I am so unlucky! - he thought and decided that there is no more reason to hide and went back to the place, where he have hid the book.

Alright, here goes. Slipstream floated into the sky on an updraft, then snapped her wings open to their full length. Once she was over the river, she dived down and raked the water with her hind claws, causing a fish to leap out of the water in fright she then flew low and fast over the water, the shadows of ther wingtips barely brushing the edges of the bank. once she had gone for about three meters, she pulled up into an abrupt turn and settled back in next to the magi dragon. Okay, Vrans, she said, smiling smugly, your turn.

Vrans watched Slipstream pull off her move. Though had to refocus after a moment. When she settled by him and said it was his turn he nodded then stood up and opened his wings into a low glide then pumped his wings once he was over. But as he had started low when he dived suddenly the water was.... over him. He got back up to the surface and out of the water and hacked up a some water "My bad, too low I think." he said. As he went to try again.

Slipstream smiled. You did great for a first try, she said encouragingly. You don't have to snap at the water at first if you don't want to, she continued. Just focus at flying so that your shadow cavers the whole width of the river.

Vrans smiled and nodded back. He opened his wings and took off a bit higher this time. Passing over the river a few times then went to to the right then came back slowly descending watching his shadow was going from bank to bank on the river. After doing this a few times then he tried to do the manover again, he flew up then snapped down and was just a little too high for his claws to touch the water but he was improving.

Great! slipstream exclaimed, happy that Vrans caught on fast. "Hey, you two," Kiera called, I'm almost done setting up the net. Will you put it in the river for me?" Slipstream filicked her tail to voice her assent, but was rooted to the spot, her eyes following e fish that had swam too close to the bank. As it came within a meter of her, she tensed her muscles and pounced into the water with a splash, soaking everybody within distance. She grinned as hugely as she could, but most of her mouth was occupied by the enormous fish she had clamped in her jaws. Kiera, who had come over to the rivers bank, was soaking wet. She glared down at Slipstream, then burst out laughing at her crazy antics. "Just move the net down by Jen and put it into the river," she said between giggles

Vrans was getting ready to snap down smiling at the praise he got for improving.... then water got in his eye's suddenly and he could not tell how high he was and he shot into the water. He surfaced to see what had sent him into the water. He got out again and had to laugh a little as well. He heard Kiera and nodded. He came up beside Slipstream then shook out his wing above her then playfully trotted off to the net and grabbed one end.