silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

(lol love your new profile picture Tyra laugh.gif )

Rin decided it was time for more flying so he flew back onto Jennifer's back and hid himself in her hair. He knew he had just made a fool of himself "I'm sorry I sounded so smart but I merely meant that I have more lookouts then most others" Rin said.

Vrans tilted his head a bit when one said he had more look outs then most. If it was detecting darklings there was no 'way' to track them. Or so it seemed, they showed up when they wanted to show up. He had still forgotten to cloak him self so bright orange behind some bushes and such...

((Hint hint.))

((Roderick is going to freak out, when he sees Vrans...))

The trio were listening to Rin and the elder's conversation, not saying anything. Suddenly Bruce noticed something... orange in the bushes. Taking a closer look, he realised that it was a dragon. He gave a look at Runara and Roderick, and they understood. Runara clearly noticed that it was a magi dragon. Roderick, upon noticing dragon, suddenly froze. After a couple of seconds he muttered with a voice, full of fear, just one word: "No..." - and then he fell unconscuious.

Runara noticed that, and suddenly remembered that Roderick has a phobia of magi dragons. "Oh... no..." - she whispered. If that magi dragon was also a darkling...

Nomadic turned his head slightly towards her, still dipped some what as he nearly silently spoke, his gaze turning also towards the orangish scales in the undergrowth.

"Older then you or anyone possibly left alive." He spoke, and left it at that.

Twisting towards the orangish hue, his poor eyesight was unable to make out exactly whom it was, darkling or not, his tail arose as so his head, tail carving into the trunks of the other trees as his head rose higher, careful not to pass it by the canopy in order for his poor sight to see. Using his weight to get into a sturdy position, he peered downward at the anonymous. His voice ringing out unto the abyss directed towards the figure. His tail grinding against the trees, a kind of aggressive gesture was being formed, for it was that this one made a validate attempt at stealth.

As his voice rang out, the trees echoed,"And you are?" he spoke without a sly hint of nervosness, but more aggression, for it was the fact he hid that made him nervous.

Vrans heard something fall and shortly after that another dragon from the group asked who he was. But the aggressive tone.... was a bit too aggressive. He stood up and tilted his head slowly coming "Just Vrans here." he said "Not often anyone sees me." he admitted "I met no harm." he said looking at the group "Normally most seem to ignore me or not seem to see me." he explained for his behaver. He looked at Roderick "Is he alright?" he asked.

Edited by little lost dragon

Turning towards the (human I believe) Nomadic's tail swished away as he sat down, looking at the human.

He had known humans to be both weak in a way and vulnerable, on occassions he had heard of such phobias against a dragon race. Often something from the past caused these such fears. It didn't take him long to put together the puzzle.

"Phobia, most likely. Probably against.." He paused to turn his head towards the other dragon,"Magi I believe?" He spoke, his once aggressive tone turning more towards puzzled.

Vrans looked up puzzled "He has a Phobia against magi's?" he asked keeping his distance now. "Wonder what happened. I almost became a darkling from I know of my history. They kept attacking the locations I was at. How I lost my top frill." he said showing the scar "But aside from that..... I guess a magi attacked him when he was young?" he asked

Runara looked at Vrans, picking in her mind a good answer. "Well, he is, but... well, he has a magi dragon phobia-"

"Whoa, what?" - Bruce interrupted. "He is actually afraid of magis? He never told me that!"

"Because it is a sharp topic for him, silly." - facepalmed Runara. Then she turned back to Vrans. "No offence, please." - she said with excuse.

Vrans nodded "Non taken. Not his or my fault." he said "I'll.... " he started then seemed to vanish "Vanish from site." he said from his cloak "Just tell him there's a ghost around.... or.... eeerrrr... something invisible that means no harm and can talk." he said his voice seemingly coming from thin air where he was.

Noticing that Roderick has began to wake up, Runara quickly nodded.

"Rod? Are you okay?" - said Bruce with worry.

"Hush, you" - hissed Runara at him. "He's just waking up, and you are attacking him with words? No rush!"

"Ugh..." - Roderick put his hand to the head, trying to regain the control of his body. "...I think I am now getting hallucinations... These nightmares are driving me crazy."

"Hallucinations? Pffft. Please, Roderick, you have never had any." - said Bruce. In fact he was worried as much as Runara.

Jennifer smiled at the nomadic dragon's answer. Suddenly, she turned her head as she heard someone or something fall to the ground with a thump. Roderick was on the ground, passed out, and the nomad was leaning over him slightly. "Wait...what just happened?" she asked, standing up and hurrying over. She pet Rin gently as he sat on her shoulders under her hair. Kneeling down next to Roderick, she asked, "Is he alright?!" She leaned over him slightly as he began to wake up. "A fear of...Magi's?" she stated, a bit confused.

Slipstream giggled at human passed out on the ground, then quickly stopped laughing as Kiera sent her a death glare. Slip walked over to the spot where the Magi was hidden, inquiring, How can you do that? It seems like a neat trick. She then turned to Nomad, who seemed to have taken offense at the Smart vs. Luck conversation. Sir, we only meant that it is good to have both smarts and luck. No offense was intended. Turning to Jennifer and Rin, Kiera asked, "Are we going fishing or what? No offense to anyone here, but this wasn't supposed to be this big of a gathering..."

Vrans looked at the puzzled Slipstream when she asked in his head how he did that. He nodded then remembered she can't see him. "I don't really know how I can do it. I think about not wanting to be seen and.... poof it happens." he explained then realized he just spoke allowed. To the the guy with the phobia a ghost was talking now he assumed. He cringed a little in his cloak "Oh no." he sent telepathically.

Turning to Kiera, Jennifer stood up. "Well, we have to report back to the village Leader first then we go fishing. These three newcomers never answered my question as to whether they wanted to come back to the village, so I guess we should head back now," she explained. The black haired girl began to stroll back to the village, the sun now high overhead. She looked down as her stomach grumbled. "I hope they're cooking up something good for lunch back at the village," she stated, chuckling.

The dragon paused, it had been long since he had entered the domain of the human campsite. Having a decision to make, it bothered him. Turn back, and continue roaming or get a slight bit affiliated with the humans. They weren't the most loveable things, but it had long sense been he felt company of one of his own kinda apart from the darklings. After a moments thought, he guessed he 'ought to of gone and helped them.. perhaps just a little bit. See other dragons.. it would be nice to do such a thing.

Kiera followed Jennifer towars the main village. Slipstream glanced back at the people they were leaving behind, and said, If you want to come to the village, follow the arrows carved into the trees. She trotted after her bond and Jennifer, hurrying to catch up.

Soon they were outside the elders tent. "Are you guys gonna go first, or should we?" Kiera asked, referring to the meeting with the elders.

Vrans followed still cloaked. "I kind of already live in the village." he sent "Just like I said... hardly anyone sees me..... even with out my cloak." he sent again to the few dragons in the group. It was true though. He had his own tent as well. Bit small but sheltered him from the weather when he slept.

Edited by little lost dragon

Kiera grimaced with sympathy for the invisible Magi. "Yikes," she said, "It must be really lonely for you. I guess if no one sees you, you aren't bonded, right?" Slipstream frowned and said, Don't be impolite, Kiera. Her bond was right, though. This poor dragon spent most of the time alone! Hey... she said hesitantly, Do you want to come fishing with us? We could use an extra dragon...

Vrans shook his invisible head "No I don't. Most humans tend to avoid me after my first rescuer had to be killed. I assume if some one does notice me they assume I might turn into a darkling or something." he sent but perked up a bit when they invited him to join them at fishing "Sure..... though I never fished before..." he admitted.

Thats okay! Slipstream exclaimed. We just need someone to fly over the water to herd the fish into our nets. "Don't forget, Slip," Kiera said, "We have to meet with the elders first."

((Sorry for short post!))

Edited by silvrechan

Vrans smiled in his cloak a bit. "Would not suprize me if the elders hardly knew I was around." he sent in a bit of a joking manner. "Bet more notice my tent more then me." he sent "But as for fishing, ok.... sounds simple enough." he sent thinking. Fly over the water to heard fish? WOuld that not just drive them deeper into the water? Who knows he's never been fishing.

Jennifer walked briskly through the forest, listening as Kiera asked if the magi would like to go fishing. She brightened up, seeing he would like to try. "Great!" she piped up. Then to answer Kiera's question, she replied, "Well, you should probably see the elders first since you seemed eager to tell them your news and Darklings are a serious problem."

Luckily, Roderick didn't heard Vrans. After Slipstream's words Bruce said: "Well, to the village!", but was stopped by Runara. "Not so fast, pal. We need to check our items before going to the village. Plus, Roderick is still we-"

"No, I am ok." - immediately said Roderick and stood up. Suddenly he noticed something in Bruce's backpack. "What's that in your bag?" - he asked.

"Huh, what? N-nothing..." - said Bruce innocently.

"Really? ...Runara." - Roderick looked at his bond. Runara nodded and leaped behind Bruce. He turned to her side, when Roderick took from Bruce's bag a book. It read: Cooking for Newbies: How to cook a magnificient breakfast, lunch and dinner without any problem.

"Well well well... Seems like our Bruce wants to become a cook?" - said Runara with laugh.

"NO. I just..." - began Bruce, but didn't find anything to say.

Pausing for a moment, Jennifer chuckled at the trio. She turned around, petting Rin's head. "Alright, when you're ready to come to the village, it's straight through that grove of trees a ways. You'll come to a river, which there's a sturdy wooden bridge across and there's the village," she instructed, motioning in the right direction with her hand.

Jenny then turned on her heel and continued walking through the grove towards the village, a gentle smile upon her face.

Continuing along side the other dragons, listening to their conversations, Nomadic some what voided out into the abyss, all he could get was something about being lonely and flying.

"If you say he to be lonely, at least he gets noticed. The only thing that notices me in the forest is a darkling." He added shortly after,"And I can't fly.. "

(Sorry, was out eating all day.)

(I'm so fat x.x)