silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

Crystal smiled at the sad little hatchling. "I'm sorry... I don't know who your parents are either. As for that liquid, they are called 'tears'. You make them when you're sad," she explained. "Like you are now, because you don't know who your parents are," she added. She smiled and reached out to the hatchling, picking it up and holding it in her arms. "Well, Hysteria, how would you like to be with me? I'll teach you everything and we can even bond! It would be an honor to have you as a bond, which is basically a dragon, what you are, who has a deep connection with a human, that's me," she explained to the fragile hatchling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beryl noticed a sudden bobbing near the stream that led near the village. She stood up from her guarding and walked over to it (Beryl is a Royal Blue dragon adult). She gently picked up the egg there and sat down with it. The poor thing. It must have lost its parents, she thought, but not sadly, she just felt pity for it. She gently began to rub it, hoping to warm it up from the cold water that had been slapping against it for some time.

Edited by FireKitty

"oh." Hysteria said. She Watched as Crystal picked her up. "It would be nice to bond. And I migh be able to find my parent!" She said. She smiled wiping off the tears. Hysteria crawled up to Crystal's head and sat there.

The egg seemed motionless for quite some time. No matter how much Beryl rubbed the egg, trying to warm it, it stayed unusually cold; freezing temperatures in fact. Then finally after what seemed like an hour, the egg slightly jerked in one direction, then the other.

Meanwhile, inside the peaceful darkness of the egg, lay a small hatchling. She had fallen asleep to the gentle bobbing of her egg on the river, but suddenly the motion stopped with an unsettling bump. Opening her purple eyes, the little hatchling blinked and looked around. What had happened to the soothing rocking motion that had caused her to fall asleep? Just then, she felt another dragon prescence; an older dragon. Momma...? she wondered. Eager to reunite with who she thought was her mother, she began to rock the egg, trying to figure out how to get out.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"By all you two people and dragon" Rin said to Rodrick, Bruce, and Runa. Rin climbed back onto Jeniffer's back "Are we going to meet the leader now?" he said to Jennifer.

Kiera walked up to the newcomers, quickly followed by Slipstream. "I don't know who you are," Kiera said warily, "but I'm Kiera, and this is my bond, Slipstream." Slipstream acknowledged the newcomers, then turned to Rin, saying, You were right to be suspicious. It is better to keep your guard up and risk offending strangers than to lower it and have those strangers turn out to be enemies. Despite her serious words, Slipstream's tone was lighthearted, and in the back of her mind, she was rejoicing for the newly bonded pair. Even though she had only known Rin for a few hours, she was fond of the hatchling. Kiera noticed Slipstream's mood and smiled. "Hey, Jennifer, is it okay if we come with you to the elders? Slip needs to report the Darkling sighting."

Jennifer shook her head at Rin, grinning, as he climbed up on her back. Reaching backwards, gently grabbed him and held him in her arms as she turned to Kiera. "Sure, of course," she replied, once again beginning to stroke Rin's small head, "And don't forget, it's our job to go fishing today for the village. We're running low on meat since the herds are on the move again."

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Crystal smiled as the hatchling crawled up to her head and laid there. She chuckled and smiled at the small Shadow Walker. "Yes. However... I should warn you, there are more than just wolf pups around that could... get you killed," she said as she gently stroked the hatchling on her head while walking, careful not to jostle the young dragon. "There are these things... called Darklings... that could have taken your parents. When you grow big and strong, I promise we'll fight them and find your parents and try to, if they are, change them away from the Darkness," she promised the hatchling Hysteria, frowning as she walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beryl sat there for an hour, trying to get the egg to warm up, when she finally realized it was an ice dragon egg. She blinked and picked up the egg, however, it started to rock back and forth. She laid down a little ways outside the village and held the egg a bit close to her. "Come on out, little one. You can do it," she whispered, smiling.

The egg continued to wobble back and forth until finally, there was a chipping noise as the little hatchling inside began to claw the shell. Soon, there was a tiny crack as her claws began to pierce the shell walls. The hatchling let out a tiny, high pitched squeak as she continued to try and escape the egg. Soon, a tiny, indigo blue muzzle appeared through the crack from inside the frosty egg. The little hatchling peeped cutely as she took a few moments to rest. Breaking out of this shell was hard work!

Edited by Tyra-Ice

(Wow, havn't got to reply in a few days and there is already six pages.. o.o Sorry xd.png Anyhow, Tyra, can the egg be inside the nursery or what? xd.png)

Shifting across the ground, Nomad had traveled quite the bit during the day. He had no time to rest. But as he caught hold of the sound of.. talking? Coming from humans, he twisted and turned and slid over towards the mass huddle of laughter and joy. His tail swishing around him, sliding from side to side and gently yet sometimes harshly bumping up against the tree bark, drooped across the floor as he silently approached. His dull crimson crown appeared through the mass of trees, as he looked at those around the hour old hatching, snorting abruptly he watched them, nevertheless approaching closer. Eventually sticking his head in between two trees, in view of the other dragons, he watched them and silently snorted, his gaze turning from the dragons and humans to the hatching, still blissful, he had been.

Kiera nodded at Jennifer. "Of course. Maybe we can get another dragon help us? When they fly over the water, it scares the fish right into our nets." slipstream, meanwhile, did herbest to explain to Rin what a fish was. They're these slimy creatures, about as long as you are. they have fins- which are like wings for the water- and a big strong tail to swim with. They wiggle a lot and have cold blood and- oh, I give up. You'll see when we go fishing.

Kiera jumped as another dragon thrust his way into the clearing. He was old, with many battle scars- a distinguished fighter, no doubt. Slipstream walked up to the dragon and greeted him formally, with the proper respect a younger dragon like herself must have for an elder. Greetings, he-of-many-scars. I am Slipstream, bond of Kiera. what might your name be? Kiera eyed the male warily, muttering a quiet "Hello..."

Nomadic's squinting eye, slowly slid towards the matron dragoness, it's irises nearly entirely white. Shifting his sturdy and quite large frame inbetween the two quite hulky trees, he pushed them aside with a shattering and cracking tare. Prying forward, he was quite larger then the other dragons, and also covered in many more scars.

As his deep and elderly voice rang out, the young trees seem to awe in its embrace.

"I am Nomadic, or Nomad. Who are you? And they?" he asked, which he usually didn't bother asking other dragons or humans, but at his age, the sight of the newly born dragon was a quite a blessing.

Rin looked at this newcomer with the respect he deserved "Good day Nomad sir I am Rin". Rin could tell by the size and physical scats he bore that this was an old male most likely a nomad.

((Well right now Tyra's just abandoned out in the woods but anyone is welcome to take her to the nursery. 83 @Zuke117))

Jennifer nodded happily in return to Kiera's comment about the fish. "Yeah, definitely." Hearing Rin's request, Jenny walked over to one of the fruit trees nearby, reached up, and plucked the juciest fruit she could find from the wide, thick branches. She then gave to the little Royal Blue and let Slipstream handle explaining what fish were.

At the sound of groaning, snapping trees, Jennifer spun around and gasped, coming almost face to face with a great, crimson dragon. The girl hurriedly backed up a few feet and craned her neck, looking upwards at the giant. "O-oh....h-hello," she greeted him nervously, though you could tell she was in awe of his strength. He was an elder male dragon, more than likely nomadic due to the appearance of his scales and battle scars, and no doubt very wise.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"A village, you say?" - said Roderick.

"Finally, I am already tired like no tomorrow" - exclaimed Bruce.

Then they have heard the sound as others, and saw probably the rarest thing in their life: an elder dragon. Bruce and Roderick froze, not from fear, but from respect of the giant.

Runara also looked at the elder with respect, because she knew that the elders are to be respected for them being very wise. "Greetings, sir. I am Runara Tonitrui, the bond of Roderick Frost." - she greeted the Nomad elder, putting there a lot of respect.

((Sorry about that. I was confused by Rin's words))

Edited by TheTron852

((No one's left yet. X3 Jennifer was waiting for the trio's answer about accompanying her and Kiera to the village. @Tron))

Shifting his gaze from each of the dragons and humans, and the hatching, he dipped his head and shifted, in which his torso area with the large scar, and followed by the rest of his bulky titanic frame appeared. His tail sliding by his side as his wings stuck in that stale position they usually where kept. His right squinting eye now shut, as he looked at them all with a terrible form of vision. His shoulders seeming to reach into the canopy, he kept his head fairly low. Turning his one-eyed look towards the hatching, he acknowledged the youth.

"If he is lucky, plays his cards right, I do believe you could be at least half my age. But.." He decided to settle upon a welcoming to the youth about life,"You'll need more then just luck and the proper play, in this world you can die by the swipe of anything it seems. So, you'll have to be smart about the way you go about it." His deep, crackly and elderly toned voice, shattered against the trees, as his tail flapped against the ground, its possibly more then one ton of weight shattering some of the loose dirt below it.

"I'm safe I have an ability with plants they will protect me and warn me of approaching danger" he said with a sly grin as the tree above the male shifted. Rin sent a silent thought to the tree above Nomadic to drop a fruit of two on the old male two fruit fell towards the male.

Shifting from the male, towards the fruit, the male's tail flattened against the earth, knowing that wasn't enough to sustain him.

"Nevertheless, young youth, don't get cocky, for life does not serve people who do as such nonsense."

Nomad is right, Rin. added Slipstream, who had mostly been watching the conversation go on. Powers alone aren't enough to protect you. You have to be smart. Kiera dropped in, saying, "If you are smart about using powers, that goes a long way. But luck still has a fair amount to do with it."

"Its better to be smart then lucky. Because if your that smart, you won't have to be lucky."

The male shifted, his massive weight shattering the ground as he slid sideways. his flanks scraping the ground.

(Short, sorry.) x.x

Jennifer stood rigid, still awestruck by the great nomad's massive size. Finally, she snapped out of her daze and sat down on a nearby stump as she waited for the trio's answer. "Wow...," she whispered breathlessly, "If I may ask, great dragon...how long have you lived?" The black haired girl's soft blue eyes were wide with curiosity.

((I need to get into this. *Bangs head a few times*))

Vrans had gone wondering around again as there was not much to do when he was around right now. He came across a few talking after a bit of wondering. He decided to listen in. It sounded like one had made a cocky comment and now was being told better smarts then luck. He listened in thinking he was hidden. Well at least he was behind a few bushes but forgot that just because your behind bushes does not mean your bright orange scales keep you hidden. A ways away or not.