silvrechan

The Valerian Chronicles

"No problem!" Kiera said airily. "I'm jus happy you found youself a bond. You've been searching for a while, right?" Slipstream came over and nuged Rin. Hello again, little one. Ready to go fishing? She asked.

Roderick and Runara were looking at Bruce, while the latter tried to find an excuse for him, having this book. Well, he didn't want them to find out how REALLY he have acquired the book. Thats why he said: "Let's wait with this and go to village, because I am reeeeaaaly tired to tell about it."

"Alright, fine. But remember: we will get back to this topic" - said Runara with chuckle. Roderick without any words went to village, while looking at trees to find 'arrows', that Slipstream told the trio about.

Soon enough they have located a village, and Bruce almost immediately found a inn. Walking to the owner of inn, Roderick asked: "Room for the three, please." - and looked at Runara and Bruce, making clear that they are the 'three'.

Edited by TheTron852

Vrans nodded his greeting to the 2 new group members. Well new to him.

((Guaa nothing more seems to come to mind for posting atm sorry sad.gif ))

((If you don't have 4 good sentences to post then you shouldn't post. It's against the rules to post as little as you did... -is only bringing this up because I was told to abide by this rule by an RP Approver person....-))

Minnie finnished with her story and figured it was time to deliver the children back to their homes, the first stop being the eldest and youngest of the group who's parents owned the town Inn. Carrying Elizabeth, the youngest, on her left hip and holding Eli's, the eldest's, hand she walked into the Inn, other children close behind. A bell chimmed to announce her arrival and chimmed again as the wooden panneled door swung shut behind the group.

"Good evening." she said in a quiet voice to the travelers and then to the burly man behind the counter.- "I've broght them back in time for their evening tea and snacks."

"Thank you Minnie, you're a good girl." Minnie smiled shyly and passed Elizabeth over the counter, Eli ran under the side of the counter and hugged his Father's leg, tugging on it and exclaiming his fondness for the day's events. "Take this for today's pay and get yourself something nice to eat from the Hurley at the bucher's shop."

"Thank you Donnavan." Clutching the coins she had been given and with a small wave goodbye to the children, Minnie propped open the door and shuffled the others outside. Next stop was Lacey the cherry redheaded child who always wore her hair in a french braid (courtesy of Minnie). Minnie went left of the Inn and headed down the street towards the small blue roofed house, holding the hands that first claimed hers.

((I hope it's okay to give names to the NPCs because it'd be weird to talk to them and not know their names when they live in such a small town...If you'd like, I can make a list of names for the different NPCs that are bound to be around a simple town like theirs.))

Edited by Chasilin

((Sorry I haven't been posting. It's just kinda hard because Rin is Jennifer's bond and he hasn't been on in forever. Yeah, there's not that much going on.))

(Hey everyone i'm back sorry I haven't been on it is my birthday and i've been spending a lot of time with family and friends can someone catch me up because i'm all lazy today)

Edited by dragon_shard123

((Noot much happened. You're at the road leading to the river with kiera, slipstream, vrans, and jennifer.))

Kiera smiled at Jennifer. "Have you and Rin met Vrans yet?" she asked. Without waiting for an answer, she turned to the magi and intoduced her friends. "Vrans, this is Jennifer and Rin. They only bonded a little while ago." Slipstream, meanwhile floated leasurly above their heads. Glancing down, she announced, I'm going to get the fishing nets. I'll meet everybody at the river. Vrans, rin, if you want to come along, I could use some help.

(ok thanks i'm gonna do small posts because its been awhile so i'll see whats happening)

"I will meet Vrans" he replied simply. He flew onto Vrans head "What is your goal?" he asked. Without waiting he flew onto SlipStream's head "Lets go I must know what a Fishy Neet is" he said

((Need to get back into this))

Vrans nodded and smiled a greeting to the newly bonded ones "Nice to meet you." he said then heard Slipstream in his head "Sure I could help." he said opening his wings and flew up to the same level she was flying at.

Jennifer nodded. "Yes, I think I remember him from out in the woods," she replied shyly. She turned to Vrans, the magi, and waved timidly. As Rin jumped from her arms to Vrans then Slipstream, she chuckled and continued walking. The river appeared in the distance as a thin blue line as the group approached the fishing spot.

Marie placed her hand on the back of the little boy beside her, taking her hand from his and moving to walk around behind him. Lacey was already holding out her arm and Marie, smiling, took her hand and approached the blue roofed house. It came as no surprise to the children when Mr. Munnichi came out onto his porch to meet hem as they neared. Marie held out her arm, still holding onto Lacey, and brought her forward to her father. Lacey let go and pranced up to her father, flaunting her braid. Marie had the grace to blush and smiled as if to say 'ah, children, what can you do?' but in a kind and laughing way. Lacey waved goodbye and Marie left once she'd taken the coins she was offered.

As the remaining children looked up at her expectantly she ruffled the hair of Bran, a skinny brown haired brown-eyed boy, and picked up his sister Deleisy, she had Brown hair and amber eyes.

"Mawiee?" asked Deleisy sweetly "Wiwll yuu pway wiff us tomwawow?" Her head dipped as she spoke as if to help her pronounce each word, it was adorable.

Marie smiled and pet the girl's head gently. "I'd really like that, Deleisy." After that a chorus of voices squeaked and chimed around her asking the same; Marie laughed.-"First, let's get you home. Tomorrow is tomorrow, and we're still in today." She spoke with he voice of a storyteller and all of the children danced and walked around her like a herd of sheep as she told a story of dragon riders. It was an old and well known story of the first dragons and humans who had bonded. Their feats were dramatized but that was the point of stories.

The day was getting later and the sky was gradually getting darker. Blues became pinks, oranges and various shades of deep and awe inspiring purples, they melted together and clouds were painted with the sun's bloodied death throws. Marie hugged Deleisy closer to get a better hold on her as the bakery came into sight.-

Bloodvein walked through the forest while eating a squirrel, He came across a camp. Not sure if it was human or dragon he curiosily walked inside. (Its the human camp.) He thought he heard a human nearby and concluded it was the human camp. Kindve eager to bond with somone so they could fight together he walked in looking for somone without a dragon.

((technically you can still bond with a human that has a dragon o.o It's said that a human can have more than one dragon bond but a dragon can only have one human. -felt the need to point that out-))

Before long the bakery came into view Dleisey squealed with delight, arms outstretched for the door but her brother had already pushed it open. They were greeted by the announcing chime of a bell alerting the baker and having him look up at them. A grin pulled wide on his face and Deleisy kicked her legs excitedly. Chasilin laughed and passed her to the flour powdered man beyond the counter. Bran tugged at Marie's arm and asked to be put onto the counter too. Marie nodded and hoisted him up, the boy spun on his rear and kicked his legs over, swinging them happily.

"Have a good evening Mr. Farn. Don't worry Deleisy, I'll come find you tomorrow." With that, she left the bakery holding the hands of Percy and Finessa, Amber was getting taller and was only three years younger than Marie. She stood almost as tall as her shoulder and often helped with the children. Marie smiled to herself and Percy tugged her hand to ask why she was smiling. She replied that it was because she was happy to be therewith them all. She was showered in giggles and 'I like being with Marie too's.

It wasn't far from the bakery to the flower shop and from there to the shop. Percy and Finessa were off with their parents and Marie was walking away with her well-earned pay from each of them and the baker, too. Amber was next, she lived at the forgery with her father and was in good practice. Her father didn't get a lot of business so Marie thanked him and left, she didn't need to take money from someone that could not afford to give it. She had been talked into accepting money from the other parents because they felt they needed to give her something and it did help her to keep herself alive.

Marie looked to her sides, all that remained of the group were farmer children, the butcher's child, and the architect children; 8 in total. Marie looked around to gain her bearings and set off for the butchery with Olivia in her arms; a pudgy, sweet-faced little girl with strawberry blonde curls.-

((I know, But he likes thinking of himself better than the other dragons. If he has a human to himself he gets more time with him/her... But thx for pointing it out anyway biggrin.gif))

((Sorry for my LOOOOONG break in posting. I NEED TO FIX MYSELF.))

"Yeah. It is up the stairs. Second door to the left" - said inn owner.

"Thanks." - nodded Roderick and said to Runara and Bruce: "Ok, let's go." - and the trio went upstairs. Finding 'second door to the left', they have entered and saw there three beds. Or rather two human beds (one was on the floor) and one bed for a dragon.

"Alright-o, I am immediately taking off to sleep. See ya tomorrow!" - said Bruce and went to the normal bed. There wasn't even a minute, when bonds have heard that he is asleep. "Ok then. Good night, Runara." - said Roderick, before going to the bed, that was on the floor.

"Good night Roderick." - replied Runara. She decided not to sleep for a while. Instead, she thought: "Too many events for this day. First, the darkling, then two humans with their bonds, then a magi dragon, that have 'knocked' Roderick out, and now Bruce, having a cooking book without letting us know! I wonder, what will happen next?"

Slipstream flapped towards the shack where most of the communal tools were kept, grinning at Rin. Well, a fishing net is a bunch of long, thin ropes woven together to create a fabric that lets the water and small fish through, but no big fish. Seeing the hatchlings confusion, she added, Just wait. You'll see when we get there. She soared forward on a stray breeze and continued, Vrans, I'll need your help to carry the weights that make the net sink. Rin, you can carry the box we keep extra bait in, in case fear isn't enough to herd the fish into our net. I'll carry the net itself. Any questions?

Vrans was about to ask about why the net needed weights to sink then remembered. Not all human items sink in water. He nodded as he was told he was needed to help carry the weights. "Ok." he said then tilted his head "How heavy are these weights?" he asked wondering as they flew.

Not that bad. Slipstream said, pulling Rin's head out of the bucket. I could carry four of them if I had to, but we only need two. And Rin, bait is the stuff you were eating. Pulling ahead of the group, she swirled in lazy circles above a hut on the outskirts of town. Everyone, land here. she ordered, then landed herself. This is where we keep the net and weights.

Vrans nodded where he was shown to land. He went in and landed better then he did last time. Last time was in a race and he had not slowed down in time. this time he did not hit the ground crashing. He looked at the nets and the weights. He picked one up testing its weight "I should be able to take these." he said holding one in a paw "not too heavy." he commented.

Jennifer immediately got to work, hurrying into the huts. She began to drag out the sturdy, giant nets and unroll them near the river bed. One after another she brought out until there were three long nets, laid neatly on the grass in a row. "There...now I don't know if we'll need all of these but just in case, I think this will suit us nicely," she commented, brushing off her hands in satisfaction. She couldn't help but laugh when she saw Slipstream pulling Rin's head out of the bait bucket. "Rin! You can't eat that or we won't catch any fish for sure!" she scolded, though still giggling.

Finally Runara went asleep, throwing away her thoughts for tomorrow. Right now she had to rest for the next day, as it was promising to be very hard.

After some minutes Bruce woke himself up. He checked, if Roderick and Runara were asleep, then quietly exited the room. "Phew. At least I wasn't caught by friends. I'd better hide my book, before they notice that I am out." - he thought and went out of the inn. Looking around, he thought again and decided to hide the book at the river. "Who will ever think to look for a book at the RIVER?" - Bruce thought, while going to his destination. He didn't notice that he was not alone. He thought up the plan: Alright, check of the plans: I'll hide the book, then I'll go to the inn and get some rest, then tell my friends that I have lost the book on a way to the inn, then I'll tell them that I need to go somewhere... fishing, I think? And then I'll get back the book, and everything would be nice and neat. God, that is one 'Mission Impossible'.

((Epic... Cooking Book Quest?))

((-skips through process of remaining kids-))

It was some time before Marie finished and began the long walk home. Luckily for her, Nejour soon could be heard, his wings beating the air as soundlessly as an owl's but the wind beneath them still whispered to Marie to warn her of his coming. Slowing she looked up to be met by the piercing eyes of her black alt bond. Without words they communicated in a way that only they could. Nejour bent low to the ground and Marie climbed atop him, settling in the space between the decorative horns on his head. Once she was situated Nejour took to the air, climbing high and then diving low so that his underside surfed inches above the pavement and dirt of the town. Using his magic Nejour connected his eye sight to Marie and she watched the world fly by in wondrous night-like divinity.