Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"My name is Icefire. At first, I didn't hate my parents. My mother treated me lovingly and my father would always be out hunting for us. That's what I thought… until I discovered the truth. One day, I snuck up on my father and mother. They were in a fight. I realized that my father actually wanted to get rid of me because I wasn't an ice dragon. My mother simply complied and treated me well for the time being to get my trust. However, she started to get attached to me and wouldn't let me go. My father then sealed her up in a huge chunk of ice. She couldn't even melt her way out. When my father caught me spying, he immediately froze me too. I spent three cold, long days before I learnt to melt myself out. Then it repeated again. And again. And again. I was only kept alive by drinking the melted ice and eating some foolish chicks who dared go close to my head. After a year, my mother finally freed herself. She was killed right afterwards after stumbling off a cliff and breaking her neck. My father was nowhere to be seen after that. He left me alive just to see my mother die..." Icefire was trembling, eyes glistening for a moment. Then, she forced a grin and said, "But that's over now! What about you?"

"I don't know if I even had a mother or father!" Mystery laughed.

Nightstar shook his head again.These hatchlings had a tough time.But not as tough as mine.He thought silently.He looked up at the sky."It's getting late.We should go."(Lets pretend it's evening?Or what?)

"Hey, can I come with you? I don't have anywhere else to go, and I don't want to be caught on white shadow territory," said Icefire hopefully.

((hey choco, reply to helium!))

(Fog was already gone,Dragonlunge.)

Fog flew back."Hm,I guess I'll check things out."Fog continued to fly around,hoping to find something interesting.

Steel watched as Helium sucked up the rest of the prey.Steel quickly ate his.

He ate in silence.Then,once he was finished,he got up."So....yeah......now what?"

Nightstar glared at Icefire."What!You want to come with us?"He growled."No." He growled slightly and glowered at the Hellfire-Ice Dragon."I thought you wanted to join a clan."

"Ummm... I dunno" admitted Helium.

"Well, the only reason that I wanted to join a clan was because I was tired of being alone. Truthfully, I'm not too interested in their petty fights," said Icefire.

Steel shrugged."Well,you can do whatever you want.I'm going to go."

Nightstar glared at Icefire."But now you change your mind and want to join US?Why?"Then he whispered to Mystery,"What do you think?"

Helium waved goodbye and just drifted there for a while. He thought hard about Steel's words. Maybe there were some dragons who wouldn't tease him. For now, he would just wait, living life as usual...

"Well, since we all have similar backgrounds, I feel like I can fit in more easily with you!" chirped Icefire.

"I don't know...It's up to you after all."mystery said cheerfully.

-------------

Aquos lay down."This means I can sleep here, right?"

Fog landed.He suddenly saw a shape....

This...reminds him of something...

As he leaned in for a closer looks,he shouted,"Night?!"

_ _ _

Nightstar glared at Mystery."You Seriously want to join.No offense...but you..."He looked looked at Icefire up and down.He was getting friendler to this hatchling,but he seriously did not think that he wanted her to join."You won't be able to adapt to our ways."

_ _

Steel walked down the path.The sun was slowly coming down.He growled and settled down.He let out a blast of fire;which mixed well to the setting sun.Steel watched it in amusement.

Night's head shot up as Fog called her name. She was so surprised at his appearance that she didn't move.

------------

"Exactly!" Mystery said,"It's impossible!"

"F...o...g... Fog! What are you doing here?"Night said in surprise.

((of course i already know, Choco, post on other stuff, too. OMG! HOW DID YOU GET THUNDER!?))

Edited by SoiledLove

"Nah, it's okay. I can accept anything. Personally, i don't believe in ideas of good or evil. Anyone has the capability of being good or bad depending on perspective," Icefire stated casually

"F...o...g... Fog! What are you doing here?"Night said in surprise.

((of course i already know, Choco, post on other stuff, too. OMG! HOW DID YOU GET THUNDER!?))

There's nothing else to post on. dry.gif

"Oh,just...taking a break."Fog smiled.He hadn't seen his sister for a long time."So,how are you Night?"

_ _ _ _ _

Nightstar glared at the Hellfire."You may come...but I don't like it,"He snarled.He whipped around and flew off.

((YEAH THERE IS!! good, bad eggs thing, dragon home search thing))

"Fog...I,I'm so sorry..." Night bowed her head.

-----------

Mystery smiled at the hellfire"That's how it is!" and she followed Nightstar.

Icefire smiled. She was good at infuriating others, and she knew it. She followed Nightstar and Mystery to who knows where. ((soiled, pls don't xiang wai))

((OMG you shouldn't have said that Glasses, U MADE ME XIANG WAI! I haven't xiangwaied for days))

((sowwee soiled))

Helium watched the sun set. It was a remarkably beautiful sunset. He wondered what it would be like to be part of a clan. "Nah," he said out loud. "Clan life just wouldn't suit me." And so, he retreated back into his bug-filled den.

Fog looked at Night,not saying a word.He preferred to leave those memories behind."It's fine,Night."He said steadily.

NIghtstar flew out of the White Shadow territory and landed on a tall tree that towered over the other trees.He looked around."You guys hungry?"He asked.

Night walked over to her brother. "How-now have you been doing lately?" She asked.

---------------

Mystery smiled,"Of course!"

((Hey guys, sorry for being inactive. I was under the stress of being in too many RPs, so I thought to quit a few to spend more in the others. The Light in the Shadows is the RP I'm quitting; sorry to disappoint you all.))

Atlas snorted and growled, "Fine, I'll let you go for now. But next time we meet, I'm pounding you for good! And as for being friends; Hah! Don't you dare think that I would associate myself with White Shadow scums like you!" The black magi flew off and left.

((That concludes Atlas's exit. Now I have to try to finish up with Bartine.))

Bartine saw the black dragoness tear out the blackberry bush and flew off with it. Then Selena went off to hunt a blackbird and killed it to bring it to Bartine. The pumpkin dragon ate the fried blackbird and said, "Mmm, that's delicious!"