Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The smile on Mystery's face faded,"Whatever."she said coldly to the other hatchling, then her smile returned,"Well, i thought you would be dumb enough so that I could trick you into joining the battle. How boring!"

Icefire looked at Mystery and cheerfully said,"Don't ever underestimate hatchlings!" Then, she turned back to the nebula. "Friend or not, I'm just complimenting your partner's talents. Besides, what's the harm in me staying right here?"

"What are you looking for?" asked Helium

"There is lots of problems staying here.Don't you know that those shadow walkers will defend their borders?You think that random dragons can just walk in and do whatever they want?"Nightstar growled."Well then,you are wrong." Nightstar then leaned closer."Of course,your just a littlehatchling,aren't you?"He taunted.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Steel looked at the sky. "Prey."He said in a low voice. He saw a large bird flying in the air.How foolish.Steel let out a blast of flame that reached high in the air.The bird dropped on the ground,scorched.Steel narrowed his eyes.The bird was a....hawk perhaps?"Not many types of prey come here;but it is ridiculously easy to catch them."He looked at the prey."Either that,or my flames must be really powerful."He tore of the birds wing and body.Then he motioned to the leftover bird."Want some?"

"Ah, but you see, hatchlings are much more talented than you think. Big surprises can come in little packages. Like Mystery. And you're here too. Doesn't that also make you a random dragon intruding clan territory?" said Icefire.

"Don't mind if I do," said Helium. He opened his great maw and sucked up the carcass whole ((á la Kirby)) and chewed for a moment. He coughed out a few feathers. "Are you part of those clan-thingies? Or are you just a loner like me?"

Mystery liked this hatchling, yet hated her at the same time, she ticked Mystery off. Slowly, while smiling, she started freezing the hatchling, first from her feet.

Icefire started to feel the chill of ice creeping up her feet. She widened her eyes, threw back her head, and... laughed. "Hey, the ice tickles my feet! Cut it out!"

"Why should we tell you?" Mystery replied coldy, The ice was reaching Icefire's shoulders.

Icefire allowed the cool sensation of the ice to creep over her heart. She was used to this feeling. She was frozen almost constantly by her father before he abandoned her. "Why not? It's not like I have anyone to tell. There isn't anyone that I am close to that I can tell. No one cares about me, so they won't believe me. I don't even have a grudge on you, so I have no reason to tell either."

Edited by greenglassesgal

Mystery laughed and stopped the ice. It was a happy laugh. "You are very interesting."

Nightstar watched the scene unfold.He glared at Mystery when she laughed.A happy laugh.Nightstar would start screaming by now,but he kept his mouth shut.This is Mystery,he thought.Nightstar never really understood her;was she on his side or not!It looked like she was making friends with this random hatchling.He sighed angrily.He decided to leave them alone and walked away,leaving them to chat.

Mystery saw Nightstar leaving, ignoring the hatchling, she followed him.

"You could've stayed if you wanted to,"Nightstar said gently.He never shown this side to anyone except for Mystery."You seemed happy talking to her."

Icefire sighed and used a small puff of flame to melt the ice. She followed them. "Wait up! I have something to admit!"

"Don't worry, I'm wholeheartedly loyal to you. I just thought she was unsual." Mystery said. then she turned to the other dragon.

Nightstar sighed.For once he wished that Mystery would be....independent.He somehow felt that he wanted to be alone,too.He shook off that feeling.He turned to Icefire."What do you want?!"He growled.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"I'm just… curious about you two," said Icefire. She looked at Mystery. "You two aren't friends, but yet you are incredibly loyal to the nebula. You could have stayed to chat, but you favored him over me." She then looked at the nebula. "And you," she said, "I don't even know your name!" She sheepishly looked around at the two glaring faces and said in an embarrassed tone, "Sorry about all those questions. I can't help myself! You are the first dragons I've spoken to since I was abandoned!"

"What."The Nebula felt sympathy for that Hatchling.That was VERY unlike him.He glanced at the hatchling."My name is Nightstar.You?"

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"I'm Mystery!" Mystery looked at Nightstar, she could tell that Nightstar felt sympathy, she smiled and said," You probably feel that way because we all have similar pasts!"cheerfully

"No,Mystery.You are wrong.I always hated my parents.And everyone else.I killed them,too."Nightstar laughed."But enough of that."Nightstar looked sharply at Mystery."Stop reading my expression,Mystery."