Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mystery had not let the fact that the golden wyvern had attacked her with her mind come to rest. Now, as the wyvern retreated, she used her just as powerful mind to ram into the wyvern's. Her fear vanished and the vortex gave her more strength to continue the attack. Her mind was unlike the wyvern's, it became more powerful in another's fear or surprise, her mind was cold and it absorbed the darkness around her to make it a torrent of cruelty.

((*headdesk* I'm tired, my errors will be common. Sorry.))

Sombra put more of her strength and so did Tenebrae into the shield, making it stronger then before. And making it so they didn't fly off the ground(though they were still sliding closer to it). Then, Sombra saw a bright object from to corner of her eye. Hold the shield, I'll be back, she said and ran over to it. She picked it up, and found out it was a shiny and pointy rock. She ran back over to Tenebrae, putting the rock down, and helped him with the shield again.

As Arcelia felt a mind touch her own she through up her iron defenses. The mind against her own was strong even though she could tell it was only a hatchling's. She thought of the vortex and it's power, maybe there was a connection? However, now was not the time to let her mind wander. She put strength on the walls of iron that blocked her mind and began to push against he other conscience. She kept pushing and flew to the ground where it was easier to concentrate. She dashed behind a rock where the she could avoid the pull of the void. She looked to her side and was startled. There was another hatchling right there.. She could not let the surprise weaken her defenses she.. had to... concentrate..

Icefire was surprised that Nightstar was capable of such raw power. She tried to send Mystery another head message, but she could feel Mystery's consciousness turn into pure coldness. She peeked up. The void was larger now, hungrily sucking up everything in its path. All she could do was press herself against the boulder and see what happens next.

" Thanks!" Hysteria flew out and behind the shield. " That's a lot of... Power." she stared at the void. She concentrated. Maybe, if I just get this, and... No, wait! There's a way to destroy this!" Hysteria would hate this, after all, being a shadow walker, but light had to do the trick. " Help me with this!" she whispered to so bra and Tenebrae, and started a light ball.

Out of the corner of her eye, Icefire could see a tiny flash of light forming. Someone must be trying to destroy the void! she thought. Settling back down in her shelter, she saw the golden wyvern sitting there too, concentrating. This wyvern had to be the one who was mentally battling with Mystery! "When did you get here?" asked Icefire, hoping to disrupt the wyvern's focus.

Mystery smiled as she realized the wyvern was fighting back. Her mind was getting pushed back. But her fear of defeat made her stronger and she remembered all those mental battles she had gotten into. That's right, her mind was made for devastating her opponent, that was the reason she could see others being tortured to death and not care, it was why she never fought in the face of her opponent. She might be weak physically, but her mind and magic were much greater sources of power.

Helium opened his eyes, only to find yet another world of darkness awaiting him. He put a paw up to his face, but he still couldn't see it in the dark. Am I dead for real? he thought. Suddenly, he could hear Steel calling him. "Yeah, it's me alright. I wonder where that pesky little hatchling went," he replied, noting that although he could hear him, he truly couldn't see Steel.

Where IS Icefire,anyways?

Steel nodded. Suddenly something hit him."Ow."Was it....a base of a tree?"Nothing here is destroyed yet."Steel smacked away the tree,annoyed."What should-CAN-We do now?We need to get out of here."

Huh.How did I get this power again?Nightstar mused.Ah yes.That hatchling.That...hatchling.That pesky little-Nightstar flew out of the void,black energy surrounding him.His usual gray eyes was burning red.Trees and other living organisms flew into the void.The Void was getting biggerevery second.He spread his wings and looked directly at the Golden Wyvern hatchling,his eyes boring into hers.

Mystery syopped her attack on the wyvern's mind and fogged her own. She watched Nightstar fly towards the hatchling.

Is Mystery outside or inside the vortex?

Nightstar let out a fearsome screech and sent a beam of pure black beam of dark energy towards the Golden Wyvern hatchling.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((mystery's inside the vortex, Icefire and arcelia are hiding behind a large boulder and are currently safe from the vortex. Also, is ther enough light to see others in the vortex, or is it complete darkness?))

Suddenly, Icefire saw a beam of dark energy heading for her. Knowing it was meant for the golden wyvern, she shoved her directly in front of the beam while she was concentrating.

-----------

Helium replied, "I guess that we can't really do anything for now. I can't see a thing!"

Hysteria snorted at Tenebrae and Sombra. Fine, I can do it myself then! she sent telepathy. The Orb was about the side of the void, a little bigger. She let it go into the void. The void stopped sucking things in. It started spurting things out. Once it did everything, it disappeared. Hysteria looked at Sombra and Tenebrae, smiling.

Edited by girlfairy76

Mystery was spat out of the vortex. She was mad. How dare they. She suddenly launched a widely ranged mental attack at everyone apart from Nightstar. Her mind was made for destruction. She let thousands of memories of others being tortured as she stood and watched flow pass their mental barriers. It was enough to make someone go mad.

Nighstar....he didn't have any emotion.He watched as the void became smaller...and slowly disappeared.Nightstar suddenly blinked.His red eyes were once again replaced with a stormy gray ones.He landed on the ground.Nightstar gazed around,his eyes far away.Then he his gaze sharpened as he glared towards Hysteria,eyes full of disdain.What a mere annoyance.I can always make it again.Nightstar just looked away,a snarl of contempt on his face.Nightstar was thinking.He COULD summon it again,but that wasted his energy.Instead he just looked at Mystery.

_ _ _ _ _

Steel slammed into the ground.Something painful struck him.Light flooded into his eyes.He shut his eyes painfully.Steel groaned."What happened...."He squinted. "Helium,you ok?"He turned to the massive pile of debris that the vortex sucked up.A dead bug.....lots torn of torn trees.....Grinded rocks....Sand,dirt,dust...Just HOW much stuff was in there?The pile was so huge it looked like a small island of trash.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Mystery barely heard Nightstar. How dare they take the darkness away from her! She doubled the strength of the attack.

Nightstar winced.He then thought once again.Destruction...would be nice.Though this time not a Void.Something else from space.....

Nighstar smiled.He prepared another massive attack.This would perhaps take all of his energy.A earthquake rumbled.A small(LOL changed) meterorite is coming-(Hey guys is this too powerful?Cuz I try to make this interesting)

Edited by ChocoBrownie

Icefire felt Mystery's attack suddenly hit her. Although she could tell that it was supposed to be powerful, they didn't really affect her. She had gone through just as much pain and suffering as Mystery had, so she was used to it. Suddenly, she saw a large meteorite heading for the battlefield. It was still quite a while till impact, but there was still no time to spare. She quickly deduced that the safest place would be near to Nightstar himself, so she tried to get closer.

----------------

Helium's mind was aching as the painful memories of the ice dragon hatchling invaded, triggering his own painful past. Roaring, he breathed out a mini whirlwind that was heading for Steel.

Some of the strain that Mystery's attacks were putting on Icefire had dissipated. Now, they were traveling in a concentrated beam of hatred towards the dragon who disrupted the vortex. Icefire took some time analyzing Mysterty's emotions. Apparently, Mystery was quite content in the cold, darkness of the void and was quite upset to have it taken away from her. Note to self she thought. Never approach Mystery when she is having a temper tantrum. Finally at Nightstar's side, she stated, "What a wreck. Just one tiny attempt in killing a dragon ended in such massive destruction... This is incredibly interesting..."

Nightstar tilted his head to look at Icefire who ran to his side.He laughed."Yes,indeed.And there is no going back."His eyes became serious.He motioned to the meteorite."It's coming.Disaster...."Then he glared at Icefire."And don't think that staying near me will make you safe.No,"He smiled evilly."But I'll wait until it arrives...."

__

Steel watched as Helium got up.He suddenly a huge whirlwind blew him away.His claws gripped the pile of debris but it was no use.The whirlwing blew Steel off and some chunks of the dirty debris went flying."Hey!What gives!"Steel landed a few feet away.Then he looked up."I think we have a problem here...."

Helium felt the intruding emotions fade away, his sanity returning to normal. He rushed over to Steel. "Sorry," he muttered, before his jaw dropped as he looked to the sky.

----------

Icefire was impressed by Nightstar's seriousness. "You know, after all that time I had been tortured, I've always tried to hide my emotions till now. Never knew that letting out some of that hatred could feel so good."

((Choco, medium and small(and mini) are allowed. Large is too powerful, and would kill every dragon. Remember, the island is small. Very small. Large is bigger then it. So change it to medium if you'd like, but large- just no.))

(Ok.A small meterorite then biggrin.gif)

Steel kept on staring at the sky.

Nightstar nodded.He was barely paying attention to Icefire;he was measuring the time which the meteorite would fall.

Edited by ChocoBrownie

((so would it be like this?

O<meteorite

_________

/_________\<island))

Icefire hazarded a head message to Mystery. Hey, a meteorite is heading your way soon. Please wrap up your wrath and rage quickly before everyone gets destroyed. Just lettin' you know!

-------------

Helium finally spoke. "Allright. You wanna get out of here or what?"

Edited by greenglassesgal