Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sombra didn't even flinch as she was pushed over, her wing torn. Standing up after he was pulled off and after he left, without reacting to the pain on her wing, she turned away. "I'm going to sleep," she said, curling up where she normally slept. She fell asleep quickly.

Edited by seacatsmew

Hysteria gasped and stared at the tear. " Sombra, are you really going to sleep? Your hurt!" She said. Lune watched, almost falling out of the shadows. This drama was fun. Very.

Sombra woke up quickly when Hysteria said something. She looked up. "Yes, I am!" she snapped, very tired and therefore annoyed. She curled up again and fell asleep. Tenebrae blinked. "I think we should leave Sombra alone..."

"But she's not okay!" Hysteria insisted. " And if she's sleeping, what will we do? There's still dangers, and shadow cats......" Lune's ears quivered when she heard Shadow Cat. The hatchling didn't know one was here. She liked Sombra's temper when she was mad, though. Maybe she would be allies with the White Shadow clan, maybe not. Lune was never sure herself.

Mystness whimpered, confused, as she saw Sombra's wing. She slowly crawled out of the eggshells, only to fall on her head. She got up as fast as she could.

"It's either we wake her up and get yelled at, possibly kicked out of the cave for now, or we leave her alone and see how she's doing later. You forgot, she can heal herself with shadows. So, we keep watch, I guess, or go to sleep," Tenebrae said, walking out of the cave. He flew onto the roof of the cave and sat down as Luces flew over, landing in front of the cave. "What happened-" She stopped when she saw Sombra, then flew inside the cave, landing at the back where the entrances to the other 'rooms' were.

Lune stepped back from Luces. She was close enough to her. Obviously, if this Clan had a Shadow Cat, it wouldn't need her. They had that other one— whatever her name was.

"But im not sleepy!" Hysteria complained. "I cant just watch her! I'll get boredddd. And the Shadow World only has adults, no hatchlings there. And she" Hysteria glared at Mystness. " Is WAAYYY too young for ME."

"Then find something to do in the cave! I can't watch over you; I'm both a loner and I have to keep watch! ...Okay, I don't have to, but it gives me something to do," Tenebrae said. "Why don't you go bug Syra? She's in the Healer's Room."

Luces entered the empty Shadow Cat room, wondering why there were no other Shadow Cats. She curled up, her eyes wide open.

Mystness blinked, and crawled into her eggshells. She curled up and fell asleep soon after.

"Ugh fine!" Hysteria growled and then went to the Healer's Room. "Syra, can I have a fruit?" She asked.

___

Lune followed Luces into the room for the Shadow Cats. "Hi." She whispered. Another Shadow Cat, she would be fine, right?

Shade was practically kicking himself. How could he have forgotten about that shapeshifter! Deciding that a grudge was in order, he began plotting his revenge...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thresh stalked through the forest, looking for prey.

Luces blinked, looking at Lune with kind eyes. "Hello," she said softly. "My name is Luces... What's yours?"

Syra nodded, pulling a basket off of a shelf made into the wall. She placed it on the ground. "What type, Miss Hysteria?" she asked, her fangs shining in the small bits of light that filled the room.

"Lune," Lune replied. This shadow cat wasn't hostile to strangers, atleast.

"Any type would be fine, Syra." Hysteria said.

Thresh, suddenly breaking through the underbrush into a clearing, spotted exactly what he was looking for. A dragon, not too large in size, was perched atop a cave mouth, which was lacking in activity. No larger dragons around to hear the small one's screams...

Tenebrae looked up, shutting his eyes. Hm... I wonder- His eyes opened before he could finish his thought and he looked at the ground. Why am I even thinking about joining? I will not; Cannot! he thought. Then he shook his head, getting rid of all of these thoughts.

Syra pulled a dragon fruit out, using a claw. "Will Dragon Fruit do?" she asked.

Luces smiled. "Nice to meet you, Lune. May I ask why you are here?" she said, her smile vanishing.

“Sure.” Hysteria shrugged, then took the Dragon Fruit from Syra and took a bite.

---

“Well, I saw you and those dragons. I don't really belong to a Clan. What made you join this one? I think I like it here.” Lune explained to Luces, shuffling.

Syra closed the basket and put it back up on the shelf. "What brings you here?" she asked softly.

"The other two were rude and only like evil ones... I was starving and I had to join a clan to survive. Sombra accepted me into here," Luces said.

[want to plan some big event, such as a large clash of the clans or something? At the moment, this Roleplay seems rather...blandish. Not too bad, but you get the idea.]

"Oh, it makes sense." Lune agreed. "I might join..... I'm thinking. The other Clans are my taste, a bit..."

"Sombra's asleep, and Tenebrae told me not to wake her up or anything and see you. " Hysteria sighed and took another bite.

((Sounds good to me. By the way. I'm back.))

"Ah. That explains it," Syra said, humming softly to herself. She turned to face Hysteria, sat down, and yawned, showing her fangs. "It's to be expected. She's had to deal with a lot lately. As you know, a lot of dragons disapprove of a hatchling leading a clan, and she's worrying someone more powerful might overthrow her... And scatter the members. That silly dragon tends to think more about the clan and it's members then herself." The white dragon shook her head, sighing. "...But Tenebrae senses this. She acts like she doesn't like him, but they're close friends. He was the first person she met."

Tenebrae suddenly froze. Someone's... He straightened and sensed Thresh.

((I want to join. I'll PM a form later... *Yawn* going to bed for now, though.))

((Y'all are too quiet.))

Sombra's eyes opened, slowly. She felt a pull. Confused, and still half-asleep, she followed it outside, and onto the beach. Then she snapoed awake. No one was there. But she couldn't leave; the pull was too strong. So she sat down and waited.

Zeditha walked through the forest, tail tapping on the ground. With a small flick, one spike grazed two rabbits, killing them without rotting them. She grabbed them as she walked past, towards the river. She liked to eat there; it was pretty.

((I have a new character... She's in the OOC- I posted her, too, so you don't have to find her in the mess of charries. And another Shadow Cat. And... The rumors about the human! Because the human may or may not appear again soon, I haven't decided.))

Suddenly, a Shadow Walker whose 'scales' were as black as coal and whose shadows were only a touch lighter glided down in front of her. She turned to face Sombra. Her lime green eyes shone with a dark light. "People say light is everywhere... So how about in the shadows, Sombra?" she asked. "How do you know..." But Sombra was cut short as the new Shadow Walker cried out. A Shadow Cat, only a child, emerged from her right. The new Shadow Walker smiled.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Pesadilla, also known as the 'Nightmare of Kaayshia Forest'... And this is Mariposa, my faithful Shadow Cat. We already know who you are," the Shadow Walker said, her voice as cold as ice. The Shadow Cat bowed her head slightly, her bright blue eyes never leaving Sombra. Her dark, almost black, blue 'coat' shone brightly.

"How do you know about that?" Sombra demanded. "We know many things. Like how Tenebrae sensed a Shadow Cat, hunting him... And how Syra's currently in the Healer's Cave with Hysteria... And how Luces and Lune are talking in your cave... And that you can barely move right now." Sombra tried to stand up, but she couldn't. Then she noticed Pesadilla was humming. It was that song that pulled her! "What have you..." Sombra began to say. "Save your questions for later. Mariposa, cage her." Mariposa bowed her head at Pesadilla and a large birdcage made of shadows captured Sombra. She smiled and tried to blend into them; But she couldn't. Her smile vanished. "What the..." "Mariposa's cages won't let anyone but another Shadow Cat break it or blend in. And it doesn't seem like anyone knows where you are! Mariposa, let's bring her home," Pesadilla said, beginning to walk. Mariposa followed, the birdcage floating behind her. Sombra screamed, a bloodcurdling noise that reached everywhere on the island.

((That was long...))