TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

The gendered hatchies are even more lovely than the ungendered ones.

There's one thing that is puzzling me though now that they are gendered. Why has TJ got four blue ones? I had thought when I first saw he had four that it was because there would be dimorphism in the hatchies as well as the adults thus he'd freeze one of each. But they are the same.

Apologies if this has been raised/answered but I can't go through 40+ pages of posts.

There's one thing that is puzzling me though now that they are gendered. Why has TJ got four blue ones? I had thought when I first saw he had four that it was because there would be dimorphism in the hatchies as well as the adults thus he'd freeze one of each. But they are the same.

Apologies if this has been raised/answered but I can't go through 40+ pages of posts.

There is dimorphism in the blue hatchies - the males have blue faces and the females have silver/grey faces.

Edited by inlaterdays

Nikki, I asked that question too, back in the beginning. I was told by a mod that it is because the Moonlight/Blue ones have a different sprite per gender, while the Shiny Gold only have one sprite for both genders.

TJ likes to freeze an example of each sprite.

Anyway, makes sense, and that's what I was told anyway. Hope that helps.

Actually, the male and female moonlight hatchling sprites are different. Just very slightly so. (The male's head is more blue, females is more silvery-grey/white. The male and females swirly markings on their front legs look a tiny bit different too from what I noticed.)

another drop and i'm still not fast enough for one gold ohmy.gif this is like holly hunting all over again unsure.gif

The new eggs are very pretty <3

I'm sad I didn't got one until now but I hope I will receive one ;D

Got 3 moons and 1 gold. Hunting 2 golds for now but miss them in every hourly drop... dry.gif

Just seeing this because I work and go to school >_< Hopefully I'll catch at least one of each! If not, looks like I'll have to barter wink.gif

Thank you to those who answered my question.

There is apparently diamorphism in the hatchies - it just isn't easy to see.

Gah. Misclicked again on two commons. I'm very grateful and thankful for this release, but I'm beginning to think that snagging a second golden egg is going to be all but impossible. Even yesterday when they were dropping en mass, the golds were few and far between. Well, I got one of them, so I can't complain, and I'll keep trying until I have at least one or two more, but God, what a royal pain that's turning out to be. :S

still no luck on the Moonies <<

Still no luck at all tongue.gif

Ate all my luck sad.gif----> alot.png

Edited by TotallyDrow

Gah. Misclicked again on two commons. I'm very grateful and thankful for this release, but I'm beginning to think that snagging a second golden egg is going to be all but impossible. Even yesterday when they were dropping en mass, the golds were few and far between. Well, I got one of them, so I can't complain, and I'll keep trying until I have at least one or two more, but God, what a royal pain that's turning out to be. :S

Least you have one. I have one moony egg! xd.png

Least you have one. I have one moony egg!

Yes, I am very grateful for the one golden egg I have. But I'm determined that come hell or high water I'm going to get at least one or two more. lol Catching the blue's isn't a problem, but the golden's are proving to be very elusive. It's ending up being a waiting game. Grab wrong egg, wait to release, grab wrong egg again, wait to release..and on and on and on... lol

Yes, I am very grateful for the one golden egg I have. But I'm determined that come hell or high water I'm going to get at least one or two more. lol Catching the blue's isn't a problem, but the golden's are proving to be very elusive. It's ending up being a waiting game. Grab wrong egg, wait to release, grab wrong egg again, wait to release..and on and on and on... lol

Totally agree with you smile.gif I caught two blues and I have one gold. I am hoping to snag another gold but it is rather difficult as our computer is older so not as fast.

The gold eggs are sparking the shiny mentality - OOoh shiny gotta grab it! laugh.gif

I will be happy with just one more gold then can have male female and others I can breed. It is just trying to catch. Almost a pity they aren't falling in at least one of the other biomes because then catching might be a little easier instead of having three hundred or so people vying for same eggs you might have 150.

Oh well sooner or later will get it, just a matter of time.

So has anyone gotten any of the new eggs this morning, as opposed to last night? ninja.gif

So has anyone gotten any of the new eggs this morning, as opposed to last night? ninja.gif

no such luck for me, i got 2 blue ones last night but those golds are still elusive unsure.gif

Whoa the Forum was down for the longest time! But now I can go back to egg-hunting and try and get the rest of my Golds. I've three Moons after gifting three more Moons to a friend. Was really glad to see that they ARE still dropping this morning and that I'll have a chance to fill 'er up with new eggs. Good luck to all egg-snaggers!

Yesterday during eavning i manage to catch one of each. This take about two hours but i feel my self satisfied. Hope they breeadable dry.gif