TLOSpyrogirl

DC Attention Span

I don't think this is a duplicate? o.O

My attention span is usually a grand total of ten minutes. xd.png I hop on to the desert at the hourly drops when I remember to, and I always click through the biomes and the AP.

The only time I've actually sat down, ignored my writing, and hunted was last Halloween when the Shadow Walkers were released...took me about thirty minutes to get an egg for myself before I dropped off to bed, and the next morning I spent another 30 minutes-1 hour catching three more. I spent about thirty minutes in the AP each day once Halloween breeding started, and although I saw the eggs, I just didn't get them. xd.png Good thing I traded for my Marrow and Pumpkin. Of course, as soon as Christmas breeding starts again I'm going to hunt in the AP. I've already got IOUs for three of the Christmas dragons (♥), but I'm going to try and catch/teleport to a friend and other people who need Christmases. And, of course, I'm hoping for a Holly. xd.png I'll probably spend two hours a day in the AP. xP

I'm also trying to catch a Leetle Tree and failing. Picked up a bunch of eggs in an attempt to move forward. Nada. >.< I'm still puttering about in the Forest, but I'm pretty much ignoring the biome and writing again. xd.png

Anyway, yeah, I have a really short attention span when it comes to hunting, although if I really want something, I'm glued to the site. At least for a few minutes. xd.png

I go on the hourly drops whenever I can (I almost always remember), and stalk the Desert for 20 minutes max or until it runs out. From there I check the other Biomes and lastly the AP. I can only ever spend 10 minutes at the AP unless it's a holiday. :3 Then I spend as much time as possible at the AP, and very little time at the Biomes.

When the hourly drops occur, I usually just sit there for 10 minutes.

ANd usually theres no rares, so I go and get chips, and I go the AP, since i react faster to pictures rather than words.

THe holiday season?

I would sit there at the maximun of a hour.

Hourly drops - 10 minutes. I always only stay there for ten minutes when my urge to grab the blockers and take them home gets felt.

On holidays, I can stay for one hour (10 minutes on the AP). At least really have a reason to stay there!

I used to have a tremendous attention span. I'd hunt for hours, sometimes days except for those necessary breaks.

Now, though, half an hour at best. I blame the CB metals. They pop up, I miss them, and then I don't feel like hunting any more. I swear, I cannot catch ANYTHING these days. Makes hunting far less enjoyable than it used to be. sad.gif

I have a ten second hunting attention span... xd.png

I have the AP (AP hunting is so much more interesting than cave hunting) open in one tab, and refresh for a few seconds before I get bored and go back to doing hw. :>

The only time I ever hunt in the main cave is when I randomly decide "Hey I should get a CB *insertspecieshere* and name it *insertnamehere*." And since said CB Dragon I go after is more often than not a common, it usually doesn't take long. XD It takes anywhere from 1-10 minutes, usually. Except for when I tried to catch a CB Magi. That took me five days. :|

I'd say I have the attention span of a teaspoon when it comes to hunting for eggs. I never even try to camp out for rares or what have you.

I take ages in the AP looking for rares or uncommons, coz I can't catch them in cave with all the desert lurkers so bred ones are just as good (if you can get them on the rebound when others toss them) Have gotten a lot of vamps lately - must be re setting their stats. Black seem to be making a comeback too, though CBs are impossible to get and all the AP ones have pig-dog lines, but I am hopeful one will hatch alt - and really after so long not being able to get any, I'll take it alt or not. Stripes are also appearing regularly, not to mention tinsels.

I might pop in the cave at some time, usually 15 to the hourly drop when everyone else is occupied elsewhere so I have a chance at a CB - it works sometimes, but not allways.

My attention span is relatively short, except during events when new draggies are being released.

Still, I swear I keep opening up the Cave in a tab every 5 to 10 minutes or so. -.-

I'll hunt for about 5 minutes, close the tab and do something else, then open it again and keep hunting.

My attention span is pretty good. I start off in the Desert right at the hourly drop, then, when all of the eggs are gone in the Desert, I switch to the Forest. The only time my attention span wavers is when (yes, I know. Great English writing there, lol,) my BF is playing Skyrim.

I normally can spend up to an hour in the Forest (after the Desert,) if my BF, dogs, or cats aren't distracting me xd.png

Hours. And hours and hours. But that's because I'm desperate for a CB metal. In the evenings anyway, when the hubby can watch the kids. I've missed so many, it's terribly depressing. During the day I'll sneak in 10-15 min on an hourly drop or two if the kids are busy. I did miss a CB silver when my 3 year old decided that instant was the time to shove a toy in mom's face that needed fixing...sigh.

I've always wondered, what's the deal with the Desert? Why is it everyone's first choice?

It all depends on the time/day and how much I want whatever I'm trying to get!

Must admit I usually go from one Biome to another two or three times and if nothing's shifting, I'm out.

I will hunt desperately for 2nd gen Christmases of past years. Someone already promised to breed me a 2nd gen Snow Angel on the nineteenth. Yippee! 1 2nd gen "old" Christmas down, 7 more to go...

I mostly look for those pesky reds or pinks because the former will make it a lot easier to get those trophies and with them more egg slots and the latter because they're simply useful. After I missed two or three of them, I usually give up and do something else.

I heard the desert is good because there aren't many dragons native to that biome, which means the odds of a rare showing up are higher.

Edited by kaagia

Fortunately, the dragon species I picked was a common one. xd.png

I didn't have to hunt very long to find my four little Canopy Eggs, though it took a few hours to get the right ones, but I only checked a few times each hour until I got what I needed. smile.gif

Ever since Halloween, I've gotten a serious ADHD attack..

for the first 10 minutes i can concentrate, but then everything goes downhill, i thought up a million things to do and before i know it... a few months passed without catching a single rare or uncommon egg from the cave >.<

Hours. And hours and hours. But that's because I'm desperate for a CB metal. In the evenings anyway, when the hubby can watch the kids. I've missed so many, it's terribly depressing. During the day I'll sneak in 10-15 min on an hourly drop or two if the kids are busy. I did miss a CB silver when my 3 year old decided that instant was the time to shove a toy in mom's face that needed fixing...sigh.

I've always wondered, what's the deal with the Desert? Why is it everyone's first choice?

Because most, if not all, of the rares drop there. xd.png

I stay for maybe about three min. tops.

And I can't stand switching through the biomes, so I usually stalk the AP or choose one and stick with it. tongue.gif

At hourly, drops, I usually pop to the desert for 5-8 minutes, or maybe the other biomes. When bored, i'll have a look in the AP until I find something to do.

Same. My attention span for the biomes is zero to none, but I can spend thirty minutes in the AP when I'm bored.

At hourly, drops, I usually pop to the desert for 5-8 minutes, or maybe the other biomes. When bored, i'll have a look in the AP until I find something to do.

^This

Unless there's a new release. Or holiday breeding. Then I am super-focused and annoy my husband. xd.png

My attention span, when there is no music to keep myself from dying of boredom, is probably a second and a half during the hourly drop. I get spurts of patience every now and then, and sometimes stay in the desert until the eggs run out. I don't have any patience whatsoever for most of the other biomes, though. xd.png

I normally hunt for about 2mins after the hourly drop. but once I hunted for 2 hours one evening just to find a red egg to be my 'Arthur Pendragon' for a lineage project LOL

During Halloween this year, I hunted for 5 hours straight trying to get enough Shadow Walkers for myself and my friend. I got 5, 4 of which I got in the last hour I was hunting. Super slow connection and computer but I eventually got the pretties.

When it's not a holiday though, I only hunt for about 10 minutes in the cave and then switch to the AP. I'll stay there for about 5 minutes and then close the tab and come back to the forum. I'm more addicted to the forum than I am the actual site. xd.png

Blessed Be! ~Rain