TLOSpyrogirl

DC Attention Span

During Halloween this year, I hunted for 5 hours straight trying to get enough Shadow Walkers for myself and my friend. I got 5, 4 of which I got in the last hour I was hunting. Super slow connection and computer but I eventually got the pretties.

When it's not a holiday though, I only hunt for about 10 minutes in the cave and then switch to the AP. I'll stay there for about 5 minutes and then close the tab and come back to the forum. I'm more addicted to the forum than I am the actual site. xd.png

Blessed Be! ~Rain

Heh, me too. I spend a lot mroe time here than I do on the site. xd.png

Edited by TLOSpyrogirl

5 seconds, unless I'm hunting for Holidays. Spent five hours searching for a Holly last year :u

Depends on what you mean by hunt. I will hunt for about 2 minutes steady at the hourly drop depending on what is more likely to be moving. After that, I will periodically check back in and watch some eggs that while aren't incredibly desirable, are likely to move soon.

How long I spend in the AP depends on what I am seeing, it if is all the same stuff, I am unlikely to stay long. If I am seeing a lot of good stuff, even if I am missing them, then I will stay longer.

I have terrible attention span, except for new releases. On average days I really struggle to hang out in the biomes or AP for more than a few minutes.

Impressive necro. Well done. laugh.gif

For me, it depends. I tend not to spend more than a couple minutes at a time hunting the biomes, because I really don't have that kind of time to spend; however, I'll refresh and refresh and refresh the AP, at least if it seems to be moving with any kind of speed, and during new releases, I will sit there for an hour without breaking.

I only hunt in certain biomes if they're moving, and others I never even really look in. I try to go on for hourly drops but I only stay like 1 minute after that.

I don't hunt in the AP for more than about 10 minutes at a time.

Recently I've been looking around the every biome for that stupid dragon hidden in the trees!

Usually about 20 minutes at a time starting 10 mins before an hourly. Other times just at random.

I have a terrible attention span in the biomes except during new releases. I have a rather large attention span when hunting in the AP especially when I see and sometimes catch hatchlings.

I am more addicted to the AP than I am the biomes. I find a lot of them go so slow due to the common eggs. I have found great stuff in the AP the only fun part is trying to click on it.

Have gotten cbs in it as well as a 6th gen. staircase Jewel shimmer egg!!! Traded it for a gold shimmer egg that was of the Lung Ying Jassith line. Some are messy so I toss back. Have also found dino eggs, golden wyverns, 2nd gen. silver eggs in the AP. One right after the other. Also CB pinks. At least in the AP you can see those as with the Biome seeing that description could also be for a flamingo egg sad.gif

Spend about 30-35 minutes in the biomes then from there the AP.

I used to spend 15-20 mins at a time hunting. Now with the Biomes in such a deadlock I simply don't have the patience. I'll pick up blocker to move things along and I hope spot something I want, but once I'm up to 6 eggs that's it for me.

During new releases - I will stay on until I catch my pair(s) of egg(s) - then, depending I will either log off and go do other things OR catch a few 'blocker' eggs if they are ones I like and the new release is in the same biome as them.

Otherwise - my hunting is usually no more than 5 minutes tops (be it AP or Cave) and it's either because A. I'm bored and want to see what's around or B. I realized I need something to balance my scroll that I'm missing.

On a normal non-release day I click through the biomes once or twice at the very most, or not at all. My hunting attention span on the AP however... that is directly linked to how much room I have, because I'll hunt until I'm completely locked, then try desperately to free up some room again so I can breed or keep hunting. laugh.gif

Only during the hour drops, my attention span is as short as a dog - Hey! Squirrel!

I used to spend hours hunting, mostly at night/the wee earlies, but the longer the Blocker situation continues, the harder I find it to keep going for very long, and really wasn't hunting the Cave much at all, for quite a while, except for New Releases and those I'd missed, having been off a lot this past year..

But I spend more time on the AP still, when it's moving enough to keep me awake, lol, even though I've had some very lucky catches in the Cave lately.

Just too boring refreshing the Blockers and I get sleepy...

I hunt at the top of the hour until the Biomes stop moving, for every hour of my free time (and some of procrastination). From there I move from Biome to Biome, usually until I get locked or the next hourly drop. tongue.gif I can go on like this for hours and hours.

I was very happy when I finally got all my Dinos, though—I was SO sick of camping around the Jungle all day for months on end. xd.png Generally speaking, I don't like having to stay in one place for too long: I like variety.

I also hunt at the AP when I am in need of low-time dragonlings. :3 It's fun.

I hate the AP cuz there are too many people with fast internet constantly refreshing - that means I never get anything rare and it pisses me off!!! Today I saw 2 nice lineaged silvers and a 2nd gen copper as well as a dozen hatchlings, which I only managed to snag one.

The Cave is much more rewarding, just in the past two days I snatched 2 CB silvers! Also, the CBs are much more rewarding than bred eggs. Depending on the mood of my parents, I can spend anywhere from 1 minute to 3 hours at a time. biggrin.gif

In the AP I usually hang around for 3 refreshes, then I leave.

I love hunting in the AP. There's so much variety and there's always something good passing by. Once I start I can keep on going and going, usually instead of doing some work...

I hunt the biomes only at the top of the hour and stop after they stop moving. Its different when at new released, then I hunt the cave till I get some of the new eggs.

I never really hunt for more than an hour....except for special releases smile.gif

Normally I take 15-20 minutes in the Cave, with a tab in the AP open. every 5 minutes on the 5 minute drop, I switch to the Cave; between the 5 minutes, I hunt the AP. repeat for about 1hr. Usually works out ok. smile.gif

At first I didn't really hunt much because my computer was so painfully slow that it was pretty much pointless for me to try. Now I have a new iPod and I'm finally able to catch stuff so more recently I can spend up to 40 minutes hunting. I never stay in one binome though, I always hop around. I haven't been AP hunting in a while either.

I hunt on and off for however long I feel like, anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. Unless I feel like grabbing random commons, then it takes me about 30 seconds.

I used to be able to hunt for hours on end, but now, I just occasionally do a quick run through of the caves. I'm more interested in the forums.

I can spend any time in the Cave ranging from 5 minutes to 1 hour. It depends on my mood and available time. And I don't just sit there at the hourly drops, but pretty much anytime, too, since I've caught great dragons in the past at all kinds of different times. I mostly lurk in the Desert, Coast and Alpine biomes, but check the others from time to time as well.