626lavaheart

City (or town?)

your opinion?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

think about all the major cities right now. Also in history were the first ctiies sprung up! it was by water and if possable by a delta (river meet ocean) sso it would only be logical to have the city in one of the deltas. I am kind of absine about this idea but I wont mind it if it happens. No a huge deal, maybe 20 mins from TJ life but he choose to start this site an also choose to maintain it.

I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either. As long as it stays a dot on the map, it's fine. We wouldn't need anything very noticeable because of the navigation menu.

You could also name it Vehim ("forum" in Saurian, the same cipher used for TJ's Thuwed dragons. New releases even used to be written in it, back in the day... the first one I was here for I eagerly sat down and decoded it, not realizing it was a well-known cipher and the same one was used every time. LOL!)

ETA: If we ever get an in-game marketplace (which would be awesome), "market" is Muhbok in Saurian, which also sounds quite cool. :-D

If this would be implemented, I support keeping with the Saurian name scheme.

I don't understand why this is being rejected so much, I guess it's that Role Playing in me that wants to make DC its own little world and not just a website.

Ah well. *sadface*

think about all the major cities right now. Also in history were the first ctiies sprung up! it was by water and if possable by a delta (river meet ocean) sso it would only be logical to have the city in one of the deltas. I am kind of absine about this idea but I wont mind it if it happens. No a huge deal, maybe 20 mins from TJ life but he choose to start this site an also choose to maintain it.

biggrin.gif thanks for noticing! I had that in mind when I selected places I thought this could be implemented.

alright due to the fact that you guys seem to want this to be a poll... :/

I've added one. I've also edited the 1st post to make it hopefully make it clearer to you guys what this is.

I've also added some of the ideas that have been floating around but kinda condensed it. because I was feeling a good agreement between several cities and too much clutter would be that it could instead be a link to a map of a city (birds eye view...) were you could click on buildings to get to game features or maybe certain popular sections of the forum...although this is what's already implemented in several games ... I think it's a good solution.

I think the idea of having a little city symbol on the map, where we can click to go to the forums, is interesting and wouldn't clog up the map all that much.

I don't like the idea of having different aspects, like an RP style. If the RP forum area wants to have a map like that for their RPs, then go right ahead. But that much detail, I feel, ruins the general setting of Dragcave.

And we can decide where the city goes after we decide whether or not to have one at all. ^.^

I personally think it should just be one link; a link to the forums. While it is redunant, it is also cute and I like it.

I think this would be a good idea, but only if in-game trading posts and such are developed. Right now, although I think one city might be nice, I think it would be unnecessary. We've already got a giant link right at the top.

Also; perhaps it could be called something like "The Capital" or something a bit less modern-sounding than "city"?

Seems kinda pointless to me, and might just clutter up the map. :/ Part of the charm of DC for me is the open-endedness of where you are and what's actually going on, so. . .

I personally think it should just be one link; a link to the forums. While it is redunant, it is also cute and I like it.

that's what I want really...

Also; perhaps it could be called something like "The Capital" or something a bit less modern-sounding than "city"?

>< it wasn't going to be called "City" it was going to actually have a name... like Cavetown or Evac...

thanks for voicing your opinions guys ^^ this place needs posts weather they're for or against!

I think this would be a good idea, but only if in-game trading posts and such are developed. Right now, although I think one city might be nice, I think it would be unnecessary. We've already got a giant link right at the top.

the Capitol of what country? the land in dc doesnt even have a name.

overall, i like the idea. its cute and shows that we do exist in terms of not being mentioned.

No means of being rude or disrespectful, but...

IMHO, it's useless. It'll take up map space and the map is already confusing enough for me. My choice is an all-out no. It would be worse for people who get confused even easier than me, even if it is hard to confuse me. Even if people do picture the forums as a big city or whatever, there's a big 'FORUMS' button right there under 'Dragon Cave' logo, people! dry.gif Is it that hard to see?

O.o

man I guess I should have this closed ^^;

I forgot about it... and it's pretty much gotten nothing but negative comments...........

O.o

man I guess I should have this closed ^^;

I forgot about it... and it's pretty much gotten nothing but negative comments...........

I like the idea. If you want to close it, that's fine. But just because people here dislike it, (and 14 people like it vs. the 16 that don't!), doesn't mean it won't be implemented.

I like the idea. If you want to close it, that's fine. But just because people here dislike it, (and 14 people like it vs. the 16 that don't!), doesn't mean it won't be implemented.

ya. wat he/she sed. i <3 this idea.

I don't like this idea. It's borderline too rp-intense for me, and I had to go on an extended hiatus from an rp site that burned me out. Yes, we have a life outside the cave, but I don't think it should show in-cave. Plus, this is a rather midevil place, so what's the point?

Plus, this is a rather midevil place, so what's the point?

I don't understand what a Medieval era setting has to do with the point of this suggestion or as an argument against this? o.o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't think that the forums should be linked as part of the map. It's a cute idea, but it would suggest that the forums are part of the game, when they are a separate entity. Although I encourage users to join the forums, it's not required of them and I don't want anyone to feel pressured into joining if they don't want to.

I'd rather keep forum and game separate.

Me too. There's a link to it on the cave page - that's enough.

I don't understand what a Medieval era setting has to do with the point of this suggestion or as an argument against this? o.o

It has everything to do with the suggestion. DC doesn't /feel/ like it's in a 'city era'. So why would we have a city?

e;; I'd be okay with a 'village' aspect, but that's about it. City feels too modernized.

Edited by Ashes The Second

It has everything to do with the suggestion. DC doesn't /feel/ like it's in a 'city era'. So why would we have a city?

e;; I'd be okay with a 'village' aspect, but that's about it. City feels too modernized.

There were cities in medieval times.

There were cities in medieval times.

Yes, but DC is inside a mountain. A city right outside it? Wouldn't it fall in the air? They way they talked about it, it didn't seem to make any sense. But, if nothing else, it's just too attached to the forum aspect. We have a forum button, that's all we need, imo.

i would not think city would be in the time area more like town or any other medieval type communities almost, give or take a little higher or lower than the medieval theme. but have a few more things than just getting into the forums. maybe a trade market, Role Plays only selected to dragon based or medieval things, ect.

-In game trade tavern or market would make it easier to voice your trades though to keep the forums trades open for detailed trades and gifting.

-RP about dragons or medieval things would be cool though.