DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

Windsong looked around before approaching Tyra and Grehyen. He gave Tyra a reassuring smile.

"You did well, Tyra. Don't worry your little head over such trivial things like words spoken when unconscious. Once you've had some water, everything will be fine and we can go back to the cave to rest and plan for the coming days."

He sat down, tail curled around his legs. He felt more relaxed, sensing no danger nearby. He looked over at Grehyen.

"It's good to see that Tobias is back to normal. I believe he may have been effected by Sombra's shadow power. She seemed to turn several of us against each other with it. When we get back to the cave, I would like to speak to you and the other older dragons as a group while the young ones sleep."

He looked at Tyra.

"I understand that you will want to help, and you will serve your clan in due time. But, for now, I would request that you rest this evening and allow me to fill you in on the details in the morning."

---------------

Siren stood up after resting for a while. She felt stronger, stretching out her wings and body experimentally. The day was waning, and the moon was beginning to glow brighter overhead. She gave her crimson wings a few cautious beats, getting the blood flowing and causing them to glow in the fiery light of the setting sun. The patterns swirled lazily, the nebula clouds drifting slowly over the delicate membranes. She puffed out her chest, feeling the power of her voice building. With a coughing motion, she spat out a burst of ear-shattering sound, the blast producing a visible wave of air and tearing the bark off of nearby trees as she expelled the energy and cleared her throat. She looked at the damage done and winced.

"I hope no body was in the way," she muttered, looking around to make sure she hadn't knocked some unwary passerby unconscious.

((Yeah, Bob.))

Sombra disappeared from Fyrefly's dream. She started running, running away from the Clan Cave. She needed to think everything over. She bolted past Tenebrae, and into the Ensia Forest. She went as far as she could, and sat down near a cave covered with vines and plants. She walked inside, and looked at the nest. She had a flashback...and when she opened her eyes again, she knew the cave she was in was her family's cave. Sombra curled up in the nest, silently crying. When she stopped crying, Sombra stood up. Tenebrae was standing at the opening of the cave. "Sombra-" Tenebrae started, sensing it was her family's cave. "Tenebrae, come in. I know you are also a loner now," Sombra said before he could finish. "No, I must leave. I just had to say..goodbye." Tenebrae disappeared just like he appeared, silently and unnoticed. Sombra fell asleep.

Tenebrae ran away from Sombra's family's cave, not looking back. He knew he needed to give himself a new name, start a new life. Only he loved his name, and how the letters blended perfectly. He continued running until he hit a cave behind Mystic's. Tenebrae dived inside, shivering in a corner.

Mystic dived down, nearing the cave. She could sense a hurt dragon. She landed in front, and looked at Trentum. "Are you ok?" she whispered, trying not to scare him.

Tyra bowed her head in respect for Windsong. "Y-yes...I understand....thank you so much, Windsong." She then lifted her head and smiled at him. Suddenly, she remembered something she'd been forgetting to ask Windsong about since the war against Sombra started. "Uh, Windsong?" she began quietly, "Has there....been any more word from....from that other ice dragon?" She looked at the ground timidly.

Windsong turned to her.

"Oh, yes, I've been meaning to talk to you about that."

He gave her a smile.

"That dragon, he called himself Tuurngait. A magnificent creature he was; so strong and radiant. He was wounded when I cam across him, but the way he spoke, you would think he paid it no mind. 'Messenger,' he said, 'Proud Scout of the tan scales, tell me, did a young ice dragoness make an appearance at your safe haven?' To which I replied, 'I am unsure. What business is this of yours?' He said, 'Tell her, I'm sorry.' After having said that, he flew off. Back to the battle, I'm sure."

---------------

Siren swished her tail, the glittering red fur at the end matted with blood that may or may not have been hers. Upset at this, she splashed her claws into the river and made an effort to clean herself up.

Trentum hadn't realized he'd reached Mystic's cave. I remember being here... With Tyra... he thought, smiling a little at the memory. "Yes." he replied to Mystic. "I just... fell..." he added, not sure how to make it sound less odd. The words were, after all, coming from a creature with wings. "Something's wrong, I think. With my wing." he mumbled, lifting it a little before letting it fall again. The other was tucked neatly against his body.

Fyrefly could just barely see Sombra run off before she couldn't see the Shadow Walker anymore. She felt the tears come again, colder than ever. They froze to icicles at her cheeks. Her emerald eyes dulled at the pain in her chest. Before they'd glittered with light and happiness. Now it seemed as if the joy was whisked away with the wind. With that, Fyrefly woke up. She was still in the Shadow Army's cave, and forced herself to get out. Tears were still drizzling down her face.

Mystic nodded. "Trentum, stay still. The wing injuries are harder to heal," she said. With a soft flutter of her wings, she made a glowing ball of light. It flew into Trentum's wing, disappearing. Mystic blinked, almost falling over. She slowly walked to a pile of things, things useless and useful. She pulled out a branch, a moss sheet, and a dried-up cup of mint leafs. "If your ready, you can leave," Mystic said, still looking in the pile for something.

Sombra became alert of a sound, a sound far but close. It sound faintly like tears falling down. She stood up, and started running towards the noice. Sombra stopped and hid when she saw it was Fyrefly. I can't go over there! I promised I wouldn't go near her! Sombra thought, turning invisible with fear. She waited for Fyrefly to leave the area.

Tenebrae started listening to Mystic and Trentum, listening for any special news. No luck. He walked silently back into the cave behind, thinking to himself. Why did I just leave everything I've known behind? I'm not a loner, I could be in the cave. Why did I choose this?!?!?!? Darling, remember. His mother's voice echoed through his head. He then remembered he was Sombra's guard, the one supposed to help her. Tenebrae bolted out of the cave, making dust and dirt fly. He kept running towards Sombra's cave though, not stopping for anything.

Fyrefly clumsily stomped out of the cave, hitting the walls once or twice. Sombra... Sombra... Am I... why am I hurting so much? I can't remember a thing, yet there's a tugging inside me... Telling me... -Go back, Fyrefly. Return to her.- she thought, her conscience poking at her again. She... No... She tried to kill us. I can't return to her. I never will. -Grow up, Fyrefly. Forgive her. The real Sombra...- but before her conscience could finish the words, she found she couldn't grasp at those memories. Who is the real Sombra? ...Who is the real Fyrefly? she wondered. -Sombra... She probably misses you... You'll break her heart...- She tried to break my friends! -Do YOU forgive her?- I... As soon as Fyrefly realized she was outside, with a jerk of her head, she nearly fell into the river. Fyrefly yelped, freezing over a patch of water. The little ice chunk floated along the current, bringing her right to the clan cave. Fyrefly hopped off of it before the fork in the river. "Guys?" she called out.

Trentum nodded. He felt energy seep into his wing. The pain began to fade away, bit by bit. He exhaled in relief. The pleasant, tingling feeling spread all over him. He saw his wounds healing. His scales were a little scraped, but he didn't feel the pain anymore. Trentum grinned. It would be quite an amusing story to tell. I was flying, when I fell and hurt myself. How many dragons would wonder how he'd fallen? He DID have wings... Trentum laughed a little.

Lotus was asleep by the river. Siren... She... I... She's okay... she thought in her sleep. The Purple mature had realized the Nebula had left her... How long have I been sleeping for? she thought, waking up. "The war... I've been asleep for a long time. Like some fairytale dragon." she muttered, stretching her elegant wings. Lotus strode along the river, and spread her wings, soaring over to the clan cave.

Edited by Anquatic

Grehyen listened as Tyra spoke with Windsong about another Ice dragon he had spoken to. He respectuflly remained silent since he did not understand the circumstances of the situation and didn't want to upset TYra by interrupting to ask.

Tobias returned shortly, draging the large leaf filled with water and soaking wet himself. He drug the leaf up to the other dragons but did not come between Tyra and Windsong as they spoke. He then turned his attention to Grehyen who was trying his hardest not to laugh at his drenched friend, Have some trouble? he asked through thought speech.

Shut up. Tobias snapped back. He licked a a small cut on his foreclaw from having fallen into the rocky stream while trying to fill up the leaf.

Tyra's eyes brightened up and she nodded. "Thank you, Windsong," she told the noble ridgewing. Hearing Tobias, she turned around to face her friends, quite relieved that Tobias was successful in bringing water. "Oh, you managed to get some water!" she exclaimed, quickly padding over to him. She leaned down and drank thirstily from the leaf but then noticed the cut on Tobias's claw. "Oh, you're hurt...!" she pointed out, concerned. She knew that Tobias had been under the control of Sombra and he never meant to hurt her. As she tended to Tobias's cut, she saw Grehyen's expression. "Is there...something you'd like to ask me?" she inquired, looking up at him with her violet eyes.

Sombar sighed as soon as Fyrefly left. She darted back to her cave, only to meet up with Tenebrae. "Oh..hi..Tenebrae.." she said. Tenebare looked at her seriously. "What is it?" She asked. "I am oing to find out where Fyrefly went, and act as her conscience-" he started. "Tenebrae, that's impossible. You know she'll..never...forgive..me..." Sombra curled up tighter, softly crying again. Tenebrae sighed and stood guard at the opening.

Mystic wondered what Trentum was laughing about. She flew out of her cave, carrying a bowl. Mystic filled the bowl and carried it back to her cave, building a fire and using two branches to hold the water over top. It boiled after a few minutes, and Mystic dropped some mint leafs in it. She waiting for the tea to be ready.

Trentum blinked. "I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks. I'm going to go back now... To let the others know that I'm okay." he said, his bright green eyes glowing. Tyra... I hope she's okay, too. he thought, a sting of guilt pricking at him. I... what if she's hurt? I wasn't there for her... he thought. Trentum stretched his limp wing. It was a little stiff, but the echoes of pain were dissipating. He refolded the wing and got up. The Black dragon glanced back, then trotted out. His pace quickened as he neared the cave. With a skillful leap, he landed in front of the cave. "Fyrefly. Lotus." he whispered, filled with relief. "Tyra? Tyra are you here?" he called, looking around with purpose.

Fyrefly smiled at the sight of Trentum. He looked better than before, as if... She sniffed gently. Mystic. the Gold dragonness thought. He got hurt. But at least he's okay now... she thought, lying down by the river. Blades of cool grass carressed her as they swayed in the subtle breeze. Everyone... I hope they're all okay... -Not Sombra. You let her go. She didn't want to.- Fyrefly frowned. Stop bothering me... -I AM you...- Why do I feel so guilty...? Fyrefly felt the cold water and icicles returning.

Windsong nodded his head to Tyra, before quickly turning it at the sound of someone calling for the ice dragoness.

"Tyra, I do believe our friend Trentum is looking for you," he said. He beat his wings a few times, rising easily into the air as he looked around for the black dragon. He spotted him near the cave.

"Come on, let's go see what news he brings, hmm?" he said, starting off toward the cave. Along the way, he happened across Lotus.

"Oh thank the stars above, you're alright!" he said. He noted that she looked a bit sleepy, as if having just risen from a nap.

"Are you...okay? Come on, we're all heading back to the cave. I'm going to need to speak with you and the other adults once the little ones have been put to bed for the evening."

Mystic smiled and nodded. "Goodbye, Trentum," she said. She continued waiting for her tea to be ready, staying quiet.

Sombra continued crying silently, and Tenebrae bolted away. He needed to get Fyrefly-fast. Sombra had looked like she couldn't live her life without friends. Tenebrae didn't stop until he reached the clan cave, covered in leaves and vines. He looked like a different Shadow Walker. Tenebrae had already thought of a name to use, a fake one. Benerate. he thought. "Hello? Is anyone here?" He called out.

Sombra in fact didn't want to live without friends. She didn't want only one friend, either. Sombra was a social creature, and she didn't mean to hurt her friends-or anyone else-ever. Sombra waited for Tenebrae to return while softly crying.

Edited by seacatsmew

Fyrefly had been nibbling at the tips of grass blades, absently watching the river. "You..." she muttered, studing Tenebrae. "I... Hey, I know you..." she mumbled, squinting in thought. "You're... Umm... You... Never mind, I don't remember. Sorry, maybe I don't know you after all." she added, muttering. Fyrefly sighed. Too many of her memories had gone.

Trentum cocked his head. There were three Shadow Walkers around here? Sombra, Tenebrae, and now this new one? He also wondered why this dragon was covered in random foliage. It would be rude to point it out, though... Trentum kept quiet and continued to call for the young Ice dragonness. He spotted Windsong. "Oh. Hello." he yelled.

Lotus paid no attention to the visitor. The hatchlings didn't look worried. He was likely no threat. The Purple she-dragon landed on top of the cave gracefully. She watched, sort of. Just to make sure this Shadow Walker wasn't going to try to hurt the hatchlings...

Edited by Anquatic

Tyra turned to Windsong as he mentioned Trentum was looking for her. "Trent?!" she said in surprise, jumping up. Straining her neck, she listened for his voice. There it was; he really was calling for her! "Trent?! Is that you?" she called back, hurrying off in the direction of her friend's voice.

Tenebrae smiled slightly. As long as Fyrefly didn't remember him, he would be fine. "Hello. I am Benerate, Shadow Walker of the Ensia Forest. Is anyone by the name of Fyrefly here?" He needed to seem unknown, and that he didn't know who Fyrefly is.

Trentum smiled upon hearing Tyra's voice. She's okay, she's okay... he thought, filled with relief yet again. "Tyra..." he whispered. "Tyra!" He bounded towards her, wings flapping, adding a skip to his gait. I can't believe it... Nothing, really, has changed... His smile grew ever wider upon seeing the Ice dragonness.

Fyrefly thought for a second. She ignored Trentum's cries, trying to dredge up a little bit of information. Nothing came, though she had an odd, small feeling in her head... "Greetings, Benerate." she said in an Old Dragon accent, what she used to speak like. "I am Fyrefly." she added.

((When I say Old Dragon, like an ancient language. Think Medieval.))

"Trentum!!" Tyra cried back in joy. Taking a running leap, she tackled him in a sort of hug. "Y-you're alright! I was so worried, w-what happened to you? Where have you been?!" Her violet eyes sparkled, just happy to be reunited with her dear friend.

Trentum felt his cheeks warmed as he hit the ground with a soft thud. "I... I went out for a short flight. But then I kind of... fell... Mystic healed me, though." he tried to explain. Trentum smiled. "And how have you been doing?" he asked. "Got any, uhm, injuries or anything?" he asked, trying to make the words sound like normal conversation. It was difficult, even after the battle. Its memories lingered in his head...

Tyra finally let go of him and sat back, smiling. "I-I'm fine...I had a torn wing but Grehyen, Tobias, and Mystic took good care of me. It's all healed now," she explained, unfurling her once injured wing. "I'm glad you're ok. I was really worried....I-I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have....h-have left you there..." she said, her voice becoming sad. She looked away shamefully, closing her eyes.

Grehyen and Tobias continued their little mental argument with Grehyen constantly prodding at Tobias's clumbsiness for falling into the stream.

"Thank you Tyra but that was just a little cut. Nothing to worry over." Tobias said when she noticed his cut. He and Grehyen kept their eyes locked as they continued their mental argument. When Tyra ran to greet Trentum the two closed on eachother growling. They rammed foreheads and stood glaring at eachother and growling.

Grehyen's frills started rattling. "You wanna go songbird?"

"Any time frill neck!" The two teenage dragons continued their faceoff for a few seconds before breaking into a fight. They rolled across the ground biting and clawing and snarling at eachother.

Edited by Drakossozh

Tyra suddenly turned at the sound of a fight and saw Tobias and Grehyen on the ground in a scuffle. "Uhh...excuse me for just one moment, won't you Trentum?" she said before hurrying towards the two fighting dragons. "HEY! Will you two knock it off?!" she growled, jumping into the spat. She shoved the two dragons away from each other, then froze both of them to the ground. "Enough!! It was bad enough when Tobias was being controlled by Sombra!" she nearly shouted, glaring at the both of them. "I've had enough trauma for one day and I do not need to see my two friends at each other's throats! Is that clear?!" The teenage ice dragoness's long slender tail flicked back and forth in annoyance as she scolded the two male dragons.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Grehyen and Tobias both turned to look at Tyra when she started scolding them, like two children caught misbehaving. They still had their claws dug into eachother and their jaws locked around one another's limbs. Their eyes flicked from eachother to Tyra and back again. Tobias was the first to relax his jaws and the two separated and shook themselves off.

Grehyen rattled his right frill to break a twig which had jammed in it during the fight and Tobias began to pick leaves out of his scales. They both had a few scratches and bite marks on them but neither was seriously hurt.

Grehyen spoke up, "Sorry Tyra. We get into fights like that all the time."

Tobias rolled his eyes, "You start them all."

Grehyen smirked, "I finish most of them too."

Tobias hissed and tried to get back at Grehyen but was held fast by the ice Tyra had frozen them both in place with and only succeeded in losin balance and falling over. "I'm only two behind you Grehyen and with this one we would have been closer to being even."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself to help you sleep pal."

The two glared at eachother again but since neither could move the couldn't attack eachother again.

Tobias then looked to Tyra, "We weren't seriously fighting, but you have our word that we won't fight anymore today." Grehyen nodded in agreement and tried to shift his weight to get out of the ice but was just as stuck as his ochredrake friend.

Tyra looked into both of her friends' eyes the replied, "Alright, if you give me your word..." Then with a wave of her tail, the ice that held the two dragons in place melted. She walked to Tobias and helped the orchedrake to his feet. "Thank you bringing the water earlier, Tobias," she told him, smiling and giving him a gentle nudge on the cheek with her muzzle. She then strolled to Grehyen and helped him up as well. "and...thank you for being there for me," she told him quietly. She nuzzled his cheek quickly with her nose before backing up towards Trentum. She looked away to hide the slight change in color on her cheeks.

Windsong drifted in on the breeze, settling down at the cave. He looked around, spotting Siren at the river.

"Siren...?"

He walked closer, unsure if it was really her. Upon closer inspection, he was able to confirm it.

"Siren!"

-------------

Siren looked up, only to be bowled over by an over-enthusiastic tan ridgewing. Thinking it was an attack, she threw the lighter dragon off of her and flared her wings. Only when she recognized him from the battle did she calm down.

"Oh, it's you. Don't sneak up on me like that."

She sat and rattled her scales, feeling goosebumps rising beneath them.

"Sorry," he said. "I was just so happy to see you alive."

"At least someone is," she sulked.

"I remember where I know you from," Windsong said.

Siren looked up.

"What? I thought we already-"

"No, I know, but I knew from the moment I heard you singing...You're the little nebula hatchling I used to play with when we were younger. You were my first friend."

Siren cocked her head. She faintly remembered a little tan ridgewing attempting to play with her, but she was always so sullen after her sister died that she never really paid any attention to him.

"Windsong..."

She sat down, confused.

"But...I thought you-"

"Died? Yeah, so did my parents when they didn't come back to find me at the cave. I got lost wandering in the woods and had to live on my own for a while before finding the cave again."