DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

Siren winced, then gasped as she felt her rib snap back into place. She twitched her tail and endured the pain before it slowly ebbed away. She felt a little stronger, her bleeding having stopped. She looked over at her charred wing, and found that it had been repaired. She quickly rolled up onto her own two feet and shook herself off. She would need splash in the river to rinse away the blood from her scales. But first, she needed to see if she could walk yet.

Taking one heavy, shaking step forward, she managed to shuffle herself toward the entrance of the cave. With one foot in front of the other, she was able to make it out into the blood-spattered grass. She looked sadly around before making her way toward the river.

------

Windsong looked at the white dragon with confusion.

"I've never seen you before," he said, raising his spiny wings in alarm. "Who are you? State your business."

-Feeling utterly ignored the three dragons came together and looked amongst themselves feeling a little like a sore thumb. All at once a revelation occured to each of them. Something wasn't right. When they finally took the time to notice and really look at their surroundings. They were taken aback.

Oriouse shifted uneasily and his eyes, for a fleeting moment, revealed grief and devastation. He would not admit his worried but that was no problem. The others expressed it visibly enough for the three of them.

Risah wanted to cry, her eyes glossing over as the waves of dispersed energy rolled over her, the result of a battle. From where they stood they could not see much but they could hear plenty.

Ob had the face of a child who was just struck on the cheek, the expression just before the tears. He was completely absorbed by the terrible happenings that he almost melted there on the spot, wanting desperately to disappear into the earth to hide from the pain that could be heard in the cries and in the voices of dragons in the distance. It's commonly known that Sunsong Amphipteres are considered to be a symbol of hope and good fortune. Ob also knew this, and feeling as though he needed to do something he began to think. The more he though the grater his chest expanded, and in a burst of raw emotion he let out a tremendous roar, his body lurching into the air. In the light his body was spun of glistening gold and it twirled through the air, twisting in and out of rippling patterns. As he weaved through the clouds he continued his bellowing roars for all to hear. He wanted them to see him. To look at him and feel hope. If he could do that much then he would be willing to cry the cry of hope forever.

Risah and even Oriouse watched in awe, a small smile pulling on their mouths. That's the Ob they knew and loved.-

Edited by Chasilin

Mystic looked at Windsong, bowing slightly. "I am Mystic, White Dragon of the Ensia Forest. I sensed pain, so I came to see. I came to heal, I mean no harm," Mystic said. "Is there any way I can help?" She asked.

Siren looked up at the three newcomers, then at the one who flew up into the sky, as if dancing.

"Tell your friend to calm down. We've been attacked once, we don't need to attract more attention to ourselves in our time of weakness," she hissed, her usually-good temperament soured by the battle. She continued to the river and splashed water onto her scales, sighing as she laid solemnly at the river's edge.

---------

Windsong narrowed his eyes.

"While I am all up for a helping hand, now is not a time for being hasty. Where did you come from? Did someone send you to infiltrate us?"

Mystic looked at Windsong with confusion, then sighed slightly. "I came from the Ensia Forest. I am not here to infiltrate." Mystic said, then thinking about her gem that she brought. "If I show you the gem my parents gave to me, will you believe me? I also brought the note." Mystic opened her wing a bit, and moved apart some of her feathers. A shining gem along with a note was there.

Trentum was surprised to see Tenebrae. He followed me... he thought confusedly. "I see." he murmured contemplatively. "I was just coming out for some fresh air. I'll return later." he added absently. The Black dragon stared at the sky, and closed his eyes, feeling the cool mountain wind on his cheek. He shuffled his wings about, and turned back to the rugged surface. Trentum climbed higher, aching to see the peak. He loved heights. He curled up on a cliff, just watching the sky. What he wondered, Is happening out there? How is the war doing? Are the others okay? he thought to himself. Trentum took a deep, shuddery breath and flared his wings to the land. He jumped off of the mountain, shooting off it and gliding a bit for a moment. A stab of pain suddenly coursed through one of his wings. He yelped in horror as it instinctively crumpled, and he began to fall. Trentum landed on a tall evergreen tree. Its needles scraped along his shadowy scales as he tumbled down, snapping many branches along the way. He landed weakly with a thud. This is the... the forest by the cave... But... which part of it? I've never been in this section before... he thought, feeling helpless and agonized. His wing was hurting like never before. Trentum gave it a sad lick. What's wrong with my wing? he thought shakily. Trentum lifted it gingerly to look at it. He couldn't see anything out of the ordinary on the limb or membrane. Maybe something hit me in midair. Or it was something inside my wing. he thought. But, after the fall, Trentum was too tired and hurt to move forward on paw. He curled into a tight little ball under the tree.

Fyrefly was groggy. She trotted about in her dreams, a mere figure in a flat, grassy land. The trampled blades of dull green created a bouncy mat for her shimmering paws as she tread across it, with no purpose. She felt light, like a ghost. Fyrefly wasn't sure why she was in this odd place, that she could see no end to. The sky was scaring her a little. Unmoving clouds floated on an eerie purple-indigo sky. Suddenly, a soft voice echoed from nowhere. And as the strange dream was penetrated, trees sprouted, wind blew, grass grew, the clouds moved, the sun appeared from behind a new mountain... Fyrefly was terrified. The voice, though... It was speaking. It was Sombra. Fyrefly cried out in terror. Wait. It's Sombra. Why am I scared? I can't... My memories are so blurry... I can't quite reach them... It's like my claws can scrape at them, but... Sombra. Why is her voice scaring me? Why?! she thought, filled with inner conflict. I can't remember..anything, really. I just hope..I hope you can remember. was all she heard. Fyrefly was shaking in horror, wailing out loud in her dreamland. Remember? Remember what? What is it that I'm forgetting? I can't... I can't remember... All I know is... Sombra did something to hurt me, or my friends... She'd never do that, but then why do I feel so scared? she thought. But I love her. I can't be scared of her. I-I... I know that she's good. I just can't seem to prove it. Not to myself. What happened that I can't remember? Did she steal my memories? No, I have some. Just... Nothing with Sombra in it, exactly. I remember her herself, but not exactly what happened between us... Just that I cared for her, yet something happened.

Edited by Anquatic

Windsong frowned.

"The gem means nothing to me. However, I will take a look at that note."

He took the note from her, reading it over. His lips tightened over his teeth as he thought.

"Well, if you can help, then do so. When you're done, we'll go back to the cave and gather our strength."

With that, he returned the note to her and went about making sure everyone was alright, for the most part.

-----

Siren lapped at the water, her throat dry and hoarse. She was unhappy about the events that had transpired, but she was alive. More or less.

Mystic nodded. "Thank you," she said, She then turned to Grehyen again. "May I heal you?" she asked.

Sombra called out again. I am sorry for hurting you..I had Shadow Blinked myself. Her voice had the hollow tone still. Sombra suddenly fainted, trying to enter Fyrefly's dream.

Tenebrae watched Trentum, but when he fell, Tenebrae jumped after him. He landed near him, then nodded. "I know this place..hey-are you ok?" He turned to Trentum, and watched.

Fyrefly trembled still. She felt an unfamiliar pulsing in her mind. It was a huge echo in her dream, the entire dreamland reverberating with energy. She stared at the sky. Grey clouds snarled with thunder overhead. Fyrefly clutched the crumbly earth as the entire world fell apart, and was replaced by a new one. It was a barren field with very sparse green blades of grass. Scraggly, dead trees stood here and there. A shaft of glittering light pierced the cloud cover, fresh grass popping up in the glow. Rain started to fall until Fyrefly was shivering, slick with water. Slowly, a familiar form faded into Fyrefly's dream, on the patch of lush green... Sombra.

Trentum was trying to form words. He was still stiff, and pain echoed in his injured wing. I wonder what happened to it. he thought, drowned with sadness. "I... I'm okay." he replied, his voice an unfamiliar rasp. "...I don't know what happened, but my wing... It's hurting." he said, giving it another gentle lick. "Pain... I opened my wing the farthest it would go, but then I felt a stab of pain and my wing just crumpled. It still hurts, and now it's feeling numb." he murmured. What if... What if this is permanent? he thought, aghast. My hearing had cleared up, though. I didn't understand why IT worsened, but now it's better. Will my wing get better, too?

Grehyen looked at Tyra worridly as she fought the pain in her wing. He then turned to look at Mystic, "My leg? Uh, sure I guess. I didn't know there were ways to heal breaks aside from splints and slings like I have. Would you be able to heal Tyra's wing first?" He turned to look at her still fighting the pain in her wing and gently set his good foreclaw on her's to try and comfort her. Tobias listened and looked to Mystic, "Could you please? I don't want to cause any pain that could be avoided.

~

Midnight slumped against the wall of the clan cave and slid down to the ground, leaving a maroon smear of blood down the wall. The vampire was begining to feel the extent of his injuries. He lay his head dwn in the pool of his own blood and closed his remaining eye.

"I-I'm fine," Tyra protested, stuttering. She moved to a more comfortable position, the pain subsiding a little. Her blood had began to cake and clot on her wing, slowing the bleeding. She still winced, though, at every movement of her injured wing. Feeling Grehyen's paw on hers, she turned to look at him and smiled. "R-really...I-I'll be f-fine," she tried to assure him. She turned to Mystic. "P-please, help Grehyen first. He's m-more than likely t-to have mangled it far worse than when h-he originally broke it. M-my wing is n-nothing..."

Tobias and Grehyen both looked up at Mystic and spoke in unison, "Please heal Tyra first."

Grehyen smiled at Tyra, "My leg is already set." He showed the splint Tobias had attached to it earlier for emphasis. "It's makeshift and won't hold for the whole healing time, but I'm better off than you are right now. It doesn't even hurt really. I can tell your wing hurts you."

Tobias nodded and spoke, "I can as well."

Grehyen streched his neck across Tyra's to get a better look at the wound. I can numb the pain for a bit." He took a breath and exhaled a small burst of ice, similar to the breath of an ice dragon. The cold numbing the pain.

Tobias smiled and looked up at Mystic, "Now that nobody should be in much pain, I guess the choice is up to our medic here." The ochredrake smiled cheerfully at the slightly older white dragon.

As the burst of cold air that Grehyen breathed hit her wing and began to coat it in ice, Tyra let out a sigh of relief. She stopped trembling so much and closed her eyes. The ice felt so good, it refreshed her. Right then, she knew that she needed to make it to water. Water would help soothe her bruised scales and calm her. She had been too long without the cool substance. She continued to keep her eyes closed, beginning to fade into unconsciousness.

Both Tobias and Grehyen looped their necks under Tyra's and each used a wing to support her body as she lost consciousness. They gently lowered the young ice dragoness to the ground and then looked up at Mystic. Grehyen spoke, "We'll I guess the decision is made for you. Tyra needs healed first." THe two teenage dragons stood on either side of their unconcious friend and waited for the adult white's response.

Tyra slumped to the ground, though not ungracefully. Her scales were becoming dangerously warm, her body losing its cool temperature quite fast. Her face looked pained, as if she was having a nightmare. "Papa...papa, don't go....no please....I-I need you....," she murmured in her unconscious state. Her eyes flitted back and forth frantically under her eyelids, showing she was obviously caught up in a nightmare or dillusion from her past. "W-where am I? G-get away...y-you two legged m-monsters...!"

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Lymu cried out when she felt Midnight crash into the wall, sliding down while leaving a trail of blood.

"Midnight?!" she squeecked fearfully. She stared at his puddle of his own crison blood and knew this wasn't a good sign. "Oh my- Someone help him!" Lymu swinged herself off his forehead and landed on the ground, it was tainted in blood and the walls were painted red. The thunder hatchling didn't understand why everything was all of the sudden becoming so violent. "Midnight?" she asked him again, sounding urgent and scared for him.

Siren watched a fish swim upstream, small fry picking at bits of lost flesh that had made its way into the river. She gave a small, soft hum that vibrated the ground enough to scatter the fish.

------------

Windsong looked after them, keeping alert. He may not be the leader of the clan, but until Crisie returned or they took a vote, he would act as the new "big brother" and keep watch.

Trentum sighed softly, not exactly expecting a reply. He struggled to his paws and, in a limping, shuffling manner, headed back to the cave. Helplessly, his hurting wing dragged along the ground. I can't believe I fell, just like that. If I'd gathered a shadow cloud, would it have worked out better? Or am I still too weak? he wondered, not even paying attention as to where he was going. Trentum reached the end of the forest; he was by the river. The Black dragon padded along it, listening to the rush of the water and rustle of the tree leaves. His trot smushed the grass underpaw before it sprang up again. Trentum looked up to see the clan cave, across the river. How do I get over the river? I'm too weak to jump, or fly, or swim... Trentum gathered his magical energy and formed a cloud of shadow over the river, and pressed a paw on it. The shadows hissed and shifted, compressing. Trentum put more weight on the cloud, trying to keep it together. It's just a hop, skip, jump. he thought to himself. Trentum forced himself to scurry over the cloud. As soon as he had two paws over the river, he let go of the shadows, which slid away. Trentum looked up to see the cave. A sense of belonging washed over him.

Fyrefly could do little more than stare at the Shadow Walker. Sombra... It's Sombra... It's really, really her... she thought, heart racing. What am I feeling? Happy? Angry? Depressed? Fyrefly wasn't sure. "S-Sombra..." she whispered, her eyes beginning to wet. Cold tears trickled down her face, leaving trails in the thin layer of dirt and grit. Fyrefly sobbed openly. Do I rejoice? Or am I crying tears of pain, of sadness? What am I? I don't know anymore... Am I still Fyrefly, the same dragonness I was before?

((Sorry, I've been on vacation. Today is one of those rare weekends I'm on.))

Mystic nodded. "Wing first, leg after. The wing could become infected if it doesn't get healed quick enough," Mystic said. She had to focus again, so she shut her eyes and thought of one thing. With a small flap of her wings, a small ball of light flew into Tyra's wing. In a few seconds, it would be healed a bit, but it would take at least ten minutes to fully heal. She turned to Grehyen. "Now, your leg," she said. Mystic thought of one thing again, and tilted her head. She had felt another dragon in pain- afterwords, she would find it. Right now, she needed to heal. With a silent flap of her wings, she made a small ball of light again. But her head was confused, so it took a bit of time for it to fly into Grehyen's leg. "There.. now, if you excuse me, I can sense another wounded dragon." Mystic flew away without another word.

Sombra half coughed, half gasped. "H....hi.." she whispered, trying to think straight. How did she, Sombra, the one who was said to have attacked the clan cave, get into Fyrefly's dream? Questions later. She thought. "Hi Fyrefly.." she said a bit louder.

Tenebrae climbed up the cliff, then looked up. He could see a cloud-like White dragon flying overhead, seeming to sense something. When she was gone, the male Shadow Walker hatchling continued to run towards the Silent Forest, towards Sombra who had fainted. Only he didn't stop at her. He turned towards Ensia Forest, and started running again.

((Ooh, vacation? Hope you had a nice time, though. ^^))

Fyrefly blinked, but not in surprise in anger. Fyrefly cleared her throat, which suddenly felt scratchy. "Hi, Sombra." she repeated, choking a little at the 'a'. "I..." The Gold dragonness was at a complete loss for words. I can't just say, "So, how's it been? Had fun trying to destroy us all?" But... she looks so guilty... And yet, as much as I'd like to trust her, something deep inside me tells me, "No"... Fyrefly had a sad, awkward look on her face. She averted her eyes and stared at the grass. Before she knew it, her mind changed the few blades of grass to rocks. The trees strengthened, but didn't grow leaves. Fyrefly looked up to see clouds. It was still dark as snow began to fall. "O-oh... L-look... It's um... snow..." she said, grateful for something to talk about, as pathetic as it was.

((Just a birthday party. I got a rubber duck!!! Anyways, back to the role play.))

Sombra looked up at the snowflakes. She shivered slightly, almost fainting. The snow was tugging at a memory...Sombra, dear Sombra, wake up. Hatch, my dear. Annibell, why do you want it's name to be 'Sombra'? Sombra is a beautiful name.. Why not Bob? It's a female, George. It's almost winter...I'm leaving. You take care of the egg. Goodbye, George... Sombra's eye turned as white as the falling snow, then gray again. Sombra fell to the ground, seeming to realize everything she had done. And that truthfully, she would never be allowed back at the Clan Cave. She would have to prove herself.....Sombra blinked again, seeming to have a new strength. She stood up. "I am really sorry for everything I have done..I think it would be best if I stay away-far away-from the Clan Cave." she said. "Do you need to say anything before I leave?"

((Grats. ^^ Also- haha 'Bob'. xd.png))

Fyrefly blinked again, this time, in shock. "Stay away?" she repeated, as if she wasn't sure if she'd heard correctly. But no. Fyrefly had heard loud and clear. "I..." she mumbled. "I don't know, Sombra..." she said, uncertain. A little jolt passed through her, thinking of Sombra's leaving. Am I happy? Am I sad? Will I miss her? I can't seem to remember who I am... Where did all those memories go? Only a few remain... Like, watching the others fish... And getting my ice powers... But... Whenever Sombra came in... The only part I remember from that memory is Midnight... How did Sombra get here? I... What are my ties to her...? she wondered. "I don't have anything to say, Sombra." she forced herself to utter. "G-good bye..." the Gold dragonness added. Her dream swirled once more, the gentle fall of snowflakes turning into a blizzard. Fyrefly looked up, and stepped back a few steps. Slowly, Sombra faded into the grey and white churn.

The young ice dragoness struggled in this nightmare for a while until finally she settled down as her wing healed. When it had healed fully, she rested there for a moment, then opened her eyes. She shook her head, trying to remember where she was and what had just happened. Then it all came back to her, crashing over her like a flood. There was a battle; Tobias...and Grehyen...they were in it. Then I remember falling and- Tyra suddenly shot up, groaning as she rolled over on her stomach. She winced, still being quite sore from her fall out of the sky. Water...she needed water; her body temperature was rapidly dropping.

She blinked a few times, clearing her blurry vision. At first, Grehyen and Tobias who were leaning over her just appeared as fuzzy shapes. Then everything came into focus. "Grehyen..? Tobias...?" she asked, "A-are you guys..are you guys o-ok?"

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Grehyen felt his limb work its way back together and heal. He moved his leg experimentally. It really had fully healed! With a quick flex of his muscles he shattered the spilt and removed the sling. He ruffled his fills gladly, "Thank you Mystic." He and Tobias then turned to Tyra when she started murrmuring to herself in her unconcious state. The two young dragons leaned over their friend worridly. When she suddenly bolted awake the two stepped back to give her room in case she bolted up. Grehyen then spoke up, "We are both fine. Are you okay? You don't look to good." He looked around worridly. "Would you like some water or something? I think there is a stream nearby."

Tobias sniffed the air, "There is. I'll go fetch some water. Be right back." The teenage ochredrake bolted off into the forest and found a large curved leaf that looked oddly like a shallow bowl. He drug the leaf in his jaws and headed towards the smell of water.

Gehyen turned to look at Tyra after Tobias left. He was worried. She had been mumbling while unconcous about her Papa and something about two-legged monsters. He thought it would be better not to ask about it even though he was curious and concerned. He didn't want to make her hurt just to explain something to him. He settled down next to her to wait for Tobias to return.

~

Midnight heard someone calling his name, as if off in the distance. His remaining eye opened slightly, but his vision was badly blurring and he couldn't see. The great black dragon lapsed in and out of conciousness as he lay against the cave wall in a puddle of his own, unnaturally dark blood.

"I-I'll be fine. I just need some water...that's all," Tyra replied, rising to her feet carefully. She nodded in thanks towards Tobais then the tan dragon ran off to fetch what she'd asked. She cautiously stretched out her wing but her eyes widened in surprise as she felt no pain. "It's....it's healed," she stated, quite baffled. She then remembered Mystic, the white dragon. Tyra was very grateful for her healing abilites. Finally she turned to Grehyen. "Now..how's your injury?" she inquired, walking over and examining Grehyen's leg. It appeared to be healed! She smiled in relief then looked up at her friend's face. When the teenage ice dragoness saw his expression, her cheeks faintly turned a very pale blue in embarrassment. "Uh oh...did I-did I say something idiotic while I was unconscious?" she asked, dreading what she might have said.

Edited by Tyra-Ice