DragonGirl10188

Our War~ Accepting!

Windsong shut out the music; a skill he learned long ago to keep young Siren from lulling him to sleep. When he could help it, of course. Instead, he repeated the same phrase over and over within his mind, projecting it as he stepped forward.

You are not this. You may have been neglected, but there are so many out there who have been treated worse. So many, without families, left alone to die. You are not a monster.

He repeated the phrase over and over, not just speaking to her, but to all within range. He flared his wings, watching her closely and ready to defend himself as the winds changed to gently swirl around him.

Sombra's eyes seemed to explode with the blood red, barely any pupil. "I was lucky to even be taken in...the Whiptail was lying. I could feel it. My parents are gone, abandoned me in the Silent Forest! I was lucky enough to be saved by Tuinya and dropped near the cave..." Tenebrae started rising from the floor while Sombra said this. Tenebrae started growling, noticing his master's anger rising. Suddenly Sombra blinked. Her eyes had a tint of gray in them. Sombra...what have you become? I..I don't know. Fix this...now. I'm...I'm becoming confused. You are turning back... I can't see. It'll be ok. I...I can't feel...anything. Don't worry. I'm afraid. Trust me... Sombra blinked, being able to say one thing before falling over. "Help me."

Tenebrae cast the Night Mist spell, signaling the others to follow. Tenebrae started running from the cave, running into a cave farther in the Silent Forest. He was also dragging the cages, since Sombra had fainted. He arrived at a larger cave with rooms, an older cave that was theirs once. He hid the cages, and put Sombra in the biggest room. The army went into their rooms, leaving Tenebrae and Fyrefly. "Fyrefly, find a room. I'll be watching Sombra." Tenebrae told her.

Edited by seacatsmew

Grehyen looked over at Tyra with concern as they flew. He understood what it was like to have memories that couldn't be changed but knew better than to assume he knew how she felt. "I understand what you mean. Though I don't know and won't intrude to ask about what the memory is, I know that memories can be painful." He beat his wings to keep his altitude and then saw Windsong and Flaming diving down. "Well, it looks like they've found them. Come on." He beat his wings and dove after the adult dragons. As he dove, a blur of tan shot up out of the cave and slammed into him...

~

Tobias buried his teeth in Grehyen's shoulder as the two of them fell from the sky, using his wings and tail to balance the fall so that he landed on top of the frilled dragon. The two teenage dragons then rolled across the ground, tearing andbiting at one another. "Tobias! What're you doing!" Grehyen bellowed. Tobias merely snarled and continued his attack without any emotion or recognition of his friend.

~

Midnight hung his head in sorrow and regret, tears still streaming from his remaining eye. "I could never ask for forgiveness for what I have done......And I am sure that I have commited many more atrotious acts than the murder of your sister.....I am a monster....." He let his fangs come foreward as emphasis. "...and that is an unchangable fact.....I can never change the abomination I was born....You'd all be better off killing me...before I wind up killing one of you....I may not be under Inkheart's control any more, but I am still a being of evil. I can never have the true life of a dragon like you..."

Fyrefly trotted after Tenebrae. She stood straight and still. Then she watched her master. There was something about her eyes that wasn't quite right, just for a moment. Before she collapsed. Fyrefly gave a hushed yelp. "Master!" Remember who you are? Sombra is remembering... Can't you, too? her conscience told her, pushing her towards the side of goodness. I am Sombra's! That is all! I am what she wills me to be!... I am... I am... Who am I? Fyrefly barely heard the command from Tenebrae, and felt her paws moving her to a dark, empty cavern. She collapsed, and her wings drooped to her sides. What have I become? What am I? I can't... Can't remember a thing... Where did my memories go? Sombra took them. No! She would never... Sh-she... You are under her spell. I serve her on my own will! There is no escape. I don't want to! She will never bring you back to who you were. She can! I-if she wants to...! Fyrefly... What have you become?[/COLOUR] I don't know... I don't know... Fyrefly felt cold tears sliding down her cheeks. She could feel them run over her right cheek's scars... Her head ached. Who am I? Who is Fyrefly?

Trentum was asleep, still. His hearing was not getting any better. Tyra... Tyra... Where is Tyra? he thought hazily in his sleep. He woke with a start. "Hello?" he cried. His emerald eyes glinted. "W-what happened?" he whispered. Suddenly, he could hear better. The faint rustle of leaves on trees... His body shifting on stone... Trentum cracked a whisper of a smile.

Sombra slowly woke up, but with all of her memories gone, the spell was broken. Everyone Shadow Blinked turned back to normal, but the Shadow Blinked dragons that lost their memories didn't get their memories back. Sombra's eyes were back to the stormy color they were before, and Tenebrae looked at her. "Sombra, you ok?" He asked, watching the Shadow Walker. "I..I think so..." She relied. "Who are you?" Sombra asked, tilting her head. "I'm Tenebrae." He replied. "And....Where am I?" She asked, still confused. "In the Silent Forest, with your army." Sombra nodded slowly, starting to understand things. Tenebrae left her, going to Fyrefly to help her.

Sombra started thinking. Who am I? Why would I need an army? Where is my Mum and Da? And...what have I become? You will find out when you help others. Who are you? I am you. No...you couldn't be. You stole everyone's memories. I am your memories, only I cannot return. Why not? Just go say sorry. Sombra stood up, and started walking towards the opening of the cave. "I'm sorry for hurting you all..I'll be leaving." Sombra said, walking out of the cages. She started walking towards the old cave, where the other dragons were. She arrived near it, and waited a moment. "Here I am!" she shouted, looking at the cave. She sat down. Ok, I can't move. I've drained all of my energy. She thought, then said two words before blacking out, again. "Help me."

Edited by seacatsmew

Windsong blinked. They were gone. One moment Sombra had fallen over, the next she was gone. Everyone was gone. He looked around, then heard the sound of fighting nearby. Noticing that neither Tyra nor Grehyen were with him, he quickly followed the sound. He found Tobius wrestling and biting Grehyen, and with a burst of wind, he pushed the two dragons apart. He quickly came between them and helped Grehyen to his feet.

"Grehyen! Where is Tyra?" he asked hurriedly, keeping an eye on Tobius. "Wand why are you two fighting? Aren't you guys friends?"

"You're not a monster," Lymu frowned quiet deeply. "Its just nature, you cannot control your actions that time and you cannot change the past. You're a dragon, just like all of us, Midnight." She thought as him as a good friend, she couldn't bare the thoughts on how he thinks of himself. Lymu nudged his forehead, it was the closest thing she could nuzzle as she was still standing on his head. Her claws were still around his horns for balance, slowly loosing up as her arms began to get more tired. Midnight was her closest friend, she couldn't allow him to have such thoughts of himself, it shouldn't be allowed.

((Blah, short. x.x))

Siren looked at Midnight.

"You are only a monster...if you choose to be."

She closed her eyes and tried to rest. She hurt. Badly. She needed a healer, or somebody who could properly dress her wounds. She would do it herself, but she had never broken a rib before, and she was certain that twisting the wrong way could cost her her life.

((Mystic, to the rescue!And I have edited my post before, now Sombra is at her old cave and shouting. Then blacked out.))

Tenebrae let Flaming and Mystic out of their cages. Mystic flew off, but could feel someone hurt. She dived down, landing near Siren. "Are you ok?" The adult White asked. "I could feel your pain. I'll heal you." Mystic said, watching Siren.

Sombra's tail hit against a rock in her sleep, making a loud thud. Sombra didn't awake, though. She kept on hitting things with her tail, and squirming around like trying to escape something.

Tyra nodded silently and smiled at Grehyen. Just then as the ice and frilled dragons were diving down towards the battle scene, there was a tan blur and then a screech as something attacked Grehyen. "Grehyen!!" Tyra shouted, whipping around to see what had hit her friend. "Tobias?! Tobias, what are you doing?!! Stop!" she cried, flying towards the two and trying to pry them apart.

However, in the struggle, Tobias's claws grazed her wing and with a yelp of pain, she began hurtling towards the earth, her injured wing against her side. She knew she would have to open both wings so she wouldn't die or be seriously injured from impact. At the last moment, she flared both her wings, causing her to howl in agony. Crash! Luckily, a few large bushes helped break her fall as she tumbled head over heels until she hit the cave wall where Sombra's army was staying. Tyra groaned and shook her head, trying to clear her vision.

The sound of someone saying her name reached her ears. "Was that Windsong? I-I have to get up..." she thought, trying to roll over to her feet. "I-I'm here!" she called out feebly, making it to her stomach.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Thanks Tyra, for the recap~))

-Oriouse flapped his wings in a lazy rage, beating the air heavily and for no good reason other than that he was annoyed to be awake at this hour. It was still a long way until the sun would set and even if Risah had asked him nicely, it didn't mean he had to like it.

Risah could feel the waves of irritation rolling off of Oriouse and she felt sorry for asking such a favor of him but they all had agreed on one thing in the end; they had to make it to the hatchlings soon. Risah banked right and hovered closely above Oriouse, looking over with sympathetic eyes she pleaded for him to bear with it through her expression alone. She knew how hard it must be on him, she only hoped they could make it on time. She didn't think she would be able to hold out herself for much longer.

Obvilionsce flew above them in a swirling fashion letting his body twist elegantly in the air feeling the wind glide past his slick scaled body. He just loved flying! Below him he watched as Risah tried to comfort the ever grumpy 'I'm too good for this' Oriouse. Hmmph. Ob didn't care about that, he was far to concerned with wind currents and catching the right ones for his next aerobatic flight move. Then, just as he was getting ready to lift up into a strong rift he spiraled down and twisted just right so he dove beneath Risah and Oriouse. Moving ahead of them he turned on his back and looked up at them with his arms pulled to his chest.- "Hey that's the place! There's the cave!"- he called cheerfully and twisted so he could ripple like a banner as he lowered his altitude beneath the clouds. He wasn't used to being on the ground but he couldn't wait to meet the hatchlings.-

Edited by Chasilin

((I have no idea where most dragons are any more. And, again, Mystic, to the rescue! I need another healer.))

Mystic sighed. She felt another injured dragon, this one near Sombra's cave. She needed to be everywhere at once! Mystic turned to Siren. "I'll be back. I need to take care of another dragon, but it'll be quick." She told him, then flew over to Tyra. "Are you ok?" She asked, looking at her torn wing.

Sombra woke up suddenly. She had heard someone fall against a wall. "Hello?" Sombra's voice sounded hollow. "Is anyone there?" She asked, still confused about everything.

Tenebrae ran out, and started running to the clan cave. Sombra's army followed, chasing him with fire. "Get away!" He shouted. Suddenly, the army stopped, and ran off. Tenebrae hurried back to the clan cave, only to see three new dragons arrive. "Well, hello there." He said.

Edited by seacatsmew

-Oriouse grit his teeth and banked along with the others heading for the mouth of the cave. Not one for introductions he landed to the right of Risah and a little behind her to avoid any unwanted interactions. Risah and Ob were best with that.

Risah almost sighed at Oriouse's behavior but she was far too use to it. Once her lingering emotions about his usual ways had passed she adopted a kind smile and spoke gently to the one who had spoken to her but she was interrupted by an ever energetic Ob.

"Hi there!" -he said excitedly his eyes bright and his scales glinting golden as the sunlight kissed them. His body was lithe and quite like a serpents in the way that it rested on the ground coiled around itself. His wings were thrown back behind him in an open expression of his jubilation.- "M'name's Obvilionsce but you can call me Ob. This is Risah and this is Oriouse." -somehow his tone darkened like a child's at the mention of Oriouse but it was quickly smothered by his youthful smile and gleaming eyes.-"What's your name?"

Risah gave an apologetic gesture and said, in a more reasonable tone.- "We're here to support your cause. We are not here to join your clan but we will be at your beck and call whenever you're in need. We gladly give our aid and support and are happy to give counsel at anytime."-

Edited by Chasilin

"I'm Tenebrae," Tenebrae said. "Pleased to meet you," he smiled. "Well, I'm not the one who accepts people here. There are others," he paused for a moment, looking behind them. "I think they're back..." Sombra's army started running towards the cave. "Uh..I'd advise you to move...RUN!" Tenebrae jumped up, and started running. In moments, the army was chasing him again.

Sombra gave up, guessing the dragon must be gone by now. She stood up, and started walking towards the clan cave. She didn't know that she was an enemy, though...

Edited by seacatsmew

-Oriouse grunted irritably and lurched into the air following after Risah and Ob.

Risah flapped her wings and followed after the one who called himself Tenebrae. She had questions she needed answers to. For example, what was going on here! And also, where were they going!

Ob couldn't contain his excitement and twisted like a spring in the air after the fleeing dragon. He was so curious and hungry for adventure that he didn't even question what was going on. Instead he went with the flow in just the way he rode the air currents.-

Sombra stopped right in front of her army. "Halt!" she yelled, and the army stopped. "Leave. Finished." The army walked back to their normal homes, and Tenebrae just stared at her. "Hi Sombra," he said. "Hi Tenebrae. And, hello..other three dragons." Sombra waved.

-Oriouse was now peeved beyond words, he landed with a thud and aggressively swiped his tail around his flank and pinned it close to him. He pretended to glare at a tree in the distance so as not to insult anyone.

Risah could feel his agitation and she moved in front of him as if to protect both him and the stranger. Her landing was more gentle and light and her pose was relaxed and elegant.- "Are you who I must speak to then. As Tenebrae here has said we must discuss matters about the clan with another besides himself." -She waited patiently.

Ob was a little less serious but like a child he shied back from them and sensed the seriousness of the atmosphere. His nose was turned down but his eyes constantly gazed upwards, tossing between Risah, the female dragon, Tenebrae and his beloved skies. His wings rustled in anticipation of feeling the wind surf beneath them. Feeling a child like impatience he began to fidget restlessly.-

Grehyen glared at Tobias as Windsong pushed them apart, "You jerk! What was that for!?!" Tobias staggered backwards away from the two of them before dropping back into a sitting position, his neck and head weaving about as the Shadow Blinking wore off. "What? What happened?" He looked around in confusion. Grehyen snarled, "You attacked me you jerk!"

Tobias seemed to immediatly snap back into his normal mood. "You attack me all the time you brute."

"I don't knock you out of the freaking sky in a surprise attack!"

"You did that the first time we met!"

"Oh...right."

Tobias shook his head, "Look I don't know what happened. I remember hearing someone singing and then it all goes black until just now."

Grehyen rolled his eyes, "You and your music."

"Shut up." Tobias snapped.

Grehyen then noticed Tyra in the brush near the cave. "Tyra!" The frilled dragon tried to rush over to her and wound up falling on his face. His leg had come out of the sling and he had fallen on it while trying to rush over to Tyra. It was probably even more messed up than before. But he didn't care. He limped over on three legs and helped his friend out from the brush. He noticed the injury on her wing and rattled his frills, upset. Tobias had hurt Tyra too!

Tobias rushed over worridly and scanned the two of them over. "Oh my gosh! I did this?! I'm so sorry Tyra! Grehyen, we'll consider my attack on you revenge for your original attack on me."

The young ochredrake then rushed off into the forest before returning with a clump of herbs and a large stick. "Grehyen, can you apply these to Tyra's wing while I fix that splint?"

Grehyen nodded and ground up the herbs before applying them to Tyra's cuts on her wing. He then used the rest on various smaller injuries she must have got from the fall. Tobias broke the stick to an appropriate size and strapped it to Grehyen's leg with some vines before putting the sling Tyra had made back over it. Once their wounds were all taken care of, Grehyen slid his neck and a wing under Tyra to help her to her feet and support her, "You okay Tyra?" he asked worridly.

~

Midnight leveled his head out so that Lymu wouldn't have to hold onto his horns and still stay perched atop his head. He smiled slightly at the little thunder dragon. "Thank you Lymu." He then returned his gaze to Siren who had closed her eyes again and a young white dragoness had come up next to her and offered to help her. "I can be of help to. If Siren will permit me to assist that is." He looked back to the nebula dragoness and felt pain in his chest. How many others have I made suffer like her?.... Blood still ran from his many wounds to drip onto the floor, especially from his injury where his eye had been gouged out. As the pools of blood from him and Siren both grew he noticed only the differences, how his blood was dark and thick compared to the nebula's crimson blood. He had the urge to drink the blood again and had to fight down the urge to lick it up off the floor. I'll never be like them. I'll always be a monster...feeding on blood to sustain myself. There is no changing that...I'll always be a vampire.

Tyra groaned a bit, hearing Tobias and Grehyen argue. At least Tobias had snapped out of it. She arched her neck to examine her graceful wings. Her eyes widened at a large tear where Tobias's claw had sliced through the thin, pale blue membrane. She turned her head, seeing Mystic walk up to her. The white dragon inquired if she was alright. "I-I don't know...I think so, I mean...," she stammered, looking pitifully at her wing.

There was a crash then a thump as Grehyen barreled towards her but managed to trip and fall onto his face. She gasped, remembering his broken leg. "Grehyen!" was the only thing she managed to exclaim. Seeing he didn't hurt himself too much, she felt a little more relieved. He too came and asked if she was ok. "I-I think so...b-but..," she replied, her eyes glazing over with tears as she looked at her wing. Will I ever be able to fly again? she thought frantically.

She then looked at Tobias. She managed a smile, trying to let him know that she forgave him and she wasn't angry. Right now, she was just frightened and in pain; she couldn't find the right words to say, being in shock.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Fyrefly felt her entire being go through a rushing sensation. She felt herself changing, but not physically. Her wings flared. Her body pulsated with energy, coming and going. A pale green light swept over her, the young Gold dragon's eyes glowing emerald. Fyrefly tingled all over. She cried out as she was un-Shadow Blinked. With a shaky gasp, she collapsed. She could see Shadow Cats, from where her head had landed, but their forms were flickering, fading. Were they leaving? Or was it just because she wasn't Shadow Blinked anymore? Fyrefly felt her thoughts slow, then speed up. Her memories were a cluttered, jumbled, tangled mess. A snippet of this event, a whole mind-video of that one. She just lay there, limp and trembling. Her breath came ragged and uneven. Her body quivered on the cold, cold stone. Frost spread across the surface. Her scars felt more painful than ever before, as if freshly made. Finally, Fyrefly couldn't take it anymore, and passed out.

Trentum was flying now, his every wingbeat taking him higher and higher up. The cold air from where he was rushed around him. He breathed in tiny gulps. His tail lashed across the sky. I don't even know where I am... It's just so calm and peaceful up here... Not a bird, not a dragon in sight. he thought, filled with tranquility. He felt his shoulders and wings ache. The Black dragon touched down on a cliff, somewhere, out there. He looked back. They probably noticed, by now, that I left... It wasn't hard, as I shadow-cloaked myself... he thought, looking out at the land. At least his hearing was returning. Trentum waved a paw over an ear just to hear its soft swish at the air. He clung to the mountain, feeling its hard ridges on his dark paws. Trentum spread his wings, ready to return, after the exhilaration. After all, Sombra's shadow cats were still out there, weren't they? Or maybe he'd slept through the whole fight...

Edited by Anquatic

Tobias looked at the tear he had caused Tyra's wing. The membrane was ripped clear through. The young ochredrake examined the dramage as Grehyen held the young ice dragoness up. "I think I might be able to fix this. I'll be right back." He rushed off into woods leaving Grehyen with Tyra.

The young frilled dragon used one of his frills to wipe the tear away from her eyes, "Don't worry Tyra. Tobias is a pretty good medic." He waved his splinted leg for emphasis. "He'll get that wing fixed up. Wing membrane heals fast if it's set right and kept clean. I bet you'll be flying again before I can walk normally." He smiled comfortingly. He didn't want Tyra to cry anymore.

Tobias returned shortly with a few long, vine-like plants and a needle-sharp red thorn. "Can you strech out your wing Tyra? This is going to hurt, but it will help stich up your wing membrane. If its stitched up it will heal faster and won't be as likely to get infected."

Grehyen looked at Tyra. "Can you spread your wing out?"

((Ok, I feel that Mystic won't be able to heal much unless she joins the clan. Even then she won't be able to.))

Mystic turned to the other dragons. "So I'm not needed. Then I'll be gone." She flew over the Siren, and focused. "It'll be alright...I'll heal your rib." Mystic started to heal Siren's rib.

Tenebrae turned his head in the direction of Trentum. He started running towards him, stopping right beside. "Hello. I'm Tenebrae. it's safe now, the war is somewhat over." Tenebrae explained, watching the Black dragon.

Sombra watched Tenebrae. She then froze, remembering one thing. She moved near the Silent Forest, sending a message to Fyrefly. I am so sorry for all harm I have done to you. I had Shadow Blinked myself, I guess. I can't remember..anything, really. I just hope..I hope you can remember. The voice sounded like Sombra's, but also a bit hollow. Sombra sat down and watched.

Edited by seacatsmew

The ice dragoness took a deep breath and nodded. "I-I can try..." She slowly stretched out her wing, cringing and whimpering. The tear burned as the membrane stretched out. She clawed the earth beneath her, creating rivets in the brown earth as she fought the pain. Finally, she managed to extend it all the way. She managed a pained smile at Grehyen, grateful for his company. Her breathing was fast, though, because of the agony in her wing. Cold blood ran down the thin membrane, turning the pale blue color purple. She thought of Trentum at that moment. She remembered she'd left him all alone back at the clan cave. She hoped he was alright...

Edited by Tyra-Ice

((Gah, so much is happening st once. >.<))

Siren gave a soft, if painful, sigh.

"If you think you can help, be my guest. Just...make it go away. Make the pain...go away..."

She weakly lifted a claw in a small gesture to her side.

"My rib...broken."

---------------------

Windsong watched as Tobius seemed to come out of his daze. He recalled how the young hatchlings had blindly followed Sombra in her dark state, and wondered just what it was that she had done to them. He kept a look out as they rushed to help Tyra, making sure that nothing dangerous was approaching.

"We should go back to the cave and help the others. Grehyen, I know a broken leg when I see one. You should not have come in the first place. Now you've probably jostled your broken bones around. I certainly hope we have a healer, or else you could be in a lot of pain for a long time as that bone heals, not to mention we'll have to correct it if it's been knocked out of line. You'll be wearing a splint for a while, my proud friend."

He flared his wings as he walked around the perimeter of the area. Once everyone was on their feet, they would need to move back to the cave. They could figure out how to get Sombra back when everyone was together again.

Mystic nodded, still focusing on Siren's broken rib. "It isn't that bad..not as bad as others. It'll be fixed in no time," she said, closing her eyes. "Turonui cashia shalata..." Mystic whispered. Saying those words made a flash of white light go into Siren's rib, making it hurt more for a moment, then stop. Within minutes, Siren's rib would be fixed. "It'll be fixed in a few moments. Now, let me see about the broken leg I heard someone say..." Mystic darted into the air, spreading her wings. She landed near Grehyen. "I heard someone say broken leg," she chirped. "I'm Mystic. Can I help in anyway?" she asked.

Edited by seacatsmew