some_how

Trade History/Tracking Teleports

Would you like a trade history page?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would love a trading record, but I don't think keeping track of which dragon did the trade is necessary.

I think that's what "Only keep track of the partner but not the dragons" means? That's what I picked.

Of the dragon who was traded, not the dragon who managed the trade smile.gif

This would be important for people who want to make sure the egg they gifted remained on the giftee's scroll, or did it die in an earthquake few hours afterwards. Also, you could just keep an eye on the dragon you gifted as an egg and maybe the next time you click it you'll find an impressive progeny.

Of the dragon who was traded, not the dragon who managed the trade smile.gif

This would be important for people who want to make sure the egg they gifted remained on the giftee's scroll, or did it die in an earthquake few hours afterwards. Also, you could just keep an eye on the dragon you gifted as an egg and maybe the next time you click it you'll find an impressive progeny.

Lol, also to people who lose data off their drafts and can't recall who's had which egg yet off a gifting list they can't clearly recall, especially when it too-often takes forever for dragons to reproduce suitable eggs.

Edit: and share Tawanda001's feeling about actions one wants to check, such as what was influenced which, but which have been crowded out by checked AP eggs and, currently in my case, up to 42 or more daily foggings and unfoggings, in case whoever was previously posting my dragons elsewhere is just waiting until I get less cautious.

However, people who have accidentally abandoned the wrong dragon - something which happens to many of us, especially 1rst thing in the morning or in the 'wee earlies' - can find the abandoning record very handy to have, even if not often used.

Edited by Syphoneira

If I squint hard enough it almost looks "agreed" to me. Mods please! Is there anyhing I shall do now, or will I just have to wait and hope TJ will notice this request and consider it?

I'd suggest having a way to remove teleports from the list, that way if there's an important one you want to keep you can remove records you don't care about in between.

Or even better, have a way to mark a teleport so it won't be deleted. This mark would be able to be later removed once you no longer have a reason to keep the record.

Would this record include one-way teleports you accepted? I see the logic, since it would fall under the category of helping keep track of IOUs, but it's also not your dragon doing the teleport.

Yes it would. Also, trades where you offered to another player's trade (when it was also their dragon not yours.)

"other" because I'm really confused what you mean. I read the OP but it doesn't seem clear to me and all the options in the poll is confusing. I suspect this is something I could support, but I'm so confused I don't know for sure.

+1 support, for several reasons. Here's two of mine:

Most recently, my husband (the eternal optimist) accepted a S1 shimmer hatchling in a trade, taking it on faith that it was influenced correctly - well, it misgendered, naturally. :/

Now, of course, that was a risk he accepted (I don't think it really occurred to him that it might not have been influenced at all), BUT it would be nice to know who made the offer, so that he/we know in future not to accept gender-critical hatchlings from that player. dry.gif

(ETA: Even if the influence failed, and it was yours, wouldn't you like to know your influence failed? If the trade had been tracked, hubby could have let that person know, even if they didn't plan on replacing his shimmer. Besides, my point still stands: would you take a S1 hatchling from someone with unreliable pinks?)

Another reason is gifting - I'd like an in-game method of tracking what I've gifted to whom, so that I don't accidentally duplicate. Keeping spreadsheets/lists offline is tiresome, and sucks some of the joy out of what should be a fun and easy part of the game. :/

Cheers,

Shala

Edited by ShaladorsLady

^ the influence also could have failed. You never know.

I'd like this. I try to name all dragons that I've been gifted with "Gift" somewhere in their name, but I'm sure I've forgotten some a few days later when they've gendered and matured so tracking teleports would be nice, especially combined with choosing what stays in action log.

I don't know if we really need to show all offers though, just the one we accepted seems fine.

A friend and I joined this site together, and we're already talking about trading the eggs we breed. But I didn't know that you couldn't track your trades which is kind of disappointing. I think having the option would be very helpful.

(Mods! Is there anything I shall do now, or just patiently wait for TJ to decide?)

Just like with your lineages, wishlist, or anything else on this site, nothing is stopping you from keeping track of your own teleport trades. (Yes, I know this doesn't give you who took one-way transfers, but it gives you everything else.)

Nothing is stopping you from keeping track of when you incubated which dragon, either smile.gif

I love this idea. It really would help me keep track of all the gifts that I drop off in the gifting section that NEVER get a response. There seems to be a lot of those, many from mine and many from others. It also could help me keep track of why I traded what and if the trade I made was something I can continue to trade or if its something that needs to be kept and named and other things followed to follow suit. It would be awesome if we could put some sort of "Note" in it as well. Like "Name, First Child is to be gifted"

I'd suggest having a way to remove teleports from the list, that way if there's an important one you want to keep you can remove records you don't care about in between.

Or even better, have a way to mark a teleport so it won't be deleted. This mark would be able to be later removed once you no longer have a reason to keep the record.

Would this record include one-way teleports you accepted? I see the logic, since it would fall under the category of helping keep track of IOUs, but it's also not your dragon doing the teleport.

Support 100% the OP and what I quoted. For old forgetful people like me, this would be a great help, and much more accurate than writing down stuff in a notepad smile.gif

Another two threads I had to merge with good, but very different, polls. Re-did the poll to try and incorporate both of the previous polls. So, new poll for everyone to vote in!

I just lumped teleport as trades and transfers because doing separate choices for those too was an overwhelming poll, so if you'd only like trades or transfers be sure to specify here. :3

I like this idea, but I would want the possibility of deleting items on the list on an individual basis so I would not be tracking things I didn't care about.

I'd only support this if it excluded one-way transfers. Since they are "gifts" and the receiver is under no obligation to reciprocate in any way, there's no real reason to "track" that.

I'd only support this if it excluded one-way transfers. Since they are "gifts" and the receiver is under no obligation to reciprocate in any way, there's no real reason to "track" that.

Yes but if you take a look at the gifting (and many breeding) threads, people drop a lot of one-way transfers there with the request the taker would at least send them a PM. And you'd be surprised how many takers don't bother......

Yes, and that's a risk they take by putting a link out there for anyone to click on. Being able to *see* who took that GIFT isn't going to earn you a "thank you" anyways.