El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Dragonhatchling i recomend you get the dragon'sbane and improve it if you dotn already becasue it helps with dragons. IF you have to stael it then steal it but get it.

I've been thinking about getting Skyrim... but I don't know if my parents will let me. I know it's rated M, but exactly how BAD is it? I know it is very violent, bloody, and your character can get drunk, but what are some other things in it that I should know about?

Also, is it worth $60? How good is it exactly? Will it keep my attention for a long time, or will I be able to beat it in a week?

There is decapitations and not overly bad on the blood. It's not really that bad. Might want to check YouTube for some videos for it.

Shadowmere kills Ancient Dragons by himself.... ....and now I don't get thrown xd.png but they still hate me... but, to... Moonbeam:

Moonbeam

As for beating the game, that depends on what you mean. The main quest can be beaten in a day if you play it straight for that day... but there's tons and tons and tons (I mean Tons!) of sidequests and other "major" quest you can do. Leveling up is also recommended before finishing the Main Quest since it does get a little harry for lower levelers.

I totally believe it is worth $60. It keeps me entertained for a long long while (and I'm one of those folks who has a very short attention span... so I end up running around the map anyway without finishing much when I'm bored). The blood is not that bad at all. I have yet to really see any blood... just maybe one red speck and that's about it really. It isnt like Dragon Age where blood spatters everywhere if that's what you were thinking. A charred body or two might be a bit red... not overly bloody though... and if you don't drink in the game (though one quest for a special staff you need to... but it doesn't really show anything much) you don't get drunk.

Other things you show know about: There's dragons. There's tons of stuff to shoot to get pelts to smith... you can wreak havoc on anything you want or be all nice to everything and play through without really harming anything much. You can just ignore any quest really and explore (the map is huge! You never run out of stuff to do! Trust me smile.gif I would know...).

So I would totally buy the game smile.gif It's tons of fun. Promise.

~~~~~~~~

Forgot to put this... partial real reason I came here xd.png

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dragon_II.jpg

anyone think that dragon is like "Oh! Hey! What was that!? I heard a sound... where is it!? Human?"

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Shadowmere kills Ancient Dragons by himself.... ....and now I don't get thrown xd.png but they still hate me... but, to... Moonbeam:

Moonbeam

As for beating the game, that depends on what you mean. The main quest can be beaten in a day if you play it straight for that day... but there's tons and tons and tons (I mean Tons!) of sidequests and other "major" quest you can do. Leveling up is also recommended before finishing the Main Quest since it does get a little harry for lower levelers.

I totally believe it is worth $60. It keeps me entertained for a long long while (and I'm one of those folks who has a very short attention span... so I end up running around the map anyway without finishing much when I'm bored). The blood is not that bad at all. I have yet to really see any blood... just maybe one red speck and that's about it really. It isnt like Dragon Age where blood spatters everywhere if that's what you were thinking. A charred body or two might be a bit red... not overly bloody though... and if you don't drink in the game (though one quest for a special staff you need to... but it doesn't really show anything much) you don't get drunk.

Other things you show know about: There's dragons. There's tons of stuff to shoot to get pelts to smith... you can wreak havoc on anything you want or be all nice to everything and play through without really harming anything much. You can just ignore any quest really and explore (the map is huge! You never run out of stuff to do! Trust me smile.gif I would know...).

So I would totally buy the game smile.gif It's tons of fun. Promise.

~~~~~~~~

Forgot to put this... partial real reason I came here xd.png

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dragon_II.jpg

anyone think that dragon is like "Oh! Hey! What was that!? I heard a sound... where is it!? Human?"

Thank you very much. By the beating the game" thing, I was more concerned about completing the storyline and then having nothing else to do. A lot of games I have played are like that, and it ends up being a waste of 50 to 60 bucks. I was also wondering about class variations. I know that you are not a specific class such as mage, hunter, warrior, etc. However, do any of the races have skills they cannot learn, or just have a disadvantage with? I know right here and now I want a stealthy character that is boss with a bow. (sorry, can't get WoW standard stuff outta my mind)

i love skyrim it is a addictive game i dont have any updates since it came out but i still love it being a lvl 91 thief kicking but and taking name

I'm a Nord (because I wanted to switch things up and be native to a game... which is normal for me... I was bored xd.png ) and I'm boss with a bow... and a glass sword... and sneaking... lots of stuff to do with sneaking/thieving/pickpoketing and all that I've basically bossed... so really Moonbeam it's up to you what you want to choose.

I picked nord mainly because we're in Skyrim, with tons of frost stuff attacking you. YOu get 50% resistance to frost from birth and it helps temendously when fighting frost based enemies... coupled with special armor that resists frost for 50% too... frost can't hurt you anymore smile.gif and I love that!!

i love skyrim it is a addictive game i dont have any updates since it came out but i still love it being a lvl 91 thief kicking but and taking name

But....the level cap is 81... ._.

I'm an Argonian (was in Oblivion, too) because I like being able to breathe underwater, though I don't seem to be using it as much as I did in Oblivion. Histskin is pretty useful, though. I'm only level 46 so far, with level 100 sneak. Makes killing stuff without taking damage pretty easy. Just have to be patient. Archery is level 90-something, pickpocketing is level 80-something, and I just got lockpicking to level 98. I'm terrible at melee combat, and the lag doesn't help. :/ I wish I had a better computer, but I like the game too much to stop playing it just because of some lag.

However, it has killed me many times. It doesn't give me time to react fast enough. I'll click to heal myself or something and it doesn't do anything until half a second to 3/4 a second later. -.-

If I ever start another character, I'm going Khajit. Argonians and Khajit in Skyrim look very awesome, imo.

Anyway, I have forgotten the real reason I was going to post here.

Thank you very much. By the beating the game" thing, I was more concerned about completing the storyline and then having nothing else to do. A lot of games I have played are like that, and it ends up being a waste of 50 to 60 bucks. I was also wondering about class variations. I know that you are not a specific class such as mage, hunter, warrior, etc. However, do any of the races have skills they cannot learn, or just have a disadvantage with? I know right here and now I want a stealthy character that is boss with a bow. (sorry, can't get WoW standard stuff outta my mind)

There's plenty to the game after the main story line. It's not uncommon for someone to rack up 150-200 hours in the game. Plus there's an expansion pack and it won't be the last one for this game.

All the races can learn the same skills but some start off with more points in certain skills than others. They also have unique race bonuses, such as the dark elves being 50% resistant to fire damage and Argonian's ability to breathe underwater. You can pick any race in the game and still end up with the same results, excluding their unique skills. If you want to have the best start, either a khajiit or wood elf would be good, but it's definitely not necessary since those few skill points they start off with can easily be learned.

Yeah DuelMaster it is. I was skeptical at first but I tried it because there was dragons in it. I don't regret getting that game at all besides the fact I was playing it non-stop and not playing anything else for a few months. -lol-

I'v only played Morrowind. Don't own a 360 and i don't think my laptop can handle Oblivion let alone Skyrim.

I'v seen the two and I'm sure I'd get 100s of hours in them both but Morrowind is just.......Amazing. I'v a good 4000+ hours in to it total.

Jesus! -lol- Do you ever stop playing that game? I have it on the computer but I haven't played it much. Tried for 10 minutes and shut it off.

I played Oblivion for a while (I actually beat it, wow...), then I finally got Skyrim a few months after it came out. I just play the PC versions, am I seriously the only one who does that? I was always really excited for Skyrim, because it's all full of dragons... I wasn't sure I'd be able to kill them at first, I love them so much, but it turns out killing dragons is a lot of fun xd.png.

Currently, I'm being terrorized by Elder Dragons (and large groups of bandits, and snow bears that travel in twos) wherever I go, so it's kind of hard for me to accomplish much, but I have fun just wandering around and finding new places, trying to learn new shouts.

I'm playing as a Khajiit, because I'm a cat person xd.png. They look a lot cooler in Skyrim than they used to, though. (darn, I just missed the hourly drop because I was busy posting. Oh well.)

As for "beating the game", my eight-year-old brother has done it twice, and I still haven't. I want to play the Stormcloak plot all the way through before I end the war, because running around and messing with Imperials is fun. Hmm, maybe next time I'll lead one of those Elder Dragons straight to an Imperial camp and see how they react...

It's actually a lot harder to lead a dragon somewhere than I thought (at least for me). They keep getting distracted and fly off to fight something else. :/

I play on PC, too. Mainly because I don't have an xbox or PS3. But even if I did, I'd still play on PC. I like being able to have console commands in case something glitches and needs fixing.

I played Oblivion for a while (I actually beat it, wow...), then I finally got Skyrim a few months after it came out. I just play the PC versions, am I seriously the only one who does that? I was always really excited for Skyrim, because it's all full of dragons... I wasn't sure I'd be able to kill them at first, I love them so much, but it turns out killing dragons is a lot of fun xd.png.

Currently, I'm being terrorized by Elder Dragons (and large groups of bandits, and snow bears that travel in twos) wherever I go, so it's kind of hard for me to accomplish much, but I have fun just wandering around and finding new places, trying to learn new shouts.

I'm playing as a Khajiit, because I'm a cat person xd.png. They look a lot cooler in Skyrim than they used to, though. (darn, I just missed the hourly drop because I was busy posting. Oh well.)

As for "beating the game", my eight-year-old brother has done it twice, and I still haven't. I want to play the Stormcloak plot all the way through before I end the war, because running around and messing with Imperials is fun. Hmm, maybe next time I'll lead one of those Elder Dragons straight to an Imperial camp and see how they react...

Actually it's best to leave that until after the main quest line as you have to deal with them at one point in the main quest line.

Actually it's best to leave that until after the main quest line as you have to deal with them at one point in the main quest line.

You only have to deal with them if you haven't already done so. If you have won the civil war, that part is not available. Whether or not to complete the civil war depends on how much you value doing the peace conference. Personally I would do the main quest first because it can be fun using one of your perks for beating the main quest in the civil war quests.

I can never decide which quests to do at any given time. I usually have heaps that I'm in the middle of, then decided to do something else. xd.png I've finished some of the guild quests, though.

Skyrim is my latest addiction smile.gif I haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games but I plan to once I get a little money to spend on them. I'm a level 33 Redguard and I'm not very far into the story yet.

Is anyone else excited for the expansion that's coming out soon?

Hearthfire? I am, even though I literally just downloaded a "build your own home" mod. I think the idea's really cool, and will add a new level of immersion into the game.

It seems to have gotten a lot of hate though, considering Dawnguard still isn't out for PS3, even though Besthesda has said that Hearthfire hasn't slowed the developement of Dawnguard at all.

Also, Bosmer for the win! Woot!

I have yet to get Dawnguard (I'll call it DG often) and Hearthfire comes out the first day school starts for me :/ I want both though.

I'm going on a "hunting trip" again... I usually hunt in the fields around Whiterun over toward Markarth and such... mainly for the deer, sabre cats, wolves, occasional bear, dragons and Thalmor but anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm lvl 69 if that helps (I quit playing for most of my summer thanks to life throwing stuff at me) and have 100 sneak, smith, archery, and one-hand as well as 98 destruction.

I like to save, then murder everybody in a town, say... Whiterun. Or go wolf, and feast on their bodies.... then I reload my previous save... Which makes it all better, right?

Anyway, I just finished the Main Quest. I feel sad... and kinda empty...