El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Got another dragon just outside of Markarth again...

I actually killed that same dragon 4 times.

First time, after I killed it, I found out it killed someone's dog.  I felt bad and reloaded the previous save so I could try to stop it from being killed.  >.>;

Second time, the dragon flew to a Forsworn camp where they killed me after they killed the dragon.

Third time, the dragon stayed near Markarth.  I killed it then went to see if the dog was ok.  Come to find out, it got killed by a mudcrab.  A MUDCRAB.  I almost rage-quit'd but I decided to try it again.

Fourth time, it strayed away from Markarth and the Forsworn camp and I killed it without the dog dying.

Yep, I killed a dragon 4 times just to make sure a dog didn't die.  Because I'm awesome.  *shot*

Ah, yes... that dragon....

You wouldn't believe how many times it took me to kill it O.o

And every single time it went straight for the forsworn...

I'm suprised, Alduin was so Easy to kill O.o

I want more dragons to kill... I've finished the Dark Brother hood quests and the Companion quests... what now?

@WinterOsprey, that happened to me earlier today O.o I was like "Dragon.... die now please..." *pokes with sword* " Your meant to have died now..."

Alduin was very very easy to kill... Those two dragons right before him though, not so easy for a lvl 14 nord xd.png but I'm lvl 37 now and frosts are mostly easy for me.

I saved a dog from a dragon once... my "pet" mudcrab distracted the dragon while I moved the dog. That same mudcrab actually killed said dragon somehow.... still a mystery to me but apparent dragon-killing-mudcrabs die by arrows with one shot. something seems crabby there....

and that pack of 37 mudcrabs that followed me... they found me again. xd.png I'm starting to think that I should find a house for them. I tried killing them all off at Solitude (where I realized they followed me from that river in Riften the first time) and what I didn't say was that those mudcrabs can't die.... I hit 'em and no health bar no nothing shows up. But, I find this too funny so I've kept the glitched game. I did go back to that river to find 37 mudcrabs dead from a dragon attack which I think might be those same mudcrabs... which would explain why they aren't able to die xd.png

I find them all following me wherever I happen to be when close to a town or so. They don't attack, they just act like mudcrabs, harmless mudcrabs. If I fast travel to a town they won't be there but if I go sightseeing, they're there at some point along the way.

Anyone ever have something similar happen to them? It's gotta be some weird freak glitch... because one, 37mudcrabs is a lot to find in one spot... (though I think I picked them up while I walked to that river and then the dragon attacked) and two, I've never had it happen again.

Just saw a dragon fly into the top of a nearby mountain... it and the mountaintop disappeared but after I fast traveled, it came back... just without the dragon xd.png

Edited by Dragonhatchling

can someone give me their list of must have mods for Oblivion? I'm gonna reinstal later

So no help for my question? :<

unless you're at a trainer when it happens no it's not,it's a glitch.

Edited by Sorrowgrave

So no help for my question? :<

@WinterOsprey

I don't think there is a maximum number of souls. I have had 27 or so at once and nothing. Some dragons that stay at the Dragon Lairs after being killed once if you kill them again they don't disintegrate but seems that after a bit the dragon disappears and a new one respawns. I had that happen at Bonestrewn Crest. Fought with a Frost Dragon and it didn't do the usual disintegrate and give me its soul. Went back sometime later a Elder Dragon is there now. Now if I kill it it'll be a Ancient Dragon. Evil things T-T

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I killed the "dragon at Bonestrewn crest" for four different people. I think the game sees the dragons that spawn at word walls as the same dragon per wall, hence one soul.

I don't know about that that may be true. I think I had one disintegrate twice on me. I don't know anymore honestly! -lol-

Same thing happened to me. I fast traveled to a wall that had been "cleared" even though there was another dragon there. I killed it, and no soul was given. Methinks it's normal.

Maybe.

I'll repost my question:

Question for the pickpocketing types, I have got a spare character that is a Wood Elf and I wanted to raise his pickpocketing but when I do that the gold in my inventory seems to vanish. I can go to the Misc tab and it won't be in there. Is this how it's supposed to happen or no? (Also I am only planning on taking gold as I don't want to have a bunch of junk I can't sell.)

I don't know about that that may be true. I think I had one disintegrate twice on me. I don't know anymore honestly! -lol-

So far on this one character, I have had the same dragon disintegrate several times. Often times the dragon lairs are convenient places to fast travel to, so I have killed the dragon there several times and so far have gotten a soul each time. In fact, only once have I ever not gotten a soul when I killed a dragon on a different games and that was once on a dragon attacking Winterhold, not one at a wall.

After playing Oblivion a long while ago and Skyrim, I finally installed Morrowind. I downloaded a mod called MSGO 2.0 that basically updates the graphics and adds things like grass, advanced shaders, and less blocky NPC bodies. It looks really nice for a ten year old game!

It's taking some getting used to though, because there's no fast travel.

Okay, that same mod was attempted to be installed on this computer and because the Tribunal disc (for some reason) can't be installed the mod won't work. The mod was also installing itself in the wrong area. Is there any way you can give a walkthrough on how to install this thing properly? I'd have to probably download everything again and re install the game.

Maybe.

I'll repost my question:

Question for the pickpocketing types, I have got a spare character that is a Wood Elf and I wanted to raise his pickpocketing but when I do that the gold in my inventory seems to vanish. I can go to the Misc tab and it won't be in there. Is this how it's supposed to happen or no? (Also I am only planning on taking gold as I don't want to have a bunch of junk I can't sell.)

Sorrowgraved edited their post and said this was a glitch which is right above your 'so no help for my question' post wink.gif

I, for one (and speaking for the glitched 'ghost' mudcrab pack of 37 that follows me around now) believe this to be a glitch. I haven't had it happen for myself after all the times I've leveled pickpocketing... then again, no one had 37 mudcrabs spawn, get killed by a dragon and have those dead shells still there with harmless mudcrabs following me around constantly either... huge and funny glitch that is.

Has anyone ever searched a body or read a book when the game decides to not get the proper screen and instead make you have a floating limp body follow you around or a floating open book do the same until you jerk your character around enough that it goes flying away? Anyone? I have this happen occasionally...

@DragonHatchling

I sat there and read through all those posts twice and never seen it? o-o'

Hmm maybe it's because I got a low amount of Gold. It seems to not show if it's under 1000 or so in any chars inventory that I have or so it seems. :/

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I pickpocket a lot and nothing happens to my gold count. The worst thing that happened to me was some commander hired bandets to kill me. I need to join the stormcloaks so when i attack the jarl of Whiterun he will actually die. I also found out that werewolves have a roar that scare the crap out of people.

-lol- I'm going to join the Imperials because I like Whiterun. I finally finished the game and now it seems like all dragons besides the ones at the peak are gone! sad.gif Will it be like that for a bit or will they show up after a while? I fast traveled to 2-3 different places and nothing!

Well i fast travel al lthe time and dont get dragons but earlier today i was out riding my horse minding my own business when a dragon attacks. It breathes fire on a giant and the giant gets mad and kills my mercenray wizard. I kill the dragon then the giant coems and gets me when im not looking. Bad day to ride a horse. I also ahve a bounty in riften for killnig an arogian and a bounty in solitude for stealing from the east empire warehouse. I like whiterun but i want to be in charge of it so im gonan kill the jarl.

Aww come on what do i have to do to be a jarl ill kil lthe grey mqane then if he is the jarl! And ill kill the stupid mage first. he overcharges for spells. i will be the jarl or i will kill everyone in whiterun trying!

Edited by thomasgold19

Really? that sucks i was gonna kill everyone until i was jarl. Cept my wife she has money. My freind said u could be a jarl so i was gonna keep trying until i was one.

Ah... the good bounties.... I'm avoiding two holds now because of them.

My highest (one I am proud of) is 7,578,459 in gold for Riften and all for a small squabble over a spell book that I owned and wouldn't sell for such a dumb price. Then it led to murder... escape from jail... guard slaughter and aiding a dragon in slaughtering even more guards xd.png

Also avoiding the Imperials with a bounty of 457,987 gold. I shot some lady with an arrow when I meant to put it away (a case of pressing the wrong button) but I didn't think grazing her arm was enough to go to jail so... fight my way out of that city I did xd.png the day I started wishing my pack of mudcrabs actually could die so they could fight instead of being harmless... but they're good, odd, glitched pets xd.png

.... I have bounties all over it seems... just apparently not high enough to get attacked except for those. One guard in Whiterun tried to take me to jail but me being the lady with a dragon... I bribed him 20 gold to leave me alone. Considering I have 100,467 gold... not so bad. But I did loose half of that money in my house somewhere... I think Lydia took it all xd.png

My highest (one I am proud of) is 7,578,459 in gold for Riften

Oh god, I lol'd.

That's pretty epic right there.

Surprisingly, I have no bounties yet. .__.

I mean, I make sure I'm undetected when stealing junk...but I'm just surprised I haven't become lazy yet or I just don't pay attention and don't bother sneaking.

Ehh, it'll happen eventually.

On a spare character of mine I just got Shadowmere and my other horse was returned to Riften what would happen if I chose to use the other horse instead of Shadowmere? Would Shadowmere go back to the pool or what?

Since I had a glitch with that horse, I haven't tried it. One day I was playing and noticed I didn't have it anymore. I know it wasn't killed since it only died from falls. I had to restart my game from an earlier save point if I wanted to keep the horse, which I did. Since then I have always checked to make sure I have it and have not ridden another horse.

I can't help with the horse problem since I don't know much about how they work nor have I ever owned one.

But I do have a question of my own:

I recently completed the quest Waking Nightmare. Being a daedric quest, you have the option to get an artifact upon completion. I want to get the Oblivion Walker achievement which is only possible if you collect 15 different artifacts. So far, I have the Masque of Clavicus Vile, the Mace of Molag Bal, the Sanguine Rose, and the Wabbajack. At the end of Waking Nightmare, you can either kill some guy and get the Skull of Corruption, or you can spare him and not get it. Will it still count if I had first killed him and got the staff and saved, but then loaded a previous save and didn't kill him?

Ok, that sounds kinda confusing...

First, I killed the guy and got the staff. Then I saved a new save file.

After that, I loaded a save I had created right before I killed him. This time, I didn't kill him, and this is the save file I am currently using.

I still have both files, but I'm not using the one where I did kill him.

Will the save where I got the staff still count towards the Oblivion Walker achievement?