El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

well now im trying to find soem chick for the theives build but i got to fight through drager overlords which are hard t okill. Im going to let mercer fray kill them whil i sit bakc and shoot arrows at them.

It's the Drauger Deathlords you need to look out for. When I first encountered them, the killed me in one hit.

hoyl crap thoat doesnt sound fun. The good nes is i have a flawless skimtar with a fire enchantment on it. 40 damage and it is killnig everything

I'm on the last quest for the Thieves Guild... and I had forgotten how much I hate dwarven cities before I remember I had to go to Blackreach again.... guess who I found! xd.png One of the dragons of old... and he nearly killed me without me realizing.

I'm lvl 38 and well, Elder Dragons hate me. Human is a staple in their diet... well... nord is. That and, uh, horse... but no matter what I do, they love trying to throw me around and eat me! I keep killing them and they know it... revenge of the dead dragons *a loud roar is heard far off* aw crap... wait what! Ancient Dragon you better not come over here.... blink.gif

Ancient Dragons are a pain for me still. The frost ones aren't so bad but those stupid fire ones kill me easily because I'm a nord. sleep.gif' Stupid things.

Fire dragons and ice dragons due same damage because im a RedGaurd (wish i was a cat person) so yea dragons aren't a probelm so much as a nuiscense. I also jsut took over whiterun! that was fun i want to do it again. I though my wife had died when i got a letter of inhertince afterwards but i was wrond she lived. I also have to go do the last theives guild quest but im going ot hold off for a bit cause i dotn wanna fight falmor yet.

Edited by thomasgold19

I stick with the Argonians. No reason except they look cool. I'm on my third playthrough as an Argonian sword and shield brute.

I stick with the Argonians. No reason except they look cool. I'm on my third playthrough as an Argonian sword and shield brute.

Argonians are a great all-around species. No real weaknesses, can breath underwater, resistant to disease, and can regenerate health faster.

And yeah, they look cool tongue.gif I'm going along using primarily regeneration, heavy armor, and my Dwarven warhammer.

I too am having trouble with the Elder and Ancient dragons. Elders I can kill with the aid of my shouts and my trusty warhammer, but I have yet to confront an Ancient and survive.

Edited by High Lord November

elders and ancients havent attacked me yet but ill probaly do ok with my fire shout and dual weilded flawless skimtars that do 40 damage. I also jsut took over solitude! the place looks like crap after the stormcloaks set it on fire

I went with the Stormcloaks on my first playthrough. Wasn't satisfied knowing that Ulfric is such a racist and I was an Argonian, so I went with the Imperial legion on my current playthrough and enjoyed it much better. What I'm looking forward to is seeing if Bethesda makes a GotY edition of Skyrim. Hoping that any DLC they release will be included, ALL DLC. Was disapointed that the GotY of Oblivion didn't include everything. While on the topic of DLC, I really hope they bring back Solsteim form Morrowind. After all, it is an island of the coast of Skyrim is it not?

Well im gonig to wait and see about the DLCs before i buy them. I am the thane of whiterun, solitude, markaroth, and morthal. I am gonig to go do the mai ncamapign pretty soon cause i mbored

I've been attacked by Elders and ancients all over the place nowadays (I'm in the level 40s, I can't recall what the exact level was).

I actually went against my first ancient at level 30. It was glitched though (which made it so much easier along with the people following me). I usually use dragonrend on them first and just assault them with my bow. I have an archery of 100, so it's pretty easy.

I've been attacked by Elders and ancients all over the place nowadays (I'm in the level 40s, I can't recall what the exact level was).

I actually went against my first ancient at level 30. It was glitched though (which made it so much easier along with the people following me). I usually use dragonrend on them first and just assault them with my bow. I have an archery of 100, so it's pretty easy.

I got attacked by an ancient dragon when I was level 20 something. I hadn't gotten dragonrend yet and it kept respawning between me and the next main quest point. I finally killed it by having 50 million healing potions and smacking it with my sword.

I got attacked by an ancient dragon when I was level 20 something. I hadn't gotten dragonrend yet and it kept respawning between me and the next main quest point. I finally killed it by having 50 million healing potions and smacking it with my sword.

Wow that must have been tough! I was killed the first time the ancient spawned near me because I was in the middle of a big fight when he appeared. It took me several healing potions and a lot of hiding before I finally got ihm.

I remember telling a friend of mine about my encounter and he basically told me it was impossible. Apparently ancients are not supposed to appear untl the level 40-50 range?

Wow that must have been tough! I was killed the first time the ancient spawned near me because I was in the middle of a big fight when he appeared. It took me several healing potions and a lot of hiding before I finally got ihm.

I remember telling a friend of mine about my encounter and he basically told me it was impossible. Apparently ancients are not supposed to appear untl the level 40-50 range?

Yeah this guy must've killed me 5 or 6 times. I'm still only level 38, and he was very definitely an ancient (I have a scary save file to prove it).

According to the wiki: "They are typically encountered after reaching level 35, and become much more common around level 50."

Considering I also got a few Elder dragons before I was very high of a level, I think my game just hates me.

The game has gotten boring for me though. Things started to be too easy so I've been grinding non-combat skills in the hopes of making opponents tougher. That and running around naked a lot.

Haha, the game has gotten pretty boring for me as well. I've already completeed the thieves guild, Mage's college, Dark brotherhood, and the main questline. It's all gotten pretty easy for me (Though I'm still a poor khajiit lol).

I've just been running around doing quests. I was at one point hunting down the dragon priest masks, but I have them all now.

still havent gotten dragonrend and right now im worknig on killing mercer fray right now but im stuck a room so i jsut finished looking up how to get out of the room on youtube. So mercer will die a painful death and i will rule over all thieves

My first elder was when I had to go see alduins wall, that sucker ambused me in the middle of the massive fight with a Forsworn encampment. I just hid in the water under the wooden bridges and would pop out ever second or so to shoot an arrow or cast a spell. He never killed me due to my little hideout, but it must have taken at least an hour to finish him. Man did I enjoy taking Ulfrics head off, that racist dictator deserved it.

My first elder was when I had to go see alduins wall, that sucker ambused me in the middle of the massive fight with a Forsworn encampment. I just hid in the water under the wooden bridges and would pop out ever second or so to shoot an arrow or cast a spell. He never killed me due to my little hideout, but it must have taken at least an hour to finish him. Man did I enjoy taking Ulfrics head off, that racist dictator deserved it.

I was in the very area and met a dragon myself: my first ancient dragon. I had to hide myself due to the fact that I was caught off guard. It took me about half an hour to take out the ancient though. After it had already killed me once xd.png

*Pokes Alduin* Why you have hangbutt?

I can't believe all the dragons have hangbut... sleep.gif

Why did the game makers not pay attention D:

I killed the dragons becuase they had hangbutt. 'Nuf said.

My first elder was in the collage of winterhold when i was level 36 i belive. I killed it all by myself cause the mages were too busy sleeping. I still need to return the skeleton key so i can lead they theives guild but im to lazy. That is today's goal. I also hired a mercinary and gave him all epic draven armor so he would live longer. Im working on making it so i can carty his armor if he dies.

My first elder was in the collage of winterhold when i was level 36 i belive. I killed it all by myself cause the mages were too busy sleeping. I still need to return the skeleton key so i can lead they theives guild but im to lazy. That is today's goal. I also hired a mercinary and gave him all epic draven armor so he would live longer. Im working on making it so i can carty his armor if he dies.

Heh, I hired a mercenary once. I gave them daedriac armor. They lived for a LONG time, but eventually died. Everything they owned made me incredibly heavy, but of course I was not about to leave it all.

I did not return the skeleton key for a long time,but when I did, I had glitch problems. It was fairly annoying, but I eventually managed to get past it.