El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

I actually didn't care for wither side of the war, but I did join the stormcloaks as a high elf mage because it just made sense at the time.

Just for fun, anyone want to try to guess where the next game would take place?

I got Skyrim about two weeks ago and I am SO obsessed; I've played a ridiculous number of hours so far (Steam tells me it's 60). I'm a High Elf, and I think I'm going to join the Imperials. The towns I've been to so far are Riverwood, Whiterun, Ivarstead, Winterhold, and yesterday I made it to Windhelm and Dawnstar. The world is just HUGE! So many caves and stuff, so many quests. o.o

Well i got back into skyrim after i got oblivion and was comaplining abotu how skyrim is so much better and as soon as i started palying skyrim i got the dawnbreaker sword. IT IS AMAZING looking.

I got Skyrim about two weeks ago and I am SO obsessed; I've played a ridiculous number of hours so far (Steam tells me it's 60). I'm a High Elf, and I think I'm going to join the Imperials. The towns I've been to so far are Riverwood, Whiterun, Ivarstead, Winterhold, and yesterday I made it to Windhelm and Dawnstar. The world is just HUGE! So many caves and stuff, so many quests. o.o

Yeah it is a very huge game. I'm still working through my main character (haven't played in a month or so cuz I'm taking a break from it).

@thomasgold19

I like the Dawnbreaker a bit but it can be totally useless at a highish level and not having it upgraded. :x

I tried playing Oblivion earlier. I used to think that game was BEAUTIFUL, but after playing Skyrim, I can't seem to think of it like that anymore. :'C

Still a hell of a wonderful game though. Falcar is one of me favorite npcs, I have no idea why. :V

I actually just started to play any of these games. O___O I've seen lots of people play Skyrim but I just recently started to play Oblivion since my brother picked it up. ._. It is actually quite enjoyable.

Oh god Oblivion is magnificent. You should try Morrowind too sometime.

but yeah man seriously, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are just so aslkfjaskldf. I love playing sneaky / assassin classes. That, or some sort of necromancer custom class.

I really liked it. But the dragons kicked my butt to next Tuesday. They showed up EVERYWHERE. >.< But aside from that I really liked it.

Oh god Oblivion is magnificent. You should try Morrowind too sometime.

but yeah man seriously, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are just so aslkfjaskldf. I love playing sneaky / assassin classes. That, or some sort of necromancer custom class.

xd.png I prefer much more of a righteous path when playing games like this. I don't steal, dont kill innocent people (Only in self defense), and I like to do things the old fashioned nitty-gritty way lol. Theres too many bad people in the world these days xd.png

@Kyoko: Oh the mighty dragons xd.png they can be a pain

I was fortunate enough to witness an epic battle in Skyrim a couple minutes ago.

I started fighting a blood dragon, and it suddenly flew off and started attacking something else that I couldn't see from where I was. As I climbed the hill, I saw a mammoth fly up into the air and fall down again. Turns out that the dragon had decided to go after a couple mammoths, and the giants who owned those mammoths weren't too happy about it. So the one mammoth had been killed, but the battle consisted of the blood dragon, another mammoth, two angry giants, a random wolf, and my follower, who I was praying wouldn't get himself killed. In the end, the giants killed the dragon, the mammoth was weakened enough that I could kill it with an arrow, the wolf obviously didn't last long, and somehow my follower made it out of there alive. It was quite entertaining to watch. biggrin.gif

I was fortunate enough to witness an epic battle in Skyrim a couple minutes ago.

I started fighting a blood dragon, and it suddenly flew off and started attacking something else that I couldn't see from where I was. As I climbed the hill, I saw a mammoth fly up into the air and fall down again. Turns out that the dragon had decided to go after a couple mammoths, and the giants who owned those mammoths weren't too happy about it. So the one mammoth had been killed, but the battle consisted of the blood dragon, another mammoth, two angry giants, a random wolf, and my follower, who I was praying wouldn't get himself killed. In the end, the giants killed the dragon, the mammoth was weakened enough that I could kill it with an arrow, the wolf obviously didn't last long, and somehow my follower made it out of there alive. It was quite entertaining to watch. biggrin.gif

O___O wow sounds like a battle of quite epic proportions. The poor wolf :/ It's cool that they prevailed over a dragon though xd.png.

If Purity was a hero, I was him in both Oblivion and Skyrim.

I never killed innocents unless they were jerks. You know that kid in Windhelm? The one who goes "I'm not afraid of you?"

I made her fear me. She ran. Ran like a baby.

I killed a chicken on accident and people attacked me, but that was about it. I slaughtered the dark brotherhood and only joined the thieves guild to help them out. I gave up being a werewolf (which people say I was stupid to do) and bought a nice house in windhelm.

My brother, on the other hand, was the bane of both games. He was always a khajiit, and basically just... ripped the world apart. He was a stealthy assassin type, who slew anyone in his path. It was awful.

tongue.gif

@Kyoko: Oh the mighty dragons xd.png they can be a pain

They just showed up everywhere! Like, I couldn't even go to the next town over without getting attacked. Really stunk when I had to walk the entire way to the magic collage. Stupid dragons....

That would have been awesome to watch. Sadly the only "epic" one I got to watch I tried to get involved in and the giant killed me. Dx Next time I'm so staying out of them! -lol-

Ahhh Skyrim....my one true love. It was love at first sight when I saw the Skyrim trailer, still playing it to this day <3

One of my fave games of all time!

I got the dawngaurd pack and its fun my only problem is that vampire lords are awesome but have to drink people's blood so i went with the dawngaurd

Anyone find a glowing green dragon yet? I have one that always shows up in that pass to the left of Mount Anthor and its "type" changes from a plain dragon all to an ancient dragon each time... but always glowing green with no spriggan around ever.... that thing despises me!!!

Usually I can just get dragons to leave me alone too (aside from the ancients who have it in for me.... I think the green one is their leader xd.png ) and they either fly away or go attack whatever else is in sight but me.

Ancients and that weird dragon fly around then are "Oh!!! Oh you're back!? I'm gonna kill you!" so I can't really avoid them :|

Ancients love to eat my head too.... and at lvl 71... that shouldn't be happening xd.png

The Thieves Guild was awesome and I'm still doing the Dark Brotherhood quests... I took a break. Though since I started the game I've kinda been assassinating my own choice of people (mainly just the random people who try to kill me...) and I'm quite good at it. My sneak (is far from master) is so good that I can walk right in front of someone, touch them for a good... I'd say like 5mins real life (was trying to figure out what that would be for Skyrim time...) and they don't notice. Even if I have my bow drawn (nothing special about the bow... and I use the weakest arrows) they don't notice but they're dead once they go "Where- I guess I was hearing things" which my friends find very amusing.

I've had 2 non-hostile-towards-me dragon encounters recently. They'll attack anything else, but never me.

An elder dragon even landed right in front of me to attack a frost troll. It killed the troll, turned towards me, and stared. I squee'd, actually. I wanted to pet it. |D

Is this supposed to happen?

If it's possible to answer this question without any kind of spoilers, that would be nice. I still haven't finished the main questline. I'm taking my sweet time.

I've had 2 non-hostile-towards-me dragon encounters recently. They'll attack anything else, but never me.

An elder dragon even landed right in front of me to attack a frost troll. It killed the troll, turned towards me, and stared. I squee'd, actually. I wanted to pet it. |D

Is this supposed to happen?

If it's possible to answer this question without any kind of spoilers, that would be nice. I still haven't finished the main questline. I'm taking my sweet time.

No, it's not supposed to happen, but you're just lucky. Maybe since you haven't completed the main quest line it doesn't know what to do? Have you talked to Delphine yet?

Also I should add that Skyrim is probably my favorite game, but I am still slightly annoyed (is that the word I'm looking for? Maybe "irked" would be better) by the fact that the dragons are technically wyverns.

I'm at the part where I have to find the location of the Elder Scroll.

I keep getting terribly distracted with side quests. ._.

That happens a lot. At one point I wanted to clear them all then continue on the quest until I realized that aint ever gonna happen.

right now i got to get water from a bunch of gazebos so i can get to some legendary bow needed in the campaign for the dawngaurd pack but i cant get to the last gazebo and its really annoying so yea. But its fun i love killing all the vampires.

Also I should add that Skyrim is probably my favorite game, but I am still slightly annoyed (is that the word I'm looking for? Maybe "irked" would be better) by the fact that the dragons are technically wyverns.

This!!

That and anyone know that one sidequest in the mage college with that girl who's like "I could really use your help"? Well... I was dumb one day and deleted most of my saves without ever realizing I started that quest... I found out that my game glicthed (xboxs hate me) and the spell she cast never took effect (no I didn't have any blessings or magical items to deflect magic and such) so it's stuck in Mics with "wait for ____'s spell to ware off". I looked at active effects and there's nothing (there was once but it disppeared when it was supposed to but never registered that) so I tried going back to start it again. She's apparently my follower now but still keeps saying "I could still use some help if you can" constantly.

Anyone know if there's a work around without having that save? Like I said I deleted that save (on accident actually... if I would've realized it glicthed I wouldn't have done that until it was fixed). Thanks.

Aside from that... Ancient Dragons hate me. I'm lvl 64 and well... finished the main quest. Every other dragon doesn't seem to care (even Elders who just sit there or fly around looking at me roaring...) but Ancients are like "Oh!!! Foooooddd!!! *Chomp* *throw* or *breath and then a prompt tail-smash then throw*" .....I'm high enough level to kill them with sneak in two shots and with my exquisite glass sword in like 10 shots to the wing.... I don't use shields... I'm pretty good at magic (destruction is at 96- I have most spells) yet I still die with throwing when it wants to... easily! All I have to do is walk up to his head....

any tips? I have the end of the Thievs Guild Quest armor (the "special" armor you get from two people)

Bring potions and go at it. Also, if you die that easily giving some points to health when leveling up wouldn't be a bad idea.

I love Skyrim, but I still haven't finished it. It's mainly because it freezes every time I spend more then a minute in town. It never happens in the wilderness - just in towns. And that save file not loading after it gets to big glitch. It just killed the game for me. ( And yes I have latest patches, up and running) It isn't even a problem with my comp, since it has enough power to run it on high settings, and I went with low setting in effort to minimize the lag. It didn't help.

I'll probably leave skyrim for the next year, when hopefully, Bethesda will get out some patches to fix that.