LoveLost

Trials and Travels OOC

Ok, I'm not the expert/authority on the subject (but I am some authority on it).

Silver, Blaise is on par in power level with the arch nemesis of the entire plot. IE: he could go one on one with her and probably win.

Needless to say... that kinda breaks the plot.

Assertion: You probably didn't quite understand the guides LN made.

Also, a "Legendary" character, has to be kinda old. Since it takes roughly 5 or more years to move from one level to another (and those are years of intense training not just years spent alive).

So this is kind of a message to everyone who is creating characters. Specialization means "Specialization refers to the process of becoming specialized; specialty refers to a special pursuit, occupation, or product."

You can't "specialize" at many things, you specialize at 1 or maaaaybe 2 things.

Also, the idea with the powers and different levels is that your characters are good at certain aspects and not good at others. The guides aren't meant to be a list of things your character can either do "perfectly" or "not at all." Your characters will be in-between those two extremes in every ability they can use or they will be in the "not at all" category in abilities they cannot use.

Also the guides aren't an end all be all powers list, you can make powers up (that comply for the most part with the laws of physics and that LL approves), they're just suggestions and explanations of general things that each elemental type are capable of.

Let me use Kai as an example:

His ability to control earth element is limited almost entirely to sand as opposed to rock (which he has little ability with). Also he has almost no ability to manipulate sand that is wet. Furthermore the farther away from his body the sand is, the harder it is to control and the more energy and concentration it requires.

If you've seen Naruto, he's no Gaara of the Desert. (

)

With his lightning element he's had virtually no training at all. Therefore his only ability is to channel it through his body from natural sources, or produce a minor discharge on contact. And his ability to channel is based on his training with earth, not lightning (because earth elementalism is all about balance and flow).

Now if you throw him in with a storm elementarian like Noe who can give him unlimited lightning to work with, and then have him combine his elements into the lightning rod technique... well yes, he can obliterate quite a bit. But that's because it's a combination of smaller techniques and an entire other person working with him.

The idea of teamwork is incredibly important. There has to be a reason for each character to be a member of whatever team they are a part of. Teammates are meant to balance one another out, to make up for one another's weaknesses and feed one another's strengths. All-powerful characters are also no fun to play or to interact with since they have no depth of character to them.

This making sense to everyone?

I see. Yes, this makes perfect sense. Sorry, I just.. Heh. I suppose I've been watching Sherlock too much, where the main character is perfect and can practically do anything. I'll go back over and bring him down a notch.

Edith: Heh. I consulted him about which abilities he would manage to be bereft of.

"Magnetic fields? Who needs that, anyway. It's not like I'd be using it at all." And needless to say, he wasn't bothered about not being able to enhance anyone else anymore.

Edited by Silver_Voices

Hahaaa Sherlock.... D-don't.. - 3-

Anyways, I can't wait to see updated Blaise, however~ I love all of everyone's characters, actually, because there's so much to each of them! You guys are so good at making characters okay <3 That's part of why I love this RP so much.

Hahaa you don't know how much I just stay on the RP main page and refresh every five seconds because I want to see the replies as soon as they come! (well, at least when the RP is running...)

I really gotta stop editing this post but omg there are so many people here it makes me happy ;v; Uhuhuuuu we are so starting up properly ahhh now if only LL was here ;o;

Edited by lachrymation

Hehehe.... I almost but still kind of did throw in a "Not my division" joke over with the materialization...

Jah, I do love Blaise.

And Sherlock is an awesome series! But... I can't bring myself to watch the final episode, because new ones don't come out until after The Hobbit 2. o.o

Back on topic, you guys are doing awesome. Lach, he looks like a great character. happy.gif Hahah, can't wait to get a taste of that personality of his.

Hi DragonPelt!!!

Rak, that does make sense. Although remember, Silver wants a Legendary character so he does get to be more powerful.

As for the personality thing, that is very important; it is one of the reasons team cohesion fell apart just a bit during the end of the last session. Not every character had a reason to stay with the team. happy.gif So I'm glad to see characters coming that will have a reason.~

*looks high*

*looks low*

*looks left*

*looks right*

I dun see a LoveLost anywhere. ~_o We still await your arrival, o great leader!

And I can summarize everything we spoke of when she arrives. happy.gif

Oh yeah. I'm kind of planning to make him part of the Shadow Alliance... because I just don't see the Light Alliance hiring an experienced killer/assassin...

And.. just 'cause I like the dark side ;3

EDIT: ...Here I am at it again.. I should just like.. find a way to be able to chat with you guys other than having to keep refreshing waiting for your replies ;A;

/Wow it's killing me

Edited by lachrymation

Heheh. happy.gif

Looks like most people cleared out for the night. I ought to go soon too.

What're your three favorite elements would you say, Lach?

I don't actually really know xd.pngD

Fire is definitely one of them~ I just love fire (3 bad boys)

Mmm I also like plants and metal.

... why three they're my characters orz.

Mwa I am out but I hacked into the building's wifi. =w=

Hehe. I have Julian's abilities mostly sorted out. He is more like John than Sherlock.

I'll ask LN if she's working on one.

Also just remember that the guides are "guides" not "set in stone" this is how it is.

They have a couple of uses:

They give you an idea of what is considered to be "appropriate" for each power level.

They give you examples of somethings your character could do with his/her element.

What they are not:

They are not an exhaustive list of possibilities with your element. They are meant to give you some ideas and get you kick-started into coming up with the ways your character might use his/her element that makes that character unique from the generic guide.

Just remember that if you do create something, you need to get it approved by LL (unless she designates someone else who can also approve things).

But don't let that hold you back from being creative!

Water especially is... flowing. It can take almost any shape. It is I think the only liquid that increases in size when it freezes (making ice very useful). It's all over, in the air, in the ground, and inside you!

Think about the unique ways that physics/chemistry apply to your element, you can often come up with more uses than you thought possible for your element if you understand the element itself within the boundaries of how it actually works in real life.

(for all you space elementarians... yeah.... none of that applies sorry) tongue.gif

*gulp*

uhhhhhhh, well, four pages since I have last been able to get on. YIKES! Needless to say, I am very happy with that as well as the length of the characters. HOWEVER, this means it will take me a bit.

To EVERYONE: thank you so much for helping me out in getting the power guides up and running and pictures and all of the whole shebang. Also, please make sure that you take advice from one another when I am not here. If there is anything that you don't know about, check with DP or I and we can help you set things straight.

You guys are awesome! I'll read the pages probably Sunday that way I can actually breathe instead of rush-read like I have to do for American Lit....which reminds me....

Gotta Dash!

EDIT: ^^^^^ What he said!

Also with water, with what I can gain from skimming, will be unable to freeze into ice if one is a water elementian. Otherwise, that would make that person a dual elementian. I mainly did this to press the creativity of one's imagination into a different direction smile.gif

EDIT AGAIN: If I don't get to your PM's, I'm sorry. Gimme just a bit. I won't respond to any e-mails other than school related at the moment either. So just make sure and PM me please smile.gif

Edited by LoveLost

lol

sorry to overwhelm you LL,

probably the most important thing for you to do right now is to decide between all of the potential name choices. (see thread to get what I mean)

(and completely kidding fyi biggrin.gif )

seriously though, you should see Noe's new house and let me know what you think of my proposed change to Kai's backstory (to include the last year) which I simply added to the document you have set up on the first page of the actual RP.

God bless,

Rak.

PS: Welcome Back! smile.gif

You're here!!!! I has the NC ready.

LL, an update of what you might have missed:

Loren's Updated Profile

Lach's Updated Character Sheets

Silver's Updated Characters. Right below that post is Lach's awesome suggestions for new pictures for the general Elementians.

General list of who's who and where they stand.

Note that Kai's Profile in Rak's document has been updated to include Lightning Abilities... and some info regarding him and Noe.

Silver's New Character Blaise

DragonPelt's Updated Skylar

Tentative Metal Guide and a Guide to Guides.

Tentative Wind Guide. Two posts down is the Tentative Space Guide.

That's it! The rest of the time... we're all just being excited. xd.png <3

And yes everyone, I has Water Guide. I'll post it in a second. <3 I just want to say Hi to LL for now. happy.gif We await you Sunday. And I'm on Spring Break now!!!

Edit: Here's the Water Guide! As LL stated, water cannot be made into Ice by a Water Elementian. Likewise, Ice Elementians cannot melt their Ice into Water. But, as Ice Elementians can freeze water, so Water Elementians can un-freeze Ice. Honestly, if a Water got into a fight with an Ice, they'd kind of be fighting eternally. xd.png It would be a sight to behold. Anyway...

Water Elementians

3 out of 10 taken

Water Elementians are from the underwater city of Triton. The city is made of walls that are translucent and they have their own technology that allows them to build small machines that make it so that they can breathe under water.

Beginner Water Control

- Putting out a fire with water is pretty much beginner control. The ability to move small amounts of water in whatever direction desired for short distances at a slow pace.

Apprentice Water Control

- The ability to form water into whatever shape wished as well as the ability to pull water from surrounding areas such as, underground, the air, and plants.

- The ability to form water into a single weapon and barely move it coherently.

- Beginning to be able to separate large masses of water into individual strands and controlling them, like small whips.

-Ability to control already moving water/waves, making it bulge in areas and shift direction temporarily.

Tertiary Water Control

-Ability to make waves ten times larger than they are and control water movement in a body of water.

-Ability to pressurize small to medium areas of water into compact water, making it hard and dangerous on impact.

-The ability to form water into a weapon of sorts and use it in a basic attacking maneuver. Many water elementians are able to hold this for at least two minutes before having to release the water, or change weapons.

-The ability to breathe underwater

Journeyman Water Control

- Water as a sharp knife or long whip-like weapon. More permanent formation of blunt weapons; ‘solid’ water lasts longer without concentration.

- Entire bodies of water can be controlled in a mass; with effort they can be shaped/pressurized.

-Large hurricanes and other such water phenomena can be created—or stopped.

Mastery and/or Specialization

- Ability to control water in a human body in a puppet-like way. Could also make them puke by upsetting water in stomach area.

-Ability to view things a far distance off by using water near them.

- Ability to take the tiny molecules of water out of the air or plants in any area and use it as regular water, and the ability to combine hydrogen and oxygen to make more water.

-Ability to hear the “Song of the Waves”, a hard to explain phenomena that allows the listener to read and understand emotions for a day, heal wounds with water or calm/restore the minds of allies (user must be in a general state of peace to do this).

Edited by LadyNatasha

O.o Muust, get to chem lab! Ugh, you guys are way too much fun and I am so happy to be a part of such a wonderful group of people who are willing to get in there and make this RP their own. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! And I am super excited as well smile.gif

Okay, so, I'll get things updated on the pictures (GREAT JOB LACH! I totally forgot about zerochan), forms and getting the power guides read over and updated.

Omword I love you people <3

user posted image

Well, here's where things can get gray. Do you want her to be a legendary? If you do, then let me know and we can talk about it. Otherwise, yeah. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Also, I would like to mention that seeing as this is a Literate RP, make sure that you put a ton of thought into your characters. I am going to us Blaise as an example. That's incredibly. Everything thought out. The same with LN's characters as well as Kai. PLEASE, I beg you, this is very important when a character is made.

A profile is not set in stone, but rather, it can alter and change. Put thought into your characters current abilities and qualities.

As to the guides, from what I am seeing, this is absolutely brilliant. LN and Rak are spot on in what is being done.

I know things are changing in the RP. and I will type a few things here.

Three Powered Elementians - Spread the powers evenly. They have several powers, yes, but they are all even. HOWEVER, choose ONE power that they have that they reach a mastery in at some point.

Light - Mainly a heat related abilitiy. Can START fires, absence or extreme presence of light. Can be somewhat like the sun in their light production. (mainly legendary). Can become light to travel short distances. However it is very taxing and can kill.

Plant - becoming a plant is legendary level. Control of small plants (grass, weeds, flowers, ferns, the like). Control of large plants (trees ect.) They can make plants grow from seeds (idea from Isis wink.gif ) and have an extensive, innate knowledge of herbs, plants and remedies extracted from plants and remedies.

Shadow - Absence of light. Unfortunately, because of the hatred towards them, the shadow elementians have grown stronger than most others. Shadow can become solid for most of them. Their abilities are up for discussion.

Water - cannot be solidified. Can be used as a weapon much like a high pressure water pump. high pressure water can be used to cut metal ya know. Many abilities can be found. If you recall Nero and Leo, one was able to form weapons more easily and the other was able to make a shield out of water.

Metal and Space already have guides I think.....

Metal - Pretty self explanatory. however, this is one that i am not sure what could be qualified as a legendary ability

Space - Blaise is a perfect example of Legendary. Black holes and the like are reserved for them. Now, normal space is telepathy, telekinesis, and advanced intelligence. Results in them more often than not becoming vagabonds when not in their home town.

Weather - their abilities span so widely for all of them. it's weather! Beginner would be dust devils, minor control of tempests. A fully matured Elementian can control all types of weather, or could even go so far as to create storms through altering the temperature of the world around them barometric pressure included. A legendary could do that without having to touch the temperature or pressure. They make it happen.

Earth - I'll do more in the morning!

Edited by LoveLost

Got a new image for Luna's appearance: x

It looks like she's grown up a little bit.

Working on finding a better one for Renzo since his is ridiculously generic.

Thanks LL! That helps a lot. I actually had more guides written up but will edit them according to your specifications there. And if you see anything on the current Guides you want edited, just tell me.

As for metal's legendary... that is a hard one. I'd say the person would just be so very in-tune with metal, they could literally do almost anything possible with it; speed up its molecules to make it hot, slow them down to make it freezing, sense magnetic pulls for miles, maybe slightly control the metals in the human body to cause pain... something like that.

@Blue: yep yep! Grown indeed. happy.gif

It's Saturday. ^^

Yaay, weekend.

I wrote up most of Julian last night by hand, but once I type it out I should have him finished by this afternoon.

I admire you for writing it by hand. xd.png Something I probably wouldn't do. The only things my hands do in regard to characters are attempt to draw them, usually ending up in a fail mess. happy.gif

Happy weekend! Spring Break started for me too, so soon I shall be headed home. <3

Do you have a picture for Julian?

Sou ka. Well, I wouldn't have had to if my laptop hadn't self-destructed.

Ohh, fun. Happy break.

I do, I do! Julian is --> here. He's not as 'bad boy' as he looks. sleep.gif

Eek, sorry about your laptop. I've had the self-destruction happen to mine before, NOT fun.

Silver... that picture... xd.png

You got my PM; Similarities, yes? happy.gif Heheh. Should be fun! Can't wait to see his profile.~

Edited by LadyNatasha