Gryphonish

Scroll Dragons Counter

Support. It'd be awesome to have a count of how many of each breed. There's no way I'd be able to keep track of the massive hoards of Trihorns, Undines and Nhiostrife's I plan to collect. laugh.gif

I would love to have more sorting options in general, along with a counter of eggs/hatchies/frozens...

I don't like using the drag and drop sorting method because of how many dragons i have.

honestly, i'd love to sort my dragons by recently dropped breeds and youngest of each breed at the top so i know what all i have when. Maybe in the future, i'd love to see us being able to categorize, maybe in folders? for lineages or breeds or seasons, what have you!

I offer my undying support for anything that will let me count my dragon armies more easily rolleyes.gif

Just a tip for people with big armies to count - go into custom sort, sort by breed, subtract the number of the first dragon of a breed from the number of the last dragon of that breed. That gives you the total number of all dragons between those two - in other words, the total number of that dragon type. Just don't click "save" if you don't want to mess up your sorting, obviously.

Still, I'd love to be able to see how many I have of each dragon type/gender/etc. without having to do the math myself or go to another site. So yeah I support this 1000% (:

Went through and counted some of the dragon breeds on my scroll earlier this afternoon, and yes, a feature like this would be helpful! laugh.gif

Support! *tosses in 9482934728934723894723894723894237582374293473 quarters*

The reason I support this is that it would help people that didn't know a single fansite. It would also help everyone else so they wouldn't have to check on fansites or their signature all the time to see their adults.

Support! *tosses in 9482934728934723894723894723894237582374293473 quarters*

The reason I support this is that it would help people that didn't know a single fansite. It would also help everyone else so they wouldn't have to check on fansites or their signature all the time to see their adults.

There is the dragcave tool too.

http://dcrecords.tj09.net/

But its not linked in the site nor is it well known. As well as that's no different than a fan site as you have to go to some external part of DC to find out that information. I would be better to have it on site where its easily accessible such as with the egg limits or a link in the help section satin stats counter and such for users to have direct and easy access to.

But its not linked in the site nor is it well known. As well as that's no different than a fan site as you have to go to some external part of DC to find out that information. I would be better to have it on site where its easily accessible such as with the egg limits or a link in the help section satin stats counter and such for users to have direct and easy access to.

It is TJ's and not a third party's though.

I would welcome a direct link on the cave pages, I admit.

I really like this idea. Last time I counted all my dragons, it was actually pretty obnoxious since I was constantly forgetting the number where I was.

Which I keep forgetting about, and which also isn't working for me, at the moment at least. I log in and get a white page with large black letters saying Check Records. That's all and it goes nowhere from there.

Which I keep forgetting about, and which also isn't working for me, at the moment at least. I log in and get a white page with large black letters saying Check Records. That's all and it goes nowhere from there.

How odd. It's fine here... Maybe it ties in with the issues syphoneira is having with internet for the forums - see if you have the same provider ?

As has been said in another (closed) thread (which I'd like to see merged in here)

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173393

- it seems to be scroll-size related. It now doesn't work for me - the error message seems to kick in around 4,500 dragons.

Check Records

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4 bytes) in /home/tj09/domains/dcrecords.tj09.net/public_html/_/modules/check.php on line 7

Having a link to http://dcrecords.tj09.net/ on the egg limits page would be the best option, I think - as long as it is fixed so that it actually works. I imagine if the stats were there, they'd come from the same place, and would be borked at 4,500 as well.

I can't see any reason for breed information being in the API though.

As has been said in another (closed) thread (which I'd like to see merged in here)

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173393

- it seems to be scroll-size related. It now doesn't work for me - the error message seems to kick in around 4,500 dragons.

Having a link to http://dcrecords.tj09.net/ on the egg limits page would be the best option, I think - as long as it is fixed so that it actually works. I imagine if the stats were there, they'd come from the same place, and would be borked at 4,500 as well.

I can't see any reason for breed information being in the API though.

I actually didn't merge the threads because the other thread is mostly filled with comments about dcrecords. While the site is great, it is not linked to DC, even though associated with TJ, and that means it doesn't get the same support as DC (ie the issue with lots of dragons meaning your scroll can't be read is one that has been ongoing). As well, not everybody on the site needs it.

I think it's a fine option to suggest it become linked with DC in order to fill the want described by this suggestion, but I don't want the thread to become a discussion on dcrecords because this is a feature that deserves to be supported by the site and therefore necessitate more upkeep. dcrecords also fills other wants not supported by this suggestion (such as competition rather than numbers for knowledge/trophy's sake), so I do not consider the site an actual solution to what is being suggested here, even though it can perform the described function.

This suggestion is about an onsite feature that does scroll stats, not about dcrecords. As well, most the posts on dcrecords from the other thread are bug reports, which do not really belong in this thread (which does, admittedly put us at an in passe because, as it isn't officially site sanctioned, does not warrant a bug report thread as cave aspects do).

tl;dr I see how dcrecords makes sense to bring up in relation to this suggestion, but I didn't merge the threads because I do not want bug reports on dcrecords to take over the thread.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

tl;dr I see how dcrecords makes sense to bring up in relation to this suggestion, but I didn't merge the threads because I do not want bug reports on dcrecords to take over the thread.

Oh - OK. But it IS very useful for stats - when it works - if TJ could please fix ? It would do exactly what people here are asking for, and we shouldn't have to go to fan sites for this info, I think..

Haven't commented on this before due to there being so many options to obtain the simple information.

However, I'm to the point now where I would like more detailed information. Yes, I know about the various fansites. Yes, I know about TJ's DC Records site. BUT, neither the fansites or TJ's site have the info I currently want.

I want to know how many dragons I have of each breed, along with the number of adults, males, females, hatchlings, frozens and eggs. I'd also like to know how many caveborns I have of each breed and how many breds I have of each breed, along with the number of adults, males, females, hatchlings, frozens and eggs. Breed specific data is not available on any of the external sites, so I'd like to see that info become part of the DC site itself.

I do not want the info itself on my scroll page, but I would like a link to a scroll details page. Our trophies would be a good link anchor and there should be one on the Account page as well, because players with less than 50 dragons don't have a trophy.

All of the info that I'm asking for.. and that the other players are asking for.. should be a part of the site database. So everything we are asking for is already available, TJ just needs to build an interface page to show us that data.

For those who are asking for overall DC data from the game as a whole, that same data should also be in the site database.. and it's just a matter of TJ building an interface page to show it. However, from comments I've seen elsewhere, I don't think TJ wants to release that data.. so I doubt we ever get that data page.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I would love to know how many dragons I've named and how many I haven't named. Yet xd.png

Filter sort (top right drop down on your scroll) by name.... All the unnamed ones show up at the top. Then work it out from how many you have to a page.

I seem to remember suggesting something very similar to this a few months ago; the topic was closed because this - http://dcrecords.tj09.net/ - already exists, as well as several fansites.

However, I'll just say that I'd like a version of this to be linked on the scroll itself, perhaps under Egg Limits.

Maybe under the egg/hatchling count, it could simply say 'click here for more scroll information', linking to the DC records page. Just something on the site itself, I think, would be useful.

I seem to remember suggesting something very similar to this a few months ago; the topic was closed because this - http://dcrecords.tj09.net/ - already exists, as well as several fansites.

However, I'll just say that I'd like a version of this to be linked on the scroll itself, perhaps under Egg Limits.

Maybe under the egg/hatchling count, it could simply say 'click here for more scroll information', linking to the DC records page. Just something on the site itself, I think, would be useful.

I didn't know that site existed. I've been keeping track of the amount of dragons I have via that thingy on my signature.

I just checked out the dragon record site and I love it. I like how comprehensive it is, but I have a feeling that not every single player knows about it so I do think if there was something directly on the actual website (dragcave) in the trophy area (?) that gives a general overview would be better.

I honestly don't really see the point in this. There's offsite ways of getting this info, keeping my scroll nice and tidy =3

For the record, I have 324 dragons, currently, according to Egg Drop Soup.

226 Adults,

3 Eggs,

4 Unfrozen hatchlings,

115 Males,

109 Females

2 adult ungendered

91 frozen hatchlings

^

And that's only about 1/3 of the list of stats it gives

Yeah, EDS is the way to go

I think the point of this proposal is so that you don't have to use other sites.

I would love to have the record on egg limit page because I really dislike having to use third party sites for it and change my scroll setting everytime to do so. But it won't be end of world of it isn't implemented.