TJ09

2011-07-17 - Desert Sands Release

That's the first I've heard of any alts... O.o

There are alts for the moonstones?

Nope. No alts. Not as far as the dragcave wikia knows. (And yes, it does update frequently.)

I just realized I've seen the moonstone hatchlings before ._.

Cool.

Anyways, added to wishlist <3

Nope. No alts. Not as far as the dragcave wikia knows. (And yes, it does update frequently.)

Oh! Sorry for saying things that aren't true. I haven't checked the wiki, I just remember people wondering if there were going to be alts because TJ posted 4 hatchies for the moonstone dragons and only 2 for the sunstones.

... because i hate love math sooo much, i figured you that my hatchies will grow up saturday night at 11pm, and, if i incubate my eggs, they'll hatch saturday at noon :L

Well. To put some oil in a honey cask, I'd say that DC graphics seem to regress. Both species look like 8-bit Dendy game art (you remember this stuff, don't you?). How many colours are used for each? 6? What about rendering? What's the DPI? 75?

My guess is that those are great stuff finished a couple of years ago, and just released. I mean, look at the complete requests section. There're hundreds of great pixel art models there, but the one released look a bit outdated. How could they possibly appear after Tinsels, Embers, Snow Angels and Neglecteds, Pumpkins and Black Marrows? Pixel art has gone a bit far.

I don't do DC much now, but I play UniCreatures and Mystic Grove. I don't like a lot of sprites there, but their quality is pretty much always unquestionable. I might not like cupids of flying pigs, but a really nice lady at MG does all the sprites by herself in 3D, you know, and UniCreatures has just two (!) artists atm, who're doing really beautiful and very detailed adoptables. While there are dozens of spriters dying to work for DC for free, but a lot of awesome sprites are waiting forever to be released, - and when they would be released, they'd probably be outdated, too, to that moment.

Ok, now you can start to rub me with the oil, and bring some candles and lighters, please.

Can't wait to go hunting for some more moonstones.

I kind of have to (respectfully) agree with Outer Space about the look of these new sprites compared to some of the other detailed intricate ones we've had.

However, I think the colors on the Moonstones are BEAUTIFUL and I'll definitely be starting (yet another) army!

Oh! Sorry for saying things that aren't true. I haven't checked the wiki, I just remember people wondering if there were going to be alts because TJ posted 4 hatchies for the moonstone dragons and only 2 for the sunstones.

Both hatchies and adults have Gender Dimorphism, so that's why there were four Moonstone eggs. The Sunstones don't, so they only had two eggs.

I really like all of the new sprites. My favorite though would have to be either the Sunstone or the female Moonstone. :3

The adults are gorgeous. My favorite is the female moonstone, but all of them are lovely.

The adults are gorgeous! I love the colors on both moonstone sprites, and the sunstone is simply stunning to look at. My favorite would have to be the female Moonstone because I love its pose. This is one of those times where I actually find myself like the female sprites much more than the males. The only other dragons I felt this way toward so far are Hellfires and Nebulas.

I like the blue adults SO much better than the hatchies! At least they aren't mooning us! tongue.giflaugh.gif

I like the blue adults SO much better than the hatchies! At least they aren't mooning us! tongue.giflaugh.gif

laugh.gif

OMG!!! The male moonstone is SOOOOO pretty!!!! wub.gif I just LOVE those colors! Looks like I will going for some male moonstones to add to my scroll. xd.png

How lucky am I? I got Two of each color right off the bat. xd.png I can't wait to see them on my scroll!

Sunstones and Moonstones ...- im definitely digging the Moonstones.. the sunstones... im sure they will grow on me...

I like the Moonstone adults better, but the Sunstone hatchlings more. The moonstone hatchies just look... I don't know what's up with them :/

Well. To put some oil in a honey cask, I'd say that DC graphics seem to regress. Both species look like 8-bit Dendy game art (you remember this stuff, don't you?). How many colours are used for each? 6? What about rendering? What's the DPI? 75?

Dendy? DPI? o_O

Anyways, I'm not that fond of the moonstone - the wings seem a bit inconsistent with the bodies - but I'm diggin' the sunstone. Shiny!