TJ09

2011-07-17 - Desert Sands Release

Actually, unless I missed something, (as I too-frequently do, lol) there were some personal opinions offered on a newly introduced pixel in a collecting game.

And while I've read back only a couple of pages at this point, I have yet to 'hear' anyone say that they hate the sprites, though I have heard a lot of people say that they love them, and some say that they prefer one over another.

I happen to like both, which is a question of personal taste.

But I don't expect that anyone wanted to hurt any spriter's feelings...

At least, I'd certainly hope not!

I appreciate all the love the moonstones have gotten. yes they are a year old, I'm sorry... I did them all by myself this time.

The hatchlings are NOT blobs though..that's their butts facing you. They're MOONING you tongue.gif

<.< I like puns.

I know there are so many better sprites out there..so much better art..

but please don't call my sprites 8-bit. I happen to be very proud of them.

This is my first nonholiday release. Rejoice that you have new dragons. And be happy that you've kept one of the old artists who used to have like half the sprites on the progress list. I didn't leave you for the new sprite jobs that pay me now. Or just toss you when you forgot and hated me.

I still continue to provide free art, sprite AND other graphics for this site.

To all those who DO love these new dragons, thank you...you really keep me going.

Hey, I don't think your sprites are horrible. The hatchlings are so adorable. The idea of having the hatchie butt facing you is genuis. I might actually freeze 1 of my moonies just to look at cute digital dragon butt when I'm down. And to tell you the truth, your sprites are great! If I went out there and made a sprite, it would probably suck horribly. (But hey, you never know till you try!) I mean, every time someone talks about it or showed me a picture, I laugh! It has supreme cuteness. My bff would would KILL for one of these. I mean, there's only a couple of things cuter than a baby's butt. I give you Arya10's Cutest Hatchling Award! *applause*

Oh my jeez. I LOVE the female Moonstone sprite so much. <333 So pretty.

My Sunstone hatched, and my Moonstone is close to hatching. I didn't influence, though...

All the sprites are prettyness. <33

QUOTE (Kuraianubis @ Jul 22 2011, 12:43 AM)

I appreciate all the love the moonstones have gotten. yes they are a year old, I'm sorry... I did them all by myself this time.

The hatchlings are NOT blobs though..that's their butts facing you. They're MOONING you

<.< I like puns.

This is my first nonholiday release. Rejoice that you have new dragons. And be happy that you've kept one of the old artists who used to have like half the sprites on the progress list. I didn't leave you for the new sprite jobs that pay me now. Or just toss you when you forgot and hated me.

To all those who DO love these new dragons, thank you...you really keep me going.

Hey, I don't think your sprites are horrible. The hatchlings are so adorable. The idea of having the hatchie butt facing you is genuis. I might actually freeze 1 of my moonies just to look at cute digital dragon butt when I'm down. And to tell you the truth, your sprites are great! If I went out there and made a sprite, it would probably suck horribly. (But hey, you never know till you try!) I mean, every time someone talks about it or showed me a picture, I laugh! It has supreme cuteness. My bff would would KILL for one of these. I mean, there's only a couple of things cuter than a baby's butt. I give you Arya10's Cutest Hatchling Award! *applause*

I second said motion. I love the sprites so much, and I do believe I might have an army of the blue hatchies, because I love 'em.

Note to spriter - THANK YOU! Though you don't have to make us new dragons, you did! That makes you awesome. I love the sprites, and lots of other people do too. Pleas ignore the hate boxes out there.

Edited by daftpunk12

I love all the dragon art on here. The only one that doesn't tickle my funny bone is the gold dragon, but that's a matter of personal preferences. I do think the gold dragon is well done - it just isn't my book of love cos I like soft smooth. Or in the case of tinsel dragons, the soft curves that almost make you have to look twice to make sure the tinsel dragon isn't sticking tongue out at you, lol. I especially like the pink tinsel and the silver tinsel. biggrin.gif

As to the moonstone/sunstone - I adore adore the male moonstone look, it's so blended together well in terms of colours. The sunstone one makes me laugh because of the way it's posing, as if he's showing off the tip of his tail. biggrin.gif The female moonstone one is a little too transparent (others might say washed out) for me, in comparison to the male one, but then again, she does make me think of the Moon - one of my favorite celestial bodies in the sky.

Edited by simkim

I noticed a spelling mistake in the Moonstone's description:

"Moonstone dragons are named after the orb on their tails, which resembles the gem of the same name. They are nocturnal and gather energy through the absorption of moonlight with their obs. They seem to glow in with a lunar light and are a very gentle breed, feeding off of plants and the moon's power."

They have orbs and obs? I don't think so. tongue.gif

Oh! I l o v e the moonstone breed! ♥ The sunstones are wonderful as well, but that little moony female stole my heart! c:

The Moonstones are one of the most beautiful breed! And the Sunstones as well ...

I used two have one of each, but after I used earthquake with my Green both hatched early and the Sunstone baby ran away sad.gif

But I guess I'll try to start breed the Moonstones ...

I looove the moonstones wub.gifwub.gif !!

But, even though I'll ruin the fun now a bit, the moonstone's have a biiiiig hangbutt, haven't they =/ ?

I know from my own request, that if one of your dragons have hangbutt, everybody screams ''HANGBUTT !!!'' and you have to fix that, before it is able to be moved to the completed list .

Though, I'm a bit confused now, if they can fly or not (maybe not because of the stone ?) .

Edited by Shichibi

Though, I'm a bit confused now, if they can fly or not (maybe not because of the stone ?) .

I don't think that they have a real stone growing on the tip of their tail. wink.gif I think it's more of a bioluminescent stoneshaped and lookalike thingy. (their personal light bulb laugh.gif)

And why shouldn't they be able to fly? blink.gif

Ah, I actually love the female moonstone and the sunstone best, but they're all great. thank you so much!

I love the adults!

And I specially like the adult Sunstone, so now I won't abandone the extra ones I got and will wait patiently until I can get more eggs to search for more Moonstones~

These new beasties are simply stunning! Thanks artists, I know how hard it is to work on something and have people make thoughtless comments, not knowing the hours of hard work that goes into such projects.

The transformation of those little butt-flashers is really phenomenal - they're the swans of the Cave and I'll collect lots of both Sunstones and Moonstones. They're a really beautiful addition to the DC population.

Many thankses all around and huge heaping trays and platters of cookies and other nommables!!

Aah, I'm delighted to see these grown. :3 Loving the male Moonstone best. ^^

The hatchlings are NOT blobs though..that's their butts facing you. They're MOONING you tongue.gif

<.< I like puns.

I'm glad we keep you going then. xd.png

EDIT: Yay! One of my Sunstones gendered female! =3

Edited by DarkFire1

Ah, I have all the gendered hatchies. Now, for them to grow up!

I do love the "mooning" pun. I don't freeze often, but I might have to freeze one of these... Just for pun. cool.gif

That is so cute! And so are they.

I have to say, though, I think as lovely as they are, the male moonstone is my favorite. wub.gif

My first three have gendered. Now I have to decide on names for these beauties.

I've tried to nab some more Moonstone ones today (me and a lot of other folk, I gather). But haven't been that successful. One Moonstone, two Sunstone (just waiting to abandon the second one) and a Spitfire when I clicked without reading the description *wry grin*

And I swear I've spent more time gazing at TJ's adults today than is good for me.

Edit. I just had a bit of luck to round off my day. I abandoned my Sunstone and was about to go to the Desert when I had a quick look at the AP sitting there was a Moonstone (and I didn't see it immediately, as I tried to nab something else first). But it was 'waiting' for me when I failed to nab the other egg.

I shall be collecting both Moonstones and Sunstones, but Moonstones especially, and I can see it will make me put my PB Trio breeding on hold.

Such a beautiful set of new dragons, so very beautiful.

Edited by Nikki_Of_The_Night

I will be creating an army of both hatchies, and definitely hoarding the moonstone adults! C: Muahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!! xd.png

Edited by adydoxie19