NinjaPanther

The Wizard's Dragons

((I'm sorry, Girlfairy, but I don't know who you are, what you are, or where you came from. Can you please explain? Really, Chasilin and I are in a secure are in which we probably shouldn't be. Only the dragons and we are.))

(( and i havent been on this for a while... Just trying to make myself useful.....))

Edited by girlfairy76

((to be more specific, love, Robby and I are humans intruding on the dragons exhibit where we are not allowed to be. Also, we are outside the cave separated by a bar door. I kindly plead that you revise your post.))

((I thought we were inside the cave, in front of the barred door. Never mind the part about going up to the one dragon and kneeling by.))

Robby viewed the dragons from behind the bars. He really wanted to get closer.

"Ooh, if only I could get through these cold, metal rods." he said, captioning his emotion.

After a moment, he decided to scan the door for a way to get in. Up and down the bars, he scoured for weaknesses. Soft spots. Broken areas. He would do almost anything to get inside and free the dragons. His search proved vainful, however, as there were no appearant way in, other than on locking it with a key.

"Well Chasilin, it seems that the only way through this door requires either a key, a file, a hacksaw, or a blowtorch, and I doubt that you have any of THOSE in that backpack of yours, now do you?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

-Chasilin watched him, and for a while offered an expression to the effect of sympathy, this was unfortunately brief. Robby, in apparent frustration, turned on Chasilin with a verbal slapping. Never one to just take a hit, Chasilin glared purposefully at him and pressed her lips together, she was dissapointed.- "My backpack is outside the zoo numbskull, so no, I don't have'any of the above' inside it. Who'd be that stupid? Oh wait, you perhaps." -She snorted and crossed her arms. Chasilin was prepared to keep hiding it but the look on his face she imagined, made her want to burst out laughing. Instead she produced the proper key, it was adorned on a silver chain, clasped tightly around at the back of her neck.

Chasilin looked at it down the bridge of her nose and then glanced up at Robby.-"I'm not opening that door so you can just sit your anxious hide down."-Chasilin was a true lover and believer of dragons, but she was also cautious and for the sake of keeping her head where it was, she refused to give in and just up and open the only thing sparating them from the beings inside.

Just then a small dragon pranced up towards the gate and chirped excitedly. It was an infectous glee, Chasilin shot up and took a large clumsy step to the door and after a while staring gooey eyed at the cute thing, Chasilin loked down and fingered the key.-"You win." -resigned, thought she felt more that she lost to the baby dragon than to Robby, that helped. Standing, she procured the neccescary object and wriggled it with ease into the fitting lock. Turning it, slowly, she listened for the heavy click that signaled the door was open. When her hand pushed at the door it swung out widely and the baby dragon bounced back to avoid it's far reatching range. Chasilin stepped passed the threshold and into the dragons territory, both very afraid, and very humble. The young dragon hopped to her excitedly and stood on it's hinds, placing it's fores on her knees. Chasilin was unable to just stay still and buckled to the floor with her hands petting the very real, very alive dragon.- "You're...so real..."-was all she could manage in a breathless, disbelieving, whisper.-

((Wow. Someone's getting to namecalling.))

"So, you DID have the key? Huh." Robby felt like a moron. He slid through the gate and into the exhibit, sitting down next to Chasilin, or what he was going for, the dragon.

"You know, when you know that dragons exist, that's amazing. But it's nothing to being up-front with the majestic creatures!" He reached out for the dragon, and also attempted to pet it.

blinking in envy at the other hatchling that seemed to have no fear or shyness, it caused Arela to grow in curiousness; pluss, she didn't want to be out done. With less eagerness the small matured hatchling crawled tentatively toward where the two people sat. she stopped only when she was a couple of feet away. glancing over at the excited royal blue hatchling she looked back over to the two people and made a quiet purr/growl sound.

Edited by spottedpool3251

Silvera sighed. She watched as a human child pointed at her. "Hey LOOk! WHAT IS THAT MOM?" He shouted."I dont know... I've never seen these before..." the mother said.Well of course YOU wouldnt know. Silvera thought. The zookeeper explained, "these are dragons. We just found them.""Dragons? DRAGONS? Dragons are absolutely NOT real!" The mother was shouting. "Mom!" The child yelled as his mom dragged him away. Silvera rolled her eyes.

(( T-T'' sowwwwwyyyyy That's just her character >.<))

-Chasilin was next to Robby, her shoulder brushing his as they both petted the dragon. Chasilin smiled in earnest at the little thing, it was about the size of a golden retriever, so perhaps 'little' wasn't the right word to use, either way it was cute. Realizing how much she was showing of her emotional self, she immediately shut down on herself and looked into the eyes of the dragon, only able to convey her feelings through her eyes. Softly she spoke, in ta voice you might use to speak to a wide eyed innocent child,- "Hello there, do you understand us? If you do, won't you please blink twice for me?" -Chasilin waited with an anticipation that built up from deep inside her and boiled in her blood until finally she saw it.-

-------------------

Roy could almost purr, a contended growl rumbled from the far back of her throat and filled her with a soothing vibration. Their hands were gentle, cautious, but kind and soft. The woman spoke directly to her and Roy listened as closely as she could.

"Hello there, do you understand us? If you do, won't you please blink twice for me?"-said the woman.

Roy looked at her and coced her head sweetly to the side. Why would she ask something so simple of her? She wasn't sure but, since she did understand them, she decided to comply.

------------------

The young Royal Blue dragon blinked twice with a slow shuttering of lids over beutiful silver eyes. It was impossible to miss.

------------------

Chasilin turned to Robby with both an awe-struck look of amazement and wonder witha touch of 'I told you so' peeking out from the knowing gleam in her eyes.

"Robby?"-she said,-"Do you have a cellphone?"

((Girlfairy, I'm sorry to shut you down again, but the exhibit in which they are in is really just a cell. They aren't showing them off, and they don't have plans to show them off (At least, to the best of my knowledge) because the man who found the dragons used meat to trap them in there so they wouldn't cause any more trouble. TTBOMK, only the man who trapped them here really knows of their existence.))

"So, they CAN understand us..." he said, in marvel. "Dragons are truly astounding. I bet if one tried to keep a dragon as a pet, it would be more like a dragon keeps the man as a pet, due to the intelligence difference." he thought out loud, and snickered at the mental picture brought to mind. His internal laughter stopped when Chasilin, surprisingly, asked Robby for his cellphone.

"Yeah, I do, but it's kind of an Amish, compared to the rest of the phones out there today. It's nothing special, and the minutes are expensive, but the point is that I do have one. Why do you need it?" he asked, whilst pulling the phone out of his short's pocket.

Edited by thegreenrobby

((NVM this. I checked. And i can do whatever i want with my character.Sorry if im rude. I blow my top sometimes...)

Edited by girlfairy76

-Chasilin smiled-"No I don't need your phone, just your number. We're partners in crime, you and I. We'll no doubt see more of each other after this little espeonage."-she smiled again but it was a little sad.-"I'll buy you a better phone with free minutes. My parents give me a large allowance and I don't spend it on anything but old books and my 'interesting' taste in clothes. I can easily spare a little money once a month for a phone bill, even if the phone has unlimited minutes and internet."-While the words that came out might have belonged to some snooty rich girl, her solomn expression and obvious discontent at her own situation made it sound a lot more harmless. Once again she offered a smile.-" I don't exactly have anyone I can talk to about dragons, I keep it all to myself lie a secret since my parents dissaprove with it being something publicly known to their 'circle'."- trying on the puppy pout for size and goos measure she tacked on a pitiful.- "Won't you please let me buy one for you?"-

Roy watched with intense interest, and found the conversation to be comical. Their hands had become distracted because their mouthes were running but the lingering touch remained and was enough. Roy stood between them, tossing her head to look at each one when it was the others turn to answer. Fully enjoying herself, she found that she was giving a similar look to Robby, she was taking the side of the same gender, an automatic fall back reflex.-

((-Is the lady with the tattos- pffft -rolls around laughing- oh goodness. Darling, if you need to be caught up I'd be happy to help. Please PM me so we can keep things neat. I truly appologize for how confused you've become.))

Edited by Chasilin

((I don't think your dragon exactly knows what a 'Cell Phone' is.))

Robby felt a little strange, being offered a phone from a woman he barely knew.

"Thanks. I appreciate the offer, but I don't know exactly how to explain to my parents that I get a new cell phone with the minutes paid for." he responded, weirded out.

My parents... Great.

"Crap. I just realized something! The only reason I'm here at the zoo is because my mother took me. She thinks that I am at the snack bar! Right now, I have been out way too long to just be at the snack bar. She'll know something's up." he ran his hands down the side of his face, in stress. "Okay, umm..." he tried to think. "Give me your phone, and I'll program my number in it. You can do the same with mine." He held his out. "Here."

Edited by thegreenrobby

((nope, not a clue but she's still siding wiff deh chick ;P.....by the way.... since when was Robby a 'she'?))

-Chasilin gave a pout but resigned herself to his excuse. It was reasonable enough. She started to pet the dragon again, her hand never having left it's hide, when Robby came to some kind of revelation. Chasilin watched him with mild interest and a laughing smile. When ask to give him her phone, Chasilin blushed and shrugged sheepishly.-"I don't have one, never had a reason to."-she said. Going back to his delema she descided to offer her genius, quickly coming up with a plan.-"If you'd like I can go with you to find your mother and you could tell her I'm a friend from school, I can makemysellf look 'normal' my parents make me wear presentable clothes when I'm anywhere in public where their 'circle' might see and recognize me."

-Roy wasn't liking the turn of the conversation, she could understand enough that they were preparing to leave.-

Edited by Chasilin

Graarl turned toward the royal blue hatchling being petted by the human girl. The hatchling cowered under his wing, still terrified to the point of muteness. Turning to Callidus, he pushed gently at the hatchling. "Take care of her for me, friend," he called gravely, then turned to walk toward the humans. They probably can't understand dragon-talk, he thought, so I'll have to use mine-speech. In his mind, he extended his thoughts to the two humans. 'Do you wish us harm or good? If harm, please leave, but if you wish to help us please stay so that we may talk.'

Lana shot a warning glance at her grandfather with a gaze she would never have used before her transformation. "Grandfather," she murmered, concerned.

Robby listened to Chasilin's plan intently. "That plan may work. If it weren't for the fact that, well, there's at least 4 years of age difference between us. I mean, I'm 12. You seem at least 16." he said.

He looked out at the darkness again. He saw another dragon approaching. "Hello," he said, nervously, due to time.

Do you wish us harm or good? "Huh?" Robby heard a voice in his head. "Is that you?" He awaited an answer.

Robby looked at his wristwatch, and then turned to Chasilin. "I really have to go. Do you have a piece of paper and pen? I'll write down my phone number on a slip of paper, you go get yourself a cell-phone, and add me to your contacts. We can set a meeting here later over the phone, okay?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

-Chasilin heard the voice and turned to look at the approaching dragon, at first she stood with her eyes wide and brimming with respect and awe, but then she was pulled away from it's gaze to look at Robby. She nodded and smiled, accepting the number with her pencil and I.D. Card as her pen and paper.- "I can still come with you, I've always wanted to have an underclassmen whom I actually thought was worth something. If you don't want me to go, I understand."-she said with a big sisterly smile and a touch of sarcasm even though it was true. Chasilin glanced back at the dragon with a look that said all her prayers had been answered in life, closing her eyes, she descided to try something she'd always dreamed of trying. In one of her hundreds of thousands of books, all at least about or mentioning dragons, some had included the dragon language; she had studied it like her life depended on it, she still does. There were many variations but only one had cropped up several times. In her mind she envisioned the great dragon who was there in reality just in front of her, then focused as hard as she could, her face remaining smooth and unaffected by her concentration. When she thought she was ready, she spoke a rehersed verse, one she had memorized if she ever by chance met a dragon, which today she had. It was a simple few sentences of the dragon tongue. Or so she hoped.- "I....."- she searched for the right word for 'we'.-"We, mean no harm. We seek only to aid you, the ancient, the wize, the magnificent. Please trust us."

-To Robby it would have looked like she was thinking about something or taking in a calming breath as she waited for him to recite his number. Thoughts certainly do move more quickly than words. Marveled Chasilin as she tuned back into Robby, turning to face him once more.-

((I want to do that T.T -has read books on dragon language-))

((Wait, what? Chasilin know how to speak dragon? Or is she thinking the phrase, as how Graarl tried to speak with us?))

Robby recites his number off of the top of his head as Chasilin scribbles it down. "Call when you get a cell." he said, and turns to the large dragon shortly after, looking it in the eyes. "I hope you understand the talk of the humans. At least, I know the blue one did." he said, notioning to the hatchling. "I mean no harm, and if you need help, I may be able to provide it later. However, I must leave now. I apologize for having to go already, but I promise I will return soon. Okay? Do you understand?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

((yush it was in the mind and she's not very good at it. She only knows whats she could learn from years of research and burning it into her memory. The full language isn't complete so there are many things she still needs to learn etc etc))

-Chasilin tucked the pencil in her chest and fitted the card into her pocket where it was usually kept. She watched Robby get ready to leave and say his goodbyes. Since he didn't say anything about her offer, she would have to suppose that it was his silent decline.-

((gah short x.x))

"Good bye," he said to Chasilin. He also bowed to the great dragon he recently talked with, shortly before walking away through the bar door. He retraced his steps through the building, and ended up outside almost immeadiately. The sudden sunlight burned his eyes slightly, being in the dark for so long. He shortly pulled out his phone and called his mom, whilst walking to the snack bar and scheming up a lie.

"Hey Mom."

"Yeah. I kinda got lost in the zoo on my way back."

"I wandered around for a bit, but eventually found my way back to the snack bar. I don't know where to go from here."

"Okay. I'll be here."

"Love you too."

Click!

Robby sighed. He felt terrible lying.

-Chasilin watched him go and felt a little loney for a moment until she turned around and was relieved to find that, if this was a dream, it wasn't over yet. Looking up at the large dragon Chasilin held onto everything she knew from books the why a child clings to it's most precious thing. It was a vice grip and Chasilin was not letting go. Determined to make some kind of headway by the time Robby ever returned, Chasilin steeled herself for what she honestly believed to be the hardest, and at the same time the most easiest, task she'd ever prepared herself to take on. There was one thing Chasilin loved almost as much as Dragons and gummy worms; a good challenge.-

((I'm sorry, but WHAT? Gummy Worms? What do you plan to do with those? *Curispolsion*))

Robby sits patiently at a table by the snack bar. His mom shows up shortly, with his three other siblings.

"Hey there, kiddo!"

"Hey, Mom."

"Well, we spent the rest of the time planned for the zoo coming all the way down here, so I guess it's time to go home."

My six year-old sister, Amelia, pouts. She loves the zoo beyond anything else.

"Let's go home then."

((-can't post until the dragon does- Yes, Gummy Worms, they are my favourite thing in the entire world and are only trumped (by a large margin) by Dragons.))

( I have a long list of hates. And that includes the gummy family. xd.png I the like everything.( not EVERYTHING)

Silvera growled at some humans passing by. They just had a puzzled expression back."I want out." Silvera said after a while. The zookeeper said,"Why should I let you out?" He had an evil smile. Silvera puffed up her face and stuck her tounge out. The zookeeper got a little mad and annoyed, but he didn't do anything. She saw Chasilin nearby, but she didn't want to deal with more humans. She started to walk back to Graarl.

((Hey, another reminder, the humans outside can't see into the exhibit, and you can't really see them, also if the zookeeper where there Chasilin sure as heck wouldn't be.... she'd be caught o.o. Until someone says otherwise, about being put on display to be shown to the world, I'm very sure they aren't.))

Edited by Chasilin