NinjaPanther

The Wizard's Dragons

((I see.))

Lana slowly drew up as she neared the ground, the air pushing around her as she dropped her back claws toward the ground, grasping the dirt of the cave. "Graarl," she acknowledged as soon as she was able to speak. "Here is the hatchling," she continued as she offered out the small, shivering grey hatchling to the old stone dragon, who was amazingly smaller than Lana now, due to her transformation.

"Lana," the stone mountain breathed, then came to his senses and said, "What is the hatchling name?" He had seen the poor grey shivering silently and knew that she would not want to talk, so he had taken pity and gently picked her from Lana's claws and made her a leaf bed so she could rest.

Edited by ubbydubby

Callidus spread his wings and looked himself over before streching each of his muscles to make sure he was still in decent condition. He was bruised a bit and his scar had opened up again but nothing appeared to be to seriously hurt. The great green dragon walked over to the cave mouth and poked his head out before stepping outside. What is it you wanted me to come outside for Graarl? Did anyone escape? He flicked his tail nervously as he cast about.

-In the back, scuffling could be heard as a young Royal Blue situated herself amongst the cold cave floor, her claws tapping and skidding against the merciless stone. Unable to find a comfortable place, she wrapped around herself and hugged her wings close, shifting every now and then to fix herself. It seemed like it was going to be a long while before she ever got any sleep so she shivered in silence alone in the dark crevice where she his secluded from the others. She was confused, she missed her parents, she missed the scientist, she missed everything that was familiar. She was very sure that no matter how long she might stay here, it would never be familiar.

Chasilin got to her apartment and dashed up the two flights to her door, her hand frozen on the door handle. She breathed in once and let it out, patted down her hair, coughed to clear her throat and then finally, calmly walked into the door. She managed to pull over a mask of casual gloom, passing by the couch on her left that served as a wall to separate the entrance hall from the open living room across from the first bedroom on her right. As usual, the door was open and her mother peered out at her from her bed.-"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere"-she called, not bothering to stop walking. She kept on forward towards the small area between the kitchen bar and her room on the far end. Her younger sister was fixing herself for bed down the left hall that was the narrow space between the entrance into the narrow kitchen and the bathroom that connected to her mothers room. Apparently satisfied with Chasilin's reply, her mother never said another word and Chasilin disappeared into her room, the largest in the house. She looked at her dragon posters which hung this way and that, not a single on was tacked straight. She preferred it that way. Tired from her little adventure at the zoo, she promised to herself to return again at night, then went to bed. She had work tomorrow.

Robby's parents took his family to the zoo. He didn't care much for it, as he would rather be home on the internet, playing Flash-based games or hanging out on some of his favorite forums. ((LOL Recursion Reference!)) His stomach growled, and he wanted to browse the zoo at his own pace. So he found my way out.

"Hey Mom, can I go buy something at the snack bar?" he asked.

"Sure, but you are paying for anything you buy yourself," she responded.

"Thanks." I walked off towards the snack bar.

After a couple minutes, he showed up there and bought a soda. On his way back, he noticed a small, rock-like building. He got curious and stepped up to it. What's in here? he thought to himself. Something inside him told him that he shouldn't be snooping around like this, but curiosity got the better of him. He noticed a door on the side, so he stepped up to it and jiggled the doorknob.

Click, click, click, click.

Locked. No suprise there. He took a slurp of his soda as he thought as to how he might get in.

((Question: Exactly what kind of lock holds the dragons inside? Padlock? Combination? I want to know for future reference.))

-Chasilin was staring blankly into space, nodding every now and then to reassure her lecturer that she was indeed paying attention, but of course, she wasn't. Her fingers scissored her mechanical pencil in her patient boredom, the eraser tip clicked rhythmically against her desk as if racing the seconds hand on the clock. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

BRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Chasilin leaped up out of her chair and hurriedly stuffed her supplied into her back pack. When she was done she hooked her hand under one strap and slung it casually over the corresponding shoulder. Her legs kept moving as she worked her way through the mass of students, bodies brushing and back packs bumping in the chaos to get out of the main entrance. School was out. However, instead of hurrying straight home, Chasilin made a turn in the opposite direction and worked the streets by memory all the way to the zoo. At last she would figure out what was in that new exhibit.

Before she got to the gate she took a back way and crawled through an opening in a bush that would be unknown until discovered, and Chasilin had discovered it a long time ago. Ditching her back pack there she grabbed her prized possession and then skirted back around to the entrance with a purpose in every step as her feet guided her to where she wanted to go. Her dragon trinket, the prized possession, was clipped to her belt and bounced at her hip as she moved. Before long she had made her way to the exhibit but was surprised to find someone else who very clearly had the same intentions she did.

Wanting to have some harmless fun she cupped her hands at her mouth and called out with her voice abnormally low and gruff.- "YOU THERE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" - Right at that moment she was glad she called in sick at work and came earlier.-

Edited by Chasilin

Robby was pondering the lock when he heard a man's voice shout behind him.

"YOU THERE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Robby jumped. "Ach!" He quickly spun around to see not a man, but a woman. She seemed in her late teens, wearing a stange dress and had tattoos adorning several parts of her face. At first he thought it was a Zookeeper of some sort, but the way she was dressed, she couldn't have been. He dropped the fear shown on his face.

"Drop the act. You are not a zookeeper, nor anyone who can get me in any sort of trouble. What are you here for?" he demanded.

((I always end up having to edit my posts to change it to third person. I am more of a first-person writer myself.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

-Chasilin scoffed at the boy and pulled a wide sarcastic grin when he finally, obviously, figured out she wasn't a zoo keeper. Walking towards him she stepped past him and began to study the door and how far the boy had gotten. Another scoff.-" Same reason you are, to see what's inside. Here. Follow me." -Chasilin tugged on his wrist for him to follow after her, her hair messily braided, tossed over her right shoulder as she worked around to a hidden entrance available only to employees. Glancing back with a knowing look she produced a key card and swiped it through the automatic card slot and listened to the pleasant sound of a click that said it had worked flawlessly. Chasilin pursed her lips and kissed her fingers like an Italian.- "Perfection!" -She laughed and then disappeared inside the door, only reappearing to look at the boy up and down.-"You coming?" She asked and then disappeared again with a smile on her face. From inside she called out to him, her voice echoing oddly from being indoors.-"Better hurry before the door closes."-Chasilin was always fast-paced in all that she did, pulling others along and sweeping them into her tempo without realizing it. She hardly gave the boy a chance to speak and, she realized abruptly, she never caught his name.-

The strange woman explained that she, too, was curious as to what was in the new exhibit. Shortly thereafter, she checked the lock, and then grabbed Robby by the wrist and almost dragged to the other side of the building. She took out a card and slid it though a small slot in the side. A door opened, leading into the building.

"Better hurry before the door closes." she said, already inside.

"Coming!" Robby darted in, right before the door closes. He felt somewhat like Indiana Jones, except the fact that he needed the hat under the door. Oh well.

"Okay. Two questions. First one: If you are not a Zookeeper, how did you get the key to the door. Second: Name's Robby. Yours?"

The room was dark; he could barely see anything. He couldn't make out exactly what they were, but he could see some figures in the distance.

((Will reply soon. My keyboard is laggy and I haven't got the patience to type letter by letter. It's taken 5 minutes already to type just this! x.x))

((Will reply soon. My keyboard is laggy and I haven't got the patience to type letter by letter. It's taken 5 minutes already to type just this! x.x))

((Yikes. I feel as if I should say 'Get well soon,' but it doesn't exactly fit.))

((Yipes, I feel like I've been on hiatus forever! Well I'm back now :3 Sorry for short post, there isn't much to write.))

Graarl heard Callidus, but merely pointed toward Lana and the small grey hatchling in her claws. "Lana's back."

The strange woman explained that she, too, was curious as to what was in the new exhibit. Shortly thereafter, she checked the lock, and then grabbed Robby by the wrist and almost dragged to the other side of the building. She took out a card and slid it though a small slot in the side. A door opened, leading into the building.

"Better hurry before the door closes." she said, already inside.

"Coming!" Robby darted in, right before the door closes. He felt somewhat like Indiana Jones, except the fact that he needed the hat under the door. Oh well.

"Okay. Two questions. First one: If you are not a Zookeeper, how did you get the key to the door. Second: Name's Robby. Yours?"

The room was dark; he could barely see anything. He couldn't make out exactly what they were, but he could see some figures in the distance.

-Chasilin continued to walk with an air that seemed to say she knew the place like the back of her hand. Robby, he'd said his name was, had asked her for her name and was babbling on about something. Although she was hardly interested, Chasilin chose to induldge him and his inquries.-

"Chasilin. Chasilin, and I just happen to have rather sticky fingers in situations like this. Besides that, Robby, right? Well, Robby, I suggest you keep the auestions to a minimum. I would hate to get caught on account of loud mouthing."

-Chasilin smiled over her shoulder at him and winked just as they came to a corner. Peering around it with exaggerated caution, Chasilin caught a glimpse of a uniform and quickly turned to hr backside on the other side of the wall. Indicating with her hand for Robby to stay back she peered around once more and was relieved to see the guard had left. Chasilin nodded back at Robby for him to follow and made a fast-paced get away through a side corridor which led straight to the exhibit. She could be sure because of the incredibily convenient sign that had a conspicuous red arrow and large prent words that read;

NEW EXHIBIT

-Chasilin wanted to sneer at her luck but instead she focused on what ever was just beyond he door at the end of the dimly lit hall. As if for some need of approval from Robby, Chasilin swallowed and looked back at him in anticipation.-

((sorry it took so long, i was traveling to paris and it took just about a whole day x.x))

((Have fun in Paris. I mean, you don't get to go there often, am I right? Enjoy yourself!))

Chasilin led me through the dark room. Left and right, we turned through the room. It led up the yet another door, with a sign next to it.

NEW EXHIBIT

"Well, here it is." I said. I looked back at her, then back at the door.

Out of sheer impulse and curiousity, I darted up to the door and opened it. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Dragons. And tons of them.

"Your secret is safe with me," I said aloud, as both to Chasilin and to the dragons.

((Ooo... Paris... I want to go there! XD))

Lana gently dropped the hatchling from a safe height of about a foot and watched it shivering, clearly traumatized. She padded over to her grandfather, her head low with her tiredness. She scanned the cave while Graarl tended to the hatchling, and suddenly spied a disturbance in the shadows. She slowly moved slightly in order to see what was causing it, and saw one of those human things peeking through the door. "Graarl," she murmured warningly.

-Chasilin took a large halting step backwards as Robby suddenly pulled open the door to reveal the most magical outcome the Chasilin could never have hoped to be possible; Dragons. Chasilin was awestruck and stupified by the sudden revelation and she caught the movement of one of the creatures beyond some rocks. Feeling a sudden prickle ar her neck and she reached out and grabbed Robby's collar, pulling him back a good step or two. With a finger raised to her lips she shot him a warning look.-

"These are intelligent beings who, by far, are more advanced then we primative and selfish humans. They've been wronged terribly by the human kind and I am very sure they have yet to meet any one human worth their time and graciousness." -said Chasilin with a tone like a scolding authority. Relaxing a bit she sighed, folorn.- "I have believed in dragons for as long as I can remember, they are wize, powerful, and noble. They need not our pity and I have a feeling they wont warm up to us immediatly. Best to not have our heads bitten off by acting stupidly. I can promise you I want nothing more than to touch one, feel their magnificance beneath my own hands."- Her eyes stared longingly at her open palms and she rested one on Robby's shoulder for a brief moment.- "Let's take this slowly."

-Turning towards the cage bars Chasiling looked into the blackness with Robby, she made sure, just behing her.- "My name is Chasilin, my companion is Robby. We are not supposed to be here, and are taking a large risk, both with you and with the other humans. We, or at least I, know you can understand. Please respond, we don't even need to see you to just speak to you."- Chasiling remained painfully still as she awaited an answer without expecting one.-

((No, it's not often I get to come to Paris even if I live in France lol. Thank you, I intend to try to have as much fun as I can but I happen to terribly sick... so it's dappening the trip a bit xd.png))

((Here's something to remember, Chasilin. The dragons WON'T bite our heads off, because a) We are here to help them, and the people behind the dragons know that, hence, they will most likely make them act positive towards us (After a little while, at least), and cool.gif characters can't kill other characters))

"What? They can talk to us? How do you know so much about dragons?" he said to Chasilin, silently. This excited him even more. He wanted to say something to them. Just as he was about to, Chasilin spoke up.

"My name is Chasilin, my companion is Robby. We are not supposed to be here, and are taking a large risk, both with you and with the other humans. We, or at least I, know you can understand. Please respond, we don't even need to see you to just speak to you."

Wow. That dug my plan into the ground. Having nothing to say anymore, I sheepishly responded.

"Hey."

((lmfao I know this, but Chasilin does not. I never incorporate OOC knowledge with IC knowledge. Unless of course it's something that MUST be known. Until now, dragons were pure fiction to her and you know what some people write about dragons, that they are viscious and such. No matter how much she loves dragons, what she has read, good and bed, are in the back of her mind and influencing her actions.))

-Chasilin spoke before she could properly reply to Robby, when she was done, she said to Robby, without moving to look at him-

"I have read everything, since I was old enough to read, about dragons. Anything I could get my hands on, good or bad, old or new, or even ancient. My paents don't know what to do with me and since I never ask anything of them, they induldge my interests in the mythical beings. While most is fiction, it's important to keep in mind that all fiction holds a grain of truth. The one thing that always seemed to crop up, is that dragons can understand all things due to their connected minds and magical abilities, as well as vast and superior intellect."

-She was grateful she was not facing because her face was painted with a burning rose, she had realized, a tad too late, that she had begun to ramble on. Chasilin did not talk much unless it was about something she really loved. Dragons were one of those things. Once she started she found it difficult to stop and, most of the time, she never could convey her thoughts in quite the same way they formed in her mind. It was as if her intelligence was purely internal and if she tried to direct it outwards, it became scrambled. Coughing to clear her throat, Chasilin felt extremely vulnerable, as she always did after having a 'broken foscet' moment.-

((FYI: I'm really waiting for a dragon in the cave somewhere to walk up to us. Not much we can do here now unless they do something, too.))

"So, you're a bit obsessed?" he noticed. "Interesting." He looked up at her, noticed her face was red.

"I, too, am a fan of dragons. But in a different way. My fictious indulgence occurs over the Internet. I collect, breed and trade virtual dragons with other people. It's quite fun, actually. Maybe I can show you sometime."

All of small talking actually meant little to him. Compared to get to see an actual dragon? Definately. He looked out into the darkness, for any dragons. Were there actually any here?

((Yet another life-style reference. This character is, indeed, based off of me.))

((sorry for the inactivity, i've been busy lately dry.gif ))

the small swallowtail yawned. she had fallen asleep in the odd tree and was now sleepily taking in her surroundings. the only thing that seemed to have changed was her full belly, that was now empty, and two humans standing by the door. curiosity made her scales crawl and she longed to flutter down and take in the two new people but her shyness spoke louder. clumsily she climbed/fluttered down the side of the fake tree and landed with a little plop. she sneezed slightly as dust tickled her nose and crawled closer to the door but far enough so as not to get caught by the humans.*

"Hello?" Robby asked again. He was beginning to doubt that there were dragons here.

"I starting to think that there AREN'T dragons here." he said aloud, to Chasilin.

He looked into the darkness a little more. He felt a bit like a moron, standing there.

Look at yourself, Robby! You just broke into a zoo's building with a stange woman with creepy tattoos, to find dragons that don't exist. This is stupid! You should leave and go back to the family, before Mom starts to wonder where you are.

He was just about to go back, when he heard a small thud from one side of the room. Some dust flew up.

Holy! There ARE dragons here!

"Did you see that?" he asked Chasilin. "I think I just saw a dragon."

-Chasilin bit her lip to his comment about her being obsessed, she was preparing to make a retort but a sound had her snapping her eyes open wide and unblinking into the darkness. Chasilin looked to Robby who spoke aloud.-

"You took the words out of my mouth"-she said, and she meant it, she was just about to ask the same thing.- "let's just wait here until one of them descides to talk to us."

-Chasilin glanced at Robby then at the ground.- "If you're hungry, I have some food in my backpack?" -she said. Despite her outwards appearance and attitude, she was secretly overjoyed to have found someone even remotely interested in the magnificant creatures she had spent her life, so far, studying. Before he could answer, she added on in a low whisper.-"You know I'm not obsessed....it's just...." -Chasilin couldn't finish the sentence. Bitng her lip she forced a smile.-

"So, yeah. About that food...?"

"No thank you. I'm not too hungry." he declined. But he had an idea. "However, maybe we can use some of the food to catch the dragons attention. Has any of your 'research' said anything about what they eat, because it could work." he asked, but was loose around the word research.

-Chasilin looked at him skeptically.- "I can hardly imagine they're going to want human food, but yeah, I can give an accurate guess as to what a majority of them eat." -she said, pausing as if she expected him to get it.She sighed.- "Meat. Most eat meat. Some eat plants. It depends on species, and we don't know what species they are. So, unless you have a freshly caught bull elk hiding somewhere I doubt something as small as a rib eyes will do much but lre hatchlings. Even then, dragons tend to be protective, they might get the wrong idea if we start draing in their young."

-Chasilin looked away and was desperately trying to hide her face, to no avail. Her cheeks were burning red. She had done it again. Why is it that with this boy she feels the need to spout off like that. Mentally kicking herelf, she was far too preoccupied to notice that a dragon had come closer. It was, indeed a hatchling.-

-Roy had been cowering alone in her hole at the farthest corner of the cave away from the dragons when she sensed the uneasiness and caution rolling off the other dragons. Curious, she emerged and crawled closer to them trying to figure out why. Unkowingly, she had krept int the viewing range of the humans, she did not know they where there, nor that her hiding place was so close to a door. She peered into the darkness and blinked, trribly confused.- "hello?" she chirped. She wanted to know why everything in the cave had gone so still, so quiet and, why were all the dragons out of sight? From where the little Royal Blue was standing, she could just catch the faint figure of a swallowtail. It was looking in the direction behind her and Roy turned arund only to be shocked still. What were those cretures? They looked like the scientist. Roy gave another excited chirp. Maybe they knew him and where he and her parent where! Breaking into a rocking sprint, she bound up to the bar door and chirped hello.-

"Well, then. We will just have to wait for one to come to us." He looked out into the distance where he heard the thud. This took him by suprise, when another dragon from the opposite side of the room came up.

"Wow..." he looked at the dragon, eyes and mouth wide. It had a beautiful, dark blue set of scales adorning it's body. Robby succumbed. He took a few, slow steps and knelt down next to it, to get a closer look.

Silvera stumbled a bit, and then bumped into Robby. She sighed. "sorry. Im Clumsy." she said. She sat down and looked at the sky. Getting some berries, she drew a tree with some circles in it. And imagined her family. she drew a diffrent species of dragon in each one. That doesnt look right... She thought. How could osmeone have her then? No one in the family she drew looked close to her.