NinjaPanther

The Wizard's Dragons

Robby listened as Chasilin suggested a bit of a sleepover.

"Nah. I don't think that would work," he said. He didn't want to say exactly why in front of his mom, though.

"Anyways, I shouldn't waste any more of my cell-phone minutes. I'll see you in about 15 minutes. I'd say 'bye,' but I don't really think we'll be leaving each other, so see you soon."

After a second, he hung up.

"Yeah, sorry for the sudden appointment."

"You always seem to forget that kind of stuff, it seems."

There was a bit of a silence.

"So, what is your project on?" she asked.

"Um, a book report." The classic for a LA project.

"Really? What book?"

"How to Train Your Dragon," I responded, coming up with the first thing on my mind.

"Really? I never knew that it was a book."

"Well, it was a book long before it was a movie, so yeah."

It was a tediously long drive home, despite the entire trip being about 10 minutes from home to Library, and back again.

((Ok Chas. It's up to you to write what happens on your side of the story for the next 10 minutes, before I show up at the library. It's all up to you, now.))

(( no pressure >_>" -waddles off to type something-))

The phone bad a quick static noise signaling the end of the call and Chasilin dropped the phone from her ear and shoulder and let it hit the ground. Her hands were petting dragons, no way was she going to stop for technology. The back of the phone fell open and the battery dislodged itself. Chasilin couldn't care less. After a while a large dragon who, by all of Chasilin's standards, was frightening beautiful, spoke aloud and in dragon tongue. Because she'd spent so long burning the language into her memory, the moment it was spoken she understood.-

"How do you know our language?"

"Well I.." -she started before the large, magnificent dragon from before approached regally and announced something as well. Chasilin listened to it and felt her heart thrumming in her chest.-

"Nonetheless, I think we are in agreement to accept your plea, dragon-friend."

-Chasilin couldn't hold back her smile, though she did try y biting her lip to the point of bleeding, she wanted to be serious. Yet, with everything going on, she found it hard to, it was all she could do not to endanger her life by running up and hugging the massive being. So, instead, she directed her excitement to the young Royal Blue who graciously accepted the hug and was lifted from the ground slightly. Chasilin hugged it.-

"I'm so happy..."-she whispered to it. She really was, too, she'd finally discovered that her one fantasy escape from reality in fact was reality itself. After spending so many years in the sanctuary of the dreamland and idealisms of dragons, she felt absolutely safe, secure, and real amongst the living flesh of her dreams.

Suddenly remembering the brilliantly intimidating she'dragon Chasilin looked up at her like a guilty child and replied in dragon tongue." I learned through reading many, many books. Some were so old they nearly crumbled when a breeze came across them. I've spent my entire life reading and learning about dragons. Discovering the language was a bonus...at the time it wasn't as if I'd ever get to speak it to anyone...but I'm glad I did learn it...I can speak to you now in your native language." -Chasilin blushed recalling practicing the language with a number of her dragon collectables at home.- Ohhhh I wish Robby were here for this!

"I'm so happy..."-she whispered to it. She really was, too, she'd finally discovered that her one fantasy escape from reality in fact was reality itself. After spending so many years in the sanctuary of the dreamland and idealisms of dragons, she felt absolutely safe, secure, and real amongst the living flesh of her dreams.

((Writing. Gold.))

Robby stepped out of the car.

"Thanks, Mom!"

"No problem, just try to be more on top of things!"

"I will. Good bye!"

"Good bye, hun."

I closed my passenger-side door and the car drived away. I preceded to walk into the library. As soon as the car turned around the corner, changed direction and headed towards the street. Then I paced myself. Then I ran as fast as I could. There was no way Chasilin would get to hog all of the dragons' attention. No way. Around the corner, he had his eyes on the city zoo. He had never run so fast in his life. He didn't even stop for the four-way intersection's crosswalk. He was just fortunate that the traffic was parallel to him. He went as fast as he could, and then some. He sped through the parking lot, without a care. He didn't stop for cars, stop for nothing. He ignored the surprised faces on many a people as he carelessly flaired through the zoo.

After a while, only about 20 yards from the new exhibit, did he slow down. Hey, I shouldn't make too much of an attraction of myself. He trotted down towards the dragon's cave, losing the eyes of everyone. He waited outside of the Employee's entrance, for Chasilin.

((-slightly confused- Writing? Gold?))

-Chasilin was enjoying the company so much that she entirely forgot about Robby. It only dawned on her when she caught a glimpse of the broken phone.- "Oh, fudge! I forgot! Uhm...please excuse me, the boy from before, he's got to be here by now. I have to go get him! He can't get in without a card!"- She sadly let go of the Royal Blue who'd become so fond of her and it followed to the door right up until she opened it, stepped through, locked it and then dissapeared after a short wave.- " I'll be right back!" -she called ina whisper and then darted through the hallways with a frightening stealth belonging to that of a very practiced predator. Reaching her destination she slipped the key card through the door and pushed it open a crack or so. Peering out she whispered sharply.- "Robby? Are you there?"

After a few minuets of petting Arela became side tracked and began to gaze up at the two large dragons. the grown female frightened her slightly but she hardly had time to think on it. The human had spoken in dragon tongue and immediately the small swallowtail was intrigued, she had never met another human, besides the wizard, that could speak dragon. leaning back on her haunches she stood up, wobbly, and craned her neck to see what the human was doing.

((Writing Gold? As in, what I quoted was just astounding writing!))

Robby waited outside, competely out of breath. Chasilin showed up in a moment.

"Robby? Are you there?"

"Yes. I ran all the way here!" he said between gasps. "Let me in. I need to sit down."

Not even waiting for an invitation, he slid around her and started towards the habitat.

((I'm not sure if you knew this, robby and Chasilin, but the dragons have already been freed, thanks to 9's and Mal's very destructive characters. If you read this, please don't make your charries so over-empowered in a fight. I don't even know where you came up with those attacks!))

Lana huffed at the human's fast retreat, while Graarl seemed intrigued at the girl's revelation. "I wonder..." he whispered aloud. Has the wizard been to this world before, and somehow left a dragon-tongue book here? That must be it... His thoughts trailed off into silence, his mind trying to fathom what intrigued him about this human. Spotting a man-made stalagmite near her, Lana easily beat her now large wings to the top. It wasn't tall, so when, if, the girl came back she would see Lana. "When are we going to tell her that we have already been freed?" she asked Graarl in amusement. He laughed as well, a deep booming chuckle characteristic of the stone dragons. "I suppose we could tell her when she returns with her friend. Listen." Lana heeded Graarl's instructions and a small dragon smile lit up her face. She snorted, trying to inhale a laugh as she heard the frantic footsteps of another human.

((-blushes to no end- g-gosh...don't praise me like that -hides behind hair....tries to anyway since it's a little too short.-))

"O-oh...kay.?" -she said after carefully closing the door noislesly and following after the heavily breathing Robby. Chaslin smiled fondly as she walked behind him, glad he couldn't see. As they neared the first division in the hall she stepped in frnt of him and held him back with a raised arm.- "Let me lead from here." -Then she turned around the corner, gripping Robby's wrist loosely. When they came to the gate, she hadn't realized she'd been holding on to him until sh had to let go to unlock the door.

Pushing it open she slipped through and then closed, and locked, it once Robby was inside. Walking over to the Royal Blue, who had been waiting for her, and the beautiful swallowtail, now on her hinds, Chasilin bent and smiled.-" I'm back, I'm sorry I had to leave. I'm glad it was just for a moment." -Chasilin looked over her shoulder at Robby.- "They said they've accepted us as their allies and are willing to hear us out. I believe you are the leader, it's very clear about you, the way you cary yourself and the way you seem to draw respect from all who surround you, myself included." -Chasilin directed that last bit to the largest of the dragons beside the female who had before asked her how she'd learned the dragon's native language.-

((haaaaaaahhh?!?! Since when D: Why didn't you mention that sooner? -dies of embarassment- T-t-t-t-t-ten what cave have they been going to???? -has thought they were at the zoo the whole time- x.x Someone please PM me whats ging on so I can get my bearings....))

Edited by Chasilin

((haaaaaaahhh?!?! Since when D: Why didn't you mention that sooner? -dies of embarassment- T-t-t-t-t-ten what cave have they been going to???? -has thought they were at the zoo the whole time- x.x Someone please PM me whats ging on so I can get my bearings....))

((Me too, please!))

((They are at the zoo, they are recooperating from the events of the battle. There was some weird dragon-napper person loose and my draggie (the female) went after her and couldn't catch her, rescuing a hatchling whose RPer dissappeared. They were pretty much freed on page ten or something... so I see why you didn't see they were free. I think the door to the cage got destroyed or something?))

"Yes, it seems that I am the appointed speaker, as most of us are still unconcious. There was a battle not too long ago. My name is Graarl, young one." The big stone dragon dipped his head, and Lana, after deciding she wasn't comfortable on her rock, leaped nimbly down, flaring her wings to keep herself balanced. "I am called Lana. Just who are you?" Her voice was slightly threatening, as she did not altogether trust the strange, two-legged beings.

Silvera looked up at Lana. Frightened at the looks of the vampire, she stumbled back a little, but managed to stay up. She peered at the Little hatchling. a new friend? Maybe. she thought. She turned away to Arela. "Oh this? Umm.... It was supposed to be something related to you. Of course, I dont excactly know. But i messed up. See?" she said pointing at the "X" she marked on the dragons.

((ooohhhhhhhh -feels disspointed in self- mmkies, thank you for bringing that to light. In any case my charrie shall help all she can -determined face- *^*))

-Chasilin was soothed by the voices of the dragons as they seemed to reverberate throughout her body and fill her with something, like a puzzle piece that had always ben missing, was found and put into it's place where it has always belonged but never been.-

"My name is Chasilin Ceroliass Dantess. I am just an ordinary human as you could suppose for yourselves, but I....I...."-Her voice got silent and somehow was laced with a sadness that was linked to a part of her still unknown.- "I've always believed dragons were real! I've been loyal to your kind since before you were a tangible evidence of your own existence." -Chasilin looked up both on the brink of tears and with a determination that was encouraged by her need for their physical presence beyond that of their literal one, if that made any sense, other than to her that is. To Lana she said directly;- "Never, not in the meager few years that I, as a human, posses, would I ever be anything but blindly loyal to the dragon race. Even if you can't trust me, I trust you unflinchingly with my life." -In general she added- "If there is anything more that I can possibly offer, within my power to do so, I will do it without hesitation."

-Despite the spectacle she was making of herself, and in front of Robby no less, she was determined to bite back anything that threatened to intervine with her sincerity. Throughout her life, dragons were an outside source of life for her, they, in idea alone, had managed to keep her going when nothing else could. They held a certain significance to her life being as it is now and were, on many occasions, all she had for comfort when her parents left her home alone in the company fo a tutor or a nanny and nothing more. Dragons were her sanctuary, her friend, her confidant, and her core, now that thy were real, she could whole-heartedly throw herself at their feet and at their mercy. She owed everything to them even if they did not know it, nor do anything but exist.-

((It's okay, it was before you guys joined so its perfectly okay for you not to know. I wasn't altogether sure what was happening back then either. *looks at sig* I'm sorry you died. I'm sure we can get you an ambulance. xd.png))

Graarl gave Lana a menacing look, without words showing her that she needed to be nice to the strange human. "I have already said that we have accepted your help," he responded to her breakdown comfortingly, "There is one thing you might help us with. There was an electrical shock a short time ago, and some of us are still unconscious. If you and your friend could help us in some way to wake them up your assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Lana heard her grandfather's unspoken request and walked over to the small gate. She grasped the flimsy iron hinges with her now tough, sharp claws and, using her enormous strength, threw back against the gate with all her weight. Slowly, with an enormous screeching noise, the gate erupted from its spot, and clattered to the ground behind Lana.

"Feel free to come in," she said to the humans, feeling slightly pleased with herself, and her new, darker side starting to hide away, releasing the hatchling that had been within her even after her transformation.

Edited by ubbydubby

Upon entering the habitat, Robby, in short, listened Chasilin break down, and was asked to be a nurse to some of the dragons who had passed out.

"I may be able to help. I have a First Aid merit badge in Boy Scouts. Of course, that only applies to humans. However, I bet that there is enough in common between us for me to come up with a solution. Where are the ones whom you say are stil unconcious, and about how long have they been out, roughly?"

Robby felt in charge. He liked it that way.

((Poor Chasilin .....))

-Chasilin nodded to Graarl and bit her lip again until bled once more. She wasn't about to start to cry.- "I can help, my Father is a doctor for humans and animals, I've learned a lot from him as well as his books, and my mother knows every pressure point of every species, I could use that and apply it to a dragon." -Chasilin was glad no one had said anything about her break down...she wasn't entirely proud of it but at least it was true.-

((Naturally, convienently, you have to out-do my character. You parent just SO HAPPENED to be a vetrinarian.))

"So, you have some experience in the medical field? I never knew. You seem to have your finger in every dip!" Robby said, recognizing her possible skill, and slightly jealous of it. "With both of our skills combined, I'm sure we can figure something out, easily."

((My real life Uncle is a heart surgeon and a vet and my Mother knows everything there is to know about healing herbs and believes in a of natural remedies, she also really does know the pressure points for just about anything. I was basing Chasilin's parents on my real life family x3))

"Absolutely" -she smiled."I'd be happy to teach you everything I know, it's not fun knowing something and not being able to share it with others. Knowledge, of any variety, is a powerful allie and a terrible enemy but all in all it's best never to keep it to yourself." -Chasilin stated this with one finger in the air as if giving a lecture. She laughed and smiled at Robby and then to Graarl and Lana, who promptly torn off a door.-"Well, I suppose we should get to work then. Please show me to those of need of immediate assistance. We'll do our best."

Edited by Chasilin

((Sorry you guys I had to finish homework.))

Graarl nodded at both humans, and motioned with his paw. "Follow me and Lana. Boy, come with me. Dragonfriend, go with Lana." ((Chasilin will need to translate this)) Graarl waited for the humans to respond, with Lana impatiently pacing.

-Chasilin nodded and then blinked in surprise at a though that had just risen to the fore front of her mind.- "Uh...Robby...you don't know Dragon Tongue do you?"

((gah...short.....))

((I don't really consider it short if you don't have much you could possibly say.))

Robby was taken by surprise when Chasilin asked if he knew the language of the Dragons.

"No, I don't. Why are you asking? I mean, the dragons and I can communicate just fine through our minds."

-she nodded- "Well, Graarl says for you to follow him, I am to go with Lana. I'll see you in a bit I suppose." -She waved and then went off after the vampire dragon who was pacing at her expense.- "I'm sorry, I'm ready now."

Robby looked over to the large dragon as Chasilin lefted with Lana.

"So, where to?" he asked, patiently.

Edited by thegreenrobby