Zoroark77

Dragons of Light and Darkness

What do you think of "Dragons of Light and Darkness"?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Everyone, please remember to make posts at least 300 characters long. I'm going to work on making my posts longer, too.))

((After? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.))

"I vote Racing!" Atlas declared as she raise her paw. The female magi dragon did love a good competition and was always determined to prove that she was the best. "I'll go for Wolves and Sheep," said Aeolus. It was his idea after all, and he didn't want to vote for any other options. Now the only one left to vote was Zashia. But if she chose Fireball, then the options were going to be a tie and that meant that Marlin would have to vote to declare one of the choices a winner.

((I'll play with Aera when it's morning again, because she sleeps right now biggrin.gif ))

Soul:

Soul went out of his sleeping berth, and started to fly. He wanted to go to the big river. He flew and flew, until he arrived. The sun disappeared behind some trees and hills. The Silver looked at the water. He loved the silent splashing of the water. It was so chilling. He laid down. Maybe he would find some sleep here. But he started to think about his dream... A dark forest... And some bad dragons... Maybe the dragons came from the Darkness! He tried to look to the other side of the river, but he only saw a small piece of land. The dragon layed his head on his paws and watched the water again.

Edited by DragonFriend

Remembering that both the race and fireball were her ideas it wouldn't matter much at all which she picked, besides she'd been needing a good workout. She raised her wing, "I vote for racing". She decided that a good friendly race would be fun, and she

would be able to see who's the fastest out of all of them. "So if we do race i say it should be that far mountain over there, (she pointed out the mouth of the cave at a mountain that was 50 miles away) it'll be to there and back." She said

"Race it is then. We will race to the far mountain and then back again, naturally the one in first place will be the winner." marlin said in a very decree like voice. He stood at the end of the cave signalling to the others that they should do the same so that they could get started. "Alright everyone line up so I can start the count down to the start of the race." He said putting himself into a stance to launch out of the cave. Marlin wasn't a very fast flyer so he doubted he would place very high but the activity would be fun and help to kill some time until the Alphas got back from wherevver it was they had gone. marlin was also a bit concerned, despite the sun's low altitude it hadn't fully set, he would have to stay in the shadows of the mountains which would put him at a disadvantage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Teiyos sighed as she slammed her tail against the ground to unearth more boulders. She was becoming wearing of not having any results. Looking back to the light from the shore she sighed again and decided to humour herself. On days like this when she was feeling despaired she often did something to get her mind off of her continueing lack of success. So She spread her wings after making her pile of boulders and took off for the mysterious light. It was at the very least something to do, and if in the end it proved to be nothing she could always search out one of her pillars again and start right from where she left off. Now that she was flying straight for the light instead of zigzagging across the large lake it would take her much less time to reach the shadow's island.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Zashia took her place next to her mate. "I love racing!" Said Zashia, she opened her wings stretching to get limber and ready. She had always been an exceptional flier considering flying was the only way she got around.

Edited by Draconian557

Zashia had voted racing, so now everybody was going to race to the mountain and then come back home. First one to reach from to and back wins. Aeolus, Atlas, Marlin, and Zashia went to line up in a row at the end of the cave. Atlas stretched her wings and flapped them once in a confident manner as she got into a stance to ready herself. Aeolus waited for the signal to start racing, so that he could dash off first and try to leave the others behind as far as possible.

"Three, two, one, GO!!!!" His tone made it obvious that by one that they were to wait until go. Marlin leapt into the air beating his wings. Because he made the countdown he had snagged the lead although it wasn't likely that he would hold it. His mate had proven on many occasions that she was the fastest of the pair. Still he flew as hard and fast as he could in order to maintain what was likely an infinitesimal lead. He was forced to dive slightly in order to stay out of a few stray beams of sunlight that were lingering still. At the same time the Nocturne actually managed to gain some speed form the momentum of the dive. Marlin chanced a backward glance to see where the others were. Edited by En'K'Haral

Zashia went right past him as he saw her. she was flying ahead of all the other dragons and staying ahead. "Magi dragons aren't allowed to teleport by the way!" she roared so the rest of the group heard. she was flapping very fast now and her wing fire was starting to engulf her and turn her into a fireball. "Wheee!" she yelled as all the trees around her burst into flames.

After the countdown, Atlas and Aeolus sprinted up into the air and spread their wings to take flight. Zashia was already in the lead within a minute as she was the fastest of the four. She told Atlas that magis were allowed to use their teleporting ability to cheat in the race. Atlas understood that and said, "I know. That's why I'm going to do this instead." She cast a spell behind her to make winds blow hard towards her, giving Atlas a boost in speed to get herself ahead of everybody else. She zoomed past Aeolus, who dodged a bit to the left to avoid getting bumped by her, and was on her way to catching up to Zashia.

((Sorry, I've been away.))

When the barrier heard Star's and Spel's requests to gain entry to the island, it said to them, "Star, move ahead. Spel, remain where you are, under pain of death, by order of the leaders of The Shadows." Then it addressed them individually, Star first. "Star, you may proceed. Spel is being, for lack of a better word, 'detained', on suspicion of giving false information to you and the other leader." The hole opened, and the countdown began, this time from five. "Five, four, three, two, one, gateway closing. No more shall enter until after identification." Then, the barrier addressed Spel: "Young one, you have been declared a 'person of interest' by the leaders of The Shadows. You are under suspicion of giving false information to the leaders. The next time it is determined that you are giving false information, you will be kicked out. If you try to re-enter afterwards, you will be summarily killed. You may enter. Oh, and be polite. Being mean will not get you anywhere. Countdown starting now." The hole opened, and the countdown started, this time from 3 seconds; an attempt by the barrier to show Spel that it meant buisness. "Three, two, one, gateway closing. No more shall pass until after identification."

Edited by Saphira123456

(( Sorry, I was on holidays ))

Soul:

As Soul looked up again, he saw some dragons flying to a mountain. It looked like they were dragons from the Darkness. Soul growled a bit. He don't likes the Darkness. They stole the Lights eggs. He knew it. Who else could do such a rude thing. The Silver stood up, lowered his head to the river and drank some water. After a while he stopped, turned around and flew away. His emerald green mane got a light silver shine in the moonlight. He flew and flew, not really knowing where he wanted to go...

Marlin was falling behind despite his best efforts to make some seriouse speed. Sadly he was barely able to keep up with Aeolos. HE could fly the distance at full speed but had a hard to making full speed well...fast. Zaisha was already well ahead of him and Atlas had passed him but moments ago and was now closing in on his mate fast. "How do they get so fast?" He half muttered to himself.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Teiyos flew towards teh light she noticed something near the land...was that another dragon? Maybe onf of the Lost? Excitment rippled through the Green dragon's body as she immediatly changed course and started booking it straight to Soul. It wasn't until she had gotten good and close that she realized who it was. Back before she started this quest Teiyos had seen this Dragon in a few of their conflicts in the past. She sighed as she approached. "Oh...it's you."

Zashia looked behind herself to see atlas coming up quick. "Let's test this out..." Zashia said to herself. all of a sudden zashia burst into a fire ball and used the fireball to make a humongeuos explosion behind her propelling her to the mountain, where she quickly landed and jumped back on her way to finish the race. as she passed atlas she said, "Since you used wind I used fire!" she continued to fly.

Zashia used a fireball to create a big explosion behind her. Atlas's eyes went wide with shock as she heading right towards the trap. The magi dragoness flew into the blast of flames and started falling towards the trees below as she screamed in pain. After this moment, Aeolus and Marlin went past where Atlas crashed, leaving the magi in last place. The green dragon reached the mountain before turning around to race back to the Darkness home. Atlas steadied herself up off the ground and looked into the sky to see the three dragons making their way back to the home territory. 'Drat! They've reached the mountain and they're already making their way back! Well here's a few words of note to you guys, I won't lose!' she thought. Then Atlas flapped her wings back up over the trees and used her wind magic to zoom towards the mountain and then go back to home.

Zashia was 3/4 of the way there and noticed that the magi dragoness was gaining, but then she had an idea. Her wings turned into fire as she created a far smaller fire ball that blew her up at a 45 degree angle and at the peak she started spiraling and landed smack dab in the middle of the cave in a crater. She got up and noticed a limp right wing, with horrible cracking sound and a loud roar she had managed to put her wing back in it's socket. "Note to self only attempt that when targeting something soft."

Marlin saw Atlas whoosh past...again and nearly panicked. Unfortunately this resulted him in getting into a patch of sunlight. His body froze up and he plummeted for a moment before falling baack into shadows regaining his motion and leveling himself. Much to his chagrin there was Aeolos well ahead of him again. "Blast!!!!" Flapping furiously he started gaining on Aeolos.

Atlas saw Zashia speeding herself upward with a smaller explosion behind her to reach the cave faster. "Shoot!" Atlas cursed as she saw the hellfire wyvern getting really close to the finish. Atlas used more of her wind magic to give herself an extra boost in speed, but effects exhausted her by a little that she was feeling a bit tired. Within half a minute of catching up to Zashia, the female beta had already reached the finish line (that's assuming if she did). Atlas landed in the cave and said to herself in disappointment, "Crud, I lost!" The only ones left to reach the cave were just Aeolus and Marlin. Which one of them was going to come in 3rd place and the other in the last? Thirty seconds or more so later, Aeolus got into the cave and landed right in it. The green dragon looked to see Zashia & Atlas as he asked, "So I assume Zashia is the winner?" Atlas nodded and said, "Yeah, she came in first place, even when I was getting close to her." "I see. Well then, congrats on winning the race, Beta Zashia," Aeolus said to her with a calm smile.

It was another solid thirty seconds until Marlin landed huffing. "I need to get faster." he said between pants as he wobbled up to the group after landing. he Sat down and took this time to regain his breath before he continued to speak to Zaisha. "Congrats, your still the fastest of he two of us." He said jokingly to his mate. With the race finished and Marlin thoroughly worn out he decided that now was break time. It was still early in the evening, the race had barely used up any time at all. "So what does the winner get for a reward?" He asked hoping to enduce some brainstorming amongst the small group af racers. Such small activities was really training in desguise, it helped to develope cleverness and creativity in the others which meant well planned combat strategies when fighting the light clan.

Edited by En'K'Haral

At first they can't read Zashia's emotions through facial expression and then all of a sudden she has a dragon version of the troll face. "To rub it in!?"

Atlas smiled and chuckled in amusement at Zashia's joking response before she said, "Hah! That's a way to celebrate a victory." Then she looked at everyone from Aeolus to Marlin and asked, "So now what?" She was wondering what they should do next after racing.

((Sorry for not responding soon. But that's what happens when you're in too many RPs. You post in some of them, but skip and forget the others after you've lost the energy to post or are more interested in the other RPs.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Moon flew around the sky, Scanning the earth for anything to hunt. She swooped down, Seeing if there was anything there. She soon found a buck. She crouched, Hoping the buck didn't see her. She flew up as fast as she could. She went downwards, Very fast. She attacked the buck, She scratched it and bit it. Moon soon killed it. She picked it up with her hind claws. She flew up into the sky, carrying her buck. She hated that her name was Moon. She was supposed to hatch at night, But she was to late... Dawn came by the time she hatched, and her careless parents named her Moon.

Marlin was at a loss for ideas as well. The only thing he could think of was continuing the rest and relaxation with more gameplay. Course after establishing who was the fastest flier some of the games would be heavily weighted in Zaisha's favor. So in truth he was at a loss for what to do other than just wait out the evening until the Alpha's came back with orders or some form of news. Speaking of the Alpha's where had they gone off too? "I'm not sure what to do to be honest Atlas. Although I am a bit worried, the Alpha's have been out for some time and haven't come back yet. I hope something didn't happen to them while they were out." He of course just assumed that the Alpha's were out hunting.

When Marlin showed concern for the alphas, Atlas suggested, "Then maybe we can go out and search for the alphas. They've probably been ambushed and attacked by the Light dragons." Aeolus looked at her seriously and asked, "And who's going to guard our home and our eggs if there are no dragons left here?" The eggs and hatchlings were at risk of getting stolen and attacked by intruders, if there no dragons to protect them. "Uh..." Atlas said as she tried to think about who would do the job if Atlas, Aeolus, and the Betas weren't there, but nothing came to mind. "Alright fine, I guess I'll have to stay here and watch over our home while you guys go," said Atlas. Then the magi looked at Marlin and Zashia and continued, "Unless the Betas here have a better idea."

Edited by Red Dragonette

Spel was only halfway through the hole when it started to close! She was very nearly incinerated! However, she just barely made it through the hole without harm.

((Was sidetracked by other things. Er, Saphira, isn't that godmodding, when you controlled Spel? Spel's Zorarark's character, right?))

Xaril frowned again, but said nothing. No one, save for this allegedly million year old dragon had labled Spel 'of interest'. But then again, every darned time they sent the dragoness to spy on the Lost, the intel she gathered was always...well, flawed. The black had merely thought Spel was inexperienced at this. But he couldn't deny his growing suspicions after the first 5 times. Xaril moved a good distance away from Kerry. He didn't want the Guardian of Nature to glean more of his thoughts. Even if she was a spy he thought, there would be more subtle ways of flushing her out. Surely the Lost will know of this, and we will, no have, lost valuable advantages against our foes...but no matter. The deed's been done.