Zoroark77

Dragons of Light and Darkness

What do you think of "Dragons of Light and Darkness"?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kerry spotted other dragons approaching, and immediately threw up invisible barriers. When approached, the barriers turned visible, and formed a wall of flame around the island, at which point the other dragons would have to identify themselves as members of The Shadows, or as dragons wishing to join. If they identified themselves as anything else, or if they tried to push past the barriers, the flames would instantly kill them.

The black smiled as he saw his mate happily flying behind him. "Race you to the island?" He shouted before he could stop himself. True, it was childish, but he couldn't help himself. Xaril struggled to keep a straight face, and adjusted the angle of his wings to go faster. He saw a Guardian dragon already on the island. Hmm, what was his name? It began with a K...I'll ask him later.

As everybody woke up and left to go hunting, Aeolus came out of the cave and went over to Atlas, who had been standing guard at the entrance to watch for intruders from the Light and the Lost. "Spotted anything?" Aeolus asked her. Atlas shook her head and replied, "No sign of them. I guess those Light scums are too afraid of getting into camp with me on the watch for them. Heck, I'd be roasting them into next week or turning them into popsicles if they ever dared try to steal our clan's eggs!" "You do know, you're also suppose to be watching out for the Lost too, right?" Aeolus asked, as what the magi dragoness had said, made the green thing she was only looking out for the members of the Light. "Oh! Uh... yeah, I was looking out for them too. But I still think the Light's behind all this. I mean we're both enemies, right? So who'd be more willing to take our eggs and keep our numbers low than the Light?" Atlas asked, she was so intent on keeping guard against the Light, that she had kinda forgotten to look out for the Lost as well. "Hmm... I don't know. Maybe the Lost? Our alpha Star has had suspicions that they could behind the egg-nappings? She could be right about this, but I'm not saying that you're wrong, Atlas. Until we have proof on our culprits, we must be wary of any strangers and the Light dragons at all times," Aeolus told her. Then as he walked past the magi dragoness, he said, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some hunting to do." As he walked away, Atlas called after him, "Bring back a big juicy bear for me, would you?"

There was a hiss, and a deep, deep voice suddenly issued from the barriers, directed at Xaril... "Young dragon, please identify yourself. Are you a member of the Shadows? Or are you a new dragon, approaching in hopes of recruitment? State yes or no, and if so, state which one. I must warn you; if you try to bypass these barriers, you will die instantly." All the barriers suddenly burst into flames, and became visible for miles around!

Edited by Saphira123456

I light had made itself known on the horizon to Teiyos. She was still too far away to see that Xaril and Star had passed behind her. "What the..." She said in awe. However she decided to leave it until another time after all it may well have just been a trick of the finally setting sun. She used her mighty tail to unearth some stone and forced it into a kind of stack that was good and tall. Once that was done she began flying along the land making sure the stack stayed just in sight. She had used this process to measure out reasonable lengths of water between passes. All along either side of the lake between where she was and where she started near the Darkness home, pillars like the one she had just set up could be found marking the intervals that she was using. One need only follow these pillars to find Teiyos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rabbit landed on Marlin squarely in the eyes and he cursed at Spel. "Blast it Spel." he grumbled in discontent before chowing down on the rabbit. It sounded like Aeolos and Atlas were up two, well of course Atlas was up, it was her watch at the moment. he couldn't hear what they were saying but didn't really care at the moment either, he was simply too hungry. Normally if the Alphas left Marlin or his mate with plans he would be waking people up the moment the sun was away from his den but he didn't know of anything today so he let them all sleep.

Edited by En'K'Haral

As Aeolus started walking away from the home grounds, he saw the nocturne dragon, Marlin, and Spell eating their breakfast. "Greeting Marlin," Aeolus said as he walked by the Beta. Then the green dragon went out into the woods to look for some prey to hunt. He wandered through the woods for a quarter of an hour until he saw a great-horned owl in a tree hole. Aeolus walked towards his prey as he got his wings ready to fly should the owl start taking flight away from him. Just as he got really close, the owl woke up and spotted the predator getting close to it. The owl got out of its tree hole and started to fly away, but Aeolus snapped his jaws around it and started chewing up the owl until it was dead. After its death, Aeolus ate up the owl and left its bones & remaining flesh on the ground before he went to get something for Atlas.

Xaril growled slightly as he arrived at the island. Stupid barrier! Who's idea was it? Ah well, it would be a good measure to take. "Yes, I'm a member of the Shadows." He turned around, waiting for Star.

"You may pass. All others behind, stay put. If you try to follow this young one in, however close you are to him, you will be killed instantly. The hole will only stay open for 10 seconds." the barrier said. A hole, small enough for one dragon and one dragon alone, opened in the flaming barrier. At the same time, the deep voice began counting backwards from 10. "Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One... Passageway Closing. No more shall pass until after identification."

Edited by Saphira123456

The black, somewhat miffed, went inside the hole and onto the island. He saw the Guardian dragon, and supposed he was the one behind the barrier and the voice. He couldn't stop himself from chuckling a bit when he approached Kerry,attempting to keep a serious face. Young? Me? What a thought! "So you were the one who put that up. Excellent precaution,though..." Xaril paused in the middle of his sentence. "What is your name, may I ask? I forgot it from the last meeting, sorry for that."

"My name is Kerry. Oh, and by the way, I can read other creatures' motor cortices, so I know what you're thinking... The truth being, I am older than I look! I was borne at the Beginning of Time; does that tell you why I called you young? Hmm?"

Edited by Saphira123456

Zashia managed to wake up and stand up. "Hungry..." She said passing her mate on her way out of the cave. "I'll be back in a second." She said taking off straight from the entrance. It wasn't more than five minutes before she saw a large male deer. She flew up right above it then stopped flapping all together, before the deer knew what was upon him his body had already been charred to the point of being pitch black. "Ah... Just the way i like it!" Said Zashia starting to eat. She finished withing minutes and made it back still before the sun had set. "I'm back!" She said.

"Hi Zashia, how was your hunt?" Atlas asked the female Beta. Meanwhile, Aeolus was hunting for the second animal. He saw a big black bear, which Aeolus assumed to be a male as indicated by its size, eating up a deer. Atlas had told him to bring back a bear for her. Aeolus was going to catch any second animal he saw for Atlas, no matter whether it was a bear or not, but since he actually managed to find a bear this time, Aeolus thought it was a lucky coincidence. So the green dragon walked towards the bear and it turned its head to look at his foe coming to it. The bear let out a frightful roar at Aeolus, but the Gamma wasn't even slightly intimidated by the bear's attempt to scare him off. 'Fool, your roaring won't chase me off,' he thought unimpressedly. Then Aeolus blew out his mud breath at the bear's eyes to blind it. The bear let out painful roars as its eyes stung from the mud spat on its eyes. As the bear tried to get the mud out of its eyes, Aeolus semi-circled the bear and tackled it over as he pinned it on its back. The bear stopped what it was doing and instead tried to claw at Aeolus. The green dragon held back a painful growl as he ignored the pain and clamped his fangs onto the bear's windpipe. After a few moments, the bear went limp and died. Aeolus picked up the bear by its scruff and dragged it off back to the homegrounds.

((I'll start playing as Diana once it's completely nighttime.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Star:

Star caught up to her mate. "Come on, open up, let me through. Yes I'm a member of The Shadows, so let me through!"

End Star.

Sol:

Sol examined the two hatchlings who had refused to join his clan! why would anyone refuse to join his clan!? Just the thought of it made Sol angry. "Well in that case," Sol said, barely able to contain his rage. "Would you be so kind TO GET OFF OUR TERRITORY!?"

End Sol.

Spel:

Spel grumbled as she flew over the sea. Off to another boring meeting. Yippee. As she reached the barrier, she yelled "I, Spel, member of The Shadows and gamma of The Darkness, request entry to The Island of The Shadows!"

End Spel.

Dawn and Dusk:

Dawn and Dusk, terrified, scrambled away from the camp as fast as they could. They flew up into the air to get more speed. The gold dragon was angry. They didn't want to be anywhere near him while he was angry. They headed north, unaware that they were heading into yet another clan's territory.

End Dawn and Dusk.

Although the sun had not completely set it had gone down far enough for Marlin to leave the cave. He waited for his mate to return before flying out himself, after all someone had to be in charge while the Alphas were away. "I'll be back. That bunny was hardly what I would call a meal."Marlin flew out staying within the shadows cast by the mountains. Instead of going to the forest like the others he liked to hunt the mountains themselves. He found a mountain goat, it would suffice. He fell like a stone upon his pray, crushing it's neck on the impact effectively killing it. Right there he began to eat his catch and when that was done he returned to the Cave. "Evening Atlas." He said as he landed inside.

-------------------------------------------------

The light hadn't faded from the horizon and the more Teiyos looked at it the more she wanted to investigate. Still because of how far away it was she figured that she would lose it on the way there. Teiyos had already started out over the water again having made the pillar of stone little more than a spec.

Username: Mey12ab

Name: Corli

History:(optional)

Personality:(also optional) Snappy, loyal, short-tempered

Clan: Darkness

Breed: Black

Other: Lost

Edited by Memy12ab

((The betas for The Darkness are taken, and PM me forms.))

((She's right, if you look at this link, you'll see what positions are taken. If you want to be a Beta, you can go and join NightClan.))

Atlas saw Marlin return from his hunt and greeted, "Hi Marlin, how's it going?" Then Aeolus came back with the bear like he promised and set it down in front of her, "Here's the bear you wanted, Atlas." Atlas was pleased that he brought back what she wanted and said, "Thank you, Aeolus! I'm glad you got me what I wanted for breakfast." Then she started to eat the black bear as her jaws tore through its furry skin and sank into the meaty flesh.

((sorry was away at my step dad's no internet))

"Wow... That's a pretty good catch!" Said Zashia seeing the bear. "So are there any planes for tonight or is it just for the clan to do whatever?" Asked Zashia. "If so what would you guys like to do?" She said.

"That is a nice catch Aeolos." Marlin added to his mate's comment. He then decided to address the question his mate had asked. He didn't know of anything left by the Alpha's so as far as he was concerned it was a day of nothing. He contemplated filling it with drills but that would likely just tick everyone off. "Well, we could always go over attack methods for when we next fight with the light clan." He decided to suggest drills anyways since it really was all he could come up with. The other option would likely be some form of recreation...which in it's own way could be turned into a form of practice. Naturally everything he seemed to think of eventually turned into some form of practice.

"Thank you, betas," Aeolus said to them solemnly. Though on the inside, he felt glad for their compliment. To him, this may be a next step closer to him being the next Beta potential. When Marlin suggested that they plan out their strategy for the next Light attack, Aeolus asked, "Like raiding their home or defending ours from them?" He can help to think up plans on how they can achieve a successful victory against the light.

"Well you know i was thinking if there were no plans we could have like, a race or something. I'm tired of training and i thought tonight should be a fun night." Said Zashia thinking of things to do. "Do you guys know how to play fireball?" She asked.

Marlin listened as ideas were pitched. Although he prefurred to train his mate was right, they hadn't really had a day for just recreation for a while now. he gave the two ideas a great deal of thought but in the end decided to agree with his mate. "Good Idea Aeolos, however I think I am going to agree with Zaisha. Even I understand the value of rest and recreation. So we will have just a day to enjoy ourselves. I like the idea of a race, and I wouldn't mind learning how to play this fireball game. If anyone else has recreational ideas pitch them now.' He said in conclusion, showing that he was giving his support to Zaisha. If the clan didn't know him better than they did some would have gone as far as to assume he was siding with her because she was his mate.

Atlas and Aeolus looked at Zashia as the magi dragoness asked, "Fireball? What's that? Some kind of game?" Aeolus said to her, "From the way she mentioned it, of course." Then when Marlin asked if they had anymore recreational ideas, Atlas and Aeolus looked at each other as if expecting the other to come up with an idea. Then they looked back to Marlin as Atlas told him, "I got nothing." "Would the game of Wolves and Sheep sound appealing to you?" Aeolus asked. Aeolus's game was about two teams: wolves and sheep. Whoever's team name was called out, the 'it' team had to chase after the opposing team and try to catch them before they reach the safe area. Those who got caught were out. Should all of the remaing members of the fleeing team reach the safe area, that team would now be 'it' and would have to chase and catch their rivals. The game was won when the last members of one team remain standing.

"Well i like the sound of that!" Said Zashia then explaining that fire ball was pretty much like tag but hellfires called it fireball for the obvious reason that they tended to shoot off a mini fireball from there claws. (after or during a tap)

Marlin nodded in a satisfied manner. They had three suggestions so far which was good. When it seemed like the small group had finished making their suggestions he gave a nod. "Alright then, of you three put it to a vote. Fireball, Racing or Wolves and sheep." He declared since he couldn't make up his own mind on the subject. He also left himself out of the vote so that there was no chance of a tie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Still nothing as the shore came into sight. Teiyos sighed, sure it was beneficial to the cln if she found something but it was a lot of ground to cover especially with no place to land in between crossings. She landed and decided to give her wings a rest as she watched the light on the horizon.

Edited by En'K'Haral