Shinobimasterz

ANSWERED:Sort out - Dragon caves (Files) - suggestion

I really like Fengari's ideas. smile.gif I'm completely for that.

I'm not sure if it's already been suggested or not, but sorry if it has... if people don't want the link to collections on their page because they don't want to do the collections thing at all, then perhaps if someone's scroll has no dragons in any collections, then the link wouldn't appear when others are viewing their scroll. Then as soon as you sort some dragons into the collections, the link appears. That way, at a first glance of a scroll, you'd be able to tell if someone had dragons in collections or not.

Ooh, I'd love to have this. I've always dreamed of having some sort of separator for the 9-12-ish dragon clans on my scroll, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I liked Fengari's suggestion, but instead of having a "View Collections" button, I was thinking to make it look a little more like it does on my MagiStream account, with tabs/other links leading to the different files of dragons. All MagiStream accounts have the same function.

Edited by Sunrise

can we name the files? Like in the pokemon were you can change the name of the boxes cuz I always sort my pokemon bu their kind/element along with a few extra. That would help me for keepinf track of what dragons are in a breeding project and such.

EDITED:: can we make a poll?

Edited by libby2999

can we name the files? Like in the pokemon were you can change the name of the boxes cuz I always sort my pokemon bu their kind/element along with a few extra. That would help me for keepinf track of what dragons are in a breeding project and such.

Yes, you could do it for each box individually

I can see this working! not a bad idea smile.gif

I would love to be able to put all the dragons that are in my personal projects in one 'file' and the ones for 'breeding/group' projects in another. I kinda do this already but in paper form in my note book lol I have also 'sectioned' off the dragons on my scroll, ones below the tinsels are personal project and King&Queen of commons, ones directly above are group projects ect ect

Gotta keep tabs somehow lol soooooo many lineages to work on biggrin.gif

So personally for me I would welcome this 'option'.

Be great to be able to personalise each tab name. I don't get why people would think this too complicated, when its so simple huh.gif and would clearly be a choice.

wow. this looks complicated, doesn't it? wacko.gif Although.... it does look helpful smile.gif

it's not very complicated actually, it's like specifying in which file the dragon will be displayed and when you click the link to that file all the dragons that have been specified to show up there are visible

I think this would be amazing. I'd love to be able to keep all the different aspects of my game seperate. I don't really do many lineages because I hate the way it screws up my organisation dry.gif

My 'accidentally adult' dragons, and the ones I am attached to but have awful lineages/already have really bug me, but I don't want to let them go.

If people don't want to have to view different files (actually I think doom is awesome!), then maybe have page separators for them, such as suggested here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=121823. This I think would be the best of both worlds - you can separate dragons on your scroll onto separate pages/tabs, but for people who don't want to view scrolls like that, all they get is page separators. I don't think this would be too hard to do. It means you may sort your dragons into groups, and other people will see these distinct groups, but don't have 'forced pages'

The only problem is putting dragons in multiple files. That could be complicated to display on a single page, and wouldn't it be harder to code? Not a major quibble, but I think it needs addressing, given so many are against having to have separate pages, and I don't think the same dragon should appear twice

i dont really see the need for this. it looks like another option to keep a scroll more organized but i dont think it's necessary since you can group all the dragon any way you like, regardless of trophy level.

in any case i don't disagree but i don't agree it. if implemented, i wouldn't use it myself.

i dont really see the need for this. it looks like another option to keep a scroll more organized but i dont think it's necessary since you can group all the dragon any way you like, regardless of trophy level.

in any case i don't disagree but i don't agree it. if implemented, i wouldn't use it myself.

Different lineages, naming themes, cbs, what each generation is, inbreds, etc. And we do have quite a few people with 1000+ dragons, so although we can sort how we want, it's still just a long scroll and if you're grabbing eggs your pages are eventually going to move. :3

I'd like it for one simple reason - I could keep each set of lineage-building dragons in one file. I keep forgetting who's with whom. YES I keep a database - but, well.... I do have cases where one breed is working with more than one other and stuff...

We COULD have one dragon in more than one file, right ?

I'd like it for one simple reason - I could keep each set of lineage-building dragons in one file. I keep forgetting who's with whom. YES I keep a database - but, well.... I do have cases where one breed is working with more than one other and stuff...

We COULD have one dragon in more than one file, right ?

Yes, one could be listed under more files

I really, really, really want to see something like this implemented. I'd love to be able to organised my dragons into different files. But like fuzzbucket said, I'd like to be able to put the one dragon in more than one file. smile.gif

I would love this, could have a file for each breeding project which would be cool. I would have one of each CB breed on the normal scroll. Maybe if they have file 'tabs' across the top of the scroll which can me named?. People who don't like it just have one scroll!

Easy. LOVE IT!!!

This would be great.

I don't find this in any way complicated.

I'd love to sort my dragons better, like "BSA", "Rare", "Holidays" etc.

Right now I'm resorting my scroll, but no matter what I do, it's still messy and more complicated than to click on a link.

Yea, totally! I try my hardest to keep my scroll neat at all times, but it still gets really confusing when i wanna breed em etcetc.

Well, it can be optional and added to the Account options as SORT THROUGH BOXES

And you can keep your sort as it is

Or the second option is that the unsorted box is the main box and you can hold all your dragons there while still having the boxes

I agree with that.

For have the CB and breed separately, plus the pygmy army as well.

Would be an awesome way to have them organized, being optional everyone can be happy.

Edited by Kukuru

Mmm, I'm thinking about it.

I like to see all of my dragons at once, but for those with many dragons I can understand the appeal :3.

Of course I just wouldn't use it, at least not at first. For lineages maybe it would be useful. That "Unsorted" box would really gnaw at me though. I hate having things feel unorganized. Change it to something like "General" and I'll have no more issues.

I really wish there was a CB note next to the dragon as there is a snowflake for frozen and gender symbols.

Edited by Ashywolf

I'd love to have some form of organizing, but this just seems complicated compared to other suggestions I've seen.

I like this form of sorting, especially in Pokemon. However, if you ever played the original Red, Blue, and Yellow Pokemon games, do you remember how time consuming and difficult it could be to navigate the boxes? Especially if you had any desire to re-organize them?

I think this form of sorting would have the same effect on dragon cave as it did in the first Pokemon games, especially for those with slow internet.

I support having some form of organization on our scrolls. But I cannot support this form for the reasons above.

What I'd like to change about this idea would be that the files would be seperate from the normal scroll, sort of like an add-on. On the normal scroll, all the dragons would be visible just like now, and the files would sort of be like extra pages where dragons are listed according to however the scroll keeper wants to sort it.

In the game, the pictures are just drawings, so I would think a hyper-organised scroll keeper would probably organize stuff like we do with spreadsheets and databases and stuff like that. Only they'd do it on extra scroll paper. tongue.gif

I see a LOT of people have frozen hatchies sectioning off their scrolls. What if there were two options to be used either together or seperately?

You could put a line in with a label anywhere on your scroll to section things off, and you could do the same within the index tabs. I think going in and custom placing all those divider hatchies would be time-consuming.

ex-

|Main Scroll| |Rares| |Messy| |CB|

Halloweens~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mated Pairs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Every time we have a suggestion thread like this I've come in to say PLEASE YES!!

So here I am again. Many of us with 1000+ dragons, multiple lineage and other projects, etc. would really really like to have an easy way to sort them into their groups. My songs and poems would look soooo much better if they didn't randomly get cut in half. My breeding projects would be so much easier to keep track of.

PLEASE oh PLEASE Mighty TJ, can we have tabs/ files/pages of SOME kind???

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

This idea, with the breeding page implementation, sounds fine, but truly any way to sort beyond just one long list would be awesome.

Every time we have a suggestion thread like this I've come in to say PLEASE YES!!

So here I am again. Many of us with 1000+ dragons, multiple lineage and other projects, etc. would really really like to have an easy way to sort them into their groups. My songs and poems would look soooo much better if they didn't randomly get cut in half. My breeding projects would be so much easier to keep track of.

PLEASE oh PLEASE Mighty TJ, can we have tabs/ files/pages of SOME kind???

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

This idea, with the breeding page implementation, sounds fine, but truly any way to sort beyond just one long list would be awesome.

Agreed, even when I'm still at around 800 dragons.

Right now the only way to systematically sort something is to use legacy sort, which is incredibly annoying when you sort things with it for the first time. The hard limit of 32767 being the highest value in legacy sort also hindered its usefulness in huge scrolls. (Leaving space for scroll growth is a must, unless someone wants to redo the entire number typing thing everytime)

And even Legacy sort isn't completely solving the problem in large scrolls. A tab/group/etc system like Magistream that allows people to group specific dragons into a seperate page will be EXTREMELY useful.

I see a LOT of people have frozen hatchies sectioning off their scrolls. What if there were two options to be used either together or seperately?

You could put a line in with a label anywhere on your scroll to section things off, and you could do the same within the index tabs. I think going in and custom placing all those divider hatchies would be time-consuming.

ex-

|Main Scroll| |Rares| |Messy| |CB|

Halloweens~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mated Pairs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The problem I see with this, is that people still can't place dragons in more than one category.. not only that, but it also doesn't help with the length of the scroll and how much people have to scroll through just to get where they want to go, and in fact adds to it.

It also doesn't fix the hatchling issue as people would still have to go through and re-name them (if they didn't want the hatchlings re-mentioning what's mentioned on the scroll).