Shinobimasterz

ANSWERED:Sort out - Dragon caves (Files) - suggestion

Suggestion name: Sort cave (FILE)

Suggestion description:

- THIS IS AN OPTIONAL SORTING MECHANISM

- Each player is allowed to have separate Files (caves) in which he keeps his dragons.

- Each player can have an xy number of files according to his medal

for example:

No medal

10 files

Bronze

20 files

Silver

30 files

Gold

40 files

- Each file can hold an unlimited number of dragons

- Players can move different dragons through the files using Change Sort Order mechanism (which will need some adjustments)

- Files will remove pages of dragons, instead, we will have links to alternate files on our first file web-page

- First file will be named unsorted or main

- Within files, the pages will be showed as they are now, you will have a reduced number of pages

Inspired by:

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Screenshot3

Eggs and Hatchlings in files

- will be shown on the first file, the largest file (unsorted file)

Breeding in files:

Example 1:

You have an X dragon in the file 2, and it's mate Y is in the same file - The first list of possible mates that appears is the list of dragons in the file your breeding dragon is.

Example 2:

Breeding dragons from different files, the first X dragon is in file 5 and the second is in file 12, you have the possibility to navigate through and display mate possibilities from different files.

HOW IT WOULD LOOK LIKE

Concept1 - file

Concept 2 - breeding

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I mean, I wouldn't care if this was implemented as long as it was option and I could keep it far away from my scroll...but how on earth do you justify this in the world of dragons? Your scroll is just that: a scroll. You keep notes about your dragons and their names and lineages and descriptions on your scroll. Why would anyone keep their scrolls in multiple boxes? And further, why would anyone keep dragons in boxes? Those would have to be pretty tiny dragons, who don't mind living in a box. I really just can't see this. It works fine for Pokemon, I'm sure, but Pokemon =/= dragons.

Tabbed pages on a scroll, on the other hand, would just be more of a paper filing system and I think would work really well.

At Verilidaine

Box doesn't necessarily mean a carton or any other box you can see, a box can be a fictional image of a separated area. This name in this suggestion will probably be altered to fit dragon cave better. However i do not have the idea yet so i'm going ahead with box.

NAME CHANGED TO FILE

Well, I would like it if...

a) it was optional.

cool.gif there was an unlimited supply of files and

c) files weren't limited to a certain number of dragons.

Also, I don't think of it as putting dragons in files (althoug h it's easier and quicker to say than organizing the info of said dragon in certain files), but, well, putting the info on said dragons in files where I can access them without having to scroll through the rest of my, ah, scroll.

At Olympe

I can't set up an unlimited number of files, but files can have unlimited number of dragons, that has now been changed.

Why?

Probably too hard to script that everone can make their own files system

You could probably call them groups instad of boxes.

I do kinda like the idea,As long as it`s a setting which you can switch on and off.

AT BLACKROAN

The name FILES has been implemented

It is optional as said, you can turn it on and off as you please in the Account settings

There is another posibility and that is that all dragons are sorted by breed and tabs are actually names of the Breeds and you simply click and it shows all the reds or blacks for instance

The drawback of this is that you will have a treendous aount of tabs

Edited by Shinobimasterz

Well, it does have some merit, but it seems complicated.

No thanks. I agree with olympe that it seems complicated.

Plus, if you just base box numbers on trophies, then when people get to gold but continue collecting dragons they're going to run out of boxes. (There is no platinum trophy.)

This kind of seems like it would just be forced scroll pages, and instead of having an option to see no scroll pages you would HAVE to look through these boxes.

No thanks. I agree with olympe that it seems complicated.

Plus, if you just base box numbers on trophies, then when people get to gold but continue collecting dragons they're going to run out of boxes. (There is no platinum trophy.)

This kind of seems like it would just be forced scroll pages, and instead of having an option to see no scroll pages you would HAVE to look through these boxes.

1.) You would still have the pages through the boxes

2.) Someone said there is a Platinum, well then, still can you fill 12 boxes when each of them contains 200 dragons? + the first one that would be capable of containing more?

I say no to this...I agree with Mustangs44 in that this seems like it'd be forced scroll pages. :/ And to have pages within the boxes just kind of seems redundant/pointless, TBH...the boxes themselves already would be like scroll pages. Also, why would the first box be called "unsorted"?

I don't even have scroll pages: I have them set to where I view everyone's whole scroll on one page. I want to keep it that way.

I say no to this...I agree with Mustangs44 in that this seems like it'd be forced scroll pages. :/ And to have pages within the boxes just kind of seems redundant/pointless, TBH...the boxes themselves already would be like scroll pages. Also, why would the first box be called "unsorted"?

I don't even have scroll pages: I have them set to where I view everyone's whole scroll on one page. I want to keep it that way.

Well

The pages within the boxes is just for viewing dragons more easily

''Unsorted'' because it would contain new dragons, hatchlings and eggs that haven't yet been sorted out, grown up or hatched.

The machine can't sort them out for you

Anything else?

Don't like it. Sounds complicated. Besides, I have my setting set to see all dragons on one page, and don't want to have to click through 'boxes' or pages.

^This. I don't want to have to sort through pages or "boxes" to see my dragons. I prefer how it is now, where you can choose to have pages if you want.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm agreeing with the sentiment that it sounds overly complicated and rather unnecessary.

still can you fill 12 boxes when each of them contains 200 dragons? + the first one that would be capable of containing more?

There are presently several members who have nearly 2000 dragons, if that number has not already been passed yet.

Edited by TPishek

Don't like it. Sounds complicated. Besides, I have my setting set to see all dragons on one page, and don't want to have to click through 'boxes' or pages.

This. I have almost 2000 dragons now but I prefer them all on one page.

I wouldn't mind an optional system where I could build separate "scroll tabs" to organize my dragons, and where I could have the same dragon in different tabs. For example, be able to have all my dragons on one tab, all of those with interesting lineages on another, another page for BSA dragons. Essentially a way to index things so that I don't have to go through and check the lineage of hundreds of dragons to see if they are part of a project.

I've tried to do that with my current scroll sorting (projects/interesting lineages at the top, CBs and others organized via breed.

I'd like to emphasize the *optional* part of this idea, I'd hate to see others who want all their dragons on one simple scroll have to bother with this. This would just be an idea (and I've seen similar things to this mentioned by others in other threads) to let those who could make use of a system have something they can use. Plus, as I said, this could be handy, but I can certainly live without it.

I was coming in here to give this a no, but considering people wanted more customizable scroll pages, anyway, and upon thinking about this, I'm going to say - why not?

I think it'd be kind of neat if we could have customizable tabs where, depending on scroll settings, it could also have multiple pages. If we also had the option, like scroll pages, to choose whether or not these would show for scrolls, that'd be good.

If all that makes sense. :3

Well, it can be optional and added to the Account options as SORT THROUGH BOXES

And you can keep your sort as it is

Or the second option is that the unsorted box is the main box and you can hold all your dragons there while still having the boxes

Edited by Shinobimasterz

Make it optional. Make it to where there is no limit for dragons per box, then you have a big yes from me. This is what I hoped scroll pages would be like. I want to separate my magis from my other dragons, then separate my main CB collection from others, then have lineaged dragons i another, and BSA dragons in the other. I want my magis viewable and the reds of my adults hidden. I'm a sorting freak, so I wanted an option like this for a long time. This way people can sort through their dragons and categorize them on lineaged dragons, CB dragons, "do not breed" dragons, etc. Even having a box/cave for only rare dragons and to keep able to keep that page hidden would be nice. I also don't see how this is complicated at all. Going to the sort page, if you have this option, you could have your tabs and drag and drop dragons onto that tabs to sort them into their own caves. each cave/tab/whatever in use will display on your main page so you can flip through them.

Scroll pages are meant to help people cut on image loading times. They can't help with sorting and only you can set up how many dragons can be viewed per page. I WANT to be able to show people my magis first and I want to easily show how many CBs I have collected...I don't want people to see them in pages like we have now, so I just hide my adults.

I mean, I wouldn't care if this was implemented as long as it was option and I could keep it far away from my scroll...but how on earth do you justify this in the world of dragons? Your scroll is just that: a scroll. You keep notes about your dragons and their names and lineages and descriptions on your scroll. Why would anyone keep their scrolls in multiple boxes? And further, why would anyone keep dragons in boxes? Those would have to be pretty tiny dragons, who don't mind living in a box. I really just can't see this. It works fine for Pokemon, I'm sure, but Pokemon =/= dragons.

Tabbed pages on a scroll, on the other hand, would just be more of a paper filing system and I think would work really well.

Well, I would like it if...

a) it was optional.

B) there was an unlimited supply of boxes and

c) boxes weren't limited to a certain number of dragons.

Also, I don't think of it as putting dragons in boxes (althoug h it's easier and quicker to say than organizing the info of said dragon in certain boxes), but, well, putting the info on said dragons in boxes where I can access them without having to scroll through the rest of my, ah, scroll.

Also I'd like a division by boxes. It was a little I thought of proposing it. biggrin.gif A box for Pygmies, a box for Dinos, a box for Rare, ... biggrin.gif

But it's right that everyone can choose if he wants to use boxes or not.

Not only if (s)he wants to use boxes, but also what to use them for - like all CBs, all with interesting lineages, all breeding projects...

Or all pygmies, all splits, all drakes, all regular dragons...

i like this idea, and i would use it if it conformed with the three conditions olympe posted. with pages, every time you get a new dragon, everything is shifted down, so pages isnt that good for sorting dragons. i have mine sorted by breed, but if i could organize all the different dragons that are for different purposes (bsa, lineage project, frequent breeders, etc) then it would be much easier or me, and others like me. wink.gif

Okay, well

changes that will be made to the suggestion:

- The boxes become an option - can be activated through account settings

- The number of dragons per box is unlimited

At Verilidaine

Box doesn't necessarily mean a carton or any other box you can see, a box can be a fictional image of a separated area. This name in this suggestion will probably be altered to fit dragon cave better. However i do not have the idea yet so i'm going ahead with box.

At Olympe

I can't set up an unlimited number of boxes, but boxes can have unlimited number of dragons, that has now been changed.

Why?

Probably too hard to script that everone can make their own boxes system

There is another posibility and that is that all dragons are sorted by breed and tabs are actually names of the Breeds and you simply click and it shows all the reds or blacks for instance

The drawback of this is that you will have a treendous aount of tabs

So... like a file? If you wanted to create files of dragons to sort your scroll in that would make a lot more sense than a box. "Even-gen file" "Metallics file" etc.

This idea has potential, but it needs some work, I think.

I'd like something that would allow you to sort your dragons, and to allow a dragon to appear in more than one location--as has been pointed out, the scroll is just a list of your dragons, not the dragons themselves. So it would make sense that if you had a dragon that had multiple things that you felt were noteworthy, you'd make notes in more than one place as appropriate. For example, Dragon A is listed on both the 'Breed B' scroll with the others of it's kind, and it's also listed on the "Lineage C" scroll, because it's part of that lineage.

No matter what, though, if a system were to be put in place, I'd want the current method of sorting to be able to be applied to them. I have a very specific way I want my dragons organized, as do many others. Perhaps each sort would apply to each box? Like, you can sort each box using the sort methods, and it would save it per box?

Also, why limit people to such small numbers of boxes depending on trophies? Why not let them have more? It doesn't need to be a huge number, but maybe 10 per trophy level or something? None = 10, Bronze = 20, Silver = 30, Gold = 40. There are so many ways people could want to sort things, and forcing them to use a system they hate won't go over well, so being fairly customizable would be key with a system like this...

Also, I agree with Verilidaine--calling it a "file" makes more sense. You keep your notes on your dragons in the appropriate files, you wouldn't use a whole box for just one scroll, would you?

You could probably call them groups instad of boxes.

I do kinda like the idea,As long as it`s a setting which you can switch on and off.

So... like a file?  If you wanted to create files of dragons to sort your scroll in that would make a lot more sense than a box.  "Even-gen file" "Metallics file" etc.

Hell yeah, that's IT

Nice, thanks, just the thing i was searching for

I'm switching all boxes to files

AT KAGESORA

I will accept the proposal of more files. It makes somewhat sense, i wan't it to be customizable and if making more files is the option, then so it is

And second is the applying of different sort mechanisms to the files, it is possible as noted

As seen on the concept pictures, each files has a sort mechanism of its own which you can adjust

AT BLACKROAN

It is optional as said, you can turn it on and off as you please in the Account settings

Edited by Shinobimasterz

Well, why not make it the same way as the folder system on photobucket or mediafire, for example? Would even allow for subfolders, has no limit, is customizable to the nth degree...