Shinobimasterz

ANSWERED:Sort out - Dragon caves (Files) - suggestion

Every time we have a suggestion thread like this I've come in to say PLEASE YES!!

So here I am again. Many of us with 1000+ dragons, multiple lineage and other projects, etc. would really really like to have an easy way to sort them into their groups. My songs and poems would look soooo much better if they didn't randomly get cut in half. My breeding projects would be so much easier to keep track of.

PLEASE oh PLEASE Mighty TJ, can we have tabs/ files/pages of SOME kind???

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

This idea, with the breeding page implementation, sounds fine, but truly any way to sort beyond just one long list would be awesome.

Yes, please! Almost any way of organizing our scrolls would be better than what we have now, for those of us with lots of dragons and lots of lineages and things!

Many people use their dragon's names to help them categorize, which is fine up to a point, but results in things like the lovely little egg I got today: http://dragcave.net/lineage/1J2WU Now I am thrilled to death with this egg and will love it forever, BUT the parents names are awkward to say the least! I understand fully the reason the breeder did this, but it just sort of spoils the look of the lineage. If there was some solution to sorting and categorizing our dragons this sort of thing would not be needed.

Yes, please! Almost any way of organizing our scrolls would be better than what we have now, for those of us with lots of dragons and lots of lineages and things!

Many people use their dragon's names to help them categorize, which is fine up to a point, but results in things like the lovely little egg I got today: http://dragcave.net/lineage/1J2WU Now I am thrilled to death with this egg and will love it forever, BUT the parents names are awkward to say the least! I understand fully the reason the breeder did this, but it just sort of spoils the look of the lineage. If there was some solution to sorting and categorizing our dragons this sort of thing would not be needed.

^^This^^

I have exactly this problem with my dragons, I'm too busy giving them lineage statuses to come up with nice names because I need to categorize them somehow and tabs would be best.... I mean I don't see why people are so against them, I mean you have multiple tabs in your internet browser for different things don't you? It wouldn't be so much different to have tabs (or files) for your scroll (I'm not saying not to have the option to opt out by the way). It would be nice to have a way of organizing with out having to put a dragons status in a name, but would also provide a way to put a single dragon into multiple sub-sections.

Edited by cerimonster

I love this idea. But if it was implemented, I'd want an option for everyone to be able to turn off the box/file view. Not just on their own scroll, but when viewing other people's scrolls. Like how we specify how many dragons we see per page and that has no influence over how many dragons other people see per page when viewing our scrolls. If that makes sense. xd.png Because sometimes I just want to browse through all dragons and especially with the new sorting feature, it's easy to quickly find what I'm looking for on someone else's scroll rather than going through each box individually.

But if it could be turned off in that way, I'd love a feature like this. smile.gif It's definitely something I'd use.

Every time we have a suggestion thread like this I've come in to say PLEASE YES!!

So here I am again. Many of us with 1000+ dragons, multiple lineage and other projects, etc. would really really like to have an easy way to sort them into their groups. My songs and poems would look soooo much better if they didn't randomly get cut in half. My breeding projects would be so much easier to keep track of.

PLEASE oh PLEASE Mighty TJ, can we have tabs/ files/pages of SOME kind???

Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

This idea, with the breeding page implementation, sounds fine, but truly any way to sort beyond just one long list would be awesome.

That's exactly how I feel xd.png And I've done the same for moving groups of dragons in sort.

We've found solutions for more and more breeds and they're more or less working, like biomes.

Now we need to find solutions for more and more dragons on scrolls.

What I'd like to change about this idea would be that the files would be seperate from the normal scroll, sort of like an add-on. On the normal scroll, all the dragons would be visible just like now, and the files would sort of be like extra pages where dragons are listed according to however the scroll keeper wants to sort it.

This is a great idea! It would basically be like having multiple custom sort options. I would love that, for organising various lineages and family groups - having my vast collection of Black Pearl Lineage pygmies in their own 'cave' would help a lot.

Edited by dracopenguin

What I'd like to change about this idea would be that the files would be seperate from the normal scroll, sort of like an add-on. On the normal scroll, all the dragons would be visible just like now, and the files would sort of be like extra pages where dragons are listed according to however the scroll keeper wants to sort it.

I didn't notice this earlier until the post above quoted it, but yes! I agree. smile.gif

I don't know about the breeding part, but I'd love a "filing" system like that, especially if you can save it.

Sometimes I feel like sorting my dragons differently, but I'd never take the chance because it is too much to resort, and I wouldn't want to go through the trouble if I don't like my new sort and want to quickly go back to my original.

Bumping, because as always after a holiday I am sorting my scroll out again and discovering how much I would really like a better sort system. So yea, I know this thread is old, but we still don't have anything implemented.

There is also:

This suggestion for tabs

This one for scroll separators

and one for tags.

There are probably a couple of other similar suggestions. I'm not fussy, I just really need a way to sort my dragons better than just a single linear system (though my preference is a tab-based display system, with a tagging filter system, but as I said - I'm not fussy anymore, I'm desperate tongue.gif )

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

I now have a gold trophy and its a pain having to re-sort new dragons into the linear system we have. I am ALL FOR this file system and for the breeding component of the file system too. As an organized person, I like to be able to group things in such a way so I can get to them more quickly.

I have no trouble thinking that if I lived in Valkemere I'd make copies of my scrolls, put them into different files and have a sorting system for them, and even a separate scroll with easy and quick referencing [like the Library Dewey decimal system] to allow me to get exactly the scroll that I want. Of course there'd be a main scroll containing ALL the dragons I have at the moment, but I'd still have separate ones with names of different dragons all grouped together and would use those ones most likely. Hell I'd even have little sub-categories on my scrolls, with say - Halloween separate scroll/file. Little sub-categories based on not just their breed but also what their lineage is and how they factor into my breeding plans.

Yeah I'm a Virgo, so what of it? -p-

I see no reason against implementing such stuff here, especially if its optional and the people who like the linear system can keep using it, while those who need more organization can exploit that instead.

Fullest support!!!