Shinobimasterz

ANSWERED:Sort out - Dragon caves (Files) - suggestion

Well, why not make it the same way as the folder system on photobucket or mediafire, for example? Would even allow for subfolders, has no limit, is customizable to the nth degree...

I don't know how hard it would be to script it then as i am not into programming

Wouldn't that maybe be a bit too much

Perhaps only if we were to ask someone that has some experience on that ground

I know I'm coming in a little late here, and probably not adding much value to the original topic; however I think it it would be nice to have the "Sort" options as they are in Account settings, but still to have different "View" options of ones scroll, without messing with the chosen way you sort.

Something that would not change the sorting method selected (that could be a 'default' view) but a way to "filter" the view with possibly drop down boxes or something, allowing maybe a "search" function as well? I think changing the way you see the dragons on your scroll - 'on the fly' View function -and back again without the hassle of having to rearrange a custom sort, would be fantastic smile.gif

I know I'm coming in a little late here, and probably not adding much value to the original topic; however I think it it would be nice to have the "Sort" options as they are in Account settings, but still to have different "View" options of ones scroll, without messing with the chosen way you sort.

Something that would not change the sorting method selected (that could be a 'default' view) but a way to "filter" the view with possibly drop down boxes or something, allowing maybe a "search" function as well? I think changing the way you see the dragons on your scroll - 'on the fly' View function -and back again without the hassle of having to rearrange a custom sort, would be fantastic smile.gif

This would be sort of a on/off option, the change sort option still stays as is

Anyone any suggestions? criticism?

You could probably call them groups instad of boxes.

Or maybe herds or packs or something to name a group of dragons? :3

I don't even have scroll pages: I have them set to where I view everyone's whole scroll on one page. I want to keep it that way.

^This completely. The boxes are pretty much forced pages that are in pages... No. I vote no.

Having played several different creature collecting games, the game with the best type of sorting option (IMO) is UniCreatures. http://www.unicreatures.com/profile.php?id=20676

1. How many sorting areas you can have is based on your number of Accomplishments, so basing it on Trophy levels could work the same way.

2. UC only allows 300 creatures per area... but an unlimited amount would be much better.

3. UC allows you to move 1 creature at a time OR all creatures of the same breed in a mass move using check boxes. A more flexible system that allows mass movement of multiple individual creatures using check boxes would be much better.

I currently have 30 different sorting areas on UC holding 2012 creatures.. I'm almost maxed out on areas, but there is still plenty of space in most of them.. I'm just picky on how I sort things. Which is pretty much why I only use 1 page on DC.. I don't like how the multiple page option works, so I refuse to use it.

I fully support a more flexible sorting system, similar to the suggestion of the OP or the example I've shown here.

Having played several different creature collecting games, the game with the best type of sorting option (IMO) is UniCreatures. http://www.unicreatures.com/profile.php?id=20676

1. How many sorting areas you can have is based on your number of Accomplishments, so basing it on Trophy levels could work the same way.

2. UC only allows 300 creatures per area... but an unlimited amount would be much better.

3. UC allows you to move 1 creature at a time OR all creatures of the same breed in a mass move using check boxes. A more flexible system that allows mass movement of multiple individual creatures using check boxes would be much better.

I currently have 30 different sorting areas on UC holding 2012 creatures.. I'm almost maxed out on areas, but there is still plenty of space in most of them.. I'm just picky on how I sort things. Which is pretty much why I only use 1 page on DC.. I don't like how the multiple page option works, so I refuse to use it.

I fully support a more flexible sorting system, similar to the suggestion of the OP or the example I've shown here.

Wow, a first full comment on this suggestion

So, what about Windows based translation through boxes, you can open two different boxes simultaneously and grab a few and drag them through

I FULLY support this idea, or at least something like it.

Those of us with lots of dragons, and multiple scroll goals, would really benefit from this.

Just thinking about it, I would like to have the ability to do the following:

Separate CB dragons from those that are part of a lineage

Have useful BSA dragons grouped together

Have an army of one type all together, with nothing else

Song/ poetry area

So, I want to be able to sort dragons independently or in in groups

I want tabs at the top of my scroll so I can easily go to each subpage, and I want to be able to name the tabs anything I want

Each subpage (or file, whatever) should have its own numbering/ sorting system so I can do each one independently, and the option to make them all sort in the same way should be available.

Agree that people should have the option to turn it on or off-- if someone doesn't like it they shouldn't be forced to use it.

I just do so much.... scrolling. It takes a lot of time, you know?

I FULLY support this idea, or at least something like it.

Those of us with lots of dragons, and multiple scroll goals, would really benefit from this.

Just thinking about it, I would like to have the ability to do the following:

Separate CB dragons from those that are part of a lineage

Have useful BSA dragons grouped together

Have an army of one type all together, with nothing else

Song/ poetry area

So, I want to be able to sort dragons independently or in in groups

I want tabs at the top of my scroll so I can easily go to each subpage, and I want to be able to name the tabs anything I want

Each subpage (or file, whatever) should have its own numbering/ sorting system so I can do each one independently, and the option to make them all sort in the same way should be available.

Agree that people should have the option to turn it on or off-- if someone doesn't like it they shouldn't be forced to use it.

I just do so much.... scrolling. It takes a lot of time, you know?

your description is somewhat what i have suggested, so, i am glad you support it and you like it

Anyone has some constructive criticism?

I like the idea, but I would work it out a bit differently (and I prefer the name 'collection' over 'file', because it leaves more to the imagination). Let me try to explain how I see it:

The main scroll would remain as it is now, with only the addition of a link 'view collections'.

Like this.

When you click that link you get this when you're on another person's scroll, and this when you're on your own scroll.

I can see the adding and removing dragons part something like this, where the dragons you selected are normal and those you haven't are faded, but it could work with checkboxes or some other selecting mechanisms as well. I was just looking for something that would show as many dragons with as little scrolling needed as possible.

After I made the example screenshot I realised this should probably include a 'select all/select none' function too, for quicker selecting.

In any case, the idea is that each dragon can appear in each collection, so that if you have for example a pink dragon that's part of a lineage you can have it appear in both the collection for the lineage and the collection for influence.

I included the seperate sort option (which would work just like the already existing sort but only showing the selected dragons) because I read someone suggesting it here, but I would personally be totally fine with it if it wasn't there and the dragons remained sorted as they are on the main page.

When viewing the collection, it would look just like the main page (with pages or not according to the viewers settings), but only show the selected dragons. It would be nice if the link in the (ugly) white box would be the link directly to the collection page.

If limits to the number of collections are needed, I would hope they would not be too low. With 190 adult dragons I can think of 9 or 10 collections I would like to make already...

Advantages as I see it:

- totally optional, both for own use and for viewing other people's scrolls (if people dislike the link being there on the main page, there could even be an account setting to remove it...)

- dragons can appear in more than one collection

- collections can be named (I was in doubt about this at first because of the issues with letting people put text on the site, but then I realised this is no different than naming dragons...)

Possible disadvantages:

- server space/strain?

- difficult to code?

Edited by Fengari

I like the idea, but I would work it out a bit differently (and I prefer the name 'collection' over 'file', because it leaves more to the imagination). Let me try to explain how I see it:

The main scroll would remain as it is now, with only the addition of a link 'view collections'.

Like this.

When you click that link you get this when you're on another person's scroll, and this when you're on your own scroll.

I can see the adding and removing dragons part something like this, where the dragons you selected are normal and those you haven't are faded, but it could work with checkboxes or some other selecting mechanisms as well. I was just looking for something that would show as many dragons with as little scrolling needed as possible.

After I made the example screenshot I realised this should probably include a 'select all/select none' function too, for quicker selecting.

In any case, the idea is that each dragon can appear in each collection, so that if you have for example a pink dragon that's part of a lineage you can have it appear in both the collection for the lineage and the collection for influence.

I included the seperate sort option (which would work just like the already existing sort but only showing the selected dragons) because I read someone suggesting it here, but I would personally be totally fine with it if it wasn't there and the dragons remained sorted as they are on the main page.

When viewing the collection, it would look just like the main page (with pages or not according to the viewers settings), but only show the selected dragons. It would be nice if the link in the (ugly) white box would be the link directly to the collection page.

If limits to the number of collections are needed, I would hope they would not be too low. With 190 adult dragons I can think of 9 or 10 collections I would like to make already...

Advantages as I see it:

- totally optional, both for own use and for viewing other people's scrolls (if people dislike the link being there on the main page, there could even be an account setting to remove it...)

- dragons can appear in more than one collection

- collections can be named (I was in doubt about this at first because of the issues with letting people put text on the site, but then I realised this is no different than naming dragons...)

Possible disadvantages:

- server space/strain?

- difficult to code?

Yeah, you did that pretty good, maybe better than i did, so, may i add your as OPTION 2 of the suggestion?

This could be useful...id be fine with either this or what it is now. Now, I would just suggest not calling them 'boxes' cuz that would be to copying of pokemon. I suggest that you call it somthing else, although i cant come up with a name, lol. Diffrent cave cavrens? Dunno

This could be useful...id be fine with either this or what it is now. Now, I would just suggest not calling them 'boxes' cuz that would be to copying of pokemon. I suggest that you call it somthing else, although i cant come up with a name, lol. Diffrent cave cavrens? Dunno

it's been changed, since it's a scroll you have, it's a file system now

Yeah, you did that pretty good, maybe better than i did, so, may i add your as OPTION 2 of the suggestion?

Oops, missed this reply... Please do!

I really like Fengari's option. I just wonder how much trouble it would all be to code, but if it is not too difficult then I am all for it.

Or maybe herds or packs or something to name a group of dragons? :3

Funny enough, a novel I read refereed to a group of dragons as a "Doom".

I like Fengari's suggestion, but I'd like for an easy way to flip through groups like what we have now for pages.

Dooms sounds good to me too, but I don't know how most other people would think about that. Maybe we should keep it more 'neutral'.

I keep my dragon sorted by breed as is and this seems a little too complicated and unnecessary

This sounds... ways too complicated for me.

I'd like the following: The player can determine not only how many dragons are displayed on one page of the scroll (as it is now), but additional and special page breaks. This would allow players (who like this way of sorting their dragons) to have e.g. a page with eggs and growing dragons, a cb collection (consisting of x pages) then a new page for let's say lineage dragons, frozen hatchlings ets. But the player should be able to determine which dragon starts a new page (and a minimum dragon limit per page would be neccessary; every dragon on a new page is not the idea behind).

And if you don't like this you simply don't insert any page breaks.