TJ09

2011-06-10 - UPDATES

I just see one problem with biomes:

Take the costal biome: Often, there'll be only three waterhorses or waterwalkers around. These are actually not hunted.

There are already new 5 letter-code dragons in the AP. This makes me sad sad.gif

Anyway, I fixed the issues I was having earlier (CTRL+F5 ftw) and picked up a seawyrm egg that I needed. Am I the only one who's not automatically locking themselves with new-shiny-biome-found eggs? tongue.gif

Take the costal biome: Often, there'll be only three waterhorses or waterwalkers around. These are actually not hunted.

true, i was thinking the same...but with the egg/hatchie lock changed people could pick up a really common egg easier then before....if everyone would do it ones in a while it wouldnt be a bigg problem i think.

Has anyone figgured out where nebula's are hiding?

I just caught two in the alpine biome....

so far I love the changes... caught a cb Magma, bred one and saw a black in the cave....biggrin.gif

Thankyou so MUCH TJ!!!!

Whoo! Woke up and found the changes! AWESOME. biggrin.gif

Thankyou so much TJ and everyone else who has been helping. tongue.gif

The changes are really interesting, now I can trade without scare. Thank you TJ for that! smile.gif

I love the biomes biggrin.gif The map on the first page is grate, now we know where our dragons come from laugh.gif

*shrug*

hunt them for zombie fodder / badge getting / starting your own widespread aquatic lineage?

Since getting a buttload of dragons actually has a reason to now, and having a bunch of eggs and hatchlings won't be the issue it was before, the question is "why not?"

Of course... the issue will always be there.

Anyone seen a Stripe already?

Edited by Miryana

Wow. I'm liking everything so far. I've already teleported some eggs and have locked myself with the new limits. I had no idea just how many more dragons that would enable me to catch until now . . . it almost seems like too much, and I don't even have a gold trophy! The biomes are brilliant. It's true they seem to be empty a lot, but as long as you know what you want, have a general idea of where to look, and are willing to hang out for a bit, you wind up seeing eggs that haven't been seen in weeks! At least that's my experience so far. The one thing that's been made obvious, though, is TJ needs to release more desert dwelling dragon breeds in his next release. That biome is entirely too lifeless right now.

Why are some biomes so often empty? Nothing in Alpine, Desert and Volcano for me.

This update is awesome.

It is kind of annoying to turn up to a biome and have it empty, and I can see that this may introduce much more competition in certain biomes and less in others.

Why are some biomes so often empty? Nothing in Alpine, Desert and Volcano for me.

Guess where people have been hunting...

ALso, given we have a bunch of 3 egg lines now, drops will be gone MUCH faster.

Yeeeeaaaaahh!!!!!!!! It's wonderful! I mean, it was great to begin with, but now DC is even better! Thank you so much!! biggrin.gif

:DDD Thank you TJ. the cave looks so awesome! I was worrying that with the biomes the layout would lose it's "DC-ness", but it all looks very nice. I especially like the new links below the header. ^^

Tiny question as I just came back from my last school exam and my brain is kind of fried...do we have a list for the breeds in each biome? :3

Biomes

Each biome has an exclusive set of breeds to choose from.

Is there a list of what breeds can be found under each biome?

http://dragcave.net/wilderness/young Eggs in the wilderness! Yay! Why do some wilderness eggs have owners? Is this some kind of "teleport backlog" or what?

I think that link is for novelty only. The eggs don't seem to be available to pick up.

Edited by Natalie_ca

Now Dragon Cave is too close to be ideal biggrin.gif

Thank you, TJ!

Edited by Neuko

http://dragcave.net/wilderness/young Eggs in the wilderness! Yay! Why do some wilderness eggs have owners? Is this some kind of "teleport backlog" or what?

If I remember correctly, wild eggs can drop to the AP and be picked up there. But wow, that is a *lot* of wild eggs. blink.gif