TJ09

2011-06-10 - UPDATES

Thank you very much for these amazing updates! It's so nice to get home from work tonight and have it up and running! <3

these are very cool updates nothing will breed for me tho dry.gif does anyone know what eggs will be in what biomie?

Also don't see any eggs in half the biomes and the white showed up in two, when i thought they were now, except rare, supposed to be biome-specific.

Biome-specific doesn't mean they can't show up in more than one biome.

~

Please bear with us as we discover bugs that went unnoticed for testing and we try to get them fixed. ^^

I picked up a couple new eggs just a minute ago and they already had 6/6/1 views as soon as they got on my scroll. Should that be happening now?

same happened to me with new egg, 8/7/1 straight from the cave, or biome as it were. doesn't seem like that should be happening...

Toshiba Laptop. Running windows 7.

here's what I see if it matters: http://i53.tinypic.com/2v1ov8g.png

Refresh does squat.

firefox works fine, but id rather use chrome. :B

edit; header image loads fine, but the link images under it refuse to, for whatever reason.

Ctrl+F5 and/or clear your browser cache.

Several of the layout files for the site changed, and it appears that your browser is still caching the old ones.

Will definitely have to adapt to catching at the different habitats.

Thanks for the updates! 8D

Edited by geminigrl016

Biome-specific doesn't mean they can't show up in more than one biome.

~

Please bear with us as we discover bugs that went unnoticed for testing and we try to get them fixed. ^^

Er, the term "specific" actually does mean that. It's... specific.

However, if they are NOT biome-specific, and the "water dragons... coast" line from a previous post is merely misleading in terms of its wording, then that's different.

Btw, how do we change the skin? I'm clicking every link I see and don't see it yet. I'd like to check those out. Much as I love the old-fashioned scroll-papyrus, I'd like to see the others too. Will we get more choices? Pink? Roses? Dragons? Any would be welcome.

..... Okay I *definitely* don't like the glaring white "show this page to others" bar. Can we at least mute the box a little? Please? It *really* stands out.

The biomes are going to take forever to get used to. And we apparently don't have *lists* of what dragons can be found in which biome.... So maybe I'll just AP-hunt for a few weeks until the lists hopefully go up in the Wiki and I can't stop flailing about not knowing where the dragons are!

I like the codes instead of "Unnamed", it's a lot easier to eyeball the ones I haven't named now.

I'm very excited about most of this update, but by far my favorite "unannounced" thing is the Help page being in the main navigation-bar. Been asking and complaining about that forever!! Woooot!

Will the biomes fill up at the hourly drops? It seems a waste of time to sit around waiting in one particular biome for a certain dragon all night if it never shows up, the rares, especially.

Ctrl+F5 and/or clear your browser cache.

Several of the layout files for the site changed, and it appears that your browser is still caching the old ones.

huh, that did the trick. 8)

thanks a bunch TJ ^^

bed time now. x.x

This is awesome!

… but I switched to the Portal layout and I can't find the links in the Account page? I'm using Safari 5 on a Mac if that helps.

Yey biggrin.gif

I used Fertility on a pair of dragons, and just successfully transferred a Magi egg they bred to someone. THE SYSTEM WORKS!

ETA: Skin changing- just go to Account, go to Account Settings. There'll be a little skin selection bar a little ways down.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Quick question.... are these new 5-letter codes going to break fansites/hatcheries? *worries a bit*

oh my god!

thank you TJ!!!

I have already used Teleport!

This is awesome!

… but I switched to the Portal layout and I can't find the links in the Account page? I'm using Safari 5 on a Mac if that helps.

Unfortunately OS X seems to have issues with the custom fonts the Portal 2 layout uses.

You can go to http://dragcave.net/account/edit directly to change back.

Quick question.... are these new 5-letter codes going to break fansites/hatcheries? *worries a bit*

Daily Dragon Fix does not accept them yet (though they did up the limits), but I successfully added one to Silvi's.

ETA: Thanks! I've been so looking forward to this update!

Edited by moxiegraphix

I've got seven eggs. Wanted to influence two of them, but couldn't. On the egg choice list there are spots for only six eggs sad.gif And the other one is not showing up mad.gif

Edited by agajol