Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

((Hey, Packgoater- I'm going to be gone for the next few days, just so you know. Don't do anything drastic without me! ;D ))

Soldier yelped in fear at the Husky that was now pinning her down. Soldier twisted her head so her neck was exposed in respect. This was clearly the Alpha.

"Raid?" Soldier choked, "No raid, i am a loner wishing to join your pack, if i may. My name is Soldier."

Soldier did not make eye contact and continued to expose her neck.

Edited by shelbell

Kaala got off and let the dog up, "a loner eh?" she stared at the dog, it was causeing no threat, "Fine, i'll see how you do," Kaala glared at it, she lead it back to the Densite.

(fail post xd.png i know lolz ))

Keesha followed, sheepishly. [damn, damn, damn, damn, damn] she repeated to herself. [You could have made a good impression, but nooooo, sister. You had to grovel like a lost pup.] When Kaala told her to stay, Keesha had the persistant thought of running away. Was the pack so big that they accepted angry, arrogant, dominant dogs like her? Or was the alpha close to being like Shadowpack material? She had full on expected a pack of no more than five dogs. One Alpha, one Omega, a Gamma, and then two hunting dogs. Omegas sole purpose was to relieve tension by playing with the other pack members and watching over the pups. And not to mention being chewed on a little. Perhaps that was only in wolves...

Kaala bounded back to where she had told the other dog to stay, "come!" Kaala said and lead the two loners to the front of the house, "Tall Stone Dogs!" Kaala Called, she was going to introduce the two new comers to the pack. she waited as the dogs gathered, there wasn't that many in her pack yet, but they where still having a rough time finding enough food.

Minn heard the Alpha's call, "come on!" Minn said to the other dog and lead him toward the Densite, "i can take you to the Alpha if you want to join" she stopped at the edge of the densite, "do you want to join Tall Stone?" Minn asked and waited for an answer.

Soldier rose to full highth and and fallowed Kaala to the densite, there she found two other dog on there bellies. Soldier wondered if she should show such submission. But then again they could be the omegas. So Soldier sat down and toke a look around the densites.

Keesha pushed her head up a few inches so that she appeared to be something like a Sigma or Kappa. If she could get the role of a Sigma, it would suit her breed very well. She could stay and guard the dens and pups while not having to hunt. If she somehow managed Kappa, she would often be challenged and would have to discipline the others. It was not in her interest to have to bite down on muzzles and pin larger dogs. Yes, if anywhere at all, she wanted Sigma.

edit:((@shellbell: I don't know about anyone else, but Keesha wouldn't sink as low as being on her stomach. She is only like that when her life is at stake.))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Kaala looked over the pack, she saw that one was missing, it was easy to tell if one was missing in a small pack such as hers, "Minn!" Kaala growled, Minn was almost always late.

Minn startled at the call. "just stay here okay, i'll come back after the meating" Minn said and slunk over to the place where the few dogs of the pack where gathered. "sorry Kaala" Minn crouched down as low as she could, and listened to what the Alpha had to say.

Kaala glared down at Minn, "okay, i have found two dogs that say they wish to join the pack!" Kaala glared at the one to her left, she was standing a bit too tall for her liking, Kaala looked at the other one, "step forward!" she said to the one that was crouching down like an Omega dog.

(the roles in Kaala's pack are Hunter, Warrior, Den Guard, and Omega, just saying, i don't like all those other names for them xd.png and there also are the Regulars, ones that have not been given a role in the pack, they just help out smile.gif then of coarse Alpha and Beta. xd.png ))

EDIT: (( saying, Kaala glares at Soldier and is telling Keesha to step forward, just to clear up any confusion xd.png))

Edited by Scott-the-wolf

Keesha obeyed and stepped forward. When she came to as stop, she once again forced her head up, but never above Kaala. There was the calm voice of one of her owners that spoke from the back of her head. [C'mon, just look dignified. There, now be a little bit more proud of yourself. Look at the dogs as if you are devoted to them. No, keep the tail out! OUT OF YOUR LEGS! Thank you, now don't move...] She took the advice and kept her head at a steady 3/4 of the way up. Her eyes probed around the dogs, looking for status and personality. She could deal with this, all she needed was the voice.

Kaala nodded, "say your name" Kaala ordered, this ceremony would decide the dog's Rank, Kaala looked at her, at first she was thinking Omega, now she thought maybe a Den Guard, which was the next rank up from Omega, the Den Guards stayed in the Densite at all times, they protected it from any intruders, she knew that this dog was not a Warrior or Hunter, so she had to decide between Den Guard or Omega, and if she couldn't decide, the dog would be a Regular.

(i'm gonna make another char, he's gonna be a Warrior of the Tall Stone))

Edited by Scott-the-wolf

((Okay, Haze. I'll try. smile.gif ))

Wulf followed Minn, slinking behind her. He had gotten the feeling this Alpha was fair, and ranked her dogs according to how they were. Maybe if he just showed a bit of fire in him, showed a bit of what he was made of... Wulf did his best to stand erect, his sleek almost wolf-like appearance highly memorable. He nodded to the Alpha, bending his neck in respect.

"I too, would like to join," he barked, his eyes bright with youth and energy. His owners had speculated a bit of collie or Australian shepherd in his genes, for he did have the energy and instinct of them. When a herding dog's instincts are not controlled with a lot of play or exercise, the herding instinct often turns to a hunting instinct. Wulf dipped his head once more, sitting on his haunches.

Keesha could be anything she wanted, really. She decided on keeping the acting to a minimal. This was one of her best moves, it would be hard not to sink down even without a new title. She took a breath "I am Keesha." It rushed through her head whether or not to put a rank. She decided that perhaps it would put a safety bar. "Previously a watchdog." She glanced over at Kaala for a reaction. Her earlier reaction could very well still put her at an Omega. Had she pulled it off? [You're sinking.] The voice chimed. Keesha hurriedly raised her head.

Kaala Nodded, "okay For now you will be a Den Guard, i will see how you do." Kaala them motioned for the dog to join the others who where gathered. Kaala turned to the other dog that just showed up, she had not heard this dog padding up, "very well. say your name." Kaala was thinking, this dog had the courage of a Warrior, and the looks of a Hunter.

"My name is Wulf," he said, excitement coursing through his veins. He showed nothing of it, besides a slight gleam in his pale blue eye. His ears flicked forward. He didn't really want to tell them about his past, but if they asked, he would. He just hoped it wouldn't turn them off, being a former pet and all. He swished his tail, swatting away a couple flies. His eyes were determined and eager, suiting his personality. He was a very eager to please sort of dog, determined to be good at whatever he was placed at. Clearly this Alpha ranked her dogs on how they behaved, so he held his head up, not arrogantly, and held his shoulders strong. Maybe, just maybe, he could be something above Omega.

Soldier dipped her head, know feeling stupid for not being submissive. She stepped forward. "My name is Soldier." She said respectfully. She hoped she would be a Warrior dog. Her breed was bred for fighting and protecting, but she would much rather fight then protect, but she would do either to protect her pack.

Edit: ((Wait, i thought you were talking to me, whoops))

Edited by shelbell

Kaala nodded, "good, i will say you will be a Regular untill i figure out if i want you to be a hunter or Warrior," Kaala motioned for him to go sit with the rest of the pack. "now you" she said and motioned for the last of the new dogs to step forward, she looked at the dog, she narrowed her eyes in a warning, she didn't like the looks of this one.

EDIT: (@ shelbell, now she's talking to you xd.png its so eiasy to get confused, just repost what you posted just now and Kaala will evaluate you xd.png))

Edited by Scott-the-wolf

Wulf dipped his head, returning to sit by Minn. Warrior or Hunter... that was good, especially for a dog new to the streets. He felt bad for the little she-dog, whom only got Den-guard. On the other hand, maybe that was what she wanted. He thumped his tail against the ground, he too feeling unsure about this next dog.

((oh, ok lol))

She felt more idiotic than ever, not be submissive. She sulked forward, head down, and stared at the ground, and said her name. "My name is Soldier." She realized that she deserved to be an Omega, how disrespfull she had been. But her German shepard's blood would be good for fighting. Soldier was able to take whatever she was given.

Edit: ((redid it a little wink.gif ))

Edited by shelbell

Minn looked up at Wulf, Minn made shure her head and ears where below his, she knew he was a higher rank than she was, by far.

Kaala waited, she looked down at Minn, she was always the most defiant omega in the pack, and Kaala didn't want to see her break the code of the ranks

EDIT: didn't see ur post Shelbell sorry))

Kaala looked at the dog, "hmm, Den Guard" she said.

(had to post something :/))

Edited by Scott-the-wolf

Keesha backed up a little once her rank was placed. She started to congratulate herself. [Good, very good! Now you don't have to worry. All you have to do is bark and wrestle if you are lucky. You can do those things very well, can't you? Your mom taught you the hard way, you can handle it!] Her tail twitched back and forth out of the desire to wag. [i can do anything! Stay at the dens, and catch birds and mice. If I can get enough, I might even get to eat.] Back at her house, Keesha always fed last because her mother pushed her out of the way. By then, most of the food was gone.

edit:((I see some leetle ninjas))

When Keesha heard that the Soldier dog was going to be den guard, her stomach flopped. She would be out shined by far in her job now. [Just keep it together, and listen to me...]

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Soldier stepped back. She lowered herself. 'Gaurd-Den? Soldier could live with that.' Soldier's tail patted up and down a little. She hoped She would be good at it. All She had to do was gaurd. But that could get boring after a while. Soldier didn't care. and she was placed with Keesha, that couldn't be bad. Her tail patted a little harder.

Edited by shelbell

Wulf suddenly understood. She was an Omega, wasn't she? His heart sank. That probably meant she wasn't supposed to freely converse with him. He hoped this was not the case. He shook his head and yawned, tired already. This was a nice camp, here. He liked it. He scratched an itch in between his rib cage and his shoulder, finally getting a mosquito off.

Kaala dismissed the meating, it was getting hot, and now the time for the dogs to rest, Kaala went into her den, she curled up, and felt the coldness she had felt in her den ever seance Tawny died.

Minn looked up at Wulf "congragulations, i think the Alpha has taken a liking to you!" Minn then went over to the Omega's sleaping place, seeing the rest of the dogs finding places in the shadow of rocks or even inside the den itself. Minn didn't feel like sleeping so she just watched the Den-guards takeing their places around the edge of the densite, to guard the place. that is how it worked here, when the rest of the dogs sleapt in the hot daytime the Den Guards would take turns guarding the densite.

Soldier retuned to her regular height. "I don't think she likes me, but i can't blame her." She told Wulf. She turned to Keesha "Looks like we are both gaurd dogs!" Soldier smiled in a dog sort of way. She swiped a fly from her leg. "I will take the first shift, you all should get your rest." Soldier took her position

Edited by shelbell

Keesha watched as her new packmates took a place on a slab of rock, the shadow of some ruined buildings, or inside the alcoves they made. She assumed that this was a sign of rank. She had always slept under the porch or the bed, now she assumed she would be sleeping near the walls. The sky looked gloomy in it's own fall-ish kind of way. Of course, it wasn't actually winter. And somehow, it was still blistering hot. "Looks like we are both guard dogs!" "I will take the first shift, you all should get your rest." Keesha wasn't actually tired. She had woken up only a few minutes age. Instead of laying, or standing, she merely sat. It would take awhile, but she needed to learn her fellow pack members scents and faces.

edit: Keesha had found some new courage. Perhaps she could make friends with soldier, after all. The two of them would need a decent relationship. "Thank you for your kindness. I came here right after I woke up, I don't need rest. And besides, I will want to know who is in our pack, so I don't go after them." She grinned, her species was able to do that. They were also a more 'intellectual' group of dogs. But at some point today, she would need a good jog.

Edited by ArchiosLukos